GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be anything.... But there are similarities

Both white, female, dark hair, tattoos, LGBTQ+, stabbed to death, exactly 2 weeks apart.

Katie Wednesday July 28th 2021- Atlanta, GA
Brianne Wednesday August 11th 2021 - Springfield, MA

Both cases unsolved so far. Could the killer have fled Atlanta and somehow ended up going there? All speculation, but I find the similarities a little too weird to be coincidental. IMO.

Police investigating after deadly stabbing on Baldwin Street in Springfield

Both white, female, dark hair, tattoos, LGBTQ+, stabbed to death, exactly 2 weeks apart.

Both cases unsolved so far. Could the killer have fled Atlanta and somehow ended up going there? All speculation, but I find the similarities a little too weird to be coincidental. IMO.

Did a quick scan on social
and yeah, definitely points where hers and Katie's Venn Diagram/Gestalt overlap--additionally: dog-loving, true-crime references, social justice.

Def agree ...a little too weird to be coincidental.

Last edited:

Have you called this in? I'm serious.

Interesting, started thread..
MA- Brianne “Brie” Boisselle, 25, found on street w. multiple stab wounds, Springfield, 11 Aug. 2021

Did a quick scan on social
and yeah, definitely points where hers and Katie's Venn Diagram/Gestalt overlap--additionally: dog-loving, true-crime references, social justice.

Def agree ...a little too weird to be coincidental.
I feel this is quite a stretch.
There are probably 20 differences for the several cited.
(Women with tattoos, who like animals, who have a strong interest in progressive causes are probably 10%+ of the U.S. population)

Could be nothing but I'm wondering if Katie was being followed after leaving Henry's. I say this because she crossed to the other side of 10th Street at some point in the very short distance between Henry's and the Rainbow crosswalk. Walking across the street is common if you think someone is following you. Why did she cross the street in that short a distance.

If they were leaving Henry's on the north side to walk directly toward the Charles Allen gate, there was no need for them to cross 10th at any time.

I thought possibly they crossed 10th to swing by Katie's workplace at Campagnola's which is 980 Piedmont, but the restaurant closes at 10:00 pm on weekdays.

I can lose my bearings walking around Google Streetview, so apologies if my north/south get mixed up, but you'll get the idea (opposite sides of the street).

Henry's is on the north side of 10th, as is Caribou Coffee, as is Charles Allen gate, but we see them at the crosswalk crossing from the south side of 10th back onto the north side of 10th toward Caribou Coffee.

Why Katie with a dog when it would be simpler to attack a woman alone without a dog? If you want to steal a pitbull, the goal is to steal, not to kill it. If the dog attacks, you either defend yourself or run, not kill it and disfigure the owner in some horrific fashion. If your goal was to attack a woman, why choose a woman with a reasonably large dog known for it's potential fighting prowess?

I'm considering either a perp with no filters (as in bat doo crazy), or upping your game (from whatever it was before) or possible Omerta style gang initiation.

Forgive me if this has all been discussed before. We don't always get to read all the posts with all the detail.

And sorry, it's late and I may be rambling.

Interesting thoughts, Sillybilly.
From a personal standpoint, if I suspected I was being followed while out on a walk, yes, I’d probably cross the street or change directions to see if the other person did the same. But the last thing I’d do would be to head over to a very large, fairly empty, dark, public park that was closed for the night….especially given that it’s common knowledge that criminal activities goes on in Piedmont Park after dark. For this reason, I don’t think Katie was suspicious of being followed.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't normally put much stock in connecting crimes from different locations, but this is worth following I think. I doubt they are connected, but its worth looking at.

Driving down 10th St often during the day, I can see several reasons Katie would have crossed 10th at Juniper. There is a large pay to park lot behind Henry's & I see quite a few people there just hanging around or sleeping on the ground near the street plus you have to cross a small st that comes from the lot, then there's a fire station, a fence w/blue tarps (construction) & a botox place that looks like it might be pretty dark at night. On the other side of 10th there is a nice residential complex w/security gates & street lamps, then a business, the driveway to rear parking for Campagnola, the mexican restaurant & another restaurant. That side looks like there's more light & fewer places for people to loiter.
I wondered if there weren't things she wanted to avoid on the north side of 10th so she crossed over to the south side. But there is also perhaps a time gap from when she left Henry's until she is seen on the camera crossing the rainbow crosswalk. So I was thinking she must have walked somewhere else after leaving Henrys that took her to the southside of 10th before deciding to head to the park.

I wondered if there weren't things she wanted to avoid on the north side of 10th so she crossed over to the south side. But there is also perhaps a time gap from when she left Henry's until she is seen on the camera crossing the rainbow crosswalk. So I was thinking she must have walked somewhere else after leaving Henrys that took her to the southside of 10th before deciding to head to the park.
Unless the times are wrong. When interviewed Emma was noticeably in shock and never really gave definite times. I believe she was thinking about WHAT she was doing to ref times. She was training someone too so probably not 'watching the clock'. I also keep thinking about LE stating that there are some private cameras that are interfaced w/APD's system. That camera that took the pic of Katie & Bowie is mounted to the roof of that bldg...not on a telephone pole & imo maybe this is a privat cam, the time was an hour off...didn't change to DST. Maybe that's why it's so difficult to find that pic w/a time stamp on it now. Because it was wrong to start with. MOO.

fwiw..
February 12, 2020 by Matthew Rossi.
Security Cameras Must Show Accurate Time for Use in Court
''When using a security camera system to catch criminals it is important to make sure that the correct time is set up. If the time settings are not correct, any recorded footage will have a timestamp that is incorrect and may be inadmissible in a court of law. By following this guide you will be able to ensure your surveillance system keeps the correct time.

Why is it important to have the correct time on security cameras?
Setting the correct time is one of the most important details when setting up a security camera system. Having incorrect settings or leaving it set to the wrong time will lead to a lot of headaches down the road. Security camera footage that shows incorrect time is not admissible in court for prosecution. Playing back recorded video will also be difficult if each camera has a different timestamp. Worst of all, you can overwrite valuable video that’s already been recorded to the hard drive.

It’s also important to have correct timestamps in case police want to check for footage. This is not only true for your home or business but also your neighbors. You can help by providing additional footage of a break-in, vandalism or theft. With correct timestamps the police will have no issues with using your recorded video in an investigation.''

There is no evidence at this point that the attack was a hate crime and as far as we know, a motive has not yet been established, or at least not made public, imo.
Having said that, a couple of things in this article grabbed my attention, fwiw, rbbm.

The Roots Of Homophobia - Inside The Mind Of People Who Hate Gays | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS
''Bias-related violence against homosexuals is believed to be widespread in the United States, with perpetrators typically described by victims as young men in groups who assault targets of convenience . Victim accounts suggest that assailants possess tremendous rage and hatred; indeed, documentation of horrific levels of brutality has led gay activists to characterize the violence as political terrorism aimed at all gay men and lesbians .''

''Similarly, any woman who opposes male dominance and control can be labeled a lesbian and attacked''

''Factor analysis of survey respondents' motivations identified this thrill-seeking motivation as primary for a distinguishable group of assailants. Thrill seekers included both men and women who assaulted out of boredom, the desire for excitement and fun, and the wish to feel strong.''

There is no evidence at this point that the attack was a hate crime and as far as we know, a motive has not yet been established, or at least not made public, imo.
Having said that, a couple of things in this article grabbed my attention, fwiw, rbbm.

The Roots Of Homophobia - Inside The Mind Of People Who Hate Gays | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS
''Bias-related violence against homosexuals is believed to be widespread in the United States, with perpetrators typically described by victims as young men in groups who assault targets of convenience . Victim accounts suggest that assailants possess tremendous rage and hatred; indeed, documentation of horrific levels of brutality has led gay activists to characterize the violence as political terrorism aimed at all gay men and lesbians .''

''Similarly, any woman who opposes male dominance and control can be labeled a lesbian and attacked''

''Factor analysis of survey respondents' motivations identified this thrill-seeking motivation as primary for a distinguishable group of assailants. Thrill seekers included both men and women who assaulted out of boredom, the desire for excitement and fun, and the wish to feel strong.''

I lived in Atlanta for quite some time and walked my dogs at Piedmont Park for years. My daughter and her dog live quite near there, currently. There is no more "gay friendly" community in the country, imo. I moved there from NYC many years ago and was shocked to find that there was a far more open and accepted gay community in the "deep South" then there was in most parts of NYC. Piedmont Park, in particular, was (and presumably still is) a well-established center of the gay community since they tend to have dogs more than kids. Every day that I went to the dog area of the park, there was a majority gay crowd. And that was twenty years ago.

That's not to say there's not a random lesbian-hating psycho out there. But Atlanta, and the Piedmont Park area, in particular, is and has been for many years, known for its huge gay population.

user1123, eerie similarities 0i agree, and I checked, there are two bus lines that I found that go straight from Atlanta to Springfield. Greyhound for about $200 and Peter Pan for around $70. I hope you do call it in.
Unless I'm mistaken Peter Pan only goes as far South as D.C. and Greyhound Atlanta to Springfield requires a transfer.

Could be nothing but I'm wondering if Katie was being followed after leaving Henry's. I say this because she crossed to the other side of 10th Street at some point in the very short distance between Henry's and the Rainbow crosswalk. Walking across the street is common if you think someone is following you. Why did she cross the street in that short a distance.

If they were leaving Henry's on the north side to walk directly toward the Charles Allen gate, there was no need for them to cross 10th at any time.

I thought possibly they crossed 10th to swing by Katie's workplace at Campagnola's which is 980 Piedmont, but the restaurant closes at 10:00 pm on weekdays.

I can lose my bearings walking around Google Streetview, so apologies if my north/south get mixed up, but you'll get the idea (opposite sides of the street).

Henry's is on the north side of 10th, as is Caribou Coffee, as is Charles Allen gate, but we see them at the crosswalk crossing from the south side of 10th back onto the north side of 10th toward Caribou Coffee.

Why Katie with a dog when it would be simpler to attack a woman alone without a dog? If you want to steal a pitbull, the goal is to steal, not to kill it. If the dog attacks, you either defend yourself or run, not kill it and disfigure the owner in some horrific fashion. If your goal was to attack a woman, why choose a woman with a reasonably large dog known for it's potential fighting prowess?

I'm considering either a perp with no filters (as in bat doo crazy), or upping your game (from whatever it was before) or possible Omerta style gang initiation.

Forgive me if this has all been discussed before. We don't always get to read all the posts with all the detail.

And sorry, it's late and I may be rambling.
SillyBilly:
I thought about this as well; the idea that Katie was being followed. I finally decided that I don't think she was, or at least didn't think she was being followed. If she was, I don't think she would have headed to the park. Its dark. She would have likely stayed in lighted areas or went back to Henry's She could have of course been unknowingly followed, but I think we would see a photo of another person and we havent. But it is a bit curious she was on the south side of 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper