GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weekend is huge for adding and therefore compacting trash. I lived in a complex where the maintence guys did not live on site and when they would come in on Monday morning the trash was out of control. I think if you have a guy on site and he keeps an eye on the trash volume then this would be a good thing.

I also think if a guy dumps a body in a compactable dumpster he might be dilligent in putting as much trash between the body and the front of the dupster as posssible.

yep yep yep, I totally agree.

Thank you. I know she and many here work very hard. It amazes me that no matter what the situation is there are experts and experienced people on this forum. That is why I love WS so much and spend as much time as I can here. Thanks again. Watching the creep right now on HLN. jmo

neighbor just said everyone wants guns now. not good.

lol, not implying you were unaware or new, but I kinda wanted to throw that stuff in about amanda's archives for those lurkers down there who are following along with us and haven't joined yet. ;)

Scary thought about the whole complex full of residence running round with guns now. eek.

lol, not implying you were unaware or new, but I kinda wanted to throw that stuff in about amanda's archives for those lurkers down there who are following along with us and haven't joined yet. ;)

Scary thought about the whole complex full of residence running round with guns now. eek.

Not new, but new compared to some of you guys. I knew Bellimon asked her to archive those FB pages last night, but I didn't know how to find them. I downloaded some of them beforehand, but then I couldn't find them on my own computer. lol One of those senior moments. I personally think those FB pages contain some very important information as to RB's background and state of mind. I hope everyone reads them carefully. jmo

Thank you. I know she and many here work very hard. It amazes me that no matter what the situation is there are experts and experienced people on this forum. That is why I love WS so much and spend as much time as I can here. Thanks again. Watching the creep right now on HLN. jmo

Hey this is Georgia we responsible gun owners love our guns.

An armed apartment complex is "not good" for the bad guys

Hello..new registered user, reading this thread from day one..had no idea the registering process was so tedious..I have wanted to throw my 2 cents in a few times so please forgive the lack of quotes I am responding to, I am hoping everyone is familiar with the post history in this forum so everything will make sense.
Quick background, I live here (Canton), my daughters attended same school as Jorelys, I know the area very well. We are all heartbroken.

Thanks everyone for great posts, case file work, etc..best resource online!

re. apartments in this area. While waiting for my house to be built, I stayed in a gated community very close to and very similar to the ones in this case. I felt comfortable and safe, maintenance was very visable and around frequently, we had the same trash compactor setup. After moving into my home, I looked back at the reviews about my former complex and they were just as bad as the ones on thie case complex. I agree 100% that the apartments obviously had their issues, but if you are looking for a nice apartment, built in the last 10 years, in this general area, they are all about the same. This was by no means the "Canton ghetto". This area is mostly middle class suburbia, not "backwoods southern town".

Second, quickly on the adoption issues spoken of in forum #2..I do not think anyone was implying that adopted children have issues, I think the point is that neglected and abused children can develop issues, and many neglected and abused children end up in foster care, and many foster children are then adopted. The root being the neglect and abuse, and the fact that they do end up placed with new families is a result, not a starting point.

Re. being at the dumpster Sunday night, if that was him, my logical conclusion was that he was there to make sure as much trash as possible from the general dumping area was compacted into the holding tank, therefore making anything he has disposed of (including other evidence as well as the obvious) was further along in the container and more compacted in the container. Highly doubt he was doing the initial disposal at this time.

Last opinion then I will blend in with the discussion (sorry for long post, thanks for tolerance)...the fact that the GBI was brought in quickly leads to my current opinion that they have covered their bases before arresting RB. The chances of a botched case are slim with the GBI compared to local LE. When I first saw RB's arrest my first thought was that on some level I wanted it to be the old creeper guy with a known history, and how it hurts on so many levels for it to appear to be a younger guy who (from all we know at this point) still had a chance of a normal life ahead of him.

Hey this is Georgia we responsible gun owners love our guns.

An armed apartment complex is "not good" for the bad guys

I hear ya!! I am from Texas and we love our guns too. I also like my burglar alarm. lol

I wonder if he might have been introduced to some type of drug use he had not encountered before...?

Judge Mills asked Ryan if he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and replied "no". I suppose if the prison officials drug tested inmates after they are taken into custody, the Judge wouldn't have asked Ryan this question.

Ryan apparently smoked marijuana and had beer in his apartment. The age a person is considered an adult in the State of Georgia is 17 and the legal drinking age is 21. IDK how old Ryan's roommate is.

IF LE searched his apartment and found illegal drugs, imo they would have laid charges against him and his roommate.

Natisha Lance, from NG said the babysitter is 17 y.o. so in the State of Georgia, she is an adult.

<snipped> http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/05/ng.01.html

LANCE: There was apparently a friend of the mother`s, as well as a 17-year-old girl who was supposed to be watching the little girl.

OT: One of the articles posted today said the Management Company where JR was murdered is offering counselling services to the residents.

Welcome Marazul! Thanks for joining us. Great first post. SO sorry your community is dealing with this horror. Look forward to reading more of your insights.

Hello..new registered user, reading this thread from day one..had no idea the registering process was so tedious..I have wanted to throw my 2 cents in a few times so please forgive the lack of quotes I am responding to, I am hoping everyone is familiar with the post history in this forum so everything will make sense.
Quick background, I live here (Canton), my daughters attended same school as Jorelys, I know the area very well. We are all heartbroken.

Thanks everyone for great posts, case file work, etc..best resource online!

re. apartments in this area. While waiting for my house to be built, I stayed in a gated community very close to and very similar to the ones in this case. I felt comfortable and safe, maintenance was very visable and around frequently, we had the same trash compactor setup. After moving into my home, I looked back at the reviews about my former complex and they were just as bad as the ones on thie case complex. I agree 100% that the apartments obviously had their issues, but if you are looking for a nice apartment, built in the last 10 years, in this general area, they are all about the same. This was by no means the "Canton ghetto". This area is mostly middle class suburbia, not "backwoods southern town".

Second, quickly on the adoption issues spoken of in forum #2..I do not think anyone was implying that adopted children have issues, I think the point is that neglected and abused children can develop issues, and many neglected and abused children end up in foster care, and many foster children are then adopted. The root being the neglect and abuse, and the fact that they do end up placed with new families is a result, not a starting point.

Re. being at the dumpster Sunday night, if that was him, my logical conclusion was that he was there to make sure as much trash as possible from the general dumping area was compacted into the holding tank, therefore making anything he has disposed of (including other evidence as well as the obvious) was further along in the container and more compacted in the container. Highly doubt he was doing the initial disposal at this time.

Last opinion then I will blend in with the discussion (sorry for long post, thanks for tolerance)...the fact that the GBI was brought in quickly leads to my current opinion that they have covered their bases before arresting RB. The chances of a botched case are slim with the GBI compared to local LE. When I first saw RB's arrest my first thought was that on some level I wanted it to be the old creeper guy with a known history, and how it hurts on so many levels for it to appear to be a younger guy who (from all we know at this point) still had a chance of a normal life ahead of him.

Great post and I agree. If you don't mind can I ask you a personal question. You state you are new and live in Canton. How did you come to know about WS? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I am just curious. You can PM me if you want. I am glad to know there is a local on the board and will look forward to your first hand information. Will you be attending any of the events for JB? jmo

I'm always surprised at the solutions people come up with when they're scared.

Everyone getting guns won't help. You're certainly not going to arm 7 year olds on the playground. There were no adults who saw this, who could have stopped it.

Changing the gate codes won't help. He was an insider.

What would help is surveillance cameras, and putting monitors on children. (Which I don't advocate, but that would help this problem).

I hear ya!! I am from Texas and we love our guns too. I also like my burglar alarm. lol

lol, don't get me wrong peeps, I am no enemy to responsible gun ownership and have owned firearms in the past. I just cringe when I hear those knee jerk reactions from community members about running out and getting guns after a crime like this. IMO some people may go out and get a gun or two and of those, not many will take the time to learn to use and secure it properly :(

That is the source of my concern.

Judge Mills asked Ryan if he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and replied "no". I suppose if the prison officials drug tested inmates after they are taken into custody, the Judge wouldn't have asked Ryan this question.

Ryan apparently smoked marijuana and had beer in his apartment. The age a person is considered an adult in the State of Georgia is 17 and the legal drinking age is 21. IDK how old Ryan's roommate is.

IF LE searched his apartment and found illegal drugs, imo they would have laid charges against him and his roommate.

Natisha Lance, from NG said the babysitter is 17 y.o. so in the State of Georgia, she is an adult.

<snipped> http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/05/ng.01.html

LANCE: There was apparently a friend of the mother`s, as well as a 17-year-old girl who was supposed to be watching the little girl.

OT: One of the articles posted today said the Management Company where JR was murdered is offering counselling services to the residents.

BBM This is something the judge asks everyone who comes before him. I was in traffic court for a ticket last week and they brought the inmates through first and he asked them all the same thing. I remember thinking it was funny since how would be be under the influence if they are incarcerated.... But he asked me the same question when I went before him for my ticket. It just a standard series of questions they ask. O/T Judge Mills has a rep for being a VERY tough judge and an SOB. lol

Our local Cherokee County Sheriff's office here in Canton sent officers to do a sweep yesterday of all SO and 4 were arrested for having possession of *advertiser censored* and drugs.

For anyone who plans to attend tonight's vigil and/or viewing in Canton there will be shuttle buses picking up from Ingles and Home Depot at Riverstone then taking people to Darby Funeral Home as well...... Shuttles will run between 5-11 pm. They expect thousands to turn out. I hope little angel knows how many lives she has touched...

And they have asked folks to wear pink.

The parking lot in the Ingles shopping center isn't usually all that full. Hopefully, alot of people can park there. If they can't, its so great that the CATS buses will be shuttling. Sounds like alot of people really came together to make this evening happen.

(Just checked the weather, and the temps are going to be falling pretty quickly this evening. Bundle up neighbors!!)

Great post and I agree. If you don't mind can I ask you a personal question. You state you are new and live in Canton. How did you come to know about WS? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I am just curious. You can PM me if you want. I am glad to know there is a local on the board and will look forward to your first hand information. Will you be attending any of the events for JB? jmo

I don't mind sharing! I found WS from googling Jorelys' case, I tend to pass right over media entries because IMO they are shallow and leave more ? than answers, forums like these is where the real talks happen! I am pretty sure I lurked here during some of the CA trial as well. I first found out about the case from flyers up at local stores. On Monday, there was traffic and helicopters, and (big TY to cherokee co. schools) Monday afternoon the school bus dropped every child off at the parent's door instead of the bus stop (where of course I was waiting like most parents)

Will I attend? I want to, but I do have 1 elementary and 1 middle school little girls who have been devastated by this case, they have been making cards for the siblings and we have been to the complex to leave flowers as well, and I plan to feel them out this PM to decide for sure if we will attend the service or vigil. There is such a fine line between wanting your children to appreciate the danger out there, and wanting to protect them from the pain of it at the same time. We are a bilingual family and I help w a local charity that caters to the spanish speaking community, so I am planning on some outreach that involves basic child security guidelines...I admit that there is a false sense of security in many local communities, because it is COMMON to see unsupervised children in area playgrounds and parks, most neighborhoods and apartments here have both. Note I say common, not acceptable. Sorry for long post, but the answer is I am not sure if we will attend, we have been right in the middle of this all week now and I just want my children close to me and comfortable either way.

lol, don't get me wrong peeps, I am no enemy to responsible gun ownership and have owned firearms in the past. I just cringe when I hear those knee jerk reactions from community members about running out and getting guns after a crime like this. IMO some people may go out and get a gun or two and of those, not many will take the time to learn to use and secure it properly :(

That is the source of my concern.

I feel the same way tlcox. When people panic, and start waving guns around, terrible accidents happen.

I have a permit, and I carry. I'm ALSO properly trained, and frankly, just really like my guns.

BTW, for any locals that are interested in guns/training, I use Hi-Caliber in Canton. Great folks, nice range....

I don't mind sharing! I found WS from googling Jorelys' case, I tend to pass right over media entries because IMO they are shallow and leave more ? than answers, forums like these is where the real talks happen! I am pretty sure I lurked here during some of the CA trial as well. I first found out about the case from flyers up at local stores. On Monday, there was traffic and helicopters, and (big TY to cherokee co. schools) Monday afternoon the school bus dropped every child off at the parent's door instead of the bus stop (where of course I was waiting like most parents)

Will I attend? I want to, but I do have 1 elementary and 1 middle school little girls who have been devastated by this case, they have been making cards for the siblings and we have been to the complex to leave flowers as well, and I plan to feel them out this PM to decide for sure if we will attend the service or vigil. There is such a fine line between wanting your children to appreciate the danger out there, and wanting to protect them from the pain of it at the same time. We are a bilingual family and I help w a local charity that caters to the spanish speaking community, so I am planning on some outreach that involves basic child security guidelines...I admit that there is a false sense of security in many local communities, because it is COMMON to see unsupervised children in area playgrounds and parks, most neighborhoods and apartments here have both. Note I say common, not acceptable. Sorry for long post, but the answer is I am not sure if we will attend, we have been right in the middle of this all week now and I just want my children close to me and comfortable either way.

Welcome to WS!! I live in Ball Ground but lived in Canton from 2000-2010.

And if RB had all of this time to make sure the body was compacted, He could also have been cleaning up that vacant apartment. I could only imagine that he was worrying about getting caught, so he went back to the apartment and began disinfecting. Maybe he was discarding his cleanup stuff. The bad thing about it is, he may have had time to clean up the body too. If that is the case, it is going to make this case hard to stick him with.

A question occurs about the allegedly MIA roommate and the search of RB's apartment. Would LE need to inform the apartment manager they intended to search RB and manager's son's apartment prior to conducting it?

Is it possible the roommate/manager son knew via his mother that a search was gonig to take place and because of something like marijauna or something the roommate was into, the manager told him to get himself gone prior to the search. In that scenerio, it would make sense to me that the roommate was not around for or since the searching. Could just be simply disassociating from RB.

Also, based on the reviews and comments about that apratment complex. The manager, S, is not well liked by many. I wonder if she wanted her son gone from the area once news broke that RB was being looked at as a suspect. She would have to know that not only she might receive some "negative feedback" from her tenants but that her son might be subjected to their ire as well.

Just kicking stuff around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member