GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my heart breaks for Kendricks family. How does this type thing happen. Kendrick went to school one day and was never to go home again. I find his death very hinky. imoo

The family's lawyer does not agree with you.

"In addition to suspicions of a coverup, the family's lawyer has also raised civil rights concerns, questioning whether officials in the predominantly white county took the investigation of an African-American teenager's death seriously enough. Authorities say they did."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/justice/georgia-gym-mat-death/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

Thats okay.. He has a different agenda. I don't think it has anything to do with civil rights. I think it has to do with a bad investigation and inept officials.. JMO

The family's lawyer does not agree with you.

"In addition to suspicions of a coverup, the family's lawyer has also raised civil rights concerns, questioning whether officials in the predominantly white county took the investigation of an African-American teenager's death seriously enough. Authorities say they did."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/justice/georgia-gym-mat-death/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

and don't forget the accusations of murder, the suggestion that a white kid was involved and the presence of the black panthers. Why are they there again?

jmo

I think we should just stick with the facts as we are presented them and leave the civil rights talk for now unless it really does become part of the case. If there is a case for it the Feds will find it.

I think we should just stick with the facts as we are presented them and leave the civil rights talk for now unless it really does become part of the case. If there is a case for it the Feds will find it.

It already is a part of this case. Why else hire a civil rights attorney?

"Johnson’s parents have hired civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump, who also represented the family of slain teenager Trayvon Martin."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...s-death-of-georgia-teen-kendrick-johnson?lite

and don't forget the accusations of murder, the suggestion that a white kid was involved and the presence of the black panthers. Why are they there again?

jmo

So if they suggested a black kid may be responsible, you'd be fine with it? Not understanding what you are getting at.

It already is a part of this case. Why else hire a civil rights attorney?

"Johnson’s parents have hired civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump, who also represented the family of slain teenager Trayvon Martin."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...s-death-of-georgia-teen-kendrick-johnson?lite

I don't think it is. Just because people say something or think something does not make it so. I think they are in pain and feel like no one is taking this horrible death seriously and are just trying to cover all their bases. They seem like normal grieving parents. Sadly sometimes Lawyers just can make it worse.

I think that it needs to be investigated better and it looks like now that is finally going to happen.

I feel horrible for them. And if there are civil rights violations I hope they are indeed uncovered and dealt with. But at this point I don't see it.

I realize that you are new to the case, but in the beginning the family was making comparisons to Emmett Till. Their FB page even had a picture of Till next to KJ. I haven't heard the comparison lately but presumably that's because someone they trusted explained the effect livor mortis would have on a body in an inverted position. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I realize that you are new to the case, but in the beginning the family was making comparisons to Emmett Till. Their FB page even had a picture of Till next to KJ. I haven't heard the comparison lately but presumably that's because someone they trusted explained the effect livor mortis would have on a body in an inverted position. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Im not new to the case, Just new to posting on this thread. I have been following it for awhile.

I can understand the thought process. I can understand that to them it must feel this way, And I can understand that it may be a claim, It just does not make it so. And as a rule I think WS likes us to be very careful about talking about these issues without real cause.

I think the video being shown on CNN is a loop. It shows kids playing basketball not too long before KJ runs into the gym. At the moment he runs in the boys may have been on the other side of the basketball court or had left. I think CNN is running it on a consistent loop- boys playing - KJ runs past - back to boys playing. Makes it confusing as to what is actually going on in the gym when KJ runs past the camera

But there were no kids playing basketball when KJ entered. Only KJ and the other child walked in. KJ was seen at 1:09 and the group of players were seen around 1:25 IIRC. I find it really odd there are no time stamps on CTV video.

If the video were on a loop, they would have started the loop with KJ entering the gym first. Besides, you have to listen to the AC and the reporter talking about how there were kids in the gym when he entered. There were not. It's spin.

Why? I see nothing in this case about civil rights violation. Nothing.

Isn't Benjamin Crump involved? He's a civil rights attorney right?

Sorry GXM.
I was catching up and didn't see your post before I posted.

Im not new to the case, Just new to posting on this thread. I have been following it for awhile.

I can understand the thought process. I can understand that to them it must feel this way, And I can understand that it may be a claim, It just does not make it so. And as a rule I think WS likes us to be very careful about talking about these issues without real cause.

The family has treated this as a civil rights case from the start. They initially claimed that KJ was viciously beaten (mistaking the livor mortis for evidence of an attack) and that his brutal murder was being covered up by local LE and GBI. That is a fact. If you have been following this case then you already know that. We can't rewind and undo the initial claims of the family even if the second autopsy didn't support them. JMO. OMO. MOO.

From the RIP Kendrick Johnson FB page:

On Aug. 31, 1955 Emmett Till (Top) was beaten & murdered (foul play involved)... That is what he look like 3 day's after he was found.... Kendrick Johnson (Bottom) looks the same as Emmett Till 2 days after he was found (On Jan. 11, 2013) deceased at Lowndes High School, but the Sheriff say that no foul play was involved...THE DEVIL IS A LIE!!!...The Johnson family needs the TRUTH AND JUSTICE!!!

https://www.facebook.com/RipKendrickJohnson

But there were no kids playing basketball when KJ entered. Only KJ and the other child walked in. KJ was seen at 1:09 and the group of players were seen around 1:25 IIRC. I find it really odd there are no time stamps on CTV video.

If the video were on a loop, they would have started the loop with KJ entering the gym first. Besides, you have to listen to the AC and the reporter talking about how there were kids in the gym when he entered. There were not. It's spin.

The MSM, as usual, fabricating fiction instead of reporting news. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Finally an article without spin. Reporting on exactly what was said today.
A federal prosecutor said Thursday that he is conducting a formal review of facts and evidence in the death of a teenager whose body was found inside a rolled-up wrestling mat in his high school gym.

U.S. Attorney Michael Moore said that if he uncovers sufficient evidence to warrant a criminal or civil rights investigation into the death of Kendrick Johnson he will ask the FBI to conduct it.

This attorney (below) would have been King, Crump came on in October.
An attorney for Johnson's parents said in September that the autopsy's findings had been sent to local authorities and to Moore, as well as to the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department.

I want answers too. I've been back and forth on this one. There are a lot of unanswered questions and the family has a right to the answers.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards accident. But that could change depending on new info.

This case is odd to say the least.

I just hope when the answers are found, people can accept them. I just hope the activists' hype doesn't blind people to the facts if it was in fact an accident.

We should all want the truth. Even if it doesn't fit our theories.

JMO

In a small town there can be lots of rumor that can over rule facts when people get carried away.

From my understanding, there were already people in the community that felt as though their civil rights were being violated. There was already tension with law enforcement. Then this happened with Kendrick. A lot of speculation/rumor was going around that a kid related to someone in LE killed Kendrick. I haven't seen anything but rumor to support this. Rumor started because LE is not trusted and therefore, there must be a cover up of something bigger. Then they mentioned that Kendrick was dating a white girl and that could be a motive. Then they started bringing up past crimes as far back as Emmett Till. Emmett Till - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All this has ended up causing further division in the community and distracted IMO from the family getting answers and peace. I don't know if it started with attorneys or what, but it's definitely had an impact on the case and the community.

I just feel like he had help getting in there. My head first means more head down than logistically only head first.

It makes me feel someone else was there...

" Go ahead.. Ill help you.. Just reach for it.. "
They were holding his feet and when he became lodged maybe they tried to pull him out hence the shoes being thrown down on him... and left like that..

I don't know if I feel it was deliberate yet, But I feel like someone else was there.

..and they didn't call for help because....?

In a small town there can be lots of rumor that can over rule facts when people get carried away.

From my understanding, there were already people in the community that felt as though their civil rights were being violated. There was already tension with law enforcement. Then this happened with Kendrick. A lot of speculation/rumor was going around that a kid related to someone in LE killed Kendrick. I haven't seen anything but rumor to support this. Rumor started because LE is not trusted and therefore, there must be a cover up of something bigger. Then they mentioned that Kendrick was dating a white girl and that could be a motive. Then they started bringing up past crimes as far back as Emmett Till. Emmett Till - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All this has ended up causing further division in the community and distracted IMO from the family getting answers and peace. I don't know if it started with attorneys or what, but it's definitely had an impact on the case and the community.

Sometimes there is truth some in rumors, sometimes not.

If there was a cover-up... Many people, myself included will not be shocked. It's happened far too many times before.
I just hope a definitive answer without doubt can be reached. For everyone's sake.
I do hope it was a tragic accident, but I still have very troubling doubt. I can't even imagine his parents pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..and they didn't call for help because....?

I have no idea. That is the point, right? We just don't know. I am not sure at this point if this was someone who lured him in and left him there, or something happened and they panicked and left him there but one thing It seems is clear is that he was not there alone. Someone put his shoes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop