GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cairo, NY... Not Cairo, GA. The police vehicle matches NY markings. Town of Cairo New York Police Department | Town of Cairo

I don't know if the youtube video dates are actually when he recorded the video or just when he uploaded the video. Either way... The videos suggest he has an obsession with face mutilation, public parks, white females and dogs (black and brown specifically). It's very chilling.
YES, this. He may have recorded the video on a previous date. I definitely think it’s worth tipping. I’d assume they are already looking into this guy as a potential suspect in this case (especially considering the FBI has some type of involvement with both cases), but one can never be too sure.

I haven’t read through all the posts, but has the F A T letter carvings been discussed? Were they all in a row to actually spell out FAT or were there in different areas and stand for something?

His arrest in Florida was fairly quick— he left DNA at the crime scene. Wouldn’t Atlanta LE/FBI have connected him to Katie’s murder by now (assuming he left DNA)? And have had him under surveillance so he couldn’t commit another murder? At least I hope they would have, ugh. Interesting to note the reward rapidly went to $50,000. Ryan Rogers murder: Semmie Lee Williams arrested by Palm Beach Gardens police

In another video you see it again and it definitely looks like an umbrella.
How is it that someone this disconnected to reality and homeless travels from NY to Miami? Where does he get the money to do that?

I'm curious about the 2016 San Diego Co CA fugitive from justice warrant. (And, did his 2014 attack on the man in CA go to trial?)

Or, if Bowie was off-leash for a few minutes in the park, it’s possible he could’ve encountered the perpetrator while sniffing around the area, and perhaps that person reacted angrily/violently to the sudden appearance of a pit bull, yelling or threatening the dog (or actually starting to attack him) which would’ve prompted Katie to hurry over to the altercation in an attempt to intervene. If the perp was already attacking Bowie, I doubt Katie would’ve even hesitated before trying to stop the attack and save her dog—which might’ve just further enraged the perpetrator, resulting in the obscene number of injuries that person inflicted on Katie.
I don't think that is what happened. Katie was the real target, not the dog.

His arrest in Florida was fairly quick— he left DNA at the crime scene. Wouldn’t Atlanta LE/FBI have connected him to Katie’s murder by now (assuming he left DNA)? And have had him under surveillance so he couldn’t commit another murder? At least I hope they would have, ugh. Interesting to note the reward rapidly went to $50,000. Ryan Rogers murder: Semmie Lee Williams arrested by Palm Beach Gardens police
Well, unless there has been an update, the last I read about DNA in Katherine’s case, they said the labs in Georgia were backed up and her case was no more important than any other murder case they have.

In another video you see it again and it definitely looks like an umbrella.
How is it that someone this disconnected to reality and homeless travels from NY to Miami? Where does he get the money to do that?
He has at least 100 videos posted. They seem to start 5 months ago & Cairo, NY PD in some of those. Then 4 mos ago he states he's in Baltimore, MD. The rest seem to be in FL w/palm trees always in the background. There are quite a few taken in parks,day & night, filming women walking dogs & groups of people standing around talking. Alot have a police car w/lights at a scene. He seems intelligent, has a good vocabulary & his phone appears to be sophisticated. He seems to be completely delusional & paranoid but doesn't act fearful.
JMOO.

I haven’t read through all the posts, but has the F A T letter carvings been discussed? Were they all in a row to actually spell out FAT or were there in different areas and stand for something?
The F & A were on the right side of the chest & upper abdomen & the T was on the left chest & abdomen. They were large IIRC measuring over 5" in height.

Reward money is rarely productive in helping solve a crime, and when it does, the amount rarely matters.

"Our studies showed that it was getting an award that mattered, not so much the exact award figure,"

Source:Do Cash Rewards For Crime Tips Work?[/QUOTE]

And they were post mortem if I understand correctly.
I think the autopsy said they were hemorrhaging, which means her heart was bleeding at the time of the incision. Most of her wounds were bleeding at some point, only a few were pale, and not bleeding...which means she had passed by the time they got to those ones. Freaking sick, I know.

Cairo, NY... Not Cairo, GA. The police vehicle matches NY markings. Town of Cairo New York Police Department | Town of Cairo

I don't know if the youtube video dates are actually when he recorded the video or just when he uploaded the video. Either way... The videos suggest he has an obsession with face mutilation, public parks, white females and dogs (black and brown specifically). It's very chilling.
also wheels. bikes and wheelchairs

It seems logical that a killer would stalk their victim for a bit, analyze the risk BUT these things aren't always logical. Look at the Ryan Rogers case...perp suffering from mental illness, attacks in a literal heartbeat just as the victim happened to ride by. And it's not very clear that the individual had the capacity to think about risk, etc.

Just using this as an example of one type of individual who commits these crimes, NOT suggesting it is in fact the same offender.

You bring up excellent points. Just because someone didn’t get caught doesn’t mean they must have been of sound mind and meticulously planned the murder. The killer could have been reckless (and evidence suggests that he or she was reckless and didn’t care about getting caught) and didn’t necessarily have to think things through. Luck plays a huge role in these things.

You bring up excellent points. Just because someone didn’t get caught doesn’t mean they must have been of sound mind and meticulously planned the murder. The killer could have been reckless (and evidence suggests that he or she was reckless and didn’t care about getting caught) and didn’t necessarily have to think things through. Luck plays a huge role in these things.

Yes, I've tried to make this point in many different threads, many different crimes. There are not as many criminal masterminds as we think but there is an awful lot of dumb luck. Unfortunately.

Yes, I've tried to make this point in many different threads, many different crimes. There are not as many criminal masterminds as we think but there is an awful lot of dumb luck. Unfortunately.

Me too. I hate it because the “criminal mastermind” theory is more about people wanting to be Sherlock Holmes and always hinges on really irrational explanations like someone getting so angry about spilled coffee that they stake out a spot to mutilate the victim in a public place, and somehow miraculously the police can’t find someone with a grudge so blatantly obvious months later. Or worse, they blame the victim’s family despite common sense conclusions that someone so close involved would have been implicated by now.

I also hate how these theories rely on data taken out of context. Sure, people are mostly killed by people they know. But most of those deaths are domestic disputes involving firearms, and not grisly mutilations in public parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95