GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I located my post with the first MSM release Wed 07/28/21 morning attached. IIRC the bike is in that video. Thread #3 pg 22 11/18/2021 msg #429. I am unable to get the video to open or I would re-post it. IIRC the bike was on a downward slope/path. IMO EC entered PP near the top of the hill at a smaller entrance. Across from Argonne Ave NE. This would be the 1st path into PP if you were coming down 10th from Piedmont Ave (rainbow crosswalk) IMO.
That’s interesting because I would think EC would turn north onto Charles Allen Dr from the street they lived on and that she entered PP through the CA & 10th St entrance.

That’s interesting because I would think EC would turn north onto Charles Allen Dr from the street they lived on and that she entered PP through the CA & 10th St entrance.
I've never even considered that route. Definitely a possibility. Now I'm wondering if that was the route KJ & B were taking as well.
JMOO

I've never even considered that route. Definitely a possibility. Now I'm wondering if that was the route KJ & B were taking as well.
JMOO
That’s what I’ve always assumed: that KJ & B entered through the main entrance at CA & 10th St. I was able to view the video you posted with the red bike in it. It seems to me that Bowie was found near the restrooms partly on the grass and partly on the road. That video seems to show the bike just before the restroom which fits EC description of where she saw Bowie and got off her bike. I wasn’t able to tell if that was on a slope or hill as I think that area going into the park is pretty flat, but I’ve never seen it in person, just google map photos. Very interesting video though.

Early on, an article in the AJC
said KJ stopped by Henry’s so she and EC cld go home together.
And EC wasn’t ready just yet so KJ walked around the area and was to circle back to Henry’s so, again, they wld go home together.
I don’t have a link as it’s paywalled but that was def stated in the article.

Subsequently, EC stated that KJ was to meet her back *home;* Which conflicts with the early-days AJC story.

EC rode her bike to PP. @AtlantaBourne your op of the video showed the bike in it.

I have thought it’s remarkable how little folks who worked in those establishments have talked about this case…online, irl etc. It’s like they are all sworn to silence or something. Or freaked theF out or both.

I worked at two different establishments at 10th and Piedmont back in the day and I cldnt imagine any of us staying so mum if one of our own were killed this way (I say one of our own because that area is/was like a gay-bery imo…a little gay small town where everybody knows everybody).

Of course a crime like this hideous scene changes everything.

Justice for Katie and Bowie!

So I was wondering if the jogger guy was looking for a water fountain. So I googled water fountains and Atlanta, and there is a Reddit page that some guy made up, of a map of the water fountains in Atlanta. It looks like there's one at that circle there, right near the gate. So maybe the jogger went up to the water fountain at the circle, took a drink, and went back.

Thank you. I'll see if I can find that. There should be video/photo of her entering the CA gate. I assume APD has that and hasn't released it. How she got there really isn't relevant, I was just curious. I seem to recall she stated that as soon as she entered the gate she saw Bowie.
I believe that picture of Katie crossing the crosswalk is the last known picture of her. That's why it makes sense, that she did not walk thru the CA Gate. I believe my theory makes the most sense. She crossed at the rainbow crosswalk, walked on the north side of 10th Street. And the reason she probably did that, was to give her dog access to the bushes lining 10th Street. Give the dog some nature to enjoy. At some point, she used one of the cut thrus there, to get onto the path in the park that runs very closely parallel to 10th Street. And then walks there to the bathroom area. The other reason this makes sense is, when Katie ran, she did not run out of the park, but into the park. So that must have meant that she was on the north side of the perp.

I believe it's possible, that she on purpose did not go through the Charles Allen gate, because she did not want to be caught on camera. Which might shed light on what she was doing there.

EC probably followed the path that Katie took, as shown on the phone. And of course that makes sense with my theory, the Katie entered the park on one of those cut throughs on 10th Street.

I located my post with the first MSM release Wed 07/28/21 morning attached. IIRC the bike is in that video. Thread #3 pg 22 11/18/2021 msg #429. I am unable to get the video to open or I would re-post it. IIRC the bike was on a downward slope/path. IMO EC entered PP near the top of the hill at a smaller entrance. Across from Argonne Ave NE. This would be the 1st path into PP if you were coming down 10th from Piedmont Ave (rainbow crosswalk) IMO.
I actually meant to reply to your comment above. Yes I believe she walked all or at least part of the way on that path, next to 10th Street in the park. Because she was not caught on camera at Charles Allen gate or they would have released it.

Again let's go through some facts here. Somebody wrote that Katie's house is very close, in the other direction, from the crosswalk. And considering she turned the other direction at the crosswalk, away from her house, she would probably be at least half an hour late getting home. She did not inform her girlfriend that she just saw, that she would be late getting home. She did not text her girlfriend during the walk, that she would be late getting home. She was not even seen going through the camera at Charles Allen gate. Instead she walked at least partially the way, through a closed park, in the middle of the night, by herself. To get to this destination.

Only one explanation really makes sense. And in my opinion, she was meeting somebody there at the bathroom at the Charles Allen Gate at 12:30. And possibly this person even told her, do not tell anybody I'm meeting you, especially not your girlfriend, and do not go through the gate because you will be on camera, walk on the park path instead. I believe there was going to be a short business transaction there. And then Katie was going to leave and go home. Possibly texting her girlfriend after the transaction.

I believe this was a pre-planned meeting. But there was no communication by phone or text. To hide evidence of this meeting. She was possibly walking around for a long time that night, hoping to run into him earlier. But she didn't. So she stuck with the plan to go over there at 12:30. And the perp carried out his plan. He lured her to that destination. It was his attempt to terrorize a whole city.

Edit- So if my theory is correct, who is the perp? Let's speculate. Well he is somebody who appears non-threatening. Because he is somebody that Katie did not have any problem with, meeting alone in a park late night. She trusted him. He is somebody that would come into contact, thru her world, possibly of music and the midtown bar scene. He's probably somebody that knows her girlfriend too, on at least a casual level. So he probably goes to those bars in those areas fairly often. But he probably also does not know her too well, or he would come up more on the radar. And there would also be some text messages and calls to the guy. He's probably not some crazed ogre looking guy. He's probably not too young or too old, and probably closer to her age.

He's probably also someone who has the ability to sell a certain product, which I will not mention here. And there could be a story behind that too.

Last edited:
Unless she was pulled in or maybe was asked for assistance from someone?
Anything is possible, but it's not likely that she would be pulled into assistance in a closed park. Hopefully she was a little more street smart than that. And if she was pulled into assistance at that area, why would she not then leave the park afterwards, instead of continuing on all the way on to the Charles Allen gate.

I believe that picture of Katie crossing the crosswalk is the last known picture of her. That's why it makes sense, that she did not walk thru the CA Gate. I believe my theory makes the most sense. She crossed at the rainbow crosswalk, walked on the north side of 10th Street. And the reason she probably did that, was to give her dog access to the bushes lining 10th Street. Give the dog some nature to enjoy. At some point, she used one of the cut thrus there, to get onto the path in the park that runs very closely parallel to 10th Street. And then walks there to the bathroom area. The other reason this makes sense is, when Katie ran, she did not run out of the park, but into the park. So that must have meant that she was on the north side of the perp.

I believe it's possible, that she on purpose did not go through the Charles Allen gate, because she did not want to be caught on camera. Which might shed light on what she was doing there.
IYO, she ran. As far as I know, your idea of her running is the only time I’ve read it on here. I don’t believe she ran, though none of us know that and haven’t heard that from the APD, and IMO, she was not there for any untoward reasons.

I actually meant to reply to your comment above. Yes I believe she walked all or at least part of the way on that path, next to 10th Street in the park. Because she was not caught on camera at Charles Allen gate or they would have released it.
IMO, the APD would not necessarily release anything that one might expect them to. There’s much we can only speculate on.

Again let's go through some facts here. Somebody wrote that Katie's house is very close, in the other direction, from the crosswalk. And considering she turned the other direction at the crosswalk, away from her house, she would probably be at least half an hour late getting home. She did not inform her girlfriend that she just saw, that she would be late getting home. She did not text her girlfriend during the walk, that she would be late getting home. She was not even seen going through the camera at Charles Allen gate. Instead she walked at least partially the way, through a closed park, in the middle of the night, by herself. To get to this destination.

Only one explanation really makes sense. And in my opinion, she was meeting somebody there at the bathroom at the Charles Allen Gate at 12:30. And possibly this person even told her, do not tell anybody I'm meeting you, especially not your girlfriend, and do not go through the gate because you will be on camera, walk on the park path instead. I believe there was going to be a short business transaction there. And then Katie was going to leave and go home. Possibly texting her girlfriend after the transaction.

I believe this was a pre-planned meeting. But there was no communication by phone or text. To hide evidence of this meeting. She was possibly walking around for a long time that night, hoping to run into him earlier. But she didn't. So she stuck with the plan to go over there at 12:30. And the perp carried out his plan. He lured her to that destination. It was his attempt to terrorize a whole city.

Edit- So if my theory is correct, who is the perp? Let's speculate. Well he is somebody who appears non-threatening. Because he is somebody that Katie did not have any problem with, meeting alone in a park late night. She trusted him. He is somebody that would come into contact, thru her world, possibly of music and the midtown bar scene. He's probably somebody that knows her girlfriend too, on at least a casual level. So he probably goes to those bars in those areas fairly often. But he probably also does not know her too well, or he would come up more on the radar. And there would also be some text messages and calls to the guy. He's probably not some crazed ogre looking guy. He's probably not too young or too old, and probably closer to her age.

He's probably also someone who has the ability to sell a certain product, which I will not mention here. And there could be a story behind that too.
Part of this site is to offer up intelligent theories. It is also where we can formulate educated ideas on a crime. I believe that trying to sculpt Katie into a drug user/buyer or cheater is done in large part by completely ignoring the overwhelming numbers of those who believe that she was a decent, kind and caring human. Not everyone in life has major self-injurious habits and the lies that go with them-in fact and IMO. There are things that happened because as people, we and others such as Katie, change our minds, think differently and act accordingly as the moments sway us. We do not know Many of the steps and actions that played a part in this horrifying loss of a valuable soul. Maybe the police do, maybe not yet. Something excruciating, terrifying, unbelievable and unbearable happened that night to Katie and Bowie and I believe that as life often happens, it was a compilation of a great number of small events that tore up the life of a valued individual who had absolutely no part in causing this to happen aside from being her true self and a champion of human and animal welfare and rights. Her death also tore up the lives of Many friends and family, I firmly believe. This line of thinking is anyone’s prerogative but is not headed in the right direction, I do believe.

Anything is possible, but it's not likely that she would be pulled into assistance in a closed park. Hopefully she was a little more street smart than that. And if she was pulled into assistance at that area, why would she not then leave the park afterwards, instead of continuing on all the way on to the Charles Allen gate.
That a person was asking for assistance could have been the killer’s ruse.

IYO, she ran. As far as I know, your idea of her running is the only time I’ve read it on here. I don’t believe she ran, though none of us know that and haven’t heard that from the APD, and IMO, she was not there for any untoward reasons.
Well I highly doubt that she was just taking a leisurely stroll, after she just saw somebody brutalize her dog. Common sense says she ran, and ran as fast as she could. But unfortunately that guy was faster than she was. And he must have been pretty fit, because she probably got a little bit of a head start too.

Part of this site is to offer up intelligent theories. It is also where we can formulate educated ideas on a crime. I believe that trying to sculpt Katie into a drug user/buyer or cheater is done in large part by completely ignoring the overwhelming numbers of those who believe that she was a decent, kind and caring human. Not everyone in life has major self-injurious habits and the lies that go with them-in fact and IMO. There are things that happened because as people, we and others such as Katie, change our minds, think differently and act accordingly as the moments sway us. We do not know Many of the steps and actions that played a part in this horrifying loss of a valuable soul. Maybe the police do, maybe not yet. Something excruciating, terrifying, unbelievable and unbearable happened that night to Katie and Bowie and I believe that as life often happens, it was a compilation of a great number of small events that tore up the life of a valued individual who had absolutely no part in causing this to happen aside from being her true self and a champion of human and animal welfare and rights. Her death also tore up the lives of Many friends and family, I firmly believe. This line of thinking is anyone’s prerogative but is not headed in the right direction, I do believe.
A lot of people buy drugs and that does not mean they are bad people. We have to look at the facts here, that nobody was alerted to where she was going.

IMO, the APD would not necessarily release anything that one might expect them to. There’s much we can only speculate on.
I believe logic tells you, if she went through the Charles Allen gate the police would have released it. Especially in the beginning. Because they were looking for tips. And any information they could put out about her last movements would help with tips. Plus I thought they said somewhere that the crosswalk was the last picture of her.

That a person was asking for assistance could have been the killer’s ruse.
I mean it's possible. The thing is I think that person would have been caught on camera. Now if he was just hanging around on the park side road or on 10th Street, I mean I don't know what kind of ruse he would try. Like, please help me, I sprained my ankle? Or like, how do I get out of the park, please walk with me and show me? I don't know, I can't think of any ruse that would work in that situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back