GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM

IIRC, it was a poster here who said it was torn down, but I have seen nothing linked to prove or disprove that information.

Oh. Ok. Thanks.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Mr. Johnson tried to claim the sweatshirt was Kendricks, but I can't find it, does anyone else recall reading this? If not, my bad - too little sleep and not enough coffee.

I remember this too. I think it was in some linked article.

I hadn't seen this document.

I noticed a couple of buccal swabs were taken and the names were whited out.

It looks like this is a compilation of evidence forms. I see on page 6 it shows that "Two (2) blood swabs from the gym wall" were taken into evidence as item #6.

On page 19 item #17 is a buccal swab from "redacted" for DNA analysis.

Maybe the buccal swab was used to eliminate the person as being the source of the blood stains found on the gym wall.

Is this compilation of property/evidence forms complete? Are there more that haven't been released yet?

http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/documents/131030051629_Property, Evidence Forms.pdf

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I've stayed away from here for awhile;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/justice/georgia-gym-mat-death/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

Coroner slams handling of Kendrick Johnson case
From Victor Blackwell, CNN
updated 10:05 PM EST, Thu November 7, 2013

(CNN) -- In a scathing report recently obtained by CNN, the coroner in the case of a Georgia teen found dead inside a rolled-up gym mat blasted how the initial investigation was handled.

Authorities say Kendrick Johnson fell into the mat and suffocated while trying to retrieve a sneaker. His family suspects the 17-year-old was murdered and that someone has tried to cover up evidence in the case.

"I was not notifedi n (sic) this death until 15:45 hours. The investigative climate was very poor to worse when I arrived on the scene. The body had been noticably (sic) moved. The scene had been compromised and there was no cooperation from law enforcement at the scene. Furthermore the integrity of the evidence bag was compromised on January 13, 2013 by opening the sealed bag and exhibiting the dead body to his father," wrote Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson in a report dated January 22....

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I've stayed away from here for awhile;

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/justice/georgia-gym-mat-death/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

Coroner slams handling of Kendrick Johnson case
From Victor Blackwell, CNN
updated 10:05 PM EST, Thu November 7, 2013

(CNN) -- In a scathing report recently obtained by CNN, the coroner in the case of a Georgia teen found dead inside a rolled-up gym mat blasted how the initial investigation was handled.

Authorities say Kendrick Johnson fell into the mat and suffocated while trying to retrieve a sneaker. His family suspects the 17-year-old was murdered and that someone has tried to cover up evidence in the case.

"I was not notifedi n (sic) this death until 15:45 hours. The investigative climate was very poor to worse when I arrived on the scene. The body had been noticably (sic) moved. The scene had been compromised and there was no cooperation from law enforcement at the scene. Furthermore the integrity of the evidence bag was compromised on January 13, 2013 by opening the sealed bag and exhibiting the dead body to his father," wrote Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson in a report dated January 22....
This wasn't the official report though...I think this was his venting report :banghead:.

I wonder how else he would expect Mr. Johnson to view his son's body w/o opening the body bag?

I hadn't seen this document.

I noticed a couple of buccal swabs were taken and the names were whited out.

Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly, but was the swab/s taken (and an interview conducted) 3 months after Kendrick's death?

This wasn't the official report though...I think this was his venting report :banghead:.

I wonder how else he would expect Mr. Johnson to view his son's body w/o opening the body bag?

BBM

So, are you saying he was being untruthful in his venting, or were his complaints/observations valid, but left out of the "official report?"

the gbi pathologist autopsy was peer reviewed while the second one has not. Anderson also has a history of losing, at least, 2 pathology jobs in florida. Going with the more stable, better credentialed georgia bureau of investigation autopsy instead of a no name guy. Anderson makes bao look good. Support calling in dr. Perper, dr. Braden, henry lee to do a third autopsy. A four month investigation with both local and georgia state le is very reliable to me with no rush to judgment. How could footsies matter on a gym floor where hundreds if not the entire student body of 3,000 walked over? Swabs of the blood is described in the chain of custody of items found.

rip johnny cochran.

bbm

??

Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly, but was the swab/s taken (and an interview conducted) 3 months after Kendrick's death?

It looks like the buccal swab was taken in April. I guess it would have been nice if it was taken sooner but the DNA would still be the same.

and the report is 10 months old. Big news now, like the paper in the body? :seeya:

and the report is 10 months old. Big news now, like the paper in the body? :seeya:

Yes, it took quite some time for this case to get national press, and now it has. And, apparently, it _is_ big news, thus the reporting. The article goes on to say:

<snip>
"A second coroner's death investigation report was provided by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
The second report, which is not signed nor dated, is not nearly as critical as the first.
"I was not called by investigating officers regarding this death until the afore listed time of notification," it read.
It was not immediately clear why there were two coroner's reports. The inconsistencies between them were also not clear."
<snip>

BBM

I snipped, because I'm unsure of the copyright laws.

BBM

So, are you saying he was being untruthful in his venting, or were his complaints/observations valid, but left out of the "official report?"

I don't know if he was being untruthful...and his complaints could very well be valid, to him, but the misspellings lead me to believe the first report was not something he planned to turn in....hopefully.

Just seemed like a lot of complaints when his job is not that difficult. He is to pronounce time and manner of death (homicide, accident), and if he can't make that call, then hands it over to LE & ME to make the call. In this case all he could really do was state the obvious, "he's dead". AFAIK, no time of death was ever established. JMO

I don't know if he was being untruthful...and his complaints could very well be valid, to him, but the misspellings lead me to believe the first report was not something he planned to turn in....hopefully.

Just seemed like a lot of complaints when his job is not that difficult. He is to pronounce time and manner of death (homicide, accident), and if he can't make that call, then hands it over to LE & ME to make the call. In this case all he could really do was state the obvious, "he's dead". AFAIK, no time of death was ever established. JMO

Why do you think he didn't sign or date the second one? If it was going to be the official report he'd have to do that. JMO

Yes, it took quite some time for this case to get national press, and now it has. And, apparently, it _is_ big news, thus the reporting. The article goes on to say:

<snip>
"A second coroner's death investigation report was provided by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
The second report, which is not signed nor dated, is not nearly as critical as the first.
"I was not called by investigating officers regarding this death until the afore listed time of notification," it read.
It was not immediately clear why there were two coroner's reports. The inconsistencies between them were also not clear."
<snip>

BBM

I snipped, because I'm unsure of the copyright laws.

~bbm

Nah, imo, it's the same old news packaged to appear to be hypercontroversial. They've got the American public's number big time. jmo

BBM

Watson is an elected official in the Coroner job. He is not a Doctor. Yeah, it is established that he did not arrive on the scene until hours later, however, the local Sheriff and Georgia Bureau of Investigation had been working the scene for 5-6 hours and what he saw was the wrap up.

Watson is an elected official in the Coroner job. He is not a Doctor. Yeah, it is established that he did not arrive on the scene until hours later, however, the local Sheriff and Georgia Bureau of Investigation had been working the scene for 5-6 hours and what he saw was the wrap up.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members