GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From RB's October 6th FB post. He described his new job as a "Grounds keeper" at an apartment complex and said his role was to keep the apartment complex "up to date". IMO that means more than just "grounds"/landscaping, it means doing general repairs to the building complex as well.

One thing I thought of when thinking about his FB post. This is the only information we have that pertains to how he gained his employment at the apts. He mentions his friend, but does he actually say his friend got him the job? Maybe he had to apply for it and went thru regular channels to get it. Just a thought. Not that it really matters. jmo

I believe LE was tracking Ryan Brunn earlier on than Tuesday. Perhaps you are right. They could have actually watched him try to get rid of stuff. As long as LE kept their eyes on RB, then that could have given them the opportunity to get all of the evidence they could. I believe that someone turned the guy in early on. Someone who is close to him. That is why they are so certain they have caught the right Perp.

I am convinced the whole 'girlfriend' story was a lie. I don't think RB had a girlfriend at all. I don't think there was anyone else involved. It is hard to wrap my mind around one person being this twisted - much less TWO! And these guys had only been living together for a few weeks - IMO they didn't know each other well enough to start planning murders together. I think the roommate barely knew RB - no one really did.

Good post stillwatersc! Good points! :sleigh:

One thing I thought of when thinking about his FB post. This is the only information we have that pertains to how he gained his employment at the apts. He mentions his friend, but does he actually say his friend got him the job? Maybe he had to apply for it and went thru regular channels to get it. Just a thought. Not that it really matters. jmo

From comments released by the apartment complex, I believe that RB needed to go through the proper channels to get employed. His friend/roommate's mother was only a manager, not the owner. I think his friend/roommate only recommended him, but I could be wrong. Maybe they just screwed up and don't want to admit it... Hmmmm

From comments released by the apartment complex, I believe that RB needed to go through the proper channels to get employed. His friend/roommate's mother was only a manager, not the owner. I think his friend/roommate only recommended him, but I could be wrong. Maybe they just screwed up and don't want to admit it... Hmmmm

No one but the manager is involved in hiring a porter. The owners wouldn't bother. HR does the paperwork.

Maybe RB became afraid that the trash was going to be searched and he was trying to retrieve evidence has had previously thrown out. I hope everything GBI needs was in there.

Good theory. Maybe he wanted to make sure the remains :(
were in a specific area before he ran the compactor. :furious:

- I wondered how long Joselinne and her 3 daughters had lived in the apt they resided in when this tragedy occurred and this article said they had moved into the RR complex apts six-months ago and one-month ago the family moved to the ground floor unit which means Joselinne and her daughters moved into the ground-floor apartment the same time Ryan Brunn started his new job.

- The two female adults who lived in the apartment with the 3 girls both worked the graveyeard shift at PP chicken plant and both women were sleeping when Jorelys disappeared after leaving the playground at approximately 5 pm. They worked from 10:15 p.m. to 7:15 a.m.

- Was the vacant apartment where Jorelys was murdered in the basement? Both Joselinne and HJC lived in ground floor apartments and this article said Heather’s apartment is a floor above the vacant unit.

- This article doesn’t say anything about Ryan Brunn telling LE he was at WalMart; it includes one statement by Tosso who said Brunn thought he was with him Friday night but Tosso said he wasn’t yet Tosso also said he did pass by an animated Brunn while he was talking to two other maintenance men. “He was showing us his wrists saying, ‘I didn’t do it!’ so if a group was searching for Jorelys, I can understand why Brunn might have thought Tosso was with them, meaning the group of searchers. Then Tosso said, “In that moment, Tosso said, “I knew something was wrong.” But it simply could’ve been a misunderstanding since Tosso would have had to be within hearing distance of Brunn and the other maintenance workers to hear his comment.
:fence: Show me the evidence that links RB to this crime please!!

7-8-09 Wow sounds like Sandy, the Property manager again, I hate to get someone fired. Put she needs to sharpen her people skills. (response)
6-16-09 I got sick and was hospitalized and was uable to work, I asked the management if they could work with me on my rent, I was told no, it was not their fault I was hopitalized
7-8-09 Must have been Sandy, she is rude (response)
1-21-10 I would not recommend this apt if you are looking for a professional staff.
9-9-10 They have lost our rent at least once, The manager is very rude as well.
11-17-10 I have found out 4 girls have been attacked and assulted here,i have been assulted here, The manager doesnt care and as the prior review said she is VERY RUDE. When i went to talk to someone about me being attacked the manger wouldnt even here my story and would not return my calls.
2-25-11 The lady I am referring to as rude is named Sherry. She has never been nice. We had things stolen, and she wasn't helpful at all. She is a terrible MANAGER.
2-23-11 I agree the manager Sherry is a rude woman, and allows convicted sex offenders to live in the community. She doesnt care about the property
6-26-11 The staff is rude especially one woman in particular that I refuse to deal with and have called the corp office on, on more than once occasion. My rent was stolen in Dec of 2009 and River Ridge tried to hold me and all other tenants responsible...
9-7-11 I've also had problems with jewelry missing from my apartment after maintenance has been in. Sherry just looked at me and said "We don't have problems with that here".
9-25-11 I also had an encounter where I walked past one of the maintenance guys and he hit on me.. Very uncomfortable. WRONG!
12-5-11 That entire staff AND Management company needs to be fired!!
12-12-11 Fired? How about investigated?

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Canton-River-Ridge-at-Canton.html
http://localdirectory.walb.com/river+ridge+at+canton+apartment+homes.9.108387918p.home.html
River Ridge has 7 employees

I do not expect that we will EVER hear from this woman.
She clearly doesn't care about the tenants safety and apparently isn't even worried about her own safety either.

I'm SURE she knew enough about RB when she hired him.
birds of a feather-n-all...
~jmo

You can't believe all these ratings. Look up five more communities in the area. Residents don't write on this site when they're happy. Most of the good ratings are written by staff to raise the percentage. A lot of residents write when they're mad at the manager because she wouldn't wait all month on their rent - or she took their deposit for destroying the apartment. Many times the posts have truth, but they are rarely the whole truth. Then there's the problem with a manager's hands being tied by the management company - she or he can only do so much.

Look up other apartments, you'll see what I mean.

Maybe RB became afraid that the trash was going to be searched and he was trying to retrieve evidence has had previously thrown out. I hope everything GBI needs was in there.

If RB had already put the remains in the dumpster, maybe he had to return to the dumpster----to make sure the remains weren't in the view of anyone else who disposed of trash.

Kind of like Scott Peterson returning to the bay after he put Lacy's body there.

The wrist comment was strange...maybe he had been handcuffed and detained at some point? Not sure if that follows typical procedure (cuffs before actual arrest), but I don't really get it...if it defensive wounds or lack of defensive wounds it would make more sense to pull up sleeves or something, I don't see why wrists would be a hot zone for defensive wounds. Strange.

I agree that the complaints about the manager might be serious, but might not be. You never know who is complaining, a peaceful, ideal resident, or someone being evicted that has a vendetta. I want to mention again that River Ridge honestly are some of the nicest, newest, cleanest, biggest apartments for rent in Canton. It is correct that the Rivera family lived in other apartments in Canton 6 months before, and their move to River Ridge was definately an upgrade. Unless you are ready to rent or buy a home, this is about as nice of a life as you could provide for your family. There are trailer parks and low income housing in the 20 mile radius, and living there instead shows a desire to have your kids in a "nicer, safer" area. Not saying that horrendus crimes don't happen in wealthy areas, I am just hoping to make it clear that this community is NOT the "ghetto" or "slums" by any means. In the last five or six years there has been much new home construction, and I know many families choose apartments like River Ridge to stay in while waiting for their new homes to be built. I have never lived there nor do i have any connection to that complex, but I hope to paint a clearer picture of what it is like.

I agree that conspiracy theories will fly in any big case that has had few details released, and I am as curious as any. I sure hope that our curiosity and need for details doesn't look like support for Brunn. I understand that people are given a presumption of innocence IN A COURT OF LAW, but there is no need for a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in the general community. Obviously LE doesn't presume him innocent or they wouldn't have arrested and charged him. If the evidence was super thin, they would have charged him with something less than murder while conducting the investigation. The murder charge leads me to strongly believe they got something good (or shall we say bad) on him.

This post my observation: When I read that comment about showing the wrists, my mind went to a totally different place. More like he was holding his hands up, as if waiting for handcuffs.

I also got the impression from the article that the comment about "showing his wrists" was told by somebody who overheard a conversation that took place among the maintenance workers, so it was second hand info.

Interesting how we can interpret the same "data" in different ways. That is why WS is such a wonderful forum. Not meaning to put down anybody else commenting on this piece of data. Many of you have much more experience and knowledge of these horrible crimes.

I also thought handcuffs. As if he was showing them that LE put handcuffs on him and perhaps he had marks from it or something. FWIW.

Perhaps he didn't. But I have to say, having moved to the metro Atlanta area when I was 17, I drove 45 minutes to an hour, each direction, many times (in many directions of the metro area) to hang out with friends who had their own place, just to party or hang out, especially when I still lived at home with my folks. Even when I had a full time job and had to be up early for work the next day or had college classes the next day. Driving an hour on a Saturday after work to Canton from Dahlonega would be nothing, and driving home an hour, if he had to work the next day would be nothing too. Not around here. Honestly, that's about the average commute time from most metro-Atlantans! :crazy: And he may have visited during the week. Could have had a key. Who knows.

ETA: Lol, I lost my point which was, that Ryan could have been familiar with Canton and the complex, not necessarily Jorelys.

Have any of Ryan's friends or family members said whether Ryan spent any time in Canton before he moved there? :waitasec:

- This article doesn’t say anything about Ryan Brunn telling LE he was at WalMart; it includes one statement by Tosso who said Brunn thought he was with him Friday night but Tosso said he wasn’t yet Tosso also said he did pass by an animated Brunn while he was talking to two other maintenance men. “He was showing us his wrists saying, ‘I didn’t do it!’ so if a group was searching for Jorelys, I can understand why Brunn might have thought Tosso was with them, meaning the group of searchers. Then Tosso said, “In that moment, Tosso said, “I knew something was wrong.” But it simply could’ve been a misunderstanding since Tosso would have had to be within hearing distance of Brunn and the other maintenance workers to hear his comment.
:fence:

The information about his Walmart lie was reported in allot of news sources. As far as Tosso, RB was just fishing for another alibi because he knew the Walmart one already had or would be discredited.
http://www.atlantanewshub.com/canton-jorelys-rivera-memorialized-saturday/

During an interview with detectives, Brunn said he was at Walmart at the time of Jorelys' abduction and murder, 11Alive's Kevin Rowson reported.
But, after investigators checked security videos at the Walmart, Rowson reported that they were able to conclude that Brunn's alibi didn't hold up.

Have any of Ryan's friends or family members said whether Ryan spent any time in Canton before he moved there? :waitasec:

I remember something vague on his fb about a friend saying NOT EXACT QUOTE where the heck is Canton? and him responding something like oh you wouldn't know haha. I assume he had known the roomate for awhile because even SB (his brother) knew his name and talked of him as if there was some kind of aquaintence. So MY OPINION is he had probably hung out here once or twice, maybe visted the friend and that is how it came up that the job was available...who knows, maybe "This place is nice, man, I should move out to a place like this'..."well you know there is a groundskeeper job open..."
ALL MY OWN MIND COMING UP WITH THIS

Why would RB have to be familiar with Canton to commit a crime there? He lived & worked in the same place for 4 weeks - he would have known RR inside & out by that time. I would think that someone with a car & familiar with the area would be more likely to dispose of his victim further away from the scene.

BBM

http://www.ledgernews.com/news/1108...urder-charge-case-not-presented-to-grand-jury

"
WHAT POLICE BELIEVE HAPPENED
Investigators said they believed that prior to her disappearance, Jorelys went into the apartment to grab some drinks for her friends. Baker said statements provided by witnesses indicate that the child returned to the park after getting the drinks.
When asked if the soda cans were found and were being tested, Baker responded, “Property was collected; (we are) not going to divulge.”
Keenan said investigators believe the child was abducted in the area of the playground, taken to an unlocked vacant apartment, assaulted and murdered. Her body then was put in the Dumpster.
An arrest warrant for Brunn indicates that the suspected murder occurred in building 10000.
“We have collected evidence inside the (vacant) apartment that we believe is blood,” Keenan said. “That evidence has been submitted to the GBI crime laboratory, and we are awaiting the results of that examination.”

So she DID return to the park? I thought she never came back!

from the same article:

He had many friends on Facebook, especially girls, but never seemed to have a girlfriend, said Cody Rider, 20, a friend who lived with the Brunn family for three months.

“I never thought he would do anything like this,” said Rider of the accusations that Brunn faces. “Ryan was a kind-hearted person. But anybody can fool you.”

I haven't been able to detect any deception or evil intent coming from Ryan so that is why I am busy brainstorming trying to keep an open mind and think outside the box. IMO Ryan is a normal honest kid who was willing to help others anyway he could and make the world a safe place for children.

Ryan's comment regarding Casey Anthony getting what is due her for killing her child makes me believes he loves and protects children and had no intention to do them any harm.

If Ryan was mentally unstable, he would have been under the care of a psychiatrist who would have prescribed him anti-psychotic medication but based on what we know, this isn't the case and Ryan told Judge Mills he wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

What time did RB get off work? Maybe 5:00? And Jorelys disappeared at 5:00.

Something just doesn't seem right to me...I think IMO there is alot more to this than just the one guy..for one thing..i really, really want to know more about the roomate and his mom. If I was a reporter they would be the two people i would be following around and trying to talk to and filming, and yet we have heard nothing, not a peep, it's like they don't exist, thats really bothering me for some reason. And even if the police said don't talk to anyone, that still wouldn't stop the press from trying, and getting something, anything, but again, silence.

I'm also wondering why, if he did it, why would he do it then, he had a girl there supposedly, he hadn't been there long, he would obviously be looked at right away, (by the way, I just don't think he is that stupid because of not finishing school) unless he just snapped suddenly out of the blue. I don't know, it's just not sitting right with me yet.

having said that, I have no idea what evidence they have, nor do i feel like i should know everything they have. But my common sense keeps telling me that something is off, I think,, IMO he was probably involved but my gut is telling me that he wasn't alone...IMO IMO and all that stuff

Are you thinking he might have helped his roommate dispose of the body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!