GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Brunn will plead not guilty to the brutal slaying of 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera.

David Cannon Sr., one of Brunn's court-appointed attorneys, told CNN on Thursday that his client will enter a "not guilty plea" at the appropriate time.

Cannon could not be reached for comment this morning, but Brunn's other court-appointed attorney told Canton-Sixes Patch that he "will confirm what Mr. Cannon said."

Lawyer Daran Burns didn't elaborate.
http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/attorneys-brunn-will-enter-not-guilty-plea

Sucks for us though! ;)

Well, sucks on the forum. I do a lot of sleuthing on my own . . .

Thank you, mrsu, for your speculations! I, too, am wondering if he was that dumb? If it was so calculated, why so many "gaps"? And what about the "report" of the body found in a dumpster at that same complex in early 2011?

Thank you to the locals! I, too, believe she was placed in the compactor dumpster early on & there was a bunch of trash to sift through due to the wknd. Wasn't there supposed to be a press conference? Did I miss it?

Perhaps A not guilty plea will make this a "mammoth case" as quoted by Vernon Keenan, GBI director.

I agree with tlcox but want to add that quite often the red flags are only truly obvious in hindsight. Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony had no criminal record and a lot of initial support. It was only after the fact that everything was laid out and came together like a toddler's puzzle. But if you asked the people who knew them before if they would ever do anything like this? I'll bet you'd get virtually 100% NO.

I have lived here for 32 years and been a crime junkie virtually all of that time. I can't think of a single crime that is similar. On NCMEC, there is not a single child listed under 14 who is not believed to be in the custody of a family member.

As for unsolved child murders, Levi Frady was killed in 1997 not all that far from Jorelys. But it was 14 years ago, he was a white male, and he was disposed of in a completely different manner.

Honestly, since Wayne Williams, I don't remember anything that even comes close to this nightmare. Am I forgetting someone, GA peeps?

I've lived in Georgia since 1987, and can not remember either a crime of this heinous nature happening in GA, let alone happening to a child. I believe Ryan wins the award for the most inhuman act ever carried out in the state of Georgia, IMO.

I remember the first big crime that happened after we moved here (I'm originally a Yank) was Sara Tokars. Sara's hubby had her killed in front of their children, iirc ... and Fred Tokars was a big time attorney here. I remember his commercials on TV.

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Patrol/Articles/2007/04/Case-Study.aspx

:angel2::Crown::princess:
jorelys-rivera.230.jpg

God's newest angel

I've lived in Georgia since 1987, and can not remember either a crime of this heinous nature happening in GA, let alone happening to a child. I believe Ryan wins the award for the most inhuman act ever carried out in the state of Georgia, IMO.

I rememeber the first big crime that happened after we moved here (I'm originally a Yank) was Sara Tokars. Sara's hubby had her killed in front of their children, iirc ... and Fred Tokars was a big time attorney here. I remember his commercials on TV.

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Patrol/Articles/2007/04/Case-Study.aspx

This and the Alday family murders....

I just posted a fox link upstream.. it was cancelled

Saw it ! Thank you ! Wonder why LE wanted the family to cancel? Maybe so they wouldn't accidentally blurt out something important to the case?

Prayers to the families, especially those who live in that complex.

A lot of you have followed these cases longer than I have. I'm wondering how common it is for someone to just SNAP! As in no previous tell tale signs, no animal abuse, no criminal history, etc. all outward appearances/relationships seem normal and one day they just snap and commit a horrible crime.

I know we don't know that's the case here yet, but just wondering how common it is...or do most have skeletons that come out?

A LOT. A quick example is Casey Anthony. Others that seem to be frequent are the husbands that murder the wives. Look at Scott Peterson.
As far as suspects who abduct, rape and murder children that have no prior criminal history is less common. However, I am sure that when LE look back on RB and also work this investigation there will be things they find that raise eyebrows.

Me...I think that there will be child *advertiser censored* on his computer/smartphone. For all we know maybe he is one of those perverts that goes in the pedophile chat rooms so they can exchange ideas.

Regardless, this crime is so horrific it is beyond explanation. It's one thing to sexually assault another person, let alone a child. Then on top of that to murder them...in such a brutal way.

Thank you, mrsu, for your speculations! I, too, am wondering if he was that dumb? If it was so calculated, why so many "gaps"? And what about the "report" of the body found in a dumpster at that same complex in early 2011?

Thank you to the locals! I, too, believe she was placed in the compactor dumpster early on & there was a bunch of trash to sift through due to the wknd. Wasn't there supposed to be a press conference? Did I miss it?

I think the crime was calculated, but he's not very smart, and he didn't calculate well. A crime can be shown to have a plan behind it. But it might very well be a bad plan.

What I mean is, I think his 'calculating' was time spent setting up his horrific den with what he needed to do his horrific things. I then think he thought, "Hey, I know Waste Management comes in the mornings on Monday, she's at the bottom, I'll keep adding trash and compacting, they'll take her away Monday, it'll be forever for them to ever find her if at all!"

His facebook posts don't lead me to believe his IQ is stellar. And he doesn't strike me as the type of 20 year old that follows true crime, Dr. G, Law and Order, etc.

So I think his plan to torture and rape and murder her was 'calculated', but no one said it was 'brilliantly calculated'. Moo! :seeya:

ETA: I think if there had been a body found in the dumpster at THIS complex in 2011 or ever, the media would have been all over it by now. That's MOO too! :)

Thank you, mrsu, for your speculations! I, too, am wondering if he was that dumb? If it was so calculated, why so many "gaps"? And what about the "report" of the body found in a dumpster at that same complex in early 2011? Thank you to the locals! I, too, believe she was placed in the compactor dumpster early on & there was a bunch of trash to sift through due to the wknd. Wasn't there supposed to be a press conference? Did I miss it?

The only place I have seen that was on the apartment board where a tenant had posted. I could not find anything confirming it. Have you seen it confirmed anywhere? Scary thought. jmo

very wise!!! I believe the constant reporting & speculation by MSM only muddies the waters & taints a possible Jury Pool.

Exactly. We don't want to go to Clearwater again.

Then how did she get in there? Someone put her there. Why would RB not have the opportunity but some unknown murderer would? RB would know the complex as well as anyone and when and how to get around without notice. Being the groundskeeper, RB would have the best chance to go to the compacter without being questioned.

Did LE say when they believe JR was placed in the trash bin?

The GBI Director told N Lance that it took a lot of sifting in order to get down to the body and it was contained in between heavily condensed garbage so they should be able to guesstimate when it was placed there based on the amt of garbage that was in it.

Natisha Lance told NG she didn't know if the body was in a trash bag and that the body was not visible when they pulled the dumpster from the apt complex.

JR was last seen at 5 pm on Friday and LE believe she died 1 1/2 hours later (6:30 pm). Sunset in Canton Dec 5 @5:30 pm and it was dark by 6 pm.

911 called at 7:12 pm and Canton police arrived on scene at 7:30 p.m. which gives the perp roughly an hour to dispose of the body. Approximately 356 people lived at the complex so it is a busy place and a task force remained there 24/7 after they arrived on Friday evening.

IDK when the K9 dogs and helicopter arrived at the apt complex but I am very surprised they didn't lead LE to the vacant apartment or the dumpster before Monday.

If the body wasn't in a trash bag (concealed), how did the perp move her from the apt to the trash bin and how come the K9 dogs didn't pick up her scent at the dumpster?

The perp wouldn't carry her body uncovered to the dumpster would he?

This case is a real mystery and has me completely baffled. :santahat:

Just a few thoughts.

He may have been hiding in plain sight. No one would pay attention to a maintenance person going in and out of a vacant apartment. I know I wouldn't. It would be under my radar and quickly forgotten if noticed at all.

Maintenance people are usually issued a uniform of some type. To keep them clean they are often issued paper coveralls if they are doing a job that might make their cloths dirty so they don't have to change.

MOO

I think a maintenance man who is known around the complex as such would be completely unnoteworthy if seen carrying garbage bags from a known vacant apartment and dropping it or them into the dumpster. I would simply assume that the vacant apartment was being cleaned up for re rental and the previous tenant had not left it in the best condition. Particularly if he had done so prior to the child being reported missing.

That creepy guy down the hall who always makes me feel uncomfortable doing such a thing would be notable. But not the maintenance man. At least in my own perspective.

o/t your siggy line cracks me up Jayarre, that is sooo me.

I think the crime was calculated, but he's not very smart, and he didn't calculate well. A crime can be shown to have a plan behind it. But it might very well be a bad plan.

What I mean is, I think his 'calculating' was time spent setting up his horrific den with what he needed to do his horrific things. I then think he thought, "Hey, I know Waste Management comes in the mornings on Monday, she's at the bottom, I'll keep adding trash and compacting, they'll take her away Monday, it'll be forever for them to ever find her if at all!"

His facebook posts don't lead me to believe his IQ is stellar. And he doesn't strike me as the type of 20 year old that follows true crime, Dr. G, Law and Order, etc.

So I think his plan to torture and rape and murder her was 'calculated', but no one said it was 'brilliantly calculated'. Moo! :seeya:

Agree. All his effort and planning went into carrying out this horror and not so much into covering it up. He was confident in his ability to lie his way out. (I hope LE prosecutes whoever lied about RB being at Walmart...hmmm and maybe that was the roommate....and maybe he's dealing with LE to get out of the giving false information charge....) RB probably knew little about forensics, cell phone tracking & DNA - IMO he is fixin' to get an education. And if he & JR did drink the Cokes and left the cans there - he did no research at all.

Did LE say when they believe JR was placed in the trash bin? The GBI Director told N Lance that it took a lot of sifting in order to get down to the body and it was contained in between heavily condensed garbage so they should be able to guesstimate when it was placed there based on the amt of garbage that was in it.

Natisha Lance told NG she didn't know if the body was in a trash bag and that the body was not visible when they pulled the dumpster from the apt complex.

JR was last seen at 5 pm on Friday and LE believe she died 1 1/2 hours later (6:30 pm). Sunset in Canton Dec 5 @5:30 pm and it was dark by 6 pm.

911 called at 7:12 pm and Canton police arrived on scene at 7:30 p.m. which gives the perp roughly an hour to dispose of the body. Approximately 356 people lived at the complex so it is a busy place and a task force remained there 24/7 after they arrived on Friday evening.

IDK when the K9 dogs and helicopter arrived at the apt complex but I am very surprised they didn't lead LE to the vacant apartment or the dumpster before Monday.

If the body wasn't in a trash bag (concealed), how did the perp move her from the apt to the trash bin and how come the K9 dogs didn't pick up her scent at the dumpster?

I heard the neighbor Heather say on NG that the LE searched the garbage bin several times before they found her body. Also, and this is not pleasant, I would think that after 3 days there was be definite smells of decomp either from the garbage or the apartment. So, I am baffled too. jmo

Did LE say when they believe JR was placed in the trash bin?

The GBI Director told N Lance that it took a lot of sifting in order to get down to the body and it was contained in between heavily condensed garbage so they should be able to guesstimate when it was placed there based on the amt of garbage that was in it.

Very good question.I want to know this too.I feel strongly they should always bring out cadaver dogs with the scent dogs right away because if she was in that dumpster when LE first checked they would have found her sooner.Unless she was put in the dumpster after police checked.But how with police around?

They did search with dogs didn't they? I don't know why the dogs didn't find her either. Maybe there were so many trails from the children running around all over the complex that the dogs couldn't follow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah