Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been reading this thread for a while, off and on. So, the only thing I can think is Kelly got in a fight with his g/f, and took his life. But why would he end up in the water, if he used the gun? He wouldn't need the lake to use his gun.

And we are getting the watered down story. JMHO. Or did someone else have Kelly's gun? Could someone have given his gun to a perpetrator, making it look like Kelly left with the gun instead, or even stolen the gun, but that would not be a stranger.

That's a very good question. We don't even know if the bullet was from his own gun yet. I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion of why they think it was a suicide though. I've tried to consider that scenario many times but it just doesn't make sense to me. If there was a fight, why lie about it unless there is something to hide. Everyone has arguments, it is normal. I feel like Jessica went out of her way to paint a picture of the most seemingly normal night, and then he just decides to walk to the lake at 4am and shoot himself? I don't buy that. Why not just wait until she left for work in 3 hours and do it in the comfort of your warm garage. People don't just commit suicide on a whim. Especially how close he was with his family, seems to me he would have left a note for them or SOMETHING. Not to mention, he was about to graduate from college. Why bother? You are very right though sir, we are only getting a portion of the picture.

“We’re getting a lot of leads about him dealing with bad people,” private investigator TJ Ward said Monday. “Being in a bad part of Buford the day before.”

His cellphone was home — but Ward said he’s recently learned that Nash may have had a second, “throwaway” phone. The P.I., who is conducting an investigating parallel to that of Gwinnett County police, said he’s also reviewing surveillance footage that may show Nash walking past a nearby Citgo station at about 4:20 a.m. on the day of his disappearance.

Also on Sunday, the family announced that it had established a new anonymous tip line. Anyone with information can now call 404-433-6323, a private line not affiliated with law enforcement.

#Information can also be submitted by emailing kellynashmissing@gmail.com or by calling the Gwinnett County police and Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office tip lines — 770-513-5300 and 770-619-6655, respectively.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/jan/12/private-investigator-tips-point-to-missing-buford/

There was no burner phone involved. The call came from his own cellphone. The question is, was it an accidental call or not and were they both at home at the time. Regardless, his cellphone was left at home when he left for the last time.

The 1st quote, by Jersey Girl, is where the burner phone was mentioned.

Oooo yes, my apology, you are right. That is a big clue that I seem to have missed. I wonder what information led him to the conclusion that he had a burner phone. That is odd. Must have been for his job although I don't really know what kind of work he was doing for his dad that would make one necessary. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that it was found in the home. It wa an reiterated over and over that he left his phone and that lead me to believe he had no means of communication. That opens up all kinds of doors.

Oooo yes, my apology, you are right. That is a big clue that I seem to have missed. I wonder what information led him to the conclusion that he had a burner phone. That is odd. Must have been for his job although I don't really know what kind of work he was doing for his dad that would make one necessary. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that it was found in the home. It wa an reiterated over and over that he left his phone and that lead me to believe he had no means of communication. That opens up all kinds of doors.

Yes, I wish there was more info, but the mention of it and then nothing more is what made me wonder if it wasn't *his* burner phone after the PI looked into it more. Which opens doors to wonder why others would have use for one, also. Hmmmm!?!?! ;)

Yes, I wish there was more info, but the mention of it and then nothing more is what made me wonder if it wasn't *his* burner phone after the PI looked into it more. Which opens doors to wonder why others would have use for one, also. Hmmmm!?!?! ;)

So what is your theory as to who the phone belonged? You said in an earlier post that you thought it could have belonged to someone else in the household. The only one there is obviously Jessica. An affair maybe? I don't want to speculate and make unfair accusations. It's just so hard not to imagine every scenerio. I also read that the phone was a rumor according to a few articles. Could have been a tip that was called in or something too. Who knows..

Jessica needs to be looked at more closely, IMO. As in every domestic suspicious death case.

^I know...I'm hoping it means progress is being made in sorting out the facts and that it's just LE :ziplip:

Just to continue to bring through the threads, that discussion of the burner phone was a PI stating RUMORS

Monday morning, as the search for Kelly Nash reached the one-week mark, private eye TJ Ward discussed several components of his investigation.

#
Surveillance footage perhaps showed the 25-year-old walking past a nearby gas station, he said. There were rumors of the missing Buford man having a second “throwaway” phone. There was talk that perhaps Nash had been “in a bad part of Buford the day before” with “bad people.”

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2015/jan/12/private-investigator-tips-point-to-missing-buford/

I'm going to discount the throwaway phone for now until more info, although I'm confused WHY the family PI would state such as :moo: "burner" phones are due to either drugs or an affair, are they not? Yet/Or, someone that lives hand to mouth and cannot afford a normal phone plan and does by minutes, but I'm rejecting that as he had a phone. Both put Kelly in a bad light, so why would the PI hired by Kelly's family release that??? :thinking:

http://crimefeed.com/2015/04/disappeared-georgia-unanswered-questions-kelly-nash-case/
I have read this article before but I just noticed some comments underneath about Jessica's history I haven't heard before. Worth a look if you haven't seen. I was not aware she was married before and her husband was killed. Anyone have any information about this?

I have also read this article before, but not the comments. Thanks for bringing them to light :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is your theory as to who the phone belonged? You said in an earlier post that you thought it could have belonged to someone else in the household. The only one there is obviously Jessica. An affair maybe? I don't want to speculate and make unfair accusations. It's just so hard not to imagine every scenerio. I also read that the phone was a rumor according to a few articles. Could have been a tip that was called in or something too. Who knows..

Yeah, Jessica...I really know nothing about the situation but just throwing out ideas. IF the rumor of a burner phone were true, maybe it was hers.

C

I don't but I sleuthed her right after Kelly went missing and found out quite a lot.

I tried sleuthing her a bit but only found that article about the fight with her aunt and the charges. I missed the one about her husband. Apparently, there's some question in that guys family as to what happened. Is there anything interesting that you've found and would like to share?

I had my wife watch the Disappeared episode without knowing anything else about the case.

I shudder to think of having a tragedy in my life and then making judgments based on a 40-minute docudrama. She's a good read of people, though, and she took a guess about what happened. So here is her wild speculation, with no offense meant to the people involved in the tragedy.

Kelly's two friends interviewed seemed somewhat effeminate or at least not stereotypically masculine. Kelly may have been that way too. He may have been gay, bisexual, or "metro-sexual". His father didn't accept this and encouraged him to do stereotypically masculine things like sports and martial arts. His father encouraged him to have an archetypal feminine girlfriend, resulting in him having a troubled relationship. He was very close to his mom after the divorce and had disagreements with his dad. He was approaching graduation from college, a few years older than is customary for a 4-yr degree. He was scared about going full time in the “real world”, which for him meant working full-time in his dad's small-town construction business and marrying his girlfriend. He felt stuck in this world of a job and relationship he was unhappy with. Still in college at 25, he approached it more like a 20 y/o, not aware of the world of options in life of living in different places with different people. He wasn't getting along with his g/f, so he went and killed himself next in the lake where he grew up into this life, the lake his home and his father's home were located. His g/f and dad feel awful. They saw the warning signs but don't want to admit it. They don't want to think they played a part in making him feel trapped and suicidal.

His dad is very concerned with his imagine. A few times in the video he seemed to be bragging. In the comment on how many hits the search page got, it almost seemed like he was more impressed with his ability to get attention than the possibility of finding his son. It was similar when they mentioned getting the police to break their usual waiting period for acting on a missing person report. He likes being a big fish in a small-town pond. This concern for being a big fish may have pushed Kelly into trying to be more stereotypically masculine and ultimately made him feel trapped and suicidal.

His g/f feels partly responsible. She focuses on the details of where his headphones were, etc, to avoid talking about their troubled relationship. Maybe she chose not to answer her phone when he rang from the other room, and she feels awful she didn't answer it.

This is why they said they checked for the gun "to see if he was armed", ostensibly for if he confronted an intruder, but deep down they checked because they know he was deeply troubled.​

If any of her guesses are right, it's awful he didn't just do something "stupid" like moving to try to live his dream, maybe volunteering at an art studio trying to get a job there while paying the bills with a job at a clothes store... or whatever his dream may have been out side his small town in the South.

I don't pick up on these little human foibles, which is part of why these cases interest me. My wife is more attuned to people, but I wouldn't judge anyone based on our impressions from a docudrama. Our impressions were shaped by how the directors cut the interview footage, so I can't judge anyone involved. It's possible Kelly's father and g/f were very supportive, and something entirely different happened to him.

I had my wife watch the Disappeared episode without knowing anything else about the case.

I shudder to think of having a tragedy in my life and then making judgments based on a 40-minute docudrama. She's a good read of people, though, and she took a guess about what happened. So here is her wild speculation, with no offense meant to the people involved in the tragedy.

Kelly's two friends interviewed seemed somewhat effeminate or at least not stereotypically masculine. Kelly may have been that way too. He may have been gay, bisexual, or "metro-sexual". His father didn't accept this and encouraged him to do stereotypically masculine things like sports and martial arts. His father encouraged him to have an archetypal feminine girlfriend, resulting in him having a troubled relationship. He was very close to his mom after the divorce and had disagreements with his dad. He was approaching graduation from college, a few years older than is customary for a 4-yr degree. He was scared about going full time in the “real world”, which for him meant working full-time in his dad's small-town construction business and marrying his girlfriend. He felt stuck in this world of a job and relationship he was unhappy with. Still in college at 25, he approached it more like a 20 y/o, not aware of the world of options in life of living in different places with different people. He wasn't getting along with his g/f, so he went and killed himself next in the lake where he grew up into this life, the lake his home and his father's home were located. His g/f and dad feel awful. They saw the warning signs but don't want to admit it. They don't want to think they played a part in making him feel trapped and suicidal.

His dad is very concerned with his imagine. A few times in the video he seemed to be bragging. In the comment on how many hits the search page got, it almost seemed like he was more impressed with his ability to get attention than the possibility of finding his son. It was similar when they mentioned getting the police to break their usual waiting period for acting on a missing person report. He likes being a big fish in a small-town pond. This concern for being a big fish may have pushed Kelly into trying to be more stereotypically masculine and ultimately made him feel trapped and suicidal.

His g/f feels partly responsible. She focuses on the details of where his headphones were, etc, to avoid talking about their troubled relationship. Maybe she chose not to answer her phone when he rang from the other room, and she feels awful she didn't answer it.

This is why they said they checked for the gun "to see if he was armed", ostensibly for if he confronted an intruder, but deep down they checked because they know he was deeply troubled.​

If any of her guesses are right, it's awful he didn't just do something "stupid" like moving to try to live his dream, maybe volunteering at an art studio trying to get a job there while paying the bills with a job at a clothes store... or whatever his dream may have been out side his small town in the South.

I don't pick up on these little human foibles, which is part of why these cases interest me. My wife is more attuned to people, but I wouldn't judge anyone based on our impressions from a docudrama. Our impressions were shaped by how the directors cut the interview footage, so I can't judge anyone involved. It's possible Kelly's father and g/f were very supportive, and something entirely different happened to him.

This seems to be as good a possibility as any!

I noticed in the recent pictures of Kelly that he looks so much older than 25. Was there something else going on (stress??). He just seems so young and healthy in the older pics, but maybe run down and older in some of the newer ones, thoughts anyone?

The longer it takes to get answers, the more I'm convinced it was murder. Wouldn't they have ruled it a suicide a long time ago? The need for this long of an investigation says a lot in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back