GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the first link:

The victim and her dog were killed inside the park.

I've assumed they were killed where they were found, but does anyone local know if other areas of the park were searched?
MSM reported that LE returned to the park the following Sat. & did another sweep of the park including divers searching the lake. They removed a fairly large limb w/green leaves on it & were videoed putting it in the back of a van. I have not seen an interview, report etc. of anything that was found or any comment made about the limb.

Homeless loitering is huge in Atlanta. My job has me travel to Midtown 4 to 5 days a week to W. Peachtree & North Avenue..probably 1-1 1/2 miles from Piedmont Park. I see tent cities under the bridges at the downtown connector near the State Capitol, another tent city on the south side of town off of I-75 South next to an old cemetary. There are usually people standing at exit and entrance ramps from/to the city to the connector, people sleeping on sidewalks right next to the street in the middle of the day, or on side streets next to office bldgs. Alot of people just wandering around or hanging around public transportation areas & the like. Also these people rent the electric skooters & bikes & you see them discarded everywhere...on the side of the expressway or even laying in the street. There are 2 units that work w/law enforcement to attempt to help these people. LE even has a '311' number to call to report them.
If there are homeless individuals sleeping at the park on a regular basis, wouldn’t they sadly be much easier targets than a young woman and her pit bull?

If there are homeless individuals sleeping at the park on a regular basis, wouldn’t they sadly be much easier targets than a young woman and her pit bull?
Strong possibility that is happening & not being reported to police. From my personal observation, in the short time I spend in the city during the week, I see alot of people sleeping during the day & maybe mobile & awake at night.

In the press conference linked below, US Attorney Kurt Erskine introduces himself and Assistant Supervisory Agent-in-Charge Philip Wislar. ASAC agents are highly ranked field agents — second only to the Agent-in-Charge. It appears Agent Wislar is based out of Savannah. ATL has its own field office and agents, which leads me to believe that he was specifically assigned to this case for a reason.

Piedmont Park stabbing investigation | Fulton DA, federal officials speak on | 11alive.com

I'm fairly sure that the APD have said that they called the FBI, right? Or that they reached out? It's been so long, my memory is fuzzy. But for the FBI to be on the scene and involved so quickly, there's definitely something out of the ordinary going on. Local LE doesn't usually appreciate having the FBI step in.

Were there any other taped off areas in the park?
I have not noticed anything reported about taped off areas. The evening i went to the vigil There was nothing taped off around the crime scene.
I think the vase of flowers we have seen in some photos were left there the next day. But I’m not certain about that.

I have not noticed anything reported about taped off areas. The evening i went to the vigil There was nothing taped off around the crime scene.
I think the vase of flowers we have seen in some photos were left there the next day. But I’m not certain about that.
Can you show or explain to me where exactly Katie's body was found? and Bowie?

I can try. I do not know for certain only what neighbors were saying at the vigil and some videos/photos from reporters and descriptions from Emma.
Consider this speculation and rumor because it has not been reported on:
There is a photo of a vase of flowers in some news reports. I do not know for certain but think her body was found very close to that vase of flowers.
I am terrible about judging distances. But if you look at a map and see if how far in the restroom is inside the gate her body was about double that distance if that makes any sense. Very near where the road inside the park intersects with a walking path.

This photo was sent to me by someone who lives in the neighborhood. I have no reason to doubt her, but of course this might not be 100% accurate because she is not LE. According to her, the flowers are where Katie's body was found -- allegedly left there, along with a note, by the guy who came upon Emma as she was calling 911.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 107
This photo was sent to me by someone who lives in the neighborhood. I have no reason to doubt her, but of course this might not be 100% accurate because she is not LE. According to her, the flowers are where Katie's body was found -- allegedly left there, along with a note, by the guy who came upon Emma as she was calling 911.
I'd really like to know where the 911 bystander was to have seen the body well enough to have the reaction he did.

Thank you. That is helpful. That gives me a pretty good idea of where she was.

That is farther from the path that I had previously thought. I think it would have been hard to see her. I'm afraid her body would have blended into the ground.

I just received a WSB-TV (Atlanta) news report about a woman found dead. it is the same Chosewood Park story as mentioned above. This is 5 miles away from Piedmont park and the alert says a person of interest had been detained in this kidnapping/murder.

Does not sound at all like it is related to KJ.
Woman found dead after police say she was kidnapped near Grant Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member