Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE | Sheriff to hold news conference for missing teen Janell Carwell

According to a news release, Sheriff Richard Roundtree will hold the new conference at 10 a.m. in the Law Enforcement Center.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/In...cial&utm_source=facebook_WRDW_News_12_WAGT_26

"It is the state's belief that Ms. Carwell, the victim in this case Janell, is either dead or something has happened to her to prevent her from making contact with her family members, based on phone records and other information."

In a plea for the judge not to grant Tripp bond District Attorney Paine talked about the state's investigation and conversations with both Tripp and Janell's mother, Tanya Tripp.

"There were conflicting stories given by both Mr. Tripp and his wife, who is the mother of Janell. There statements are in conflict although they do seem to be working in concert," said Paine.
The DA told the judge the two were captured by U.S. Marshals together, returning a U-Haul in Atlanta.

:mad::furious: what '!!!

That beautiful smart girl! My heart is so sad for her.

Oh these announcements make my stomach hurt....
Curious how with some cases, we're eager to hear if we're on the way to a resolation, but with other cases we just feel like it's going to be bad news. Hoping for good news, but feeling differently.

Hearing from Janell's teacher just broke my heart. Hearing about her being 'a front row' eager, smart student, that was popular and so loved by all at her school. And then to know that she was 'regressing' and that something was wrong, and she spoke about her family moving soon..So heartbreaking to imagine what she was going through, and what she knew already...

Wrdw.com is streaming the press conference live - you can click on the menu and click on Live Broadcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheriff Roundtree said it began as an investigation to locate an alive Ms. Carwell, they are now in recovery mode for her remains. It is considered a homicide.

No physical evidence of crime at the State Road home. They will revisit and re-assess evidence of that home.

Investigation shifted based on interviews conducted by ?.

They don't know if there are other people involved, they believe they have the two primary individuals in custody. This is clearly a homicide investigation.

Lots of no comments.

Wrdw.com is streaming the press conference live - you can click on the menu and click on Live Broadcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wrdw.com/livestream doesn't have an additional stream up yet that I see

Live feed here <self clipped the link as it's someones personal feed, and not a media or LE feed so snipping before mods do>

Summary, it is no longer a missing persons case - it is now considered a homicide case.

The person is now being interviewed by the Augusta Chronicle live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966