GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, Mrs. Wilson. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help you. Justin, as always, is in our thoughts and prayers.

Ditto. Please, if there is anything specific.

I am in Ga, south of ATL...we do have people here who would love to assist if there is anything you can think of that would benefit.

I would think the PD are looking into it and if they contacted me I would talk with them. But I feel those cases are not related to Justin. That is my gut feeling. Just like that Gary Hilton I did not feel he had anything to do with Justin but who really knows. There are a lot of sick people in the world.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

I think you are correct, and I am unaware of any incident where they would or have reached out to the family directly. It is my understanding that they have either been contacted directly by the families or via the PD. I think a Mom's gut is the most powerful instinct in the world and I pray for answers for you and your family. God Bless.

Hi everyone I wanted to stop by and try to answer some questions that were posted by Blink.

1. The club is 18 and over on Thursdays. Justin arrived to the club with 2 other people. Justin was given VIP to the club and his friends Chris and Amanda could not get VIP and left and never went in. Justin still entered the club and Chris and Amanda did not since they did not get VIP and did not want to play to enter.
By VIP I am assuming you mean it was free for Justin to get in? Did he have that pass prior to leaving for the club?

2. There are several cameras in the club a lot are just to check the bar places and making sure money is not being stolen. There are several cameras outside. That is how I know who he was with when entering and I saw the others 2 leave and never enter. The video the released is inside at the pay window and the VIP window. Also an outside camera shows Justin Leaving at 1:38 am on his phone. His phone records shown he made calls to 2:02 am. I am thinking his phone stopped working them. We do not see him get in a car or anything. It is said by people there that he hung around looking for a ride still after 2 am.

Why do assume his phone stopped working? Has LE checked the cell towers from that evening? Does it have GPS? Has LE shared with you what else the tapes show from inside the club if there are several other areas that are taped within the club. Have they pulled all the footage and preserved it as potential evidence?

3. Not sure about who he met inside he club. Or about an arguement that is all rumor still. But i have heard about a conforntation but never been proven fact. Those would not be the ones that were not helpful but as of now all friends have been helpful now.
To clarify, do you mean that the rumor is that Justin got into a confrontation with the 2 men who met inside the bar and they are the two "friends" that have not been helpful? If not, I am confused as to who you are referring to. If you would rather not post, you may PM me.

4. I am not sure if the id was taken I would imagine so since he was charged with underage drinking and fake id. I have called that juridiction to ask but it was never told to me what ID name he had at that arrest.
I would recommend that you call them (or ask your PI to- and ask if they in fact did confiscate the ID and if so confirm what name was on it if LE has not already done so. If they have not, give them that information.

5.Brad shewe is a real person someone Justin was firends with and worked with. It is said he has his id when he went out. The Brad Allen name was told to me when I asked his friends what id name he has that night. They first said Brad Allen that works with him. I told them that is Brad Shewe and they confirmed that was the id name.
To clarify- why would they tell you Brad Allen vs. Brad Shewe? Was the ID Brad's that Justin borrowed? Or was it strictly "fake" using his name?

6. The 2 guys he meets in line are 2 of his friends he met by chance in line. Then enter the line outside 10 minutes after Justin but meet up front becasue the VIP lane takes longer to get thru. They are his age and I will have to relook at the video about the last 2 seconds of that clip.

7. The case is still missing person with supecting foul play. It is still with our local PD. Gwinnett County PD. The GBI was asked to look at it because we requested them to do so. I feel maybe the GBI could be of help. So we requested it and finally GCPD met with the GBI and we are still waiting to hear from them. Good for you for requesting -
Is that an actual case classification from PD? Or is it classified as a MP case and the PD suspects Foul play? How long ago did PD meet with GBI?
When do they anticipate getting back to you?

8. I am not sure about who posted he was very drunk. I know I have heard/read he was very intoxicated or drugged. I have since seen the video of him walking outside. He may be buzzed but I am not sure about totally wasted. He is walking normal with one hand in his pocket and the other hand to his ear on the phone. He does not stumble or walk bad. But walks confidant on the phone. So after watching the video I would not say drugged because after researching ecstacy and GHB he would not have walked out on his own.
That is not necessarily true- it would depend on the amount. I read a post somewhere that he was lying on a bench outside- has LE confirmed or ruled out that account? It could be relative if Justin's friend in the bar felt he was not drunk and then someone else saw differently in a short period of time.

9. I am not sure if they checked records I know they talked with workers and some people at the bar. It depends who you talk to. Some say he drank alot that night but the bar tender said he drank little and was not plastered and she even talk with Justin and he told her he was not getting smashed and she told me he was still pretty sober and she has seen Justin plastered. So it depends if you talk to the workers or others on how much he drank.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson
www.justingaines.com

Hi Mrs. Wilson, my follow up questions are in blue. Please let us know if there are any other updates. God Bless.

1. Yes it means you get in free. I am not certain if he had his pass before hand. I think he gave his name at the door and picked up a pass. But not certain.

2. Records show his last call at 2:02 am and Justin had made calls stady for an hour. Knowing Justin he does not keep his phone charged well for a whole night. They have the last cell tower ping which is by the club. The tmobile phone does not have gps according to t mobile they do not do that. They have shared tapes with me. To if they have all the footage of the night saved if needed who knows. I could not actually say they do but man I really hope they do.

3.The suppose fight was not with the 2 friends and they have talked now. The 2 friends were never actually in the club that night. The fight was to of happened with strangers. Just others at the club.

4.I called for the information of that id but they were not helpful in anyway. I will see if the pi did that.

5. Justin friends told me he used Brad Allens Id. They told me I knew Brad because it is someone he worked with . I said he works with Brad Schewe and they said that is the persons id Justin used to go out. How he got Brads id is not certain but it was not fake it was Brads id with Brads Picture.

7.I am not cetain of the PD classification I think it would be MP with supecting foul play. They met with the GBI about 10 days ago. I hope to hear something by the end of the week.

8. I am not certain if Justin was on the bench the video outside does not show the bench. I could however see Justin Laying there using his phone and texting for a ride. How the person descibed him outside sounds like him. Also I know he walked out at 1:38 and was still making calls from that area per tower location. Also the people he called said he was looking for a ride. So he could have been on the bench but who knows.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

Tonight on CBS show Without A Trace @10pm Justin will be featured as the missing person tonight. I was told they will flash his information some time during the show then will be placed on their website.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

Tonight on CBS show Without A Trace @10pm Justin will be featured as the missing person tonight. I was told they will flash his information some time during the show then will be placed on their website.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

Fantastic! Thanks for updates.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

Thank you for the information. I always watch Without A Trace and will make sure I watch it tonight. I am so sorry that your boy is missing. I just can't imagine the hell that must be. You have a strength that I don't know that I would have if I were in your shoes. I hope and pray that Justin is found soon and that he is alright.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson
Thank you for the information, Mrs. Wilson.
I do hope that it leads to new information.
My prayers are with you and your family...and, of course, always with Justin.

They have shared tapes with me. To if they have all the footage of the night saved if needed who knows. I could not actually say they do but man I really hope they do.
Understood. Have they shared with you how many patrons they have spoken to and the content of any interaction with Justin that evening?

3.The suppose fight was not with the 2 friends and they have talked now. The 2 friends were never actually in the club that night. The fight was to of happened with strangers. Just others at the club.
Was this rumored fight witnessed or corroberated by anyone-Has Le spoken to the alleged parties?

4.I called for the information of that id but they were not helpful in anyway. I will see if the pi did that.
Stand your ground. Unless they specifically tell you that information is being witheld due to the relevance in Justin's active Missing Person's case, and you confirm that with the investigator's on Justin's case, you have a right to know that. It may not yield anything but it still needs to be excluded.

5. Justin friends told me he used Brad Allens Id. They told me I knew Brad because it is someone he worked with . I said he works with Brad Schewe and they said that is the persons id Justin used to go out. How he got Brads id is not certain but it was not fake it was Brads id with Brads Picture. Did the friends not know Brad's real last name? Has LE spoken to Brad?

7.I am not cetain of the PD classification I think it would be MP with supecting foul play. They met with the GBI about 10 days ago. I hope to hear something by the end of the week.
The actual classification of the case is critical to how it is investigated, both currently and potentially in the future. If you want me to expand on this let me know.

8. I am not certain if Justin was on the bench the video outside does not show the bench. I could however see Justin Laying there using his phone and texting for a ride. How the person descibed him outside sounds like him. Also I know he walked out at 1:38 and was still making calls from that area per tower location. Also the people he called said he was looking for a ride. So he could have been on the bench but who knows.
To confirm, Justin was seen on video leaving the club at 1:38am and he did not re-enter? Were there any unknown numbers on his cell either outgoing or incoming that evening? Regarding the calls Justin was known to make- what did the friends he spoke to say about his speech, demeanor, etc..

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

Few add'l thoughts:
Has Le to date, explained to you why they suspect foul play? I know they have refused in the past, but is it due to lack of evidence of any other scenario? Or is it based on actual evidence of foul play (ie: witness account, allegation, etc..)

I read somewhere a witness recalled seeing Justin with 2 men later in a parking lot (Barracudas?) has that been substantiated or ruled out?

Mrs. W- hoping to help.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time Erika. Thanks for sharing your info with us.

I want to start by saying thank you for your support for I am not always strong. But knowing there are so many people praying for our family give me the stregth I need. Someday I lose it but I try to regain it quickly for at this time I have to be strong for Justin. I feel if I fall apart and close up who is gonna keep on the PD to keep this case open until I have answers.

1. They have said they have talked to the workers that night. Also some of the people that were there.

3. Well the suppose confitation was told by several people but each time it was told it became different. Example: He was in a arguement with 2 black guys. Then the next person says 2 white guys, then 2 hispanics. So it was never certain any really fight happened. The one Black guy that Justin was said to argue with has said no Justin and him just talked and caught up on old times since they have not seen eachother in awhile.

5. Yes they did not know his last name and confussed his last name with someone else. The PD and my husband and I have talked with Brad Schewe and Justin did have his ID.

7. Please expand and I will find out the current classification of this case early next week.

8. I have seen the video he does not re-enter the club if he did it would have been through the back door. There was many calls and my PI reseached every call. Some said he sounded fine others said he sounded drunk.

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

I want to start by saying thank you for your support for I am not always strong. But knowing there are so many people praying for our family give me the stregth I need. Someday I lose it but I try to regain it quickly for at this time I have to be strong for Justin. I feel if I fall apart and close up who is gonna keep on the PD to keep this case open until I have answers.

You are right, you can be strong for Justin, and you are doing an amazing job. My responses in blue.

1. They have said they have talked to the workers that night. Also some of the people that were there.

3. Well the suppose confitation was told by several people but each time it was told it became different. Example: He was in a arguement with 2 black guys. Then the next person says 2 white guys, then 2 hispanics. So it was never certain any really fight happened. The one Black guy that Justin was said to argue with has said no Justin and him just talked and caught up on old times since they have not seen eachother in awhile.

This is typical, but there is alot going on here, in as much as what stories are the same, different, and who is telling them, hopefully PD and your PI is comfortable. If not, I would not let this go- could be relevant.

5. Yes they did not know his last name and confussed his last name with someone else. The PD and my husband and I have talked with Brad Schewe and Justin did have his ID.

7. Please expand and I will find out the current classification of this case early next week.
The exact classification directly determines how Justin's case is investigated. I am not sure about this in GA, because it is different in different areas, but it can also dictate how they are required to work with your hired PI. One of the things I do not understand is if LE believes there was foul play, but will not say why, is there direct evidence or is it a witness or just their theory based on lack of any other plausible scenario?
If it stays classified as a mP case, there is no "crime" which strictly limits the power of LE and your PI in getting info that could be critical. Privacy laws (regarding patrons, witnesses, are very protected) The problem with that is people's memories fade, tapes get written over, etc..
Has anyone that you know of that LE has spoken to retained an attorney?
8. I have seen the video he does not re-enter the club if he did it would have been through the back door. There was many calls and my PI reseached every call. Some said he sounded fine others said he sounded drunk.
Is your PI able to determine the chronology of which friends thought Justin sounded drunk? In other words, did he create a timeline of the calls, what time they are made, to whom, and correspond those accounts to determine if it's possible he could have been drugged? (ie: first 2 calls said no, last 2 said he sounded impaired?)

With Hope,
Erika Wilson

Thanks Mrs. Wilson, I know this is not easy, I am praying for Justin and your family, and for us to be able to help you get answers.

Erika~ My heart truly goes out to you and your family. I hope the answers come and soon Justin will be home where he belongs. I know you won't give up and neither will we. It is only a matter of finding the first missing link to take us down the right path.

Something we brought up in another case were photos. With the cell phone photographers everywhere today, it is possible someone in the club caught a photo of Justin. I would have the PI inquire as to any birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, etc. taking place in the club that night. From there, you could find the people attending and be able to track down photos. Most of the time, people make reservations for such parties so the club would know ahead of time and have a record. Just a thought.

Justin has been placed on Project Jason's 18 Wheel Angels campaign. A special poster has been made for him and can be downloaded and printed for placement.

More information about the program, and the link for the poster can be found here:

http://projectjason.org/18wheel.shtml

In addition to the campaign, Justin is also featured in a national trucking publication, Through the Gears. This free magazine is distributed in truck stops nationwide and has a circulation of about 150,000.

Through the Gears and Independent Contractor are two of Target Media Partner's many publications. In partnership with Project Jason, they each feature two missing persons each per month. You can pick up your free copies at a local truck stop, but if it's far from you, you may want to call and ask if they carry that magazine. These are NOT with the regular for purchase magazines.

We hope this helps in the search for Justin. Please consider printing and placing a poster in businesses in your community.

News and Updates about Justin:
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=1656

To read a special story written for the campaign by Justin's mother, click here:
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=1656.45

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Please help us with Jason's Birthday Campaign:
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=3021.0

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

Thank you Kelly for helping keep Justin's face in the public view.

I cannot believe how little evidence there has been and no witnesses of his actual disappearance. Crazy making stuff. I still look for him in the faces as I go through my day, although I know it would be near impossible for him to be just walking around like normal.

Where are you Justin???

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- The mother of missing teen Justin Gaines is starting a foundation to help support families of missing teenagers.

Erika Wilson sits at an outdoor table of a local restaurant. She looks as put together as anyone else until she tells you how her husband has to call her sometimes and tell her to get out of bed, how she can't drive alone in the car because she'll cry the entire time, how her first and last thoughts of the day are about her son Justin.

"It's how long I carried him," Wilson said.

It is almost nine months to the day since Justin Gaines was last seen at a local bar. Almost nine months without any solid leads into his disappearance.

"We have no closure. I don't know if I should be grieving because he's gone. I don't know where my son is," she said.

More at link:
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=119146&catid=3

Section bolded by me just breaks my heart. :(

Aww.........

My heart and prayers go out to the family. :(

I would never want to be in their club of *missing* families, looking for answers and maybe never finding them.

:(
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell