GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the body has not been removed then the investigation is not over. And what about the blood on the wall?

I never stated the investigation was over. The crime scene investigation was done - they work out to in - the body being last. Unless the guys planned to step on KJ's body, their lack of footies didn't matter.

My question was, what other contamination has been alluded to?

Yes it was tested and did not belong to KJ. They had no other suspicious blood spots that matched it to compare the blood to and no suspect to compare the DNA to ... it was old ...I trust CSI to discern old blood from newer. Short of testing every student's DNA in the school -1000 +, with none of them suspected of a crime, what more could have been done to take the irrelevant blood spots off the shoddy police work side of the list?

Hmm.. That is not what I remember reading.. Maybe I am wrong about that.. If I am Ill take the L. ;)

I have to go back and remember where I read that.

http://globalgrind.com/2013/11/07/m...ut-kendrick-johnsons-death-list-photos-video/

Here it is.. the blood results were inconclusive..

Also There was a sweatshirt that appeared to be speckled with blood that was not in the evidence..

Blood spatter: This blood speckled hoodie was found in the gym

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-died-rolled-mat-released.html#ixzz2k5gjhE8n
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Inconclusive does not mean it was not tested. It means the opposite actually.

They were inconclusive regarding who the blood belonged to. But the tests showed it DID NOT belong to Kendrick.

ETA link:

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram...-teen-kendrick-johnsons-death-not-an-accident

DNA tests show the blood did not belong to Johnson.

http://www.walb.com/story/23667949/teen-found-dead-in-gym-mat-death-ruled-accident

Jones said they found blood on a nearby wall where Kendrick died, but DNA testing showed it was not his blood. The investigator also said they had not determined whose blood it was, "but it doesn't appear to be involved in our crime in any way."

I never stated the investigation was over. The crime scene investigation was done - they work out to in - the body being last. Unless the guys planned to step on KJ's body, their lack of footies didn't matter.

I have to disagree with the bolded part. Investigators never know if there are shoe/foot prints that could be collected, which is one of the reasons they wear booties. jmo

The footies do matter. They matter a lot.

http://globalgrind.com/2013/11/07/m...ut-kendrick-johnsons-death-list-photos-video/

Here it is.. the blood results were inconclusive..

Also There was a sweatshirt that appeared to be speckled with blood that was not in the evidence..

Blood spatter: This blood speckled hoodie was found in the gym

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-died-rolled-mat-released.html#ixzz2k5gjhE8n
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The hoodie was tagged as crime scene item #4 in the crime lab report.

I'm not sure why they are saying it wasn't in the evidence.

Inconclusive does not mean it was not tested. It means the opposite actually.

They were inconclusive regarding who the blood belonged to. But the tests showed it DID NOT belong to Kendrick.

ETA link:

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram...-teen-kendrick-johnsons-death-not-an-accident

DNA tests show the blood did not belong to Johnson.

http://www.walb.com/story/23667949/teen-found-dead-in-gym-mat-death-ruled-accident

Jones said they found blood on a nearby wall where Kendrick died, but DNA testing showed it was not his blood. The investigator also said they had not determined whose blood it was, "but it doesn't appear to be involved in our crime in any way."

It may not have appeared that way then, When they were so sure it was an accident.. Now?? Maybe so... Who knows. The gym is gone and we can not go back there.

It may not have appeared that way then, When they were so sure it was an accident.. Now?? Maybe so... Who knows. The gym is gone and we can not go back there.

DNA tests showed it wasn't KJ's blood.
I'm confused. What do you mean it may not have appeared that way then?

DNA tests don't just appear to be a certain way due to thinking something is an accident. It either is his blood or isn't. DNA tests say no.

And I could have sworn that a news crew walked through that gym the other night.
Are we sure it was torn down?

I missed where that info came from.

DNA tests showed it wasn't KJ's blood.
I'm confused. What do you mean it may not have appeared that way then?

DNA tests don't just appear to be a certain way due to thinking something is an accident. It either is his blood or isn't. DNA tests say no.

And I could have sworn that a news crew walked through that gym the other night.

""but it doesn't appear to be involved in our crime in any way."

That is what I was talking about.

And just because it was not kendricks does not mean it was not relevant. How can they know that since they don't even really know what happened? What was the source of the blood on the sweatshirt?

SBM

IIRC, it was a poster here who said it was torn down, but I have seen nothing linked to prove or disprove that information.

There was a link that did say it was torn down.. I don't know if I can find it again. I had searched the night we were talking about it.

SBM

IIRC, it was a poster here who said it was torn down, but I have seen nothing linked to prove or disprove that information.

I've also read that it was renovated to create a new band room or some such. No link. But IMO the gist of it is that the "old gym" is no more.

I feel like even if it were still there intact that after all this time, it probably wouldn't matter much anyway? Everything would be contaminated, right?

SBM

I think it was remodeled, not torn down - it is now a band room.

""but it doesn't appear to be involved in our crime in any way."

That is what I was talking about.

And just because it was not kendricks does not mean it was not relevant. How can they know that since they don't even really know what happened? What was the source of the blood on the sweatshirt?

Who said there was blood on the sweatshirt - besides the celebrity ex-fbi agent? He was looking at a picture and said it "appears" to be blood - the same way he said it "appeared" to be blood on the shoe. The shoe, of course, was tested.

I didn't see anything that looked like blood on the sweatshirt.

I have to disagree with the bolded part. Investigators never know if there are shoe/foot prints that could be collected, which is one of the reasons they wear booties. jmo

In context, the investigation of the crime scene, save taking the body out, had been completed. We don't know who wore footies.

Only on CSI would they imagine taking a footprint from a floor where hundreds of students travel back and forth in the course of a day, would be helpful. That plus the fact that the cameras showing students coming and going were working fine - no footprints could have gotten onto the gym floor without a live body wearing the shoes. Had they been investigating an apartment, house, office, anywhere where few travel and there are no cameras, yeah, footies probably a good idea...but in this case it would seem unnecessary.
JMO

It is telling, IMO, that a lack of footies is one of the big gotchas in an investigation that went on for four months.

I didn't see anything that looked like blood on the sweatshirt.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Mr. Johnson tried to claim the sweatshirt was Kendricks, but I can't find it, does anyone else recall reading this? If not, my bad - too little sleep and not enough coffee.

Sadly not me, Not anywhere as much as I used to. Too many rushes to judgment, too much corruption...

And in this case the Second Pathologist results stand for me. Not the first.

The contaminated scene, The lack of investigation in the blood in the gym,

All add up to , I don't trust them.

The GBI pathologist autopsy was peer reviewed while the second one has not. Anderson also has a history of losing, at least, 2 pathology jobs in Florida. Going with the more stable, better credentialed Georgia Bureau of Investigation autopsy instead of a no name guy. Anderson makes Bao look good. Support calling in Dr. Perper, Dr. Braden, Henry Lee to do a third autopsy. A four month investigation with both local and Georgia State LE is very reliable to me with no rush to judgment. How could footsies matter on a gym floor where hundreds if not the entire student body of 3,000 walked over? Swabs of the blood is described in the Chain of Custody of items found.

RIP Johnny Cochran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member