GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in the gwinnett county area and have frequented both barnacles and wild bills, they both have security and cameras, it was sad to hear about this and hope one day his family can have some closure. I can't see how no body saw anything unless he did get in the car with someone and then it turned bad.

From what I understand is that video caught him going into the club.....so why is there not video of him after the club standing around waiting for a ride.
No one saw him get into a car, correct?

With this case I have to wonder about a stranger abduction. I remember going to clubs like Wild Bills when I was 18 and they were a pervert convention. Older, pervy men who would come just to stand around and stare at the young girls and in some cases young guys. There was a park in my hometown where men would drive around and other men would hang out and if a man in a car stopped and asked if you needed a ride that meant - Do you want to have sex?
Justin standing outside Wild Bill's alone, late at night would have really stood out to someone who was trolling. Or he could have been noticed while in the bar and that person saw him afterwards and saw the opportunity, asked him if he needed a ride. It could have all been a misunderstanding with Justin not realizing what he got himself into and the driver not realizing that Justin is not interested. Things go awry at some point and Justin ends up being killed.

We are having a benefit buffet dinner for Justin next Saturday, Oct. 25 in North Ridgeville, OH. The buffet will be served from 6-8:00 PM. There will also be various raffles at the event. Today is the last day for ticket sales (sorry for the late notice). Please join us if you can!

BullfrogCorrectedPosterOct252008.jpg

bullfrogsmenuforbenefitbuffetdinner.jpg

Once again, nothing new--just an effort to keep Justin's name and story out there.

On the first day of November, a month indistinguishable from the difficult ones just past, a mother tried to forget that her son may never come home again.

And so, instead of giving in to her fear, Erika Wilson on Saturday afternoon did what she has done since she first learned her son was missing: She kept Justin Gaines’ memory alive.

About 150 family and friends gathered around tables decorated with cowboy boot confetti and ate barbecue brisket, cole slaw and mac and cheese at the Snellville Masonic Lodge. Each hoped their donations of $5 a person for the meal, and their purchases of raffle tickets, would help bring Justin back home.

They have been searching for Justin since Nov. 2, 2007, when the Snellville teen — then an 18-year-old freshman at Oconee campus of Gainesville College in Athens — disappeared from a Duluth nightclub. They have distributed thousands of fliers, bumper sticks and buttons bearing his image. “Have you seen me?” they all ask.

A year later, neither Gwinnett County police nor the family’s private investigator, Bob Poulnot, are any closer to finding him.

More at link:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/11/01/gaines_1102_web.html

We are having a benefit buffet dinner for Justin next Saturday, Oct. 25 in North Ridgeville, OH. The buffet will be served from 6-8:00 PM. There will also be various raffles at the event. Today is the last day for ticket sales (sorry for the late notice). Please join us if you can!

BullfrogCorrectedPosterOct252008.jpg

bullfrogsmenuforbenefitbuffetdinner.jpg
How did the buffet benefit go? Hoping that lots of funds were raised to help in the search. I'm so sorry there have been no answers to Justin's disappearance yet. Continued prayers for everyone who knew and loved him.

http://www.barrowcountynews.com/news/article/926/

Posted from another thread.

I hope this is not Justin but a male body has been found about 20 miles from the Wild Bills bar. They are still working on an ID. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. My thoughts and prayers are with Justins family at this time as I am sure everyone in the area who has a loved one missing is waiting for some answers.

http://www.barrowcountynews.com/news/article/926/

Posted from another thread.

I hope this is not Justin but a male body has been found about 20 miles from the Wild Bills bar. They are still working on an ID. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. My thoughts and prayers are with Justins family at this time as I am sure everyone in the area who has a loved one missing is waiting for some answers.

Please keep us posted if you hear anything, I have been reading about Justin so long, he reminds me so much of my own son....it hurts!!! Thoughts, prayers and hugs for the family.

Someone posted on the other board that the one fingerprint that they were able to lift does not match Justin's. I am thinkful for that but also heartbroken for the person who died this tragically and their family. No release on who it may be.

I'm a newby...but I have kept an eye out on Justin's case since the beginning...so sad! How a young, healthy man can just disappear. No trace!
WHERE did he GO??

praying he is found...

I'm a newby...but I have kept an eye out on Justin's case since the beginning...so sad! How a young, healthy man can just disappear. No trace!
WHERE did he GO??

praying he is found...

Welcome Dejasade, I know it is unreal how many people just disappear. Everyone of them have a story and a family looking for them....so sad.

Jules thank you for the update. I am glad it is not Justin, I would love for him to just come home to his family safe and sound. Whoever this person they found is has not been dead to long if they can lift a print. Hopefully they will know soon.

it's just crazy stuff, i agree, how can so many people just disapear???????
bluestarzz

"Men Go Missing Too"

Justin Gaines wanted to look good for the ladies.

The Gainesville State freshman was home on a Thursday night and sought assurance from his stepfather his shirt looked OK.

A night of fun with friends was the plan, but as often happens, the plan changed.

Gaines and the group headed to Wild Bill's, a dance club in Duluth. Armed with a pass to get in for free, Gaines was ready to go, but the others were left to pay a cover charge. They chose not to pay, and Gaines went in without them.

No big deal, guys do it all the time.

Toward the end of the night, Gaines called friends for a ride home, but found no takers. Surveillance cameras showed him wandering in and out of the club, the last time around 2 a.m.

It was Nov. 2, 2007.

He has not been heard from since.

"It's hard to think of what he'd be doing now, but I know he would be excelling at it," his mother, Erika Wilson said in a phone interview. "He is a good kid and has a great personality."

More at link:
http://media.www.redandblack.com/me...issing.Too.Stigmas.Breed.Apathy-3722356.shtml

Is there a different thread somewhere on this I can't find? No news?

Is there a different thread somewhere on this I can't find? No news?
Here's the old thread, but no one has used it since April:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55860&page=8

This is the most recent thing I can find from June 5, 2009:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Mother_of_Missing_Teen_Needs_Answers_060509

It's been 19-months and still no sign of a missing Gwinnett County teenager. The family of Justin Gaines is hoping surveillance video showing him leaving a nightclub brings in fresh leads.

Erika Wilson said every time the phone rings she hopes the voice on the other line has information that will bring closure to her family. It's been something that's been out of reach for more than a year and a half.

The surveillance video is grainy and lasts only seconds, but the family of Justin Gaines hopes you take a close look.

The Gainesville College student disappeared after a night of partying at Wild Bills on November 1, 2007. His mother said this is the final confirmed sighting of the then 18-year-old.

"He was 18 when he went missing, then 19, now he's 20. And I don't want 21 to come along with no answers," said Wilson.

~ More at Link ~

This is one case that is devastating and infuriating. Someone out there knows something and needs to grow a set and come forward!

When you think of all of the minutiae that we know about Casey's last month before Caylee was reported missing, but we can't find one single witness to Justin's last night at a crowded nightclub, it really makes me wonder about his so-called "friends" and the people who were there that night.

bumping for justin. i cant believe no one has spoke about him on here since april :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back