GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the first time I've seen this thread :(

My DS starts college in a couple of weeks in the Atlanta area. This hits too close to home.

My heart goes out to Justin and his family....

Lisa

Bless his mom. She sounds like a wonderful mother and I can't even begin to imagine her pain.

Justin deserves to be home for his Mom and his family, let's renew our effort as best we can.

Christine, Animal, ConcernedP, Angelmom,
This is one that we could do something to probably help...PM me if you are willing to jump into this one feet first.

I'm not GA, but if there is something I can do from Jersey, I'm in..

Thank you, Blink! I'm going to PM Christine, Angelmom, Animal, CP and others here from GA and see if they can help me get 'active' on a local level here. I'll be in touch with you if we are able to get the ball rolling.

Thank you all for your interest in putting some effort into this case. I have been following it from the beginning and would love nothing more than to see him and Kyle Fleishmann both brought home. I hope we can make a difference!

I hate this case!!!

I hate that there were so many people not paying attention to what was right in front of them.

I hate the rumors.

I hate the fact that there is no crime scene, no forensics, no "place."

I hate that Justin's phone battery died (apparently) so there is no pinging.

I hate the lack of interest by the media and the public.

I hate that TES came and couldn't find him - if they couldn't, who can?????

I hate seeing Justin's mom and knowing that nothing I could possibly do will take that pain away.

I hate this case!!!

Where are you Justin???

I want to see this case solved someday, too!

I have two kids in college now, so it's easy to imagine what Justin Gaines mother is going through - a nightmare.

This case just haunts me. :confused:

I hate this case!!!

I hate that there were so many people not paying attention to what was right in front of them.

I hate the rumors.

I hate the fact that there is no crime scene, no forensics, no "place."

I hate that Justin's phone battery died (apparently) so there is no pinging.

I hate the lack of interest by the media and the public.

I hate that TES came and couldn't find him - if they couldn't, who can?????

I hate seeing Justin's mom and knowing that nothing I could possibly do will take that pain away.

I hate this case!!!

Where are you Justin???

I totally agree, AM. This case has bothered me so much from the very beginning, as it has my cousin who also has two sons and lives very close to where Justin went missing. I have been to Wild Bills myself as have my sons and their friends. This should never have happened. If horribly it did happen, it should have been solvable. I feel that many interested local people held back due to the lack of information being publically presented through the media and we were assuming that LE were indeed 'doing their jobs', when now, it seems that there was much which strangely 'fell through the cracks'.

I will try to contact Justin's mom and ask how she would prefer for us to best make use of our local support in helping her bring Justin home and find justice for him.

Thank you all for your support! I will let you all know when I have further information and we can make plans together from that point.

Is it just me or do others of you here at WS have the hair on the back of your neck standing straight up over this case.

Something is just NOT RIGHT!

I wonder if the lack of media attention and LE searches etc were/are a result of the fact that Justin was at a local bar which is big revenue to the county of Gwinnett and that bad publicity which could shut this bar down would put an end to the 'big bucks' coming in for the county. Proof of underage drinking could very well cause the county revenue to be shut down completely.

This reminds me of the old 'common knowledge' rumors about college towns allowing the university to 'handle' how much 'negative' information involving their own students was presented to media. Rapes, murders, theft, etc on campuses were often very much downplayed to protect the revenue that the school generated for the county. It is "Business". It is politics. It is all about money...

Gwinnett County is not a "university town" location, but it would feel the sting of hurt from the lost revenue of large business contributors shut down.

I just wonder how much information was kept under wraps or was not as actively investigated due to the high revenue provided by Wild Bills to GC. I wonder how much more high profile Justin's case would have been in the Metro Atlanta area if a high profile investigation would not have not cost GC Govt mega bucks from both within the department of LE, as well as from the outside sources of big business...

Just tossing some ideas out for us to chew on...

Mrs. Wilson (Erika),
I can only relate to the very beginning of your trauma with Justin going missing. My heart most sincerely reaches out to you. I can not begin to imagine the pain and suffering you have experienced during this past year not finding Justin.

My son was out partying with friends in Athens. He was riding home with a designated driver friend when he suddenly decided that he did not want to come home, but rather get his friend to take him to another friend's apartment in Athens. They argued, but we all know how difficult coming to a rational conclusion can be when a sober individual tries to make a point with an intoxicated friend.

My son ended up jumping out of his friends vehicle and walking. It was 5 miles from the location which he exited the vehicle to the friend's apartment. The DD friend came on to our hometown and went to sleep. The next morning my son did not show up for work on time at our business which was not at all like him. Several of his friends who live in our hometown and who had come back here began calling early that morning and asking to speak to him at our work. I knew in my gut that something was very wrong. A mother's worst nightmare had begun. I went and picked up the DD friend and with him sobbing constantly telling me how sorry he was for letting my son get out of his vehicle, we drove to physically retraced my son's steps to the apartment. During that time my haunted thoughts were where this very emotional search could ultimately lead me...It was a nightmare.

My son's story ended well. After jumping out in front of several taxi cabs and trying to get them to stop and pick up his drunk butt and them refusing, he eventually made it to his friend's apartment. His cell phone had gone dead during the night when he was trying to find a ride. That is why he would not answer all of our calls that next morning. All the friends in the apartment were also asleep and ignoring their phones...

My son and his friends realized the horror of what goes on for the ones who love you most in the aftermath of poor choices. They still talk about how thankful they are that they learned this serious lesson after one major stupid event like this in their young lives and we all pray that they have indeed learned a most valuable lesson and will never again put their own lives in such danger.

Mrs. Wilson, could Justin have decided to try to walk home or to a friend's home from Wild Bills?

How far was home from Wild Bills? How far from Wild Bills did his closest friend live?

Could he have gotten a ride and then gotten out of the vehicle to walk the rest of the way, for some reason???

Have possible routes walking been searched???

Still waiting to hear from several local Metro Atlanta WS'ers whom I have PM'ed and asked if they would have time and be interested in offering Justin's mom our assistance in attempting to help reactivate and try to spark Justin's case back up to the front burner online and physically on a locl level.

His mom emailed me to reply that Justin's family always welcomes additional support. I replied that I am still awaiting replies from the remainder of locals whom I have emailed and PM'ed and would get back with her as soon as I have heard from those people.

Thank you to all who have already responded favorably in support of our renewed attempt to help bring Justin home.

Wow that is great. Is his mom or anyone close to the case interested in helping answer some of the great questions that have been asked in order to aid us in websleuthing?

Wow that is great. Is his mom or anyone close to the case interested in helping answer some of the great questions that have been asked in order to aid us in websleuthing?

See post #151. His mom has been a member here and has been answering questions. As for others close to the case joining and helping answer members questions, we will have to see after we hear from everyone willing to support us by helping online and locally to publically reactivate his case.

Any chance Justin's case is related to the "Smiley Face Killers"? I am sorry if you have already been through this thought process...

Any chance Justin's case is related to the "Smiley Face Killers"? I am sorry if you have already been through this thought process...

Believe, I have wondered the same thing myself.

I personally do not, after my research, but that is just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil
Back