Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here :(

From the moment I read the details of the case, I had a hard time with it being an accident.

See, and I'm the complete opposite. The facts point to accident, and nothing at all points to foul play. Not one thing. Fascinating how we can all look at the same thing and see different scenarios.

Sorry, It was neck.. That was a mistake while typing.. sorry..

Still it means that was hit in his neck. Or choked, or strong armed.

It just can not be ignored. IT is part of this case.
The point is, the way his face looks in the picture (post-autopsy?), has nothing to do with his cause of death, his face looks that way as a result of his death.

The second autopsy doesn't say "choked" or "strong armed", it says "non accidental blunt force trauma to his right neck.

"People dying natural deaths often have minor blunt force injuries that do not contribute to death -- small abrasions or contusions on the skin are commonplace at autopsy. Although it is important to document evidence of blunt force trauma in all autopsies, one should not immediately assume that blunt force trauma is the cause of death."

Procedure to determine blunt force trauma neck injury.

GBI did the above referenced special dissection to determine blunt force trauma. Anderson did not. GBI found no blunt force trauma.

JMO

I have to look for it again but last week I saw a YouTube video demo of a 6 foot boy rolled up into a similar gym mat and placed upside down. The demo was to show how he could fit - he couldn't get out and how no one would be able to hear the screams at all . That gym that they did the demonstration on was quiet. You couldn't hear one thing. Imagine if it was a gym in use.! I could see that if he were placed in side ( injured or not) no one would hear him. Horrible. But what it also easily showed was it was easy easy to roll the student up and tip him upside down.
I do think it's more than possible as a prank or an easy solution too for someone to turn to if say he was jumped attacked and or immediately collapsed to Roll him up and scram. Pile a few more on too.

Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is, the way his face looks in the picture (post-autopsy?), has nothing to do with his cause of death, his face looks that way as a result of his death.

The second autopsy doesn't say "choked" or "strong armed", it says "non accidental blunt force trauma to his right neck.

"People dying natural deaths often have minor blunt force injuries that do not contribute to death -- small abrasions or contusions on the skin are commonplace at autopsy. Although it is important to document evidence of blunt force trauma in all autopsies, one should not immediately assume that blunt force trauma is the cause of death."

Procedure to determine blunt force trauma neck injury.

GBI did the above referenced special dissection to determine blunt force trauma. Anderson did not. GBI found no blunt force trauma.

JMO

I don't think the picture of his face has anything to do with his death. I do believe the Pathologist finding bruising on his neck does. Blunt force trauma can happen in many ways. It is there. It does not belong there. He was injured. If he went down into the mat to retrieve the shoe on his own, How would he have trauma to the neck? However if someone was holding him down there, fighting with him, That is an explanation of that injury.

One that holds water for me.

From your link:

Attorneys say a Georgia Superior Court judge told them he wants to know what federal authorities discover before deciding whether to order a coroner's inquest into the death of a Valdosta teenager found inside a rolled-up wrestling mat at school.

Crump says he plans to appeal the judge's decision to wait.

"Until we get the answers of not only who killed Kendrick Johnson but why people are trying to cover for those individuals, we won't stop," said Crump outside of his office in Tallahassee. He added that they welcomed the U.S. attorney's investigation.

I do think there was enough time to roll KJ in a mat yes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a rare individual who is brave enough to risk being caught rolling a dead kid into a mat in a high school gym where any of the hundreds of students, milling around during a school day, could walk through at any time. Then there are the security cameras everywhere. How would he explain what he was doing?

I think if a kid did this, he would have just left KJ's body where he dropped him - he could have been ten minutes further away by leaving him there.

JMO

I think this is a big mistake. It should be looked into fully and completely and now..

All ME/Coroner inquests in GA cannot be performed until all investigations are completed. Just read this yesterday but I'd have to find it again. So, JMO until I do.
Edited to add above referenced article:

§ 45-16-37. No coroner’s jury impaneled until investigation complete; jury not required to view body

No coroner’s jury shall be impaneled until the investigation is completed and copies of the reports of the medical examiner and the peace officer in charge are received by the coroner. The jury is not required to view the body.

I could be reading this wrong, if anyone knows, I'm more than open to their interpretation.

All ME/Coroner inquests in GA cannot be performed until all investigations are completed. Just read this yesterday but I'd have to find it again. So, JMO until I do.
Edited to add above referenced article:

I could be reading this wrong, if anyone knows, I'm more than open to their interpretation.

Then why did it need to be decided.. It sounds to me as if it was up to Judges discretion. Something happened to this boy. We need to find out exactly what. and soon.

Then why did it need to be decided.. It sounds to me as if it was up to Judges discretion. Something happened to this boy. We need to find out exactly what. and soon.

BBM

My guess, public pressure.

It's a rare individual who is brave enough to risk being caught rolling a dead kid into a mat in a high school gym where any of the hundreds of students, milling around during a school day, could walk through at any time. Then there are the security cameras everywhere. How would he explain what he was doing?

I think if a kid did this, he would have just left KJ's body where he dropped him - he could have been ten minutes further away by leaving him there.

JMO

Many bullies have beaten and/or killed another kid on video-they did NOT care if they were caught or assumed there wasn't a camera around.
That's just not a valid reason to me.

I was going by what was written here:

I must have misread the meaning.

That picture is horrific but I did not believe that was due to injury but to the way he was left in death.

I have seen many a dead body in searching about cases, I know the gruesome state the body can end up in. I believe that the facial distortion is due to manner of death and positioning. Cause of death is another issue for me.

Many bullies have beaten and/or killed another kid on video-they did NOT care if they were caught or assumed there wasn't a camera around.
That's just not a valid reason to me.
Interesting, I didn't realize this was a common thing with bullies. Would you have any examples of this happening (murder and hiding the body), in the middle of a school day on school grounds where students are coming and going into the place where the beating/murder occurred? Thanks.

Interesting, I didn't realize this was a common thing with bullies. Would you have any examples of this happening (murder and hiding the body), in the middle of a school day on school grounds where students are coming and going into the place where the beating/murder occurred? Thanks.

Since the crime is not common, It would not be easy to find common crimes with video surveillance however, If you google bullies on buses or schools, You will find a plethora of videos of bullies who did not care they were on camera when they assaulted someone.

Beatings and murder yes, not hiding the body, but that does not mean it did not happen in this case.

[modsnip]
This case needs further investigation by professional and experts. The family deserves the truth.

[video=youtube;ykMO2meJKj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMO2meJKj4[/video]

Here is the video i mentioned. Two kids easily lift the mat in a vertical position.
You can't hear a thing. I find the video really eery actually. Thinking about how someone could be screaming for help or dying like that and conceivably no one would hear them. Is it an accident or a perfect crime? :-(
If that is what happened in a case of bullying, act of vengeance, or a prank gone wrong I find it very easy to believe people would :-X have a lot of stories, no answers, difficulty remembering and lots of technical difficulties.

Since the crime is not common, It would not be easy to find common crimes with video surveillance however, If you google bullies on buses or schools, You will find a plethora of videos of bullies who did not care they were on camera when they assaulted someone.

The bullies who don't care that they are on camera beating someone up would not hide the body......because...they don't care.

It is too common to find bullies beating up kids on a school bus, or any bus for that matter...but it's not the same thing - not the same mind set of someone who would go to a great deal of trouble to set someone up to be killed, and then take calculated risks to hide the body. All the while this individual must be certain that the powers that be will cover for him, just in case no one believes it was an accident.

Even in the Danziger case the kid waited until school was out and then killed the teacher in the one area he knew would not have cameras, inside the bathroom. He didn't kill her in the classroom, even when all the kids had gone home, it was too risky.

(flag reads "Ocam's Razor") :truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members