GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

I agree that where ever the murderer is he is trying to track the investigation as much as possible.

Do you think it could have been someone who watched Katie over time having seen her at the bar where she worked or maybe where Emma worked?
Possibly, it's so hard to guess. It was such a sudden and blitz attack, which makes me think crime of opportunity by someone with severe rage and emotional problems.

But, Katy had a habit of walking Bowie at night, so if it was planned they would known this and acted accordingly.

JMO

Midtown High School is directly across the street and a few yards down from the Charles Allen Gate.

Is it possible that an aggrieved student spent copious amounts of time in the park while he skipped school/class in the months/year leading up to the murder becoming extremely familiar with the terrain.

Is he one of those kids from a single parent household with a solid connection to neither parents and no humans in general who spent too much time on violent video games then honing his homicidal skills on small living things because it’s the only thing that brings him relief and a sense of aliveness? Is he a loner with above average height and strength who escalated to murder in July of 2021?

Did APD consult with the Admin at Midtown to see who in the year leading up to KJs murder would be voted most likely to do something like this?

(Things I am wondering about today)

Midtown High School is directly across the street and a few yards down from the Charles Allen Gate.

Is it possible that an aggrieved student spent copious amounts of time in the park while he skipped school/class in the months/year leading up to the murder becoming extremely familiar with the terrain.

Is he one of those kids from a single parent household with a solid connection to neither parents and no humans in general who spent too much time on violent video games then honing his homicidal skills on small living things because it’s the only thing that brings him relief and a sense of aliveness? Is he a loner with above average height and strength who escalated to murder in July of 2021?

Did APD consult with the Admin at Midtown to see who in the year leading up to KJs murder would be voted most likely to do something like this?

(Things I am wondering about today)
Any Human Anatomy class students missing the next day?

I assume they’ve looked at that but IMO it’s a long shot that it’s someone that young. Rather it more likely to be someone who’s had time to create a finely tuned sadistic fantasy and engaged in some activities preparing for it, like small animal kills and dissections and even a couple of murders. Katie’s murder is likely not a first sadistic murder. It requires someone who is skilled, enormously grandiose (after all, the murder was committed off the road, he might have been caught half way through). He had confidence and ice water in his veins. Very, very dangerous man, IMO.

I assume they’ve looked at that but IMO it’s a long shot that it’s someone that young. Rather it more likely to be someone who’s had time to create a finely tuned sadistic fantasy and engaged in some activities preparing for it, like small animal kills and dissections and even a couple of murders. Katie’s murder is likely not a first sadistic murder. It requires someone who is skilled, enormously grandiose (after all, the murder was committed off the road, he might have been caught half way through). He had confidence and ice water in his veins. Very, very dangerous man, IMO.
I just can't help but think Jack the Ripper, every time I look at this case. It's very scary to me.

Whether he killed before, I don't know, but I feel certain he'd kill again, if he could. This was fairly high risk to the offender, being out in the open, public place, the presence of a large dog. I agree it's likely someone older than a student, but I don't get the sense it's a seasoned killer, either. The letters bother me... why the double vertical line on the T?

My feeling is he has a distinct history with that particular spot as well.

When we were younger we used the park as a wee-hour-cut-through coming home from bars on Juniper. The park was pretty well populated at that time of night and reports are it still is.

My point is the spot he chose while brazen, is also rare.

There are many points of entry to the park but few areas with that much back to back tree coverage (ie pitch black darkness created by contiguous canopy at night) and few places where he might go unobserved by ppl who while in the park for illegal hookups are not psychotic killers and might have the decency to intervene or report what they saw.

There are many points of entry to the park but few areas with that much back to back tree coverage (ie pitch black darkness created by contiguous canopy at night) and few places where he might go unobserved by ppl who while in the park for illegal hookups are not psychotic killers and might have the decency to intervene or report what they saw.
I have a feeling that the male jogger initially thought that he was seeing an open-air hookup and not a homicidal attack, so he turned around. How horrified he must have been to learn what happened.

I just can't help but think Jack the Ripper, every time I look at this case. It's very scary to me.

Whether he killed before, I don't know, but I feel certain he'd kill again, if he could. This was fairly high risk to the offender, being out in the open, public place, the presence of a large dog. I agree it's likely someone older than a student, but I don't get the sense it's a seasoned killer, either. The letters bother me... why the double vertical line on the T?
It certainly does bring Jack to mind. Such horrific, horrific crimes. I agree that he’ll kill again if he can. It was incredibly high risk. Unbelievably so. It’s really hard to wrap your mind around it. What bothers me a lot is that if it could happen to someone like Katie, it could happen to any one of us. The letters are such a mystery at this point. They may make more sense if APD would release any information, like the FBI criminal profile of this killer.

My feeling is he has a distinct history with that particular spot as well.

When we were younger we used the park as a wee-hour-cut-through coming home from bars on Juniper. The park was pretty well populated at that time of night and reports are it still is.

My point is the spot he chose while brazen, is also rare.

Very interesting observations. Interesting to consider that area where he killed Katie was an area he may have had a particular history with.

I have a feeling that the male jogger initially thought that he was seeing an open-air hookup and not a homicidal attack, so he turned around. How horrified he must have been to learn what happened.

I agree. The location played into the killer's advantage in multiple ways and this was certainly one of them. If you're a law abiding citizen going through a location where you know - whether from seeing it before or by reputation - that "private" or inappropriate things may be happening around you, you are not only less likely to intervene but less likely to be looking very closely at what's going on in the first place. It's a no eye contact zone.

I agree. The location played into the killer's advantage in multiple ways and this was certainly one of them. If you're a law abiding citizen going through a location where you know - whether from seeing it before or by reputation - that "private" or inappropriate things may be happening around you, you are not only less likely to intervene but less likely to be looking very closely at what's going on in the first place. It's a no eye contact zone.
What bothers me about this idea, though, is that Bowie's body was laying right there on the road. KJ's wife said she saw him immediately. Was it a dead dog laying on the road that made the jogger turn around? Or, is it possible the jogger was there before the murder happened? I know that tightens an already tight timeline, but maybe it was a living dog who made the jogger turn around?

What bothers me about this idea, though, is that Bowie's body was laying right there on the road. KJ's wife said she saw him immediately. Was it a dead dog laying on the road that made the jogger turn around? Or, is it possible the jogger was there before the murder happened? I know that tightens an already tight timeline, but maybe it was a living dog who made the jogger turn around?
Like you all, I would LOVE to know what the jogger told police he saw. He jogs in and comes back out in just a few seconds. Why? Even if he just changed his mind and came out, having saw nothing, that is very significant. Because he SHOULD have seen Bowie if he was there. Had the attack not happened yet? Or did he see him and left. That tells us a lot, and of course, what else did he see or hear?

I do agree with Quell and Yemelyen that the location could be significant. Why here? Even at night, there is going to be some foot traffic there. Risky. How long did it take to inflict the injuries to Katie? Bowie I think undoubtedly met his end in seconds. but Katie took some time. Was it a minute, two, five, 10? Was the killer done? or interrupted? I remember either from the autopsy report or Joe Scott Morgan's discussion of cuts to the back of her neck. Was the killer going to try to remove her head and got interrupted? By the jogger? EC? Someone else?

And I would like to know a little more about those moments when EC finds them. Is her arrival captured on the camera? Who was the man she talked to overheard on the 911 call? Who if anyone else did EM see? Where was Katie's phone found? Where was the leash? Soooo many questions.

No way jogger didn’t see Bowie if he was already there, deceased.

Yesterday WAZE took me down Tenth to work. Sitting at traffic Light at Charles Allen and 10th heading west. ATT truck parked just past CA gate inside the park. There was just a few feet on either side til you hit grass. Point is not a huge swath of paved road there. Plus jogger was wearing a headlamp.

This case haunts me to no end.
Justice for Katie and Bowie </3

MOO.

I don’t want this to sound like blaming the victim but anyone in the park at that time was technically not a law abiding citizen. The park was closed. I don’t think it was widely patrolled or enforced, no idea if that changed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back