GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The age of majority in the State of Arkansas is 18 and the mother was 15 years-of-age and living with her mother after she gave birth to her daughter.

If charges had been laid against Davis for statutory rape, would he have been allowed to visit the newborn?

<snipped>

FORREST CITY, AR – Police say a Forrest City, Arkansas man has been charged with raping his 8 day-old baby.

According to a police report, officers were called to the Forrest City Medical Center, September 1, 2008, about a baby that had been sexually assaulted.

Forrest City police say the baby also had a skull fracture and had to be transferred to the Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock because of the severity of the injuries.

Investigators say the father attacked the infant during a visit at her 15 year-old mother's house. Police say other people were at the home at the time of the assault.

Police say the infant’s father, 18 year-old Reginald Davis, has been charged with Rape and Second-Degree Battery.

Life with NO parole , PLEASE. There is no reason this guy should ever see the light of day agin, imo. If you cannot control yourself with your own 8 day old baby, with the entire family in the next room....FGS. :mad:

Lol.

Well, I also don't think two (?) of his, er, interesting character 'brothers' speaking to his defense means a hill of beans. (See Cindy Anthony.) And then a couple of high school friends? Oh yeah, the facebook friends of his that actually ATTENDED high school while he was 'home schooled'? They know the ins and outs and inner secrets of Ryan Brunn? And we haven't heard a peep from Ma or Dad. The silence is deafening there. And we all know that if they really wanted to talk, they'd just talk. (Again, see Cindy Anthony, lol.)

I don't really expect his brothers or 'friends' to say, "Well yeah, since he tortured and mutilated cats and dogs, I could totally see this coming!" Either he hid it from them or they knew about it and by hiding it/not stopping it/reporting it, they'd look horrible.

We have NO idea if he has a juvie record. He very well may. It may have sex crimes on it and it may have assault, cruelty to animals, we just don't know. It would be sealed.

I mentioned in another post (maybe 10 posts back) that Jorelys was a 50 pound (at most) 7 year old little girl. Extremely easy, IMO, for a grown male to subdue and incapacitate a small child without gaining a single defensive wound.

Think of all the other cases we follow where circumstantial evidence seems SO obvious, but yet, no arrest. The GBI was in and collecting evidence in that vacant apartment once found, and 24 hours later they made an arrest. IMO they have something more than circumstantial. :twocents:

All valid points. I have thought of all those myself, but your pointing them out again is reassuring. Thanks. I will just keeping waiting patiently. :hourglass:

I have another opinion that I will share...this is all opinion, I am by no means an expert.
I highly doubt there were 2 perps. POSSIBLY someone helped him hide evidence afterwards, but as far as in planning the crime, grabbing her, assaulting her, and killing her, I think the perp (and right now I think it was most likely RB) acted alone. I have heard of repeat older offenders doing these crimes in "teams" (or even couples, as far as the abusing side of it), but this does not seem like the kind of crime two early 20s guys would do together, it seems the kind that one sick person would do, hide, and be very ashamed of. I can see two 20 year olds pulling a robbery together, but this type of violent and perverted crime is hard enough to imagine one young guy committing, much less two. If it was RB, I think he acted alone, and if he had any help, it was dumping evidence, and the helper most likely turned on him afterwards.
I could be proven wrong, of course.

I also agree that the silence of the adoptive mother and father speaks volumes...yes the brothers spoke out, one seemed very young and naive, the other downright cocky and uneducated. We didn't see the mother come out saying "I know my son, I love my son, I feel in my heart that he is innocent, and I stand by him through this." Once we have an indictment, it will be very interesting to see how passionate his atty defends him publicly, it will be interesting to see if his family is there in court as defense witnesses or spectators or if at all.

My hope is that there is undeniable direct evidence that we don't know about. I am a little concerned about the comment "this will be a long investigation", etc, because what I would love to hear is "this will be an open and shut case, we have more than enough to get a conviction right now." I know they never say that, but that is what I would love to hear. I pray they aren't going on strong circumstancial evidence and waiting for possible forensic backup, but I am afraid they could be.

BBM

I just want to point out that though RB may be have been a new resident to Canton, he may have been quite familiar to the area. Canton and Dahlonega are only about 50 minutes apart at most. And if he was friends with his roommate before he got the job, he may have visted Canton many times. Heck, he may have visited this complex many times. :seeya:

I doubt Ryan spent much time in Canton before he moved there to start his new job because Ryan worked weekends at his previous job and he said he had weekends off at the complex so his work schedule in Dahlonega didn't allow him to visit at the complex on the weekend when his friend was off work and Jorelys was home from school.

I have not been able to spend as much time here as I would like, but haven't forgotten you dear, precious Angel Jorelys.

Kelly

Do any locals know if the roommate, or the roommate's mother, is back at the apt complex and back to work?

Also, do any locals know if RB's family members have visited him in jail?

I totally agree with your post and your feelings. While I know we should believe LE it is hard for me because of the facts that we do have.

RB is new to the area.
RB has no previous record that we are aware of.
RB's friends all say he was easy going, maybe a punk, but not capable of doing this.
I checked him out when he was arrested and I saw no scratches, or wounds on him that you would think he would get. Maybe there were some that were not visible. Just don't know.
And such a speedy arrest.

I just wish we had one little bit of evidence that precipitated the arrest. And I will say that I have a deep nagging fear that if he is not guilty, it maybe covered up and he will still be tried. I just want to be convinced and right now I am not completely sure. There hasn't even been any reporting from the media. I would just like to know what is going on. The silence is deafening. jmo

BBM I would be surprised to see any scratches or any physical wounds at all on a grown man who overpowered a 7yr girl, bound her hand and foot. We do know that the ME says the COD is blunt force trauma to the head. For all we know little princess was dead before any of the other indignities she was subjected to. And even if she was still living during the rape a bound child is not gonna have much of an opportunity to scratch kick and claw. The lack of any visible sign to us on a few video clips of RB does not mean anything to mean either way. Again, I would have been shocked if I HAD seen such wounds.

I know it is difficult at this stage of the case, it is always agonizing once the arrest is made, sitting and waiting for news that doesn't come, evidence that isn't shared with us. It never gets any easier. All in good time. Once the prosecution of the case gets going, and the details begin coming out, bits at a time, we will be awash in detail.

As Kat has said, this is where the dance begins.

Hang in mck, we will get there. I too want to know the evidence, I get impatient every time, it never gets any easier.

I doubt Ryan spent much time in Canton before he moved there to start his new job because Ryan worked weekends at his previous job and he said he had weekends off at the complex so his work schedule in Dahlonega didn't allow him to visit at the complex on the weekend when his friend was off work and Jorelys was home from school.

Did his friend/roommate work at the complex? We know the roommate's mother worked there, but I haven't read anything about the friend working there...maybe I missed that.

The article linked upthread that aluded to Ryan moving to Canton a year ago may have been incorrect or could easily have been correct. At one point in the argument with the FB "friend" over the xbox the friend said something about him living in Dahlonega with his mom. RB responded with something about moving BACK in with his mom. I had the impression he moved out for a time and then had to move back for some reason.

Maybe he did move to Canton (maybe where he made friends with his roommate, the manager's son) then had to move back home or was staying there temporarily and the his friend got him the job at River Ridge so he returned to Canton.

Now I need to stop by Amandareckonwith's archives to see if I am remembering correctly.

Eighteen year-old stabbed at River Ridge Apartment Complex in October 2011

CANTON, Ga. -- Rumors were flying Tuesday at the apartment complex where 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera was murdered. There's talk now of a second suspect and some residents are so much on edge they're talking about moving out.

"Yeah they're moving out. Some of them are," a resident told us.

It's easy to understand why people are nervous. On October 5th there had been a stabbing at the River Ridge apartments in Canton.

It's easy to see how rumors get started and people start to panic. Residents had said it was an 8-year-old boy who'd been stabbed but we got our hands on the police report and discovered the victim was 18-years-old and that three people had already been arrested in that case.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...s-fear-in-Jorelys-Rivera-murder-investigation

Also from the article above:

Cannon hasn't seen any physical evidence gathered by the GBI. All he knows is what he says he's heard the director of the GBI express publicly.

"That he's got evidence of blood and things of that nature maybe other physical evidence found at the scene that he believes ties to my client," Cannon said. "I don't have any idea yet whether that's true or not."

Perhaps he didn't. But I have to say, having moved to the metro Atlanta area when I was 17, I drove 45 minutes to an hour, each direction, many times (in many directions of the metro area) to hang out with friends who had their own place, just to party or hang out, especially when I still lived at home with my folks. Even when I had a full time job and had to be up early for work the next day or had college classes the next day. Driving an hour on a Saturday after work to Canton from Dahlonega would be nothing, and driving home an hour, if he had to work the next day would be nothing too. Not around here. Honestly, that's about the average commute time from most metro-Atlantans! :crazy: And he may have visited during the week. Could have had a key. Who knows.

ETA: Lol, I lost my point which was, that Ryan could have been familiar with Canton and the complex, not necessarily Jorelys.

All valid points. I have thought of all those myself, but your pointing them out again is reassuring. Thanks. I will just keeping waiting patiently. :hourglass:

OK I made the connection! My dad was a member at the River bend Gun Club for about 20 yrs. it's in Dawsonville GA (about 30 min away from River Ridge )

The roommates family (both sides) own the local store, runs a welding business, one might be a dentist, one might be a lawyer maybe even a barber?

They have streets and subdivisions named after them! So yes I believe they just might have some "pulll" through the grapevine " so to speak.
They also have family in Cumming Canton and Ballground GA
EDIT maybe I shouldn't have posted that it linked to all the family businesses in a 60 mile radius

Hence my untouchable theory...

IF he was involved in any way- IMO he was... we will NEVER hear about it.
BUT it will happen again in time... ~jmo

The roommate knows this area INSIDE and out...
and he may very well have shared his knowledge with RB.

RB's mom filed for bankruptcy so maybe this is why he snapped?

Also from the article above:

Cannon hasn't seen any physical evidence gathered by the GBI. All he knows is what he says he's heard the director of the GBI express publicly.

"That he's got evidence of blood and things of that nature maybe other physical evidence found at the scene that he believes ties to my client," Cannon said. "I don't have any idea yet whether that's true or not."

I hope they have bloody clothes that belong to him. I really think the timeline was too short for him to wash his bloody clothing. So he had to hide them, burn them, or dispose of them in the trash. Imo, whichever choice he made, they would have found them.

I hope they have bloody clothes that belong to him. I really think the timeline was too short for him to wash his bloody clothing. So he had to hide them, burn them, or dispose of them in the trash. Imo, whichever choice he made, they would have found them.

Really though...all they need is 1 speck of blood on anything that belonged to RB or in RB's apt...right?!?! There had to be something that tied only RB and not his roommate.

I keep going back to the statement they made about tracking him and by Tuesday night they had enough to arrest him. I wonder if they caught him trying to get rid of stuff? Would they have been able to tap into any phone lines??

I am confident in LE but I am SO impatient and wish they would release something to shut the naysayers up! Some of them are getting really mouthy on FB, just 100% convinced of his innocence. One even said they know Ryan and when "the real story comes out, everyone accusing him would feel stupid." I hope it's just a friend wanting so badly to believe he couldn't do something so heinous, but why make such a strong statement? Ugh. Those people keep me on the fence.

C'mon GBI...give us sumthin'! :innocent:

Goodness. I'm sure nobody on here is defending RB. I think a couple of us were just stating that the key to the dumpster doesn't mean anything. I don't think the fact that RB had a key to the dumpster will be brought up as evidence.

We are all on the same team.:seeya:

Oh I found this...actually I made it. :)

In Memory of Jorelys Rivera - YouTube

This is a great video. Thank you cat thief

:yourock: :fireworks: :crazy::fireworks2:

and I, as well, would love to hear LE say "we have definitive forensic evidence" or something like that. I understand that it is an ongoing investigation, and I understand that their job is to keep the case secure for prosecution, not to satisfy the curious public, but I would love to hear something more than "we are convinced", I want to hear "we have evidence proving."
I agree that if they had another suspect, there would be a public manhunt with BOLOs, descriptions, and roadblocks. I belive that LE believes they have the perp, and that they believe he acted alone. I just want to know a little more as to the how and why.

I'm with you. I want to see what they have. It seems a lot of people think that if LE arrests someone, they are automatically guilty. LE are human beings and they do make mistakes sometimes just like all of us. I want to see the DNA results, the bloody clothes, the weapon, etc., and I want to hear witnesses in court under oath.

OK I made the connection! My dad was a member at the River bend Gun Club for about 20 yrs. it's in Dawsonville GA (about 30 min away from River Ridge )

The roommates family (both sides) own the local store, runs a welding business, one might be a dentist, one might be a lawyer maybe even a barber?

They have streets and subdivisions named after them! So yes I believe they just might have some "pulll" through the grapevine " so to speak.
They also have family in Cumming Canton and Ballground GA
EDIT maybe I shouldn't have posted that it linked to all the family businesses in a 60 mile radius

Hence my untouchable theory...

IF he was involved in any way- IMO he was... we will NEVER hear about it.
BUT it will happen again in time... ~jmo

The roommate knows this area INSIDE and out...
and he may very well have shared his knowledge with RB.

RB's mom filed for bankruptcy so maybe this is why he snapped?

I am glad someone deleted the links with these last names.

Plus, I want to strongly add...the GBI could care less about who is important, or not important. They are dedicated to find the criminal, no matter who that is. I think RB did this all by himself and I feel for sure we will see/hear the evidence in due time.

I haven't seen anyone post opinions or rumors as fact.

If anyone sees a rumor posted as fact it's against TOS and should be alerted on in order to let our mods know that it has happened and they can evaluate.

Opinions can always be shared I don't understand that comment?

JMHO.

Posts of that nature were made here Tuesday night, reported to a mod and removed by a mod, which resulted in the those post not being seen.

Back on topic.

Prayers of comfort to Jorely's loved ones.

Really though...all they need is 1 speck of blood on anything that belonged to RB or in RB's apt...right?!?! There had to be something that tied only RB and not his roommate.

I keep going back to the statement they made about tracking him and by Tuesday night they had enough to arrest him. I wonder if they caught him trying to get rid of stuff? Would they have been able to tap into any phone lines??
I am confident in LE but I am SO impatient and wish they would release something to shut the naysayers up! Some of them are getting really mouthy on FB, just 100% convinced of his innocence. One even said they know Ryan and when "the real story comes out, everyone accusing him would feel stupid." I hope it's just a friend wanting so badly to believe he couldn't do something so heinous, but why make such a strong statement? Ugh. Those people keep me on the fence.

C'mon GBI...give us sumthin'! :innocent:

BBM

Remember there are 6 (I think) search warrants that have not been released to the media.

I am glad someone deleted the links with these last names.

Plus, I want to strongly add...the GBI could care less about who is important, or not important. They are dedicated to find the criminal, no matter who that is. I think RB did this all by himself and I feel for sure we will see/hear the evidence in due time.

True about the GBI and I believe your theory is right about the perp acting alone. Evidence will be heard and likely will come out in bits and pieces especially since LE said the investigation could take months. I think LE has a boat load of evidence against RB.imo.
bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members