GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a WSB-TV (Atlanta) news report about a woman found dead. it is the same Chosewood Park story as mentioned above. This is 5 miles away from Piedmont park and the alert says a person of interest had been detained in this kidnapping/murder.

Does not sound at all like it is related to KJ.

I totally agree. Two very different crimes. The only similarities are that a woman was killed. The method and the MO are not at all the same.

Adding onto that, *how* did he see it well enough? My brain just went "Maybe he heard something and went over with a flashlight!" MOO, obviously! Or not even an opinion -- just a thought!
For some reason i was thinking the other person heard on the 911 call was a woman, but I don't know why. Regardless, it could have just another person walking in the park, saw something beneath those trees and went to see what it was with their phone flashlight.

This photo was sent to me by someone who lives in the neighborhood. I have no reason to doubt her, but of course this might not be 100% accurate because she is not LE. According to her, the flowers are where Katie's body was found -- allegedly left there, along with a note, by the guy who came upon Emma as she was calling 911.

Wait, the killer left a note?

Last edited:
The Midtown bar where Abdulrab worked, Revery, posted on Instagram that she "brought light to every single person she came in contact with
Ah yes, the bars are in midtown but the crime didn't take place in Midtown, it took place in Grant Park and Chosewood Park. Police have stated they are unrelated.
IIRC Revery had a shooting a year or so ago as well. Its a VR bar off Ponce and very different clientele than Campg. where Katie worked.

Anyone know the size restrictions on photo file uploads? (I've tried to reduce size and quality and no luck). TIA

Ah yes, the bars are in midtown but the crime didn't take place in Midtown, it took place in Grant Park and Chosewood Park. Police have stated they are unrelated.
IIRC Revery had a shooting a year or so ago as well. Its a VR bar off Ponce and very different clientele than Campg. where Katie worked.
Someone said there were no similarities between the women. There were: they were both female, both tended bar in 2 different places in Midtown.

I was thinking the same thing. In the dark, it would be hard to see. Emma was looking since she had just found Bowie.

Also, Katie was dressed in black. And her hair was dark. It would have been pretty hard to see her in the dark. Yet the guy yelling in the background during Emma's call saw something that shocked him. We don't know what he saw though, do we?

I just heard about this kidnapping and murder and immediately wondered if the two cases could be related. Bartenders in Midtown - both victims. But this woman was found far from Midtown, several miles away, according to 11Alive News, and a suspect is already ID'd. I didn't hear that police know the two cases are unrelated. How would they know that for sure so quickly? Still, a weird similarity.

I just heard about this kidnapping and murder and immediately wondered if the two cases could be related. Bartenders in Midtown - both victims. But this woman was found far from Midtown, several miles away, according to 11Alive News, and a suspect is already ID'd. I didn't hear that police know the two cases are unrelated. How would they know that for sure so quickly? Still, a weird similarity.

The POI in that case (the term APD is using), D.B, is a RSO. Scary.

News List | Atlanta Police Department

Georgia Sex Offender Registry

Channel 2′s Tyisha Fernandes was in southeast Atlanta, where police were investigating two crime scenes. One is the place where the victim was kidnapped. The other is where her body was dumped, less than two miles away.

Friends told Fernandes the victim was shot to death, and that they believe she knew her killer.

BBM

Maybe authorities have reason to believe this was personal? Also the difference in weapon, MO (abduction). Hence not thinking connected to Katie.

Woman found dead after police say she was kidnapped in southeast Atlanta

Also, Katie was dressed in black. And her hair was dark. It would have been pretty hard to see her in the dark. Yet the guy yelling in the background during Emma's call saw something that shocked him. We don't know what he saw though, do we?

The way I’ve been picturing this is bystander hears Emma’s scream and subsequent 911 call. Now bystander is paying a little more attention than a random passerby would who may have missed her. IMO obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice