GUILTY GA - Laila Daniel, 2, beaten to death, McDonough, 17 Nov 2015 *foster parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#RosenbaumTrial - The judge will not dismiss the juror. The first witness for today is on the stand. Amanda Harrill adopted Millie and the other two children after Laila's death. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/jennifer-and-joseph-rosenbaum/watch-live-jennifer-and-joseph-rosenbaum-tried-in-death-of-2-year-old-daughter-laila/ …

D_R9K-VUEAEFMjZ.png

#RosenbaumTrial - Millie is asked what Joseph would do when Jennifer was spanking her, "nothing". Jennifer shakes her head no.

#RosenbaumTrial - Millie is asked what Joseph would do when Jennifer was spanking her, "nothing". Jennifer shakes her head no.

#RosenbaumTrial - Millie is being asked about when she lived with the Rosenbaums. She said she was 5 years old.

D_SGfLOUEAMPsHk.jpg

#RosenbaumTrial - Jennifer and Joseph Rosenbaum appear to be taking notes during Millie's testimony. Millie is looking at photos of the Rosenbaum home where she lived with her little sister Laila.

#RosenbaumTrial - Millie is being asked about when she lived with the Rosenbaums. She said she was 5 years old.

#RosenbaumTrial - Jennifer and Joseph Rosenbaum appear to be taking notes during Millie's testimony. Millie is looking at photos of the Rosenbaum home where she lived with her little sister Laila.

#RosenbaumTrial - Under cross-examination Millie is shown picture after picture of happy things when she lived with the Rosenbaums. Easter egg hunts, face painting, bike riding, etc..

Will sharing an attorney be grounds for appeal?
I thought about that too as I was watching defense opening statement, but now I think about it in more depth I'm not so sure it will give rise to any particular grounds for appeal.

Firstly I think Corinne Mull comes across as extremely competent, and would have advised them if there was a conflict of interests by representing them both.

It doesn't apply so much to the facts of this case, but if their defense was that it was unarguably murder and child abuse over a very short time span, like a day or two, but it was the other one that did it and there was no way the other spouse could have known in time to take preventative action, then without question there is a need for separate attorneys. Given that there is an outright denial of abuse and murder, then if the jury convicts, the time span that it occurred over (3 1/2 months), imo, means they're both going down for it.

Secondly, I was trying to think what difference it would make to Joseph Rosenbaum if say Jennifer was found guilty and he had a separate attorney. I don't think that would save him. Interesting that Mull is already working the case so that if Jennifer is found guilty Joseph was not there most of the time. He was working two jobs and he had illnesses which means he was frequently at the doctors and not home. I think that's the most that a separate attorney could say on his behalf too.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back