GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is scary. Seems like they either don't think they have the guy or think there is another one out there. Could this guy have worked with a partner?

This also crossed my mind (although many things are presently) but if he had an accomplice why is he protecting him?

Also, thought McDad's quote in the paper this morn seemed a lil nonchalant for parents of a child that did his undergrad in 3 years & just finished law school. My rents wouldn't be all Anthony about it but certainly not,

Urg tapatalk won't post the whole thing...

Continued from last post
"we are waiting to find out what the lawyer finds out... Just don't know much."

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I have no idea about the exchange student's name or anything else. Which is frustrating. I have tried to search for Macon/Bibb County missing persons and have had a real time turning anything up. It could be urban legend, but this came so directly I struggle to think of it as complete fabrication.

I think there is the potential for multiple killers. I have wondered if these other missing persons were some kind of sick "practice" kills. As though he was training himself for the ultimate prize. Or perhaps poor Lauren was just too close to a serial killer in the making, and he couldn't stand to see her slip his grasp.

That quote from McDad is interesting. Not sure what to take from that...

I am thinking the exchange student thing would be more recent. I know there are a lot of young (teenage) people from all over the world in town right now going door to door selling books and the like. In fact, my wife said a 17 boy from Estonia came knocking on our door just a couple days ago. Not sure if it was an actual "student" or some sort of work visa thing.

I keep hoping something will be said to either confirm or deny connection/lack of connection, or that there are/are not other missings persons.

Thanks for the link PlainJane, trying to search it now

nternational Exchange Students
Students who wish to attend Mercer University as exchange students must either be nominated by one of our partner institutions or work with ISEP.

Partner Institutions Include:
Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
Hong Kong Baptist University, China
Lulea Institute of Technology, Sweden
Seinan Gakuin University, Japan
University of Kalmar, Sweden
University of Western Scotland, Scotland
Yonsei University, South Korea

If a student's home school is part of the ISEP consortium, students may apply for an ISEP exchange program. If not, students may apply to ISEP Direct programs. See the ISEP website for more information.

http://www2.mercer.edu/OIP/International+Exchange+Students.htm

A mercer exchange student was found dead in his apt around March (pretty sure it was this year, kinda all run together at this point) but his body was certainly accounted for although not sure if they determined cause. Didn't seem like fowl play.

Lol, fowl, thank you autocorrect.

The talk of exchange students is interesting because of one of the "likes" on Lauren's personal FB Page. American University in Bulgaria ...

Nothing weird about it, just caught my eye.

A mercer exchange student was found dead in his apt around March (pretty sure it was this year, kinda all run together at this point) but his body was certainly accounted for although not sure if they determined cause. Didn't seem like fowl play.

Lol, fowl, thank you autocorrect.
Here's the story on the exchange student-

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...esults-In-Mercer-Student-Death-119066389.html

Link to missing Persons in Georgia ... http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/case/0,2692,67862954_74030306,00.html

I think there is the potential for multiple killers. I have wondered if these other missing persons were some kind of sick "practice" kills. As though he was training himself for the ultimate prize. Or perhaps poor Lauren was just too close to a serial killer in the making, and he couldn't stand to see her slip his grasp.

I don't think this is a serial killer. I think this may have been carefully orchestrated and planned out in minute detail which doesn't fit with fledgling serial killers.

The one good thing that came out of the latest police press conference is that they do not know how she was killed. That could imply there were no signs of torture, it is easy to tell if a body was cut before or after death and if this person wanted to leave signs of horrid torture they likely would have.

I am surprised none of the reporters asked if there had been a sexual assault, that came up in earlier articles and the police said they were running tests.

Also the news conference, the bald guy (whomever he is) keeps saying the police have done "great work", lots of "great work"...lots of hard and great work has been done.... Errrmmm...sounds like yes they have done lots of great work but they don't have jack to show for it.

If anyone has not carefully listened to that press conference...it is fascinating. First off they apparently "found" the torso based on the smell (and that is why they are sure it wasn't there the night before). Secondly the reporter asked if they found the torso in a trash can, and the police failed to confirm or deny (same theme....trash).

Holy sheesh if the torso smelled that bad OUTDOORS there is NO WAY it could have been kept in a nearby apartment without being noticed, as police likely entered all of the apartments onsite.

The dismemberment and storage almost certainly had to be done off site.

Also apparently the FBI called them the first day and "volunteered their services", first I thought maybe the family had unusually good "DC connections" but then realized it was likely Mercer University.

Hey all! First time poster, and very new to Web Sleuths. I am a Macon native and have family all around the apartments. Hopefully I can help answer locally specific questions, and not just throw rumors around. I am very intrigued by this case and want to see it solved.

First, the trash definitely does run on Thursday mornings. In fact, when they brought the cadaver dogs in the dogs went all around the neighborhood hitting on multiple trash cans until they caught up with the dumptruck. Which is why the landfill was searched so extensively I believe.

Here is some stuff that I believe to true (indirectly from cops/detectives). McDaniel's machete collection, him having a skeleton key to all apartments, removal of his bathtub, and a bunch of info I have already seen discussed here.

From a very trusted source I have also been told that there are body parts from other bodies (at least one for sure) that have been found in the area. Whether or not it is connected is hard to say, but the method of dismemberment seems to be similar and the proximity of the found parts is suspicious at the very least. Also, there at least two other missings persons in the area, but they had yet to be reported based on how recently they had gone missing.

I really am not trying to throw a bunch of hearsay out there, and I realize that it is very probably frowned upon. But I would like to at least share what I have heard. Again, I trust the people around me here in town that I have been talking to, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I would be happy to answer any questions about goings on in the area, and will leave the town talk off the forum if it's not welcome.

Thanks for the interesting discourse, and keep up the good work sleuths.

PS, from all I've gathered if McDaniels isn't guilty he was either setup, or there are some spooky coincidences going on.
Hi, Lomaker. Welcome to Websleuths. I really appreciate that sentence I bolded up there. ;) I'm always happy to see locals posting because they provide information that helps the rest of us understand the environment around a case. "Word on the street" information can be useful, too, if we use the right filters. It's not unusual for a horrible, unsolved murder to generate rumors. We can certainly discuss them, but we have to be careful to qualify what is a rumor on the street, hearsay from a known, trusted source, and what we've witnessed ourselves. For instance, when you mention the "cadaver dogs" running after the truck, do you know for certain they were cadaver dogs? Did you see them chasing the truck? Or is that something you heard from others?

I'm not picking on you, so please don't feel that I am. As more facts are released, it will become difficult to keep them straight. So, before we go any further, this seemed like a good time to remind everyone of the ground rules. Also, locals who have specific, inside information about a case are usually asked to be verified. I don't think it's necessary for the locals posting at this time, but it's something everyone should know. :)

:welcome5:

Thanks Bessie! No worries about picking on me, I completely understand that there is a need to maintain truth to the conversation. And although I find myself guilty of wanting to discus any and all possibilities, I will try to do the forum proud.

The cadaver dogs were seen by my uncle, who lives directly behind the apartments and had police dig through his trash cans. I also heard from others that saw the dogs themselves.

I also want to say that although I didn't know Lauren, I had seen her out many times around town and she seemed to be a very sweet and lovely girl. My prayers are most definitely with her family and friends. I would love nothing more than to see this case wrapped up all nice and neat with a bright shiny bow.

Thanks again Bessie!

Okay this may be a totally crazy theory but....

Step back beyond the victim and look at the big picture. This story is obviously being hushed. The FBI called to "volunteer" their services the day the torso was discovered. This happened VERY close to the university, Lauren could see the clocktower from her front door. The Mercer police were first on the scene. She was living in the Barrister Apartments that specifically served Mercer Law Students.

Let's just imagine for a moment. Okay you are a sociopath with an incredibly strong stomach and you very very angry with an institution, perhaps an institution like well....a University. If you can't pointpoint your rage on ONE individual, maybe it was more than one, or maybe you just hate the whole place for various reasons...etc...

If you wanted to hurt an institution and do it well...would the incredibly gruesome unsolved killings of pretty co-eds do the job? Would it cause scandal and panic and drop enrollment and create an era of terror that Mercer would never forget or maybe even live down?

Like I said a crazy theory, but whomever did this obviously thinks differently than the rest of us and there is good reason to think they may have a very high IQ. Maybe it was never about Lauren Giddings.

"If anyone has not carefully listened to that press conference...it is fascinating. First off they apparently "found" the torso based on the smell (and that is why they are sure it wasn't there the night before). Secondly the reporter asked if they found the torso in a trash can, and the police failed to confirm or deny (same theme....trash).

Holy sheesh if the torso smelled that bad OUTDOORS there is NO WAY it could have been kept in a nearby apartment without being noticed, as police likely entered all of the apartments onsite.

The dismemberment and storage almost certainly had to be done off site.

If you will notice from the picture on this MT site that was published with an article which ran within the first day or so of the torso's discovery, http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1615777/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html, the decomposition must have been fairly advanced considering the investigators were all wearing respirators.

Hi all. I've been perusing the internet to find out anything on Lauren and I think I have found something. I think she was part of a Google group called TheDirtyBriefs and she has numerous entries that you all might want to read. It's nothing earth shattering or anything but just some postings of hers that are lingering in cyberspace. Here's the link:

groups.google.com/groups/search?scoring=d&filter=0&enc_author=UgN1ARkAAAD_s-Uca-yOwio5YnOWx1vcFEmssiLmwyaEWxy9LPEfEQ

Actually, I must warn you that some of these postings are a bit on the risque side. If you feel that this is inappropriate PLEASE let me know! I do not want to offend anyone. Also, one of the members is Joe K. Is this the same person that McDaniel mentioned in his interview??

FYI: The initial link I had pulled up the entire postings of all the group. That has since been disabled. The link above lists Lauren's postings but does not allow you to pull up any further detail. Oh well. That's as good as it gets for now!

If you will notice from the picture on this MT site that was published with an article which ran within the first day or so of the torso's discovery, http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1615777/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html, the decomposition must have been fairly advanced considering the investigators were all wearing respirators.

Thanks for the link. No I never noticed the pix, good find and welcome to the forum!

Your first post. Did you join to engage in the discussion of this story specifically? I find this story fascinating, in large part because it is fairly local to me and also because it is turning into quite the ultra-gruesome mystery.

I read the Macon Telegraph every day and have for over a year, their coverage of this story has been anemic at best.

Actually, I must warn you that some of these postings are a bit on the risque side. If you feel that this is inappropriate PLEASE let me know! I do not want to offend anyone. Also, one of the members is Joe K. Is this the same person that McDaniel mentioned in his interview??

Good lord those folks are arrogant! Talking about herpes and condoms and being crude as all get out while including their FULL NAMES and Titles and multiple contact phone numbers and everything else. Cause they are untouchable and who cares what they say!

All on the internets for anyone to view. Sort of like leaving a hidden key by the vase on your doorstep, or telling people you have been good at everything you tried therefore you are sure you will be good at law school too.

That is over the top arrogance (or in some cases naivete) with no regard for professional demeanor or appearance whatsoever. They talk stupidity with all contact info on open Google usergroups! Sheesh if the Macon PD sees that they will have another 50+ worthless names to check for alibis.

"Thanks for the link. No I never noticed the pix, good find and welcome to the forum!

Your first post. Did you join to engage in the discussion of this story specifically? I find this story fascinating, in large part because it is fairly local to me and also because it is turning into quite the ultra-gruesome mystery.

I read the Macon Telegraph every day and have for over a year, their coverage of this story has been anemic at best.

"
I have been following this case because I also live here. I never knew this website existed until I ran across it digging for information - since the Macon PD isn't providing any......

Very frustrating indeed. I understand not showing all of your cards, but I feel as though Bibb County citizens need to know what we are up against - especially those who live downtown and around the 3 separate colleges we have here in Macon. Yes, Macon is crime ridden, but we don't deal with this type of crime.

Lauren seemed like a lovely young woman from what I've read of her. Macon has adopted her as one of their own, and her family is being prayed for constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli