GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths duchessofdork! Great first post. Look forward to reading more of your thoughts in the days to come.

:wave: to all our guests down there who are lurking but haven't yet joined us.

Come on in - the water's fine :)

So did the family have a presser today? I thought it was supposed to be at 10AM?

:waitasec: I am not saying you guys are wrong and that his story has or has not changed. I did not see the interview (on balcony) that ya'll did and since it is no longer apparently findable I am simply trying to find any on camera interview this witness gave so we can watch and hear his words.

Truce. This is not a point I am trying to argue. We all know how unreliable witness testimony can be. Frankly, I think this guy's statements are the least of RB's worries. It is my sincere believe that GBI has lots of evidence, physical evidence, and this case is not gonna hinge on this fella's dumpster testimony. all MOO

:waitasec: I am not saying you guys are wrong and that his story has or has not changed. I did not see the interview (on balcony) that ya'll did and since it is no longer apparently findable I am simply trying to find any on camera interview this witness gave so we can watch and hear his words.

Truce. This is not a point I am trying to argue. We all know how unreliable witness testimony can be. Frankly, I think this guy's statements are the least of RB's worries. It is my sincere believe that GBI has lots of evidence, physical evidence, and this case is not gonna hinge on this fella's dumpster testimony. all MOO

I'm not arguing with you.Your doing great.

What bugs me is how people seem to recall seeing things after the fact; it's happened in the Lisa Irwin case.

Anywho, I am here to ask again... has there been any word on the roommate? Has he/she been located and has made a statement? Where was that person that night?

I ask because if they found evidence at the apartment, would roommate not see RB acting stragly? Maybe he wasn't though, if he was out searching. My second question is, where was poor Jorely after she had died? If she was placed on Sunday night, where was she Fri-Sun? At RB's apartment? Would roommate not see that? What about decomposition? (that was really hard to type)

I just, I really want to know where the roommate is, where they were, and what that story is.

What bugs me is how people seem to recall seeing things after the fact; it's happened in the Lisa Irwin case.

Anywho, I am here to ask again... has there been any word on the roommate? Has he/she been located and has made a statement? Where was that person that night?

I ask because if they found evidence at the apartment, would roommate not see RB acting stragly? Maybe he wasn't though, if he was out searching. My second question is, where was poor Jorely after she had died? If she was placed on Sunday night, where was she Fri-Sun? At RB's apartment? Would roommate not see that? What about decomposition? (that was really hard to type)

I just, I really want to know where the roommate is, where they were, and what that story is.

I agree with you and he, the roommate has been strangely absent from all reporting. At least any I have seen. Maybe he is a minor. Just don't know.

After thought. Since we know RB was under survelance for several days before the arrest maybe the roommate or his mother was warned and told by LE to remove him from the area.

Oh, I'm not arguing at all. :) I just specifically remember him saying it was someone. I'm not saying it wasn't RB, but I do wonder how much the power of suggestion comes into play. I had not seen that video you posted so I find it interesting.

From the video I watched (i will look for it) he says he walked home from work (works at Subway) on Sunday at 10:50pm, he always crawls under the gate. As he walked past the dumpster to his apt, he recalls seeing someone near the dumpster with a flashlight, but it was too dark to see who it was. After her body was found, he went to police with the info.

If the witness did indeed see RB at the dumpster Sunday night, I am thinking it was not body disposal he was about, I think it more likely that Jorelys had already been disposed of and compacted within and RB was simply there to see if there was any visible sign that she was in there. Or could not help himself and had to go be "close" to her. Or the purported Sunday night dumpster visit was about disposing of other evidence, such as clothes, etc. As to why he would go back to a dumpster he had already previously dumped this sweetheart into. I think there are several possible explanations.

It is not my thinking that Jorelys was disposed of Sunday night.

A maintenance man looking in a dumpster is not going to set off my suspicions if I am a resident at the complex. Even a maintenance man with a flashlight. I would actually think it MORE suspicious if I saw someone out messing around the dumpsters in the darkness with no light. Seems more furtive that way. A maintenance man looking in a dumpster would make me think "doing his job" or "searching for that poor missing girl" not disposing of a body.

I was just reading the FB pages that were uploaded to the case file. I noticed in the one where RB was arguing about the xbox he says the guy stole the xbox games and something about a disabled family member. Like the games were stolen while a disabled family member was there and unable to defend his/herself. Do we know of a disabled family member?? Would it be the mother? From all accounts of the siblings, none of them seem disabled??

I was just reading the FB pages that were uploaded to the case file. I noticed in the one where RB was arguing about the xbox he says the guy stole the xbox games and something about a disabled family member. Like the games were stolen while a disabled family member was there and unable to defend his/herself. Do we know of a disabled family member?? Would it be the mother? From all accounts of the siblings, none of them seem disabled??

How do I find the case file where the FB's are located? tia

How do I find the case file where the FB's are located? tia

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jorelys Rivera -GA-/

This is the link to Amandareckonwith's archives on this case. Amanda works tirelessly to archive photos, screen caps, news footage, etc. for many of our missing and murdered victims. You will find no better resource. The FB pages are there along with tons of other info. I think the FB stuff starts at around page 10 (ETA corrected page number)

For anyone who plans to attend tonight's vigil and/or viewing in Canton there will be shuttle buses picking up from Ingles and Home Depot at Riverstone then taking people to Darby Funeral Home as well...... Shuttles will run between 5-11 pm. They expect thousands to turn out. I hope little angel knows how many lives she has touched...

I've been reading and still trying to absorb how anyone could have done what was done to Jorelys be it an older or younger person and I think the shock of his young age kind of threw me for a loop given the brutal nature of the crime...but having worked with adjudicated youths~its amazing what some young people are capable of doing. I really believe his past is going to be rife with odd events/actions. I don't think he just snapped.

I'm in a kind of want to know but don't want to know mode regarding what poor Jorelys endured. I think LE made strong statements regarding knowing they have the right perp...and I know they know more than we do. And they haven't issued any alerts to the community so I'm going to believe they've done a solid investigation and have the right guy.

I can't help wondering though if when all the charges are out if Abuse of a Corpse will be added given that he was said to have run the compactor. As I said I am torn between wanting to know and wanting to cover my ears and eyes and turn away. Real Life calls but Jorelys has been weighing heavy on my mind and I had to get this out.

When was he seen poking in the dumpster with a stick/pole? Was it before or after LE got there?

Hi CarrieBean, I'm not sure. AFAIK LE remained at the complex after JR was reported missing on Friday evening 24/7.

I looked for this interview on NG's transcript page and didn't find it so he was probably interviewed by JVM.

LE said they had Ryan "under surveillance" and I'm not sure when they began monitoring him either.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jorelys Rivera -GA-/

This is the link to Amandareckonwith's archives on this case. Amanda works tirelessly to archive photos, screen caps, news footage, etc. for many of our missing and murdered victims. You will find no better resource. The FB pages are there along with tons of other info. I think the FB stuff starts at around page 10 (ETA corrected page number)

Thank you. I know she and many here work very hard. It amazes me that no matter what the situation is there are experts and experienced people on this forum. That is why I love WS so much and spend as much time as I can here. Thanks again. Watching the creep right now on HLN. jmo

neighbor just said everyone wants guns now. not good.

If the witness did indeed see RB at the dumpster Sunday night, I am thinking it was not body disposal he was about, I think it more likely that Jorelys had already been disposed of and compacted within and RB was simply there to see if there was any visible sign that she was in there. Or could not help himself and had to go be "close" to her. Or the purported Sunday night dumpster visit was about disposing of other evidence, such as clothes, etc. As to why he would go back to a dumpster he had already previously dumped this sweetheart into. I think there are several possible explanations.

It is not my thinking that Jorelys was disposed of Sunday night.

A maintenance man looking in a dumpster is not going to set off my suspicions if I am a resident at the complex. Even a maintenance man with a flashlight. I would actually think it MORE suspicious if I saw someone out messing around the dumpsters in the darkness with no light. Seems more furtive that way. A maintenance man looking in a dumpster would make me think "doing his job" or "searching for that poor missing girl" not disposing of a body.

The weekend is huge for adding and therefore compacting trash. I lived in a complex where the maintence guys did not live on site and when they would come in on Monday morning the trash was out of control. I think if you have a guy on site and he keeps an eye on the trash volume then this would be a good thing.

I also think if a guy dumps a body in a compactable dumpster he might be dilligent in putting as much trash between the body and the front of the dupster as posssible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agave1993