GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion on Bowie’s presence seems to be complete opposite to most here but I’ll share it anyway.

I also have a “oh so scary house hippo” pitbull and I suspect she has a similar temperament to Bowie. Mean looks and scary bark, but if approached with a high pitched “hi baby!”, melts into a puddle of love. MOST pit bulls are like this unless specifically trained to be aggressive. Their public persona does not match reality, and if you know, then you know. Nothing I’ve read about KJ or EC makes me think they encouraged aggressive behavior from him. In fact I think the exact opposite; that he was a well-trained, babied, cherished, well-socialized member of the family and comfortable meeting new people and being approached by strangers while on walks. Moo. Walking him if he wasn’t friendly would be a disaster waiting to happen.

This makes me think KJ and Bowie may have been approached by someone appearing friendly and who could’ve made a remark about how beautiful he was. I know pitbull lovers recognize each other as if part of some secret club not at all afraid of them and it instantly makes you feel like you have a bond in understanding these dogs when someone isn’t afraid. It happens to me all the time when we are out.

If that’s what happened, the perp had the perfect ruse to get very close to both of them without activating either fear response. He could reach down to pet Bowie and attack him before KJ even realized what was happening. Bowie may not have ever barked and KJ might not have screamed.

Have we heard anything about the number of ante-mortem wounds Bowie had? At the very beginning there was talk that Bowie might have the perp’s dna in his mouth. Was that confirmed?

All moo
I can't remember exactly, but I recall the police saying something about Bowie had apparently tried to defend Katie or something to that effect. That could mean just about anything.
But I would think that anyone wanting to attack Katie almost certainly would have had to dispose (sorry for the language) of Bowie first. Any dog would try to defend its owner when attacked. And even a well trained and even mannered Pit is capable of a vicious defense. So I think that whatever happened, it started with the attack on Bowie. But given the situation and weapon, that could have been all over in a second or two.

My opinion on Bowie’s presence seems to be complete opposite to most here but I’ll share it anyway.

I also have a “oh so scary house hippo” pitbull and I suspect she has a similar temperament to Bowie. Mean looks and scary bark, but if approached with a high pitched “hi baby!”, melts into a puddle of love. MOST pit bulls are like this unless specifically trained to be aggressive. Their public persona does not match reality, and if you know, then you know. Nothing I’ve read about KJ or EC makes me think they encouraged aggressive behavior from him. In fact I think the exact opposite; that he was a well-trained, babied, cherished, well-socialized member of the family and comfortable meeting new people and being approached by strangers while on walks. Moo. Walking him if he wasn’t friendly would be a disaster waiting to happen.

This makes me think KJ and Bowie may have been approached by someone appearing friendly and who could’ve made a remark about how beautiful he was. I know pitbull lovers recognize each other as if part of some secret club not at all afraid of them and it instantly makes you feel like you have a bond in understanding these dogs when someone isn’t afraid. It happens to me all the time when we are out.

If that’s what happened, the perp had the perfect ruse to get very close to both of them without activating either fear response. He could reach down to pet Bowie and attack him before KJ even realized what was happening. Bowie may not have ever barked and KJ might not have screamed.

Have we heard anything about the number of ante-mortem wounds Bowie had? At the very beginning there was talk that Bowie might have the perp’s dna in his mouth. Was that confirmed?

All moo
And/ Or they could have been familiar with Katie and the Bowie.

All moo
Knowing what we know now due to the autopsy release, I have to wonder if whoever committed this murder saw Bowie as nothing more than a simple obstacle to overcome to get to the victim.

Just a thought, I know a lot has been said about how this murder must be personal and targeted because of the horrendous violence and brutality especially to intimate parts of the body and I would agree that it might be just that.
But I also know that the victims of Jack the Ripper suffered similar violence and he did not know them.
Just thinking out loud.

How do you know ole Jack didn't know his victims? they were prostitutes. Maybe he had previously been a client. A personal attack can be an acquaintance not just family or friend, lover, etc. It could have been anyone that came in contact with her or familiar with her. This is def personal and someone was enraged. Coworker? Neighbor? customer?

Knowing what we know now due to the autopsy release, I have to wonder if whoever committed this murder saw Bowie as nothing more than a simple obstacle to overcome to get to the victim.
It has crossed my mind that that Bowie could have been an added challenge and way to make people who hear about the crime more afraid.

Hopefully he got in a good bite.

Or it could be blood from a knife slip.

imo[/QUOTE]
Maybe LE is still waiting for results from FBI.

Did i understand correctly that Bowie belonged to the g.f.?
If so, sometimes 'dog people' tend to remember a dog more than the person walking him, could K have been mistaken for E?
speculation, imo.

The killer could have been wearing all black. That wouldn’t show blood.

Some people keep a bandana around their head or in a pocket to wipe their face if needed.

Another thought- my last- I promise:

Did the fire department come and hose down the site after LE left to prepare for usual park visitation and the event?

all imo

The killer could have been wearing all black. That wouldn’t show blood.

Some people keep a bandana around their head or in a pocket to wipe their face if needed.

Another thought- my last- I promise:

Did the fire department come and hose down the site after LE left to prepare for usual park visitation and the event?

all imo
Good thought.
They could have also had an undershirt and removed the top shirt. Maybe even had jogging shorts under and took outer clothes off and ran off as a jogger.

LE is awaiting results from labs per source. Backlogged and one murder doesn't take precedence over another so everyone must wait their turn.[/QUOTE]
My posts keep getting messed up when I quote another and then try to fix it.

I’m extremely curious about the statement DA Fani Willis made regarding evidence that the killer didn’t immediately leave the crime scene. What could that reveal? Did they find something in the lake that suggests the killer cleaned up before moving on?

“It’s a very frightening crime,” said Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis, adding that evidence suggests the killer did not immediately flee the scene after the crime. “And that is strange,” she said. “Most people commit a murder and want to get the hell away because they don’t want to be caught.”

Edited to add link although I’ve read this quote in several articles: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e59cb2-0740-11ec-a266-7c7fe02fa374_story.html

Last edited:
LE is awaiting results from labs per source. Backlogged and one murder doesn't take precedence over another so everyone must wait their turn.[/QUOTE]
This was a pretty high profile case and the FBI was called in quickly. I would assume any lab results would have been fast-tracked.

I’m extremely curious about the statement DA Fani Willis made regarding evidence that the killer didn’t immediately leave the crime scene. What could that reveal? Did they find something in the lake that suggests the killer cleaned up before moving on?

“It’s a very frightening crime,” said Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis, adding that evidence suggests the killer did not immediately flee the scene after the crime. “And that is strange,” she said. “Most people commit a murder and want to get the hell away because they don’t want to be caught.”

Edited to add link although I’ve read this quote in several articles: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e59cb2-0740-11ec-a266-7c7fe02fa374_story.html
That is very interesting. I wonder what evidence lead to that conclusion and why would she have commented on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuardianAngelTaskForce