GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me...

If LE have enough evidence that they believe they can charge a person and successfully bring a case to trial, they won't wait to arrest the person, IMO. If they had all that, they would not wait to see if another murder occurs. If they don't have enough evidence, in the prosecutor's opinion, to bring a successful case, that's when they wait. However, the "waiting" is actually investigating and developing further evidence that can lead to charges, not just twiddling thumbs and seeing what the suspect does next. All MOO.
I agree with this. It is up to DA to accept the case as is or to send LE to find more evidence that will secure a conviction. I trust that LE is sitting on a goldmine. This case is too bizarre and so contradictory. The timeline doesn't add up. The statements change and the facts are fluid in some instances. 911 call is VERY telling in the verbage and content.

Snipped by me...

If LE have enough evidence that they believe they can charge a person and successfully bring a case to trial, they won't wait to arrest the person, IMO. If they had all that, they would not wait to see if another murder occurs. If they don't have enough evidence, in the prosecutor's opinion, to bring a successful case, that's when they wait. However, the "waiting" is actually investigating and developing further evidence that can lead to charges, not just twiddling thumbs and seeing what the suspect does next. All MOO.
I agree with this. It is up to DA to accept the case as is or to send LE to find more evidence that will secure a conviction. I trust that LE is sitting on a goldmine. This case is too bizarre and so contradictory. The timeline doesn't add up. The statements change and the facts are fluid in some instances. 911 call is VERY telling in the verbage and content.

Thanks. She is seen in that photo crossing 10th headed towards Piedmont park. Whether she continued to the park on 10th or up Piedmont seems to be unknown. But with a dog, it probably would have taken 10-15 minutes to get to where the attack occurred. So that would seem to indicate the attack could not have occurred before 12:20-12:25.
It occurred to me that she is first shown on camera at 12:09 am at 10th and Piedmont. What if that is when she truly arrived to that area and not @11;30pm as stated by EC and MSM? EC would have been off work (4min walk) around the same time to make it home to her apt by 12:30. why pass each other and not connect?

It occurred to me that she is first shown on camera at 12:09 am at 10th and Piedmont. What if that is when she truly arrived to that area and not @11;30pm as stated by EC and MSM? EC would have been off work (4min walk) around the same time to make it home to her apt by 12:30. why pass each other and not connect?
Thanks. She is seen in that photo crossing 10th headed towards Piedmont park. Whether she continued to the park on 10th or up Piedmont seems to be unknown. But with a dog, it probably would have taken 10-15 minutes to get to where the attack occurred. So that would seem to indicate the attack could not have occurred before 12:20-12:25.
How do we know she was headed to park? She is a 4 min walk from partners work at this particular photo

IMO- the fact that Katie would go to Henry's Midtown @ 11:30pm per her partner, hang around the area but not Henry's, do a circle, Cross 10th for a second time and head to the park for another 30 min dog walk having been walking for about 1 1/2 hours since leaving her apt on North Ave at midnight seems unrealistic.

How do we know she was headed to park? She is a 4 min walk from partners work at this particular photo
In the photo, Katie is seen crossing 10th, south to north, and may be angling slightly to the east. So it would appear she is perhaps headed towards the park. If she were headed back to Henry's, she would need to be angling to the west instead.

IMO- the fact that Katie would go to Henry's Midtown @ 11:30pm per her partner, hang around the area but not Henry's, do a circle, Cross 10th for a second time and head to the park for another 30 min dog walk having been walking for about 1 1/2 hours since leaving her apt on North Ave at midnight seems unrealistic.
Katie must have done some extra walking around for sure after seeing Emma at Henry's if Emma's story is correct.

What do you make of that? I don't know the streets around there well enough to know how unusual the timeline and her assumed movements that we know of are.

Katie must have done some extra walking around for sure after seeing Emma at Henry's if Emma's story is correct.

Would she have had time to stop and talk to other people before arriving at the park?
I don't know, just wondering, since she apparently knew a lot of people in the area.

In the photo, Katie is seen crossing 10th, south to north, and may be angling slightly to the east. So it would appear she is perhaps headed towards the park. If she were headed back to Henry's, she would need to be angling to the west instead.
Can you expound on your angle theory? she seems to be dead center in the crosswalk. maybe 8 feet from curb. She hasnt reached a part of the walk to lean east or west. i see what youre saying but im not sure it holds up

Can you expound on your angle theory? she seems to be dead center in the crosswalk. maybe 8 feet from curb. She hasnt reached a part of the walk to lean east or west. i see what youre saying but im not sure it holds up
Katie seems to be clearly angling from west to east. I assume she had been walking on the southside of 10th, headed east, stepped into the street/crosswalk before the light post, and seems to be angling slightly to the east. This puts her on a course for Piedmont Park where she will be found an hour later.

Katie seems to be clearly angling from west to east. I assume she had been walking on the southside of 10th, headed east, stepped into the street/crosswalk before the light post, and seems to be angling slightly to the east. This puts her on a course for Piedmont Park where she will be found an hour later.
You cannot tell from that photo she is on a course for Piedmont Park. She is centered in sidewalk headed north from the southwest corner of 10th and piedmont. she could go left to peachtree st or right down 10th

Can you be more specific what was so telling in the 911 call? Or what gives you pause about the verbage?

Oh dear.That was just brutal to read.Over 50 stab wounds and it sounds like her breasts were totally mutilated.I can't understand the FAT carved on her body.What purpose would that be by I assume calling her fat?It almost sounds like an insult by a teen boy or something like that.Such a strange case.No mention of a rape in this report but Emma's dad very recently claimed she was sexually assaulted.I'm just totally baffled.

Perhaps I'm being niave but I can see where she could have (for whatever reason) had murderous rage for her partner, but not her dog. It just doesn't sound plausible.
The more I think if it I bet it's a line cook or someone in the kitchen staff of the bar she worked in. I believe it's a female that she had a problem with. For some reason it escalated to her being killed. Have the detectives interviewed the staff or staff that recently left. This is almost seems like a murder from a movie... Thoughts?

Oh dear.That was just brutal to read.Over 50 stab wounds and it sounds like her breasts were totally mutilated.I can't understand the FAT carved on her body.What purpose would that be by I assume calling her fat?It almost sounds like an insult by a teen boy or something like that.Such a strange case.No mention of a rape in this report but Emma's dad very recently claimed she was sexually assaulted.I'm just totally baffled.
Oh...just horrible reading the autopsy report. Most stab wounds were less than 3/4" deep. I'm just a little versed in medical lingo but it sounds more like cutting than stabbing for most wounds. She was attacked from behind at some point. Her neck was almost completely severed. Wounds to her hands & arms. Her eyelids, nose, upper lip, breasts & abdomen around hip level were mutilated. There was no injuries found that would suggest rape. The 'F' & 'A' wounds were close together while the 'T' located off to the side & all were very large in size. I have not heard of a more brutal murder since Ron Goldman & Nicole Brown. IMO never ever going to PP again.

That's a h*ll of a lot of stabbing and slashing and cutting and hitting and marking and turning over to do the same and whatever else.

Under personal effects they list her black shirt, and then they list blue denim jeans. I guess the rainbow photo isn't very good, but I always thought she had on black pants.

I wonder if they will release Bowie's autopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95