GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
definitely. Kind of off topic, but did anyone else catch on to the "That girl" phrase? I'm not surprised that Mr. Brunn referred to her as "that girl", but during the Polygraph, the chief or whoever is questioning always refers to her as "that girl".. I know they know what they're doing, but I thought for sure that mentioning the victim's ACTUAL name during a polygraph could change the results majorly? Or is it the other way around?

& the "I didn't kill that spanish girl"...how disrespectful. I know at that point he had not confessed, but still.....

Also, was there any proof that marijuana was the only drug he used consistently? I believe I read an article somewhere that stated he was into a few other things also.... and that during his confession, he stated he was so paranoid which drove him to take the receipt & proceed to tape it on to the compactor.

I think he was saying "that Spanish girl" because he was trying to maintain that he didn't know her. TBH, I'd rather he called her that Spanish girl than that "little Mexican girl". That's more demeaning to me for some reason.

He said himself he had smoked meth, at least the night after he murdered Jorelys. I think I read that he said it was the meth that was making him nervous and paranoid and he posted the note.

I think he was saying "that Spanish girl" because he was trying to maintain that he didn't know her. TBH, I'd rather he called her that Spanish girl than that "little Mexican girl". That's more demeaning to me for some reason.

He said himself he had smoked meth, at least the night after he murdered Jorelys. I think I read that he said it was the meth that was making him nervous and paranoid and he posted the note.

"spanish girl" is a pet peeve of mine....Spain is a country in Europe, he knew darn well she was not from Spain. Of all of the 27 spanish speaking countries in the world, the chance that a spanish speaking person you meet here in GA being from Spain is highly unlikely. Brunn, being a spanish speaker, has to know this, and probably knows the concentration of spanish speakers here is overwhelmingly Guatemalan, Mexican, Honduran, Puerto Rican, and to a smaller degree we also have communities from El Salvador, Cuba, Dominican Republic. As much translating as I do for the school system, I have met less than 5 families from Panama, Nicaragua, Columbia, Ecuador,Argentina, Venezuela, Bolivia, and Peru. None from Spain. None from Uruguay. None from Chile. I am sure there are some..I am sooo off topic, but my point is this- he said "Spanish" instead of "Latina" "Spanish-speaking", etc, because he was trying to say "insignificant". He was IMO trying to say "Mr. White officer, I didn't do anything to that insignificant minority child." :furious:

definitely. Kind of off topic, but did anyone else catch on to the "That girl" phrase? I'm not surprised that Mr. Brunn referred to her as "that girl", but during the Polygraph, the chief or whoever is questioning always refers to her as "that girl".. I know they know what they're doing, but I thought for sure that mentioning the victim's ACTUAL name during a polygraph could change the results majorly? Or is it the other way around?
& the "I didn't kill that spanish girl"...how disrespectful. I know at that point he had not confessed, but still.....

Also, was there any proof that marijuana was the only drug he used consistently? I believe I read an article somewhere that stated he was into a few other things also.... and that during his confession, he stated he was so paranoid which drove him to take the receipt & proceed to tape it on to the compactor.

Respectfully BBM:

The detective using 'that girl' (instead of her name) caught me off guard too, but I think he did it because it would be harder for RB to twist it in his head, thereby convincing himself he was telling the truth, thereby not setting off lying triggers in his body (increased heart rate, breathing, etc.) What I mean is, I believe the person giving the polygraph knew that it was a safe bet that RB had depersonalized Jorelys down to 'that girl' or 'THE girl' in his head. A person would have to depersonalize someone, IMO, in order to molest, torture and kill in the way that RB did.

And if the person giving the polygraph used her somewhat unique (to us) name, and RB barely knew it, or the polygrapher mispronounced it, or RB had been mispronouncing it in his head, or Jorelys told RB to call her a nickname, RB could justify it in his head that the polygrapher was talking about someone else, some other girl ... not that girl that he slaughtered in the vacant apartment. :furious:

But I'm just guessing! :seeya:

And yeah, 'that Spanish girl' sounds so ... derogatory? --as though she's insignificant in his mind.

I had hoped this monster would experience Hell on earth, not the Hell he resides in now.

:waitasec: maybe he IS experiencing what he deserves. :woohoo:

I am curious about the meth use as well. I read in one or two articles that he stated he had smoke pot AND meth before committing the crime against Jorelys. I have learned alot about this drug since my sister has been an addict for over ten years. Some of the most heinous crimes have been committed by someone high on meth. NOT at all saying this is an excuse! Just that he may not have taken his crime to that level if not for meth use. OBVIOUSLY, he had a history of molesting children but no apparent history of violence. I just have so many unanswered questions about his background and how he came to be this monster.

I am so excited to finally provide this link!!

www.runforjorelys.blogspot.com

The race date is set for April 21, in Canton, GA. If you can't make it, but would like to sponsor the race, you can email rob@fundracers.org. Proceeds from the race will go to pay for tuition for teachers in Cherokee County to take a course in child abduction awareness and self-defense.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you so much for doing this!!!! The world needs more ppl like you :)

This is a more detailed video (raw) of the same interview. It gives more details of previous molestation case (details edited) but you can hear him saying it was an accusation, and he didn't do anything, "people were putting ideas in that girls head".

I think this video confirms that YES the GBI knew about VA, it was not grasping at straws. It also shows him doing that typical lying thing where he repeats the question back in the answer.."It is really not bothering me. I am not really bothered. Really I am not at all bothered." He busted himself.

http://www.wsbradio.com/videos/news/ryan-brunn-polygraph-video/vFtDR/

My husband gives me police 101 at times, he has always said to me, if you ever get questioned for any reason by cops, do not talk unless there is a lawyer present. He also tells me they know when people are lying....even when he's not on duty he can tell when somebody is lying or hiding something...he's really good about reading people and seeing things i can't see...from what his parents told me he has always been like that...the GBI probably has more ways of finding things out more then the local police...they knew about VA, just wanted Brunn to fess up about it and he didn't until he knew he was caught, they knew he was lying and he was acting really nervous....they know how to do this..thats why they do it for a profession...you'd be amazed how cops really know how to read and work people...and yes some of them do lie to an extent to get a confession out of somebody :)

"spanish girl" is a pet peeve of mine....Spain is a country in Europe, he knew darn well she was not from Spain. Of all of the 27 spanish speaking countries in the world, the chance that a spanish speaking person you meet here in GA being from Spain is highly unlikely. Brunn, being a spanish speaker, has to know this, and probably knows the concentration of spanish speakers here is overwhelmingly Guatemalan, Mexican, Honduran, Puerto Rican, and to a smaller degree we also have communities from El Salvador, Cuba, Dominican Republic. As much translating as I do for the school system, I have met less than 5 families from Panama, Nicaragua, Columbia, Ecuador,Argentina, Venezuela, Bolivia, and Peru. None from Spain. None from Uruguay. None from Chile. I am sure there are some..I am sooo off topic, but my point is this- he said "Spanish" instead of "Latina" "Spanish-speaking", etc, because he was trying to say "insignificant". He was IMO trying to say "Mr. White officer, I didn't do anything to that insignificant minority child." :furious:

I actually had a exchange student from Spain that lived with us for 2 years while I was in high school....we still keep in contact, he was my brother :)

Not sure if anyone's on the thread, but right now on HLN they're showing the released GBI interview with RB. It's taken up the first twenty minutes of the show, don't know if this will be the whole show or not.

Just now watching the interrogation video of Brunn on hln... I got chills watching him, did you notice he kept dragging his finger across his throat??? I think body language is fascinating. We see so many of these body language experts giving their opinions in a lot of these cases, but to me it's interesting, but that's about as far as it goes... Although I often agree with them, I know its not science, but watching this video and applying what they say about how these offenders "leak" the real story through their actions, I am buying what they're selling!!! If I had this on mute and watched it....and had to guess what happened to her, I would say he slit her throat... and I'd be right! CREEPY!!!!

Just now watching the interrogation video of Brunn on hln... I got chills watching him, did you notice he kept dragging his finger across his throat??? I think body language is fascinating. We see so many of these body language experts giving their opinions in a lot of these cases, but to me it's interesting, but that's about as far as it goes... Although I often agree with them, I know its not science, but watching this video and applying what they say about how these offenders "leak" the real story through their actions, I am buying what they're selling!!! If I had this on mute and watched it....and had to guess what happened to her, I would say he slit her throat... and I'd be right! CREEPY!!!!

Um yes thats creepy.....i watched it and didn't even notice that...i knew he said he "cut" her but omg too creepy....

Where is the video from hln? I don't see it on their website. never saw the body language, but now I want to !

Where is the video from hln? I don't see it on their website. never saw the body language, but now I want to !

I can't find the full length show. I know they showed a minimum of twenty minutes of nothing but the interrogation footage-- pretty sure they actually showed more than twenty minutes-- but I didn't record it and had the sound turned down. For some reason, I can't make myself listen to him (RB) for more than a minute.

I did find this segment from that show on YouTube ... with a body language expert!

[video=youtube;rtMnQyFKgBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtMnQyFKgBo[/video]

I have to agree with you. That is exactly what I thought as I watched this sociopath. He was replaying in his mind what he had done to Jorelys, imo.

IMO

I found some additional pictures of Jorelys and her family so I revamped the videos that I made for her memory. Didn't change them much but I think I improved them.

In Memory of Jorelys Rivera - YouTube
(and)
[video=youtube;Ja59jToSlBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja59jToSlBA[/video]

Today is the 2 month anniversary of sweet Jorelys' death. Let's leave our porch lights on for her tonight. :angel:

I am so mad at God right now! Why did he not step in and save this little girl? Why didn't he ask someone else if they would volunteer to go in her place? Because I would have! There was no point to this...everyone says everything happens for a reason...there is NO reason for this to have happened. It's total BS!!

GBI released some of RB's post guilty plea 're-interview'. In it he admitted to molesting other girls.

But when told two young girls in his past had accused him of groping them, Brunn admitted molesting girls while babysitting years earlier.

"I guess I did it more than one time; I guess I did a few times, but it wasn't in the same day," Brunn said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gbi-re-interviewed-brunn-1335799.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back