GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the fact that very early on RB told his brother that he "was worried that he is being suspected" and that he "might be arrested". If you had absolutely NOTHING to do with this crime then why in the hello would you even make that kind of statement?

I'm wondering if he made those statements to his bro after he found out his roommate was being questioned by LE? (I don't know for fact that his roommate knew anything - but its my thoughts as to how this went down fairly quickly and how GBI is confident they have the killer)

JMHO

Just the fact that very early on RB told his brother that he "was worried that he is being suspected" and that he "might be arrested". If you had absolutely NOTHING to do with this crime then why in the hello would you even make that kind of statement?

I'm wondering if he made those statements to his bro after he found out his roommate was being questioned by LE? (I don't know for fact that his roommate knew anything - but its my thoughts as to how this went down fairly quickly and how GBI is confident they have the killer)

JMHO

I have to wonder if the room mate came home from work on Friday, and wandered into RB, fresh from the crime scene. The timing would be perfect. sometime around 6 or 7 maybe.

Jorelys Grandpa Rivera.

jorelysgrandpablasrivera.jpg

Blas Rivera Sr. places flowers on a playground shrine dedicated to his granddaughter, Jorelys Rivera.

RB told the neighbor he was worried because of the alcohol bottles lying around and his "girlfriend" was asleep. That just creeps me about his "girlfriend" part as I'm pretty sure he didn't have one...chills

eta, the link to the article and the neighbors words of what he said to her.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/2020-year-old-arrested-1253966.html

He's on video coming out of his apartment with a girl - tallish, slender, long brown hair. The way they acted they appeared to be in a relationship.

"Resident <snip> said she also talked to Brunn that night, when police were going door to door. Brunn told her he was worried that police would search his apartment, she said.

&#8220;He told me &#8216;I&#8217;m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,&#8221; she said."

So this is Friday night. LE is there, going door-to-door, the neighbors are out in force searching for Jorelys... and RB, who is participating in the search, doesn't call this girlfriend, wake her up, and tell her what is going on in the very complex where she is supposedly sleeping? Doesn't call to say, hey get out of bed and come help us? :snooty:

"Resident <snip> said she also talked to Brunn that night, when police were going door to door. Brunn told her he was worried that police would search his apartment, she said.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said."

So this is Friday night. LE is there, going door-to-door, the neighbors are out in force searching for Jorelys... and RB, who is participating in the search, doesn't call this girlfriend, wake her up, and tell her what is going on in the very complex where she is supposedly sleeping? Doesn't call to say, hey get out of bed and come help us? :snooty:

And he doesn't warn her that a kidnapper might be around still?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QOiQPv3AgQ

A 10 minute video of the court appearance by RB. For those that are following the legal aspects of this case this is a really good video. The judge explains to RB his rights, and what he can and cannot do, and attn's and such. Which each state varies slightly so this is a good explanation for GA by this judge.

This was a magistrate hearing. And as Bluesky pointed out a motion for bail has not been filed at this time. Which, as Bluesky pointed out this issue was misrepresented by the media (probably unintentionally) but still I wanted to bring this for those that are going to be following the trial.

That's the beauty of WS, we have so many members that some follow certain areas of missing persons/crimes/trials that we are all able to get the big picture by their different input.

(at the end there is a local that is giving an interview).

That's what worries me, did he have Jorelys in his bedroom of the apartment that he shared with the Managers son before he disposed of her but after he killed her? If the roomate was there and just saw a garbage bag or possibly nothing, if she was in RB's bedroom. Or was it his bloody clothes etc..that made him worry would be found during the search? It was something in his room.

JeannaT, I missed that video. Do you know where it is? TIA

MOO, there was no girlfriend. I think the GF was made up by RB because he sensed the neighbor reaction when he mentioned fearing the search. I think he realized that that comment could have made the neighbor suspicious and so he continued and through the GF thing in there at the end. I feel this was calculated to try and undo the hinky feel he gave the female neighbor by appearing like your average 20 year old guy who was into drinking and his GF and would not be into kidnapping beating stabbing and sexually assaulting a seven year old.

That's what worries me, did he have Jorelys in his bedroom of the apartment that he shared with the Mangers son before he disposed of her but after he killed her? If the roomate was there and just saw a garbage bag or possibly nothing, if she was in RB's bedroom. Or was it his bloody clothes etc..that made him worry would be found during the search? It was something in his room.

JeannaT, I missed that video. Do you know where it is? TIA

I also never saw the video with the female acting like a girlfriend or I should say I saw the linked video but did not notice a female GF type in any of that footage.

As to what was in RB's apartment, I don't think Jorelys was ever in there. I believe he was worried about other evidence being found. A trophy (such as the purse Jorelys never went anywhere without) or some sort of personal effect of hers. I think he was also concerned with blood evidence on items of clothing.

I also never saw the video with the female acting like a girlfriend or I should say I saw the linked video but did not notice a female GF type in any of that footage.

As to what was in RB's apartment, I don't think Jorelys was ever in there. I believe he was worried about other evidence being found. A trophy (such as the purse Jorelys never went anywhere without) or some sort of personal effect of hers. I think he was also concerned with blood evidence on items of clothing.

Yes! All you said AND/OR the knife he used as well. Maybe not even the exact one but the rest of a matching set? KWIM?

This is why I am angry with LE. We were led to believe she was brutally stabbed several times, severely beaten, her blood was splattered throughout the vacant apartment and her body was disfigured however if this was true imo, the family would not have had a public viewing especially one week after she was murdered. I personally feel LE exaggerated these facts.

I don't think that's untrue.

I think I've said this before, but my husband died a few years ago--- it was a pretty gory accident, and this is graphic, but part of his face was missing.

We chose to have a closed casket funeral, but the funeral home was able to make it so that his mom and I could see him.... and, having seen him after the accident, it was truly miraculous-- they worked super hard to make sure that wasn't the way I saw him last.

I think there's a very big difference in what she looked like before and after the funeral home's team worked on her.

I doubt that a 20 yr old would be too worried about having beer in their apartment. Especially if it was a missing kid/homicide case. Did he really think the homicide detective was going to care about some beer ?

Sorry, but i really doubt that was his biggest concern.

Agreed. I mean, what would the police arrest him for? Possession of empty beer bottles? Even if he had alcohol on the premises, they still couldn't do anything. How can they prove it's his? He has a roommate. Or he could say it's an older sibling's/friend's and they come by and visit from time to time? It's illegal to BUY it when you're under 21. Having it in your refrigerator? No one's going to jail for that.

Any twenty year old would know this. Especially one who smokes dope on his mother's front porch. I call BS on his 'concerns'.

There was a loop that they played right before the GBI Presser to announce his arrest. It looked to be surveillance footage. It was only a few seconds long. It was of him (which I had no clue it was him until after the presser) and a young female who looked to be in her very early 20's as they came out of the entryway of an apartment bldg. It looked like it might be sprinkling/raining because they stopped or hesitated, he continued on and she followed. They both got into a vehicle.

She was a brunette, and I'm pretty sure I saw her as a friend that posted on one of his facebook pics. Can't say for sure though.

I didn't see any touching or hand holding or anything like that. Don't know if she is just a friend or gf?

Just remembering.

Here is a link to the Sheriff in Cherokee County.
From what I have heard about him over the years, he
takes his job very seriously...
Thank goodness he stepped in when he did.
http://www.cherokeega-sheriff.org/
Education :
Master of Public Administration - Columbus State University
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration - Reinhardt College
Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice - Reinhardt College
F.B.I. National Academy - Quantico, Virginia 184th
F.B.I. L.E.E.D.S - Quantico, Virginia
Georgia P.O.S.T - Executive Certification
Georgia Law Enforcement Command College - 5th Session
National Sheriff's Institute - Long Mount, Colorado
Regional Leadership Institute - Atlanta Regional Commission

http://translate.google.com/transla...elys+rivera&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=731&prmd=imvns

This was from a few days ago from the univision website. (dated 7 DEC 2011)

It's a google translation but I found this interesting as I had not seen it reported earlier by amercian news (but I may have missed it).

When I try to copy and paste some words revert back to the original Spanish.

It says that GBI Keenan said they had interviewed RB but had no evidence to arrest him.

Following tips recieved from the public they started monitering him. They monitered him on Tuesday night and were then able to have enough evidence to arrest him.

Just sharing it might have already been published back thread. I just might have missed it.

some quotes from Mike Brooks the other night on HLN's JVM show

When asked if jorelys is believed to have been dead or if it was possible she was alive when thrown into the dupmster:

Brooks replied, &#8220;Well, they believe that she was dead within 90 minutes of her being kidnapped. So, you know, hopefully this poor girl... she suffered so much, but they believe that she most likely was dead when she was placed in that trash compactor.&#8221;

He continued, &#8220;...one of the things I asked yesterday, after they announced his arrest, I asked if Ryan Brunn, since he was a maintenance person there at the complex, if he had keys to that compactor. Because only maintenance people have keys to turn that compactor on, to push the trash into that trash compactor. And Vernon Keenan, the director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, said that, yes, Ryan Brunn did have keys to that trash compactor.&#8221;

http://translate.google.com/transla...BAn+diario&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=731&prmd=imvnso

Again a Spanish newspaper that quotes Jorelys Mother and Mom says that RB did come to her and request a picture of Jorelys so that he could help in the search.

The mother of Jorelys , Joseline Rivera, said: "He came here (home) and asked one of my friends a photo of the girl to help look for ... is a caripelao" ...

(caripelao is PR slang for shameless, it didn't translate).

bbm

OT - Same here... ;)

And I am the birth mom to an amazing young man raised by wonderful parents, and the mother to a beautiful daughter who I both birthed and am raising.

Had adoption not been an option for me at 16, it well could have been a very different and likely not so good outcome for all of us involved. I hate to read all the negative comments about foster/ adoptive families. I regard it as a beautiful gift.

I know it's OT-I just wanted to share/connect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera