GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not blaming Jorelys mom at all. I know prior to this, I have given my children freedom that I thought was completely safe, and to be honest, LESS SAFE than what Jorelys had. The playground was in full view of her apartment! (from what I have seen from the news reports) I've let mine walk down the street and out of my sight but you can be sure that will never happen again. In fact, I would even consider chipping my kids...at this point, Big Brother is a lot more appealing.

And yes, there is that option 3 of BOTH. Whoever it is, let me have 10 minutes with him and save the taxpayers a ton of money.

Oh, BTW, was there ever really a 12 year old boy who had gone missing from that apartment? RB had mentioned it, did anyone find any details about it?

I don't have a link, but I believe the child that was missing previously was only missing a short time and was found fairly quickly safe and well at a neighbor's apartment. (I think it was one of those situations where the chid went to a friend's and didn't tell mom, hence panic because of a missing child.)

RB's juvi record and a true account of his life growning up would be nice to know.

RB's juvi record and a true account of his life growning up would be nice to know.

I have a feeling there may not be much in his juvi record. Maybe some drug use like pot.

When a person reoffends as an adult thier juvenile record is no longer sealed and we usually are able to see what he did as a juvenile...if anything.

I dont know anything about his life growing up except that he was adopted when he was a small infant along with his other siblings who were also adopted at a very early age. So it seems they all grew up together just like any other family who adopts.

IMO

This case just consumes my thoughts..... Not just because it happened in my town, or because it was so horrific but also because even though I know he is most likely the right guy or they wouldn't be able to hold him but HOW does someone just start out with a crime like this??? I mean, no one has come out from his past to say "I am not surprised he did something like this!" No old girlfriends coming out to say he was violent..... I wish the indictment would happen today!

This case just consumes my thoughts..... Not just because it happened in my town, or because it was so horrific but also because even though I know he is most likely the right guy or they wouldn't be able to hold him but HOW does someone just start out with a crime like this??? I mean, no one has come out from his past to say "I am not surprised he did something like this!" No old girlfriends coming out to say he was violent..... I wish the indictment would happen today!

I hear what you're saying, but honestly, that no one has come from his past and spoken to the media negatively about him doesn't surprise me. (We don't know what anyone has said privately to police detectives, though!)

If there is someone from his past who 'totally saw this coming' (His mother, siblings, coaches, a girlfriend) ... why didn't they report this past behavior to someone? Depending on what they knew/suspected, they themselves might be in hot water for not reporting something. (i.e. a coach not reporting inappropriate sexual behavior/violent behavior, a mother not reporting incestuous behavior, a sibling not reporting the collection of dead cats in the basement, etc.)

A penchant for sadism, pedophilia, and killing fantasies would be something he'd instictively know to keep hidden. Probably wouldn't mention it to the girl he likes, for example.) Then again, I believe I've read he never really had a real 'girlfriend'---and by age 20, that says something too.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of serial killers who had to start somewhere, their 'first kill' ... and many of them, people were shocked to find their nice neighbor was Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy and the like. And I believe those types were able to be 'serial' about it because they had better than average intelligence. Figured out how to get away with it. RB may have the same compulsions but because he wasn't as smart, he screwed up on his first kill--he was sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

And aside from his two adoptive siblings who have criminal records of their own, IIRC, I can't think of one solid citizen who is not related to him (like a former teacher, coach, minister, former neighbor) who has come forward and said that this is impossible to fathom because Ryan was such a kind, outgoing, upstanding citizen.

And his siblings will either defend him out of loyalty, or because they just don't WANT to believe he could do this. They didn't even show up at court. Neither did his mother.

Brother Steven said, “The only thing we can do is just hope and pray and cross our fingers that this ain’t true. If it is, there are no words to say. He’s a done deal.”

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of innocence from old bro.

A friend who spoke out was 'shocked' by the arrest, but also said, “I used to hang out at his house," said Young. “He always seemed kind of weird ... He always seemed like he had a lot in his head but didn’t want to talk about it."

We've heard from one of his former neighbors in Dahlonega say they used to see he and his brother on the front porch smoking pot and punching their own dog in the snout. Lovely boys. :innocent:

A former football coach came forward and said his parents were not involved in his football and didn't come to his games. And the coach stated it was odd because RB was homeschooled and most homeschooled parents are VERY involved.

We have a bunch of current neighbors who spent a month in his presense and they all seem to say he seemed weird and that he seemed to watch the playground a lot. Oh, and when a kid was 'missing' a while back, he expressed concern about those vacant apartments.

I think we (as humans) would prefer to hear that killers and pedophiles all look one specific way and all have a matching history so we can profile them easily and know for sure one isn't living next door to us. Sad fact is, they're anywhere and everywhere, and, unfortunately, many times they blend in with the scenery. :twocents:

Here's an AJC article which includes those quotes.
http://www.ajc.com/news/20-year-old-arrested-1253966.html

I wonder if the Grand Jury met today. Does anybody have any knowledge of this?

:panic:

Someone posted this article today. Could this be accurate??

http://www.primerahora.com/adnhundeaasesinodejorelys-600559.html

A little over a month of the cruel murder of Rivera Galarza Jorelys Puerto Rican girl, authorities confirmed through DNA tests that defendant Ryan Brunn was the author of the terrible incident in which the child was kidnapped, tortured, raped, beaten and stabbed to death in clashes in Canton, Georgia.

This was stated yesterday to Primera Hora, Joseline Rivera, the girl's mother of seven who disappeared last December 2, a park near his home in River Ridge complex in Georgia.

"The authorities have been communicating all the time with me and told me that the evidence found in the apartment and the tests were consistent with DNA from him (he prefers not to mention the name Brunn)," said Joseline officials said it and the prosecutor in the case that has shocked the country and the international press.

The parent added that scientific evidence "is evidence related to the autopsy" and that agents have secured evidence against Brunn have a 20 year old who worked as a maintenance worker housing complex where the girl lived.

According to preliminary investigation, after kidnapping the girl, the defendant, who cynically helped look for the small day he was missing and even commented on his Facebook page about the case, led to an abandoned apartment Jorelys. They committed the monstrous crime. Then he threw the little body of the child in a trash container in the same housing complex and crushed him, leaving the girl almost disfigured. Authorities found the body on 5 December.

"I only pray that with all the proof that there will apply the death penalty ... if not give it, throw it wants the prisoners to do what they want with it. That man really hurt me and it is unforgivable, "she said bravely.

And no wonder, since the tragedy occurred, Joseline, who was in Puerto Rico until December 27 to share with his family in Peñuelas, has no consolation. He can barely sleep a wink and has no appetite to eat anything at all.

"I feel bad psychologically. I know. It's like I'm going crazy with all that happened. I have no heart, I will not eat ... I superflaca "said he has two other girls, and Alannis Jessiany four and one year respectively.

Indeed, the mental health of their two small, especially Jessiany is another matter that stuns Joseline.

And that is the largest girls constantly ask her older sister. "Mom, where's Jorelys? Why not come home? "Questioned the girl to her mother, who burst into tears with each question.

"I know that the girl (Jessiany) and I both, we need psychological help. For us it was very difficult ... believes that the girl gave him a cantazo Jorelys a car in the park where she was abducted. That is the product of your imagination because I can not tell the truth yet, "Joseline said.

As part of the recovery plan, Joseline had to move the housing complex where he lived. She says she is a new beginning.

"I moved on Saturday ... could not stand to stay there. I had to disconnect because I went looking for the park all the time. In addition, all Jorelys tidbits were in the house and many memories. Now this (the move) is like a new beginning. I know that will not be easy without it, because Jorelys was unruly and cheerful home. But I am confident move forward, "said Joseline.

It is assumed that the next appointment with Ryan Brunn justice is carried out in late January.

"I just pray that that day he (Brunn) is guilty sang to end it (trial stage)," said Joseline on the view that will take place in the superior court of Cherokee County, Georgia.

Brunn's first visit was made in court on 8 December, when he filed charges of murder and for providing false information, then lied to police about his whereabouts on the day of the incident. The defendant claimed that he was in a Walmart near his community, but the security cameras unmasked. The man was refused bail.

Brunn, a dropout who left school in tenth grade, has been sung innocent of the crime. Their families have also advocated. However, none followed him on the day of the filing of charges.

I have a feeling his case is going before the GJ today judging by the comments I am reading on his brother's FB wall..... there is def something happening that has him on pins & needles yesterday and today.

Hope everyone is having a great day. My first post-and Im so relieved to be posting this!

Cherokee Ledger News
Grand Jury indicts Ryan Brunn on 13 counts in child murder case. For more information, go to www.ledgernews.com.

Hope everyone is having a great day. My first post-and Im so relieved to be posting this!

Cherokee Ledger News
Grand Jury indicts Ryan Brunn on 13 counts in child murder case. For more information, go to www.ledgernews.com.

For some reason the article won't load. It's blank.

For some reason the article won't load. It's blank.

Here you go.

http://www.ledgernews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2840
Despite a motion challenging the composition of the Cherokee County Grand Jury sworn to serve the January term, Ryan McCabe Brunn, a 20-year-old former River Ridge apartment maintenance worker charged with the murder of a 7-year-old Canton girl, was indicted Monday.

By 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10, a superior court judge had not ruled the defense’s objection to the Grand Jury.

Originally facing a murder and false statement charge, Brunn was indicted on several additional charges including aggravated child molestation, aggravated assault and battery, as well as enticing a child for indecent purposes, false imprisonment, sexual exploitation of a child and abandonment of a dead body.

Why can I not see the text of the article?? I can see all others on Ledger news... but not the most important one!!!:furious:

The link is working for me. If it is broken for everyone else let me know and I will remove it.

You can google "Ledger News" and the article is on a red banner at the top.

The link is working for me. If it is broken for everyone else let me know and I will remove it.

You can google "Ledger News" and the article is on a red banner at the top.

Yeah when I click on the banner it loads a page with just the title to the article and nothing else. Others are reporting the same issue. Can you post the text of the entire article here?

Grand Jury indicts Ryan Brunn on 13 counts in child murder case
Grand Jury indicts Brunn on 13 counts

By: Jessica Wagner
Published: 10 January 2012

Despite a motion challenging the composition of the Cherokee County Grand Jury sworn to serve the January term, Ryan McCabe Brunn, a 20-year-old former River Ridge apartment maintenance worker charged with the murder of a 7-year-old Canton girl, was indicted Monday.

By 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10, a superior court judge had not ruled the defense’s objection to the Grand Jury.

Originally facing a murder and false statement charge, Brunn was indicted on several additional charges including aggravated child molestation, aggravated assault and battery, as well as enticing a child for indecent purposes, false imprisonment, sexual exploitation of a child and abandonment of a dead body.

A multi-agency task force, which included Canton police, the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office, GBI, FBI, Georgia State Patrol, the Cherokee District Attorney’s Office and the Child Abduction Response Team, arrested Brunn Dec. 7.

He was charged with the murder of Jorelys Rivera, who vanished from the playground in the River Ridge apartment complex, where she lived with her family, around 5 p.m., Dec. 2. Police were dispatched to the scene at 7:15 p.m. that night, following a call to E-911 just three minutes earlier.

Law enforcement authorities upgraded the case status from missing to child abduction by 3:15 p.m., Dec. 3.

According to the indictment, authorities believe Brunn lured Jorelys into the vacant apartment in Building 10000 for the purpose of molesting her.

The child’s body was discovered in the apartment’s trash compact Dumpster around 12:30 p.m., Dec. 5. Cherokee County Deputy Coroner Thomas Pinyan Sr. pronounced her dead at the scene.

An autopsy conducted by the GBI’s Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Kris Sperry revealed that the child died from blunt force trauma to the head. She reportedly also was stabbed, severely beaten and sexually assaulted.

According to the indictment handed down Monday, Brunn is accused of striking Jorelys on her head and face with a blunt, hard-surfaced, hammer-like object.

Brunn also is accused of inflicting severe wounds and “seriously disfiguring a member of Jorelys’ body,” as the indictment said the child’s throat was cut and she suffered stab wounds to the chest.

The indictment also charges Brunn with two counts of cruelty to children in the first degree, as he allegedly “maliciously” bound the child’s hands with plastic ties, as well as placed a rag into the girl’s mouth and covered it with duck tape.

In addition to causing severe bodily harm to the child, Brunn is accused in the indictment of molesting Jorelys with the “intent to arouse and satisfy sexual desires” by sodomizing her with “a foreign object."

Thank GOD this indictment was done immediately. That family needs this case expedited so they can have some peace.

Gosh, what he did to her....he has some serious anger issues pent up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back