GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just doesn't seem right to me...I think IMO there is alot more to this than just the one guy..for one thing..i really, really want to know more about the roomate and his mom. If I was a reporter they would be the two people i would be following around and trying to talk to and filming, and yet we have heard nothing, not a peep, it's like they don't exist, thats really bothering me for some reason. And even if the police said don't talk to anyone, that still wouldn't stop the press from trying, and getting something, anything, but again, silence.

I'm also wondering why, if he did it, why would he do it then, he had a girl there supposedly, he hadn't been there long, he would obviously be looked at right away, (by the way, I just don't think he is that stupid because of not finishing school) unless he just snapped suddenly out of the blue. I don't know, it's just not sitting right with me yet.

having said that, I have no idea what evidence they have, nor do i feel like i should know everything they have. But my common sense keeps telling me that something is off, I think,, IMO he was probably involved but my gut is telling me that he wasn't alone...IMO IMO and all that stuff

BBM
same here . . . I am curious how & why the MANAGER of this complex has not released a statement. Where is she? She had many complaints against her prior to this crime, and her son was the roommate who I'd think has MUCH input into this !

I'm also curious how LE came back with DNA evidence so quickly to nail RB! I know it has not been released, but how else would they TAG him & be so confident? He was not the only one with access to the vacant apts or to the compactor or to his own apt!

:fence:

A date for his arraignment has not been set. Cherokee County District Attorney Garry Moss' office is expected to file additional charges against Brunn in the "near future," Keenan said one week ago.

As of this morning, no new charges had been filed, an official at the Cherokee County Magistrate Court said.

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/a-second-suspect

I actually got the other impression.He was showing his wrist because nothing was on them?I don't know.

I'm curious what anyone thinks was suppose to be on his wrists and from what.

same here . . . I am curious how & why the MANAGER of this complex has not released a statement. Where is she? She had many complaints against her prior to this crime, and her son was the roommate who I'd think has MUCH input into this !

I'm also curious how they came back with DNA evidence so quickly to nail RB! I know it has not been released, but how else would they TAG him & be so confident? He was not the only one with access to the vacant apts or to the compactor or to his own apt!

Here is the scenario that I am HOPING for:

The roommate comes home from work Friday afternoon. At that time he sees some important evidence that would prove this case against RB. He sees him come in the door in bloody clothing or he sees him trying to wash
or hide weapons or clothing, or he sees him being crazy and talking too much about it. In any case, I think the roomie may have shared this info and even possibly evidence with LE.

If so, then he could not have stayed in the apt. from that moment forward.
And he could not speak publicly either, or his testimony would be compromised. So I think he went somewhere to lay low for awhile.

Imo, if it were nefarious, and he was involved, then LE would have been all over it already.

Rumors about another person involved are normal in cases like this.

For instance, here we had the Matthew Hoffman case... nobody could grasp that this ONE man could over power 2 women and children and kill 3 of them, while kidnapping the teenage girl. And then dispose of the bodies clear across the county the way he did overnight? There were even local rumors of a man from the area the bodies were found supposedly helping, but nothing ever came of it. Hoffman has never said anyone else was involved and there was no evidence supporting those rumors.

If anyone else is involved, I am certain GBI will be all over it. But rumors saying so are going to be par for the course. I lean towards the roommate possibly knowing something, telling LE, and now laying low as to not have his testimony compromised. Makes the most sense to me, anyways. JMO.

For instance, here we had the Matthew Hoffman case... nobody could grasp that this ONE man could over power 2 women and children and kill 3 of them, while kidnapping the teenage girl. And then dispose of the bodies clear across the county the way he did overnight? There were even local rumors of a man from the area the bodies were found supposedly helping, but nothing ever came of it. Hoffman has never said anyone else was involved and there was no evidence supporting those rumors.

If anyone else is involved, I am certain GBI will be all over it. But rumors saying so are going to be par for the course. I lean towards the roommate possibly knowing something, telling LE, and now laying low as to not have his testimony compromised. Makes the most sense to me, anyways. JMO.

Can you imagine the guilt the roommate must feel IF he did get him the job?? Poor guy!

BBM

I'm also curious how LE came back with DNA evidence so quickly to nail RB! I know it has not been released, but how else would they TAG him & be so confident? He was not the only one with access to the vacant apts or to the compactor or to his own apt!

A date for his arraignment has not been set. Cherokee County District Attorney Garry Moss' office is expected to file additional charges against Brunn in the "near future," Keenan said one week ago.

As of this morning, no new charges had been filed, an official at the Cherokee County Magistrate Court said.

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/a-second-suspect

Obviously DNA evidence is not necessary to know who did it. DNA is just another type of evidence, and maybe in some ways and situations less reliable. Any number of other things are every bit as good: bloody clothes, a murder weapon, photos, things that belonged to the victim, fingerprints, witnesses, all these are good enough.

I am technically reserving judgement until I see some actual evidence, but I believe that the police have that evidence.

If nothing else, and for what it's worth, this suspect fits the most common perp profile in a sexual homicide against a child. He correctly fits the proper age bracket than the typical murderer or rapist, he is a white male, he had only a passing relationship with the victim, the crime was interracial, he comes from a childhood disfunctional family, he has some (reported) prior history of violence against animals.

I am absolutely untroubled by the severity of this crime in terms of this showing some evidence of his innocence. While it is tempting and comfortable to believe that a serial killer works his way up to extreme violence, this is simply not the case. Nor am I disturbed by the lack of prior violent incidents in his past -- there is nothing all that unusual about that, and he began (and ended) his career at a typical age.

So like I said, I want to see some evidence before I mentally convict this guy, but I believe that the police have the evidence.

I agree. Someone else COULD be involved of course, but I suspect not.

"showing his wrists"

----

my thought is that he had defensive wounds but was explaining them away to the other maintenance peeps.

moo of course

He was the grounds keeper? I may be WAY of base but, as a grounds keeper I would expect him to have a few cuts or nicks on his hands/arms...
IF he didn't he is VERY careful or wasn't doing his job.

Maybe I am just clumsy but whenever I work in the yard I almost always get cuts and scrapes at some point even when I wear gloves!:twocents:

Here is the scenario that I am HOPING for:

The roommate comes home from work Friday afternoon. At that time he sees some important evidence that would prove this case against RB. He sees him come in the door in bloody clothing or he sees him trying to wash
or hide weapons or clothing, or he sees him being crazy and talking too much about it. In any case, I think the roomie may have shared this info and even possibly evidence with LE.

If so, then he could not have stayed in the apt. from that moment forward.
And he could not speak publicly either, or his testimony would be compromised. So I think he went somewhere to lay low for awhile.

Imo, if it were nefarious, and he was involved, then LE would have been all over it already.

I tend to agree.

My guess is the Apartment Manager has been reassigned or has taken a leave of absence. The manager has a double connection to this death.

The suspect works for her

The suspect rooms with her son

I think both son and mother are gone and regrouping their lives.

I think I read or heard the foster/adopted mother's father said they were estranged and he hadn't spoken with her in 10 yrs. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong :)

Ten years ago would have been 2001. Is that when RB's foster/adopted mother-father divorced? Is that why the grandfather is not speaking to his daughter?

Did the children have any relationship with ANY grandparent?

What was the relationship between the children and their new step-father in Georgia? Why aren't we hearing from him?

As for the roommate, I feel for certain GBI knows where he is located and I think it wise that he avoids the media. Nobody wants a mistrial.

As for moving the trial, I would think this would need to be out of the Atlanta tv viewing audience...which is a rather large area.

A guilty plea would be okay IMO...less drawn out for years on end, less expensive, less anger and heartbreak during trial, less of a chance for mistrial or hung jury. He might not get the death penalty this way, but I think there will be enough charges that he would be locked up for the rest of his life. I

He was the grounds keeper? I may be WAY of base but, as a grounds keeper I would expect him to have a few cuts or nicks on his hands/arms...

Maybe I am just clumsy but whenever I work in the yard I almost always get cuts and scrapes at some point even when I wear gloves!:twocents:

oh sure! ita... if you do any sort of work with your hands you can get normal cuts and scrapes... I am currently moving to another house and I look like a herd of alpacas took a stampede over my hands and cuticles....

but in this case (for instance say Jorelys has his skin or dna under her nails) there may be more to the 'showing of the wrists' :twocents:

There is not a lot of grounds keeping going on this time of year as far a lawn and shrubs. Any other season like summer or spring I would absolutely agree. jmo

There is not a lot of grounds keeping going on this time of year as far a lawn and shrubs. Any other season like summer or spring I would absolutely agree. jmo

I haven't been onsite of these apts lately....but I live here in GA and my lawn guys are still coming every week to mow, edge and weed whack. It is that way here until January usually, sometimes later.

If you do any sort of work with your hands you can get normal cuts and scrapes... (respectfully snipped)

but in this case (for instance say Jorelys has his skin or dna under her nails) there may be more to the 'showing of the wrists' :twocents:

This post my observation: When I read that comment about showing the wrists, my mind went to a totally different place. More like he was holding his hands up, as if waiting for handcuffs.

I also got the impression from the article that the comment about "showing his wrists" was told by somebody who overheard a conversation that took place among the maintenance workers, so it was second hand info.

Interesting how we can interpret the same "data" in different ways. That is why WS is such a wonderful forum. Not meaning to put down anybody else commenting on this piece of data. Many of you have much more experience and knowledge of these horrible crimes.

From RB's October 6th FB post. He described his new job as a "Grounds keeper" at an apartment complex and said his role was to keep the apartment complex "up to date". IMO that means more than just "grounds"/landscaping, it means doing general repairs to the building complex as well.

This is the time of year they are cutting back trees, etc. (Lots of that going on around here).

This is the time of year they are cutting back trees, etc. (Lots of that going on around here).

That goes on around here too, but it is done by a tree company not people on site that maintain the grounds. We have a landscaping company that mows and trims and they do that year round whether it needs it or not. Just part of their contract. But, the grounds keeper here picks-up trash and debris around the property and does minor repair to the sprinklers, gates, outside lights, etc.

That goes on around here too, but it is done by a tree company not people on site that maintain the grounds. We have a landscaping company that mows and trims and they do that year round whether it needs it or not. Just part of their contract. But, the grounds keeper here picks-up trash and debris around the property and does minor repair to the sprinklers, gates, outside lights, etc.
Guess it depends on the complex. Our regular maintenance guys are doing our trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!