GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you - I just want the truth too. At first, when I first read this story, I thought the family was off-base and not willing to accept that an accident happened to their beloved son. As time has gone on, though, it's really hard for me to believe he could fall head first into something so tightly rolled.

This seems to be one of those cases where the local LE - and we've all seen this happen - decides for some unknown reason not to follow up on a suspicious death. I don't think it's any real conspiracy - but rather, ignorance and laziness that was then followed up by stubbornness.

After careful thought I just don't see him being in that position by pure accident.

Yeah I hear what you are saying. So many questions.

I agree with you - I just want the truth too. At first, when I first read this story, I thought the family was off-base and not willing to accept that an accident happened to their beloved son. As time has gone on, though, it's really hard for me to believe he could fall head first into something so tightly rolled.

This seems to be one of those cases where the local LE - and we've all seen this happen - decides for some unknown reason not to follow up on a suspicious death. I don't think it's any real conspiracy - but rather, ignorance and laziness that was then followed up by stubbornness.

After careful thought I just don't see him being in that position by pure accident.

BBM.

They called GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) almost immediately.

"Law-enforcement and medical personnel were dispatched at about 10:30 a.m., and school was locked down at approximately 11 a.m. Shortly after, the LCSO requested backup and additional technicians from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation."

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x6223544/Timeline-of-a-tragedy/

I agree with everything... I truly hope it was laziness and not something more sinister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gut feeling is that there was either some bullying or even misguided "joking around" that went horribly wrong. I think the SD did a sloppy investigation and that both they and the school went into CYA mode which is now resulting in the conflicting information about mat positions, edited videos, blood stains, sneakers, etc.

Too many lies out there and they are derailing one another.....:twocents:

I should have scrolled back first.....would have saved me that last post.

Ditto what you said! ^:seeya:

This ^ link....it absolutely does NOT show KJ entering first. It shows kids already there, playing ball, then KJ darts through. I had never seen that until you posted it. But you keep saying it shows something different....please click on your link and watch it.

ok....

His shoes could have come off while he was struggling to get out, or they could have fallen in after him.

His shoes outside the mat would not have caused suspicion, it was a gym and there were other shoes lying around...so I'm not sure why the killer would think to throw them in on top of KJ.

Like I've said before, if it was not his habit to do exactly what he did that day, I'd find it more suspicious, but this was his habit...the only exception being the mats were upright and not lying down as they would normally be, when he went to retrieve his shoes.

JMO

Maybe But I doubt it. I just feel like there is more to this than him struggling and them falling off.
I think that the killer if there is one would indeed throw them on top so that they would not be found quickly and so he was not seen with them and so they could not be linked to him later. That all makes sense to me.

It just feels wrong. It may be an accident but it does not feel that way. Certainly not with the investigation that has happened so far.

Why hasn't law enforcement done a reenactment video?

I would love to see someone do a reenactment video more detailed than the one that was posted. One that has the same type mat, with the same size opening and a person the same size as Kendrick.

For me, the more I thought about, the less sense it made that someone put KJ in the mat. For one thing, there's just not enough time. And then there's the fact that KJ was a 17-year old athlete, not a skinny 13-year old nerd. I don't see how one person could subdue him, pick the struggling athlete up and place him on top of the mats, and then shove him down into a center mat. It makes more sense that KJ entered the mat voluntarily. IMO, the only person who could have got KJ into that position was KJ. And if someone was with him, IMO they would have called for help. KJ was handsome and well-liked, I just can't see anyone leaving him there especially when no one is seen with him (with him, not standing by him or walking in front of him) in any of the video. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I would love to see someone do a reenactment video more detailed than the one that was posted. One that has the same type mat, with the same size opening and a person the same size as Kendrick.

Someone trying to reach for a sneaker too... Not just trying to squeeze in.

I said this once before and this is the last time I'm going to say it.

BACK OFF THE PARENTS here. BACK OFF. They are considered victims, victims of the senseless death of their son. And dying in a rolled up wrestling mat doesn't make any sense. Maybe it was an accident, but these parents deserve to know that for sure and they have every right to do WHATEVER is necessary to make that happen.

If this were your child - we would certainly support your quest for answers.

Salem

For me, the more I thought about, the less sense it made that someone put KJ in the mat. For one thing, there's just not enough time. And then there's the fact that KJ was a 17-year old athlete, not a skinny 13-year old nerd. I don't see how one person could subdue him, pick the struggling athlete up and place him on top of the mats, and then shove him down into a center mat. It makes more sense that KJ entered the mat voluntarily. IMO, the only person who could have got KJ into that position was KJ. And if someone was with him, IMO they would have called for help. KJ was handsome and well-liked, I just can't see anyone leaving him there especially when no one is seen with him (with him, not standing by him or walking in front of him) in any of the video. JMO. OMO. MOO.

If he received a deadly blow to the neck.. There would be no struggle.

I think it was more he was lured up there. He was lured up there maybe because that person threw the sneaker in there in the first place for him to get. He convinces Kendrick to go down for it and Tells Kendrick he will help him but never does..

Or it could have been someone trying to help him, but why they would not run for help I will never know.

It is not logical that anyone would look down the tube of rolled mat and think they could get down there and get it and get out. Not head first. There is no way.

If someone offered to spot him, then walked away...I see that as a possibility too

I said this once before and this is the last time I'm going to say it.

BACK OFF THE PARENTS here. BACK OFF. They are considered victims, victims of the senseless death of their son. And dying in a rolled up wrestling mat doesn't make any sense. Maybe it was an accident, but these parents deserve to know that for sure and they have every right to do WHATEVER is necessary to make that happen.

If this were your child - we would certainly support your quest for answers.

Salem

If it were my child, I would need a lot more than several conflicting stories, yet all of them telling me "nothing to see here". :(.

Thank you.

If he received a deadly blow to the neck.. There would be no struggle.

Trying to shove an unconscious, strapping 17-year old head first into the mat would be near impossible… much more unlikely than the athlete getting into the mat on his own volition. Besides, the livor mortis shows that KJ's body was not moved and that he died in the inverted position.

Thanks! I'm guessing you just posted the wrong link, but it was getting super confusing for me. And I will bet for some other posters, too! :seeya:

I posted the correct one twice, as did gxm once. Maybe you just missed them :loveyou:

Trying to shove an unconscious, strapping 17-year old head first into the mat would be near impossible… much more unlikely than the athlete getting into the mat on his own volition. Besides, the livor mortis shows that KJ's body was not moved and that he died in the inverted position.

Are there no other entrances? No direct access to the locker rooms? Everyone must enter and exit through those doors????

If someone offered to spot him, then walked away...I see that as a possibility too

But why would the person walk away, unless they got called away or were late to class? Still, the video shows him going in alone. I just don't see foul play here. Either way, it's still an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan