GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the second autopsy said there was injury not consistent with positioning.. That there was bruising to his face.

I think that picture shows just how horrid the death was. If it was a murder, or manslaughter all the more horrific.

The print is awfully small, so I could be missing it, but please, where does the second autopsy state "bruising" to the "face".

I searched for this after listening to an old Tricia's True Crime Radio with C. wecht re. the jon benet Ramsey case. It made me think of KJ>
So I did a little more research on Penetrating neck trauma

http://www.utmb.edu/otoref/grnds/pen-neck-trauma-9901/pen-neck-trauma.pdf

was that Kendrick's physical science book?
Whose was it?
could that have been used to hit or knock him out?

damage to this area produces
blood, vomiting and death
Let's say, for arguments sake, that KJ was killed by a blow to his neck, then what happened? After walking into the gym, unseen by gym surveillance cameras, the killer has approximately 8 minutes (giving a minimum of two minutes for greeting/words, and then the karate chop), to dispose of KJ's body. He would have to carry dead weight onto 6' high mats, remove KJ's shoes, throw both the shoes he was wearing, strategically placed (black and white at his head), and then stuff his body into the rolled mat throwing the Griffins in after KJ. The shoes being placed inside to make it look like KJ was going after his shoes and thus, making the murder appear to be an accident.

The other scenario would be to pull down 20 or so mats, take down the blue mat, unroll it on the gym floor, wrap KJ's body into the mat, putting the black and white shoes at his head, removing the Griffins and placing them at his feet. The perp would then right the mat vertically, prop it against the wall and then stack the other 20 or so mats back into their vertical positions. The perp would then walk out of the gym unseen by the gym cameras. All in approximately 8 minutes.

Does that sound feasible?

I do think there was enough time to roll KJ in a mat yes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The print is awfully small, so I could be missing it, but please, where does the second autopsy state "bruising" to the "face".

Sorry, It was neck.. That was a mistake while typing.. sorry..

Still it means that was hit in his neck. Or choked, or strong armed.

It just can not be ignored. IT is part of this case.

I feel sad that this forum appears to be a victim bashing forum. Too bad that everyone seems to have decided what happened that day! It worries me when school districts also take sides against victims whose stories put their communities in a potentially bad light.as a parent and teacher (almost 30 years) we have seen it in many cases here too. Damage control.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/23890465/more-surveillance-video-to-be-released-in-georgia-gym-mat-death

The camera aimed in the general direction of where Kendrick Johnson was found dead in a rolled-up gym mat in January did not record how his body ended up there because the device was motion activated and the mat was out of its range, a sheriff's investigator told NBC News.

On Wednesday, video from that camera and about 31 others at Lowndes High School in Valdosta, Ga., is expected to be released to Johnson's parents and the media.

For months, the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office said that Johnson's death was not visible from any of the school's cameras.

But on Tuesday, Lt. Stryde Jones told NBC News that was because the camera was motion activated and whatever happened to the 17-year-old would have occurred on the other side of the gym.

The very brief portion that had been previously released showed Johnson entering the gym. But what happened next remains a mystery.

Jones said he did not know the exact range of the device.

BBM

I wonder who else knew the range though. I wonder who else was aware of the cameras and their capability. It seems to me if it was a pure accident it would have been caught somehow, That it all happened just out of range of the cameras, Is suspicious to me.

Let's say, for arguments sake, that KJ was killed by a blow to his neck, then what happened? After walking into the gym, unseen by gym surveillance cameras, the killer has approximately 8 minutes (giving a minimum of two minutes for greeting/words, and then the karate chop), to dispose of KJ's body. He would have to carry dead weight onto 6' high mats, remove KJ's shoes, throw both the shoes he was wearing, strategically placed (black and white at his head), and then stuff his body into the rolled mat throwing the Griffins in after KJ. The shoes being placed inside to make it look like KJ was going after his shoes and thus, making the murder appear to be an accident.

The other scenario would be to pull down 20 or so mats, take down the blue mat, unroll it on the gym floor, wrap KJ's body into the mat, putting the black and white shoes at his head, removing the Griffins and placing them at his feet. The perp would then right the mat vertically, prop it against the wall and then stack the other 20 or so mats back into their vertical positions. The perp would then walk out of the gym unseen by the gym cameras. All in approximately 8 minutes.

Two or more kids could lift him, yes it's possible.

I feel sad that this forum appears to be a victim bashing forum. Too bad that everyone seems to have decided what happened that day! It worries me when school districts also take sides against victims whose stories put their communities in a potentially bad light.as a parent and teacher (almost 30 years) we have seen it in many cases here too. Damage control.

It is NOT a victim bashing forum. There are two basic theories here - 1) it was an accident; and 2) it was foul play. The goal is to explore the possibilities of BOTH, without beating up on each other or insisting that your view is the only RIGHT view.

If there is victim bashing, please alert the post and the mods will look at it. This is a very strange cause of death and it should be fully investigated on all fronts.

Salem

[modsnip].
KJ seemed like a nice kid too.
[modsnip]. :(

The school, sheriff all OWE his parents answers and not evasive attitude.
That town seems to have a good old boy system and yes, racist attitudes that they don't owe them ****. Disrespectful to throw out his organs and stuff him with newspapers like garbage.
I really am heartbroken for his parents.

Maybe KJ was on top of the mats looking for his shoes when the other person approached. So a short fight ensues, KJ gets hurts and the other person freaks out and pushes him in the mat and then gets the heck out of there. Or maybe the other person just blends in when the kids start coming in and then heads to the locker room.

Not impossible. Probable is another question and that's a bit harder to determine given the size of KJ's shoulders versus the mat opening and other facts in the case.

Salem

Screenshot at 0:27: Why, I wonder, is there a square of this photo blurred out? Probably nothing, but strange all the same.

Attachments

• kendrick's hands.png
    kendrick's hands.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 45
Nice family photo in this article. Jmo
131106071927_johnsonfamily1106.jpg

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/311979/40/More-video-to-be-released-in-Kendrick-Johnsons-death

Regarding the 'blurred' photo, maybe one of the cameras shooting the photo of the photo of the photo had some goop on it in that spot. More interesting to me is the rest of that CNN video report which raises a question about the location of the two notebooks.

Which arm was extended above his head? Was it the same side as the bruise on his neck?

Could he have lost his grip, slid down the mat, his extended hand hit the ground, driving his arm and shoulder up into his neck?

Just a thought on how the incident could have been foul play.

KJ walks into the gym to change shoes but now the mats are vertical so he can't reach in as he had before when they were laying down horizontal. He knows he has 7 minutes between classes so he has to hurry. He could have asked a kid(s) for help or they might have offered. What if another kid says he will pull KJ back up but kicks him in the neck instead then drops him down into the mat? Or a 2nd kid kicks/punches him in the neck and the kid "helping" drops him down into the mat.

In this scenario, he would already be in position to go head first into the mat so there would be no question of how they stuffed him into the mat.

Just a thought on how the incident could have been foul play.

KJ walks into the gym to change shoes but now the mats are vertical so he can't reach in as he had before when they were laying down horizontal. He knows he has 7 minutes between classes so he has to hurry. He could have asked a kid(s) for help or they might have offered. What if another kid says he will pull KJ back up but kicks him in the neck instead then drops him down into the mat? Or a 2nd kid kicks/punches him in the neck and the kid "helping" drops him down into the mat.

In this scenario, he would already be in position to go head first into the mat so there would be no question of how they stuffed him into the mat.

I can think of a lot of foul play scenarios.. Just not so much for the accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member