GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The autopsy was tough to read. This really seemed to be a prolonged attack. With all those people in and out the park - nobody saw or heard anything? I find that hard to believe. Just doing some initial Google searching on carving words into bodies and it seems like quite a good amount of female offenders. This seems very personal. Someone wanted to humiliate KJ, wanted to hurt her wife, or was jealous/rejected. I don't feel like there is a threat to the public because she was targeted. That's all MOO. I'm just in shock at the level of hatred in this attack. I hope she gets justice and fast, for her family and the communities sake.
Agreed. The level of hatred and rage is astounding. Either Katherine was killed by someone she knew, or there is someone very disturbed out there who totally despises women. If it’s the latter, the public should have been warned immediately and repeatedly. And they weren’t. But whoever is responsible for this does not belong in society. MOO.

Agreed. The level of hatred and rage is astounding. Either Katherine was killed by someone she knew, or there is someone very disturbed out there who totally despises women. If it’s the latter, the public should have been warned immediately and repeatedly. And they weren’t. But whoever is responsible for this does not belong in society. MOO.
I agree. Even if it was personal, it was extreme, and done by somebody unwell and unsafe. If it was random, though, it's a terrifying threat to the public. Not wanting to send the public into a panic is understandable, but somebody this psychopathic is an immediate threat, and the public ought to be scared enough to take appropriate precautions. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the ME report, there were the letters FA on one side of the chest & T on the other side. I really don't want to read the report again, but if IRC, these letters were over 6 inches in height...
I have checked the urban dictionary & other slang resources for other meanings of these letters than the obvious. There are quite a few possibilities. IMO after reading this ME report, this killer was covered in blood. How could this person get away unnoticed?
If the letters F and A were in fact purposely set apart from the letter T, one possible meaning comes to mind..
Could the T be for Tinder? fwiw imo, speculation.....

FA | What Does FA Mean?
''Definition for FA
FA means "Fat Acceptance." This is the most common meaning for FA on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums.''

I agree. Even if it was personal, it was extreme, and done by somebody unwell and unsafe. If it was random, though, it's a terrifying threat to the public. Not wanting to send the public into a panic is understandable, but somebody this psychopathic is an immediate threat, and the public ought to be scared enough to take appropriate precautions. JMO.

That is why I think that LEO has a suspect, but hasn't collected enough evidence to make a charge. I also believe that politics runs a lot more investigations than we believe, especially in Atlanta.

I know crime and abuse is often hidden in the family and LE always takes the statistics of this fact under consideration in their investigations but I cannot imagine anyone close, who by all accounts loved Katie, did this.
I've tried to be open minded to all the possibilities but just can't wrap my head around the possibility of them being a perpetrator of this horrible crime.
I do wonder if the staging was done to throw off investigators, but I have no idea from what, or who.

Last edited:
Emma was not KJ's wife...they were not married.
<rsbm>

Janness and her girlfriend, Emma Clark, had been together for about seven years and considered themselves married, said Clark's father, Joe Clark.

"They would've been together forever," Joe Clark told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "They were that couple."

Seems like their relationship was pretty clear. I know a couple that was never 'married' and were together for 60 years. I know other couples that were married 1 year and divorced.

If the letters F and A were in fact purposely set apart from the letter T, one possible meaning comes to mind..
Could the T be for Tinder? fwiw imo, speculation.....

FA | What Does FA Mean?
''Definition for FA
FA means "Fat Acceptance." This is the most common meaning for FA on online dating sites, such as Craigslist, Tinder, Zoosk and Match.com, as well as in texts and on chat forums.''

DBM

I wonder if big space between the T and the other two letters has a significance.

Last edited:
Those of us in the LGBTQ community know all too well the circumstances where our long-term/totally committed relationships haven't historically been accorded legitimacy in the outer culture. And so, no doubt there are some exposed nerves on this topic in our community that are being grazed. That said, @Shellinaya is right, they weren't married. As to funds raised...really EC's business what they're used for and no doubt that would naturally evolve as events unfold. She came upon her partner and dog sliced a la Jack the Ripper style ---so, likely the trauma will reverb for the rest of her life. That said, I'm not sure at all while EC and JC continue to post on social and talk to the media. It doesn't cast either in a good light.

Those of us in the LGBTQ community know all too well the circumstances where our long-term/totally committed relationships haven't historically been accorded legitimacy in the outer culture. And so, no doubt there are some exposed nerves on this topic in our community that are being grazed. That said, @Shellinaya is right, they weren't married. As to funds raised...really EC's business what they're used for and no doubt that would naturally evolve as events unfold. She came upon her partner and dog sliced a la Jack the Ripper style ---so, likely the trauma will reverb for the rest of her life. That said, I'm not sure at all while EC and JC continue to post on social and talk to the media. It doesn't cast either in a good light.
Anything that keeps this case in the spotlight is a good thing IMO so I hope they keep speaking out.

One of the first things an attorney would advise anyone with involvement in a case like this to do is to STOP TALKING. The Clarks can keep the case in the spotlight without offering careening video interviews with msm that provide opportunity for contradictions in ECs story to emerge and cast doubt on her credibility. In my opinion, this is part of the reason why LE hasn't yet come out with a statement clearing her.

I still don't understand how someone (someones?) managed to kill both a PIT BULL and a person, with that level of inhumanity, with that many wounds, with that amount of detail and time it must have taken, in a public park, even at night, and nobody heard or saw a thing? The timeline is also confusing to me. I know the FBI was called in on this case. I would be so interested in what their criminal profiler's psychological profile of a suspect looks like. WHO does something like this??

Unfortunately, I can only read the abstract, I am not able to open the study, maybe because I'm in another country, Idk.
The abstract doesn't really tell me anything.
Can you share the key points you are referring to from the study on how guilt or innocence is indicated due to the 911 call in this particular case?

I’m in the U.S. and I couldn’t open the cited abstract either, so I turned to my friend Google. Of course, this information doesn’t seem like something we can discuss at this point on the thread without violating WS TOS, but it’s at least worth reading IMO.

I believe this information is by the authors referred to in the abstract who are experts on the subject of 9-1-1 call analysis.
911 homicide calls and statement analysis: is the caller the killer? - Free Online Library

Here also is a link to a study that is also mentioned on a thread discussing Patsy Ramsey’s 9-1-1 call about JonBenet.

Is the caller the killer?

https://commons.lib.jmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1485&context=master201019

That 911 analysis research paper was fascinating. Some of those points in general would have have never crossed my mind. Thank you for sharing.

You’re welcome. I appreciate the OP posting the abstract that sent me down the Google bunny trail/rabbit hole. The information is useful for so many cases here. It’s actually common sense once you know about the things they look for.

I have not read the autopsy and can tell from the excerpts shared here that it's not something I want to read. I haven't been following the case closely and just read through the threads last night when the news popped up about the autopsy release. It sounds like the attack happened in a short period of time? It makes me wonder how someone could attack so brutally and extensively in such a short period of time. They must have been running toward KJ already with the intent to do what they did. It wasn't an argument that escalated -- there wouldn't have been enough time, IMO. The brutality is shocking, and even describing it like that doesn't seem to capture the depravity of it.

My second observation is that if EC is the killer, how could the LE have not been able to make an arrest yet? If it is her and they haven't made an arrest, it's probably because they don't have enough non-circumstantial evidence, right? How is is after likely combing through KJ's and EC's lives for the last few months that there isn't enough to piece enough evidence together? Is it possible that leading up to a crime like this, there was not the slightest clue that it could happen? Have there been other crimes similar to this one where it took some time before the attacker was caught? It's so bizarre!

EC did not commit this murder and I cannot imagine the hell the poor woman is living in.

Yes, she stated to 911 that KJ was dead; KJ had been nearly decapitated. She did not say “help me,” only “please help” and “please send help.”

<modsnip> It’s common for donations to be raised for surviving family members after a death, particularly one as traumatizing as this one was to EC.

EC is being repeatedly re-traumatized by strangers who—despite not having all the facts—are so convinced of her guilt that they are making death threats against her.

Obligatory “MOO”

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members