GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Macon Police Release Address to Send Condolences to Gidding's Family

Many of you have been asking for an address to send the family of the deceased Mercer Law Grad, Lauren Giddings, your condolences. Tonight, Macon Police released an address if you'd like to send the family a card or flowers. Saint Mary of the Mills Church
114 Saint Mary's Place
Laurel, MD 20707
Macon Police also released this photo of Giddings tonight.

http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-new...ddress-to-send-condolences-to-giddings-family

Went a diggin on the interwebs, thinking McD was class of 04 Parkview High, Lilburn GA.

Being a law student, should have kept him from ever talking! IMO

Agreed. Every criminal defense attorney says the same thing: "Lawyers make the worst witnesses on the stand." He should know better than to speak so freely, involved or not.

From your link-I notice everyone interviewed says the same thing. Lauren suddenly stops communicating, but no one checks on her for five days?

<modsnip>

Have to agree with the law student/older, more savvy adult aspect in terms of no one raising the alarm. Also, Lauren was about a month out from her bar exam....and plus it's a time of year when folks hit the road for vacations and otherwise break normal communication patterns.

My sense is that if this had been mid-semester back in March, alarms would've gone off for many of her friends/relatives. Being mid-Summer, mere weeks before Lauren sits for the bar exam...?

One student who lives in the rear apartment complex said police had questioned everyone who lives in the apartments.

“I don’t know what the police are going to do,” said the student, who would not give his name. “They got everything. They’ve been everywhere. Now what?”

Been everywhere and talked to everyone and still no suspects. They must have gone over McDaniels apartment with a toothpick several times now, and if he hasn't cracked by now he isn't going to.

We ask the public to be vigilant about any unusual, foul, decaying or dead odors or other potential clues,” her statement said.

This seems to be getting colder by the minute. I fear all news will stop soon on this story if they can't find a suspect.

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/04/1619672/police-sifting-through-clues-in.html

This is such a sad and horrible end to a beautiful life. I can't even imagine what her family, boyfriend, and friends are going through.

This is a question for those who live in the area and excuse my ignorance. Are there a lot of empty buildings, factories, etc in the area? I'm sure Le is searching everywhere. Just wondered if they have added search teams.

they know it most likely wasn't done by someone with a bone to pick with Giddings.

I agree with SiberianSleuth on that point, I think it was most likely personal.

If the killer is in fact intelligent and careful, then the torso was an intentional message. If they had put the torso in a dumpster this would have probably turned into an unsolved missing persons case.

If the killer is lucid and careful I am feeling a lot of hate in the manner of body disposal and what it implies directly and indirectly. If they did indeed find a part or two in local trash cans, and the torso near her door...what is the message? What is expected from neighbors and police? Look through the landfill, look through TRASH, look out for the odd smells of foul, putrid flesh. That is what is left of her and everyone has to focus on that fact, she was not just killed or mutilated, she was humiliated in death and reduced to well...

That message seems pretty blatant in my mind. Could it just be a weird kink added on to a perverted crime? Well yes it could, but how often have we EVER heard about that happening to a "random victim" intentionally?

I agree it wasn't a random act of violence. It was premeditated ...imo.

This could be a person who felt rejected. Possibly, in his mind they had a relationship. A delusional person. I believe it is someone who knew her, knew her habits, even talked to her.

He did intend to humiliate her and destroy her image in his mind. He wanted everyone to see her reduced to nothing. Not recognizable.

I agree it wasn't a random act of violence. It was premeditated ...imo.

This could be a person who felt rejected. Possibly, in his mind they had a relationship. A delusional person. I believe it is someone who knew her, knew her habits, even talked to her.

He did intend to humiliate her and destroy her image in his mind. He wanted everyone to see her reduced to nothing. Not recognizable.

I have to agree with you. Now throw in the fact that she was moving; kinda a now or never situation for a sicko.

Such a heinous crime; my stomach aches right now since reading this.

Prayers to Lauren and her family.

Went a diggin on the interwebs, thinking McD was class of 04 Parkview High, Lilburn GA.

I found an older addy for him in that City-

Has anyone found the News Conference Video from this morning?

Hey all! First time poster, and very new to Web Sleuths. I am a Macon native and have family all around the apartments. Hopefully I can help answer locally specific questions, and not just throw rumors around. I am very intrigued by this case and want to see it solved.

First, the trash definitely does run on Thursday mornings. In fact, when they brought the cadaver dogs in the dogs went all around the neighborhood hitting on multiple trash cans until they caught up with the dumptruck. Which is why the landfill was searched so extensively I believe.

Here is some stuff that I believe to true (indirectly from cops/detectives). McDaniel's machete collection, him having a skeleton key to all apartments, removal of his bathtub, and a bunch of info I have already seen discussed here.

From a very trusted source I have also been told that there are body parts from other bodies (at least one for sure) that have been found in the area. Whether or not it is connected is hard to say, but the method of dismemberment seems to be similar and the proximity of the found parts is suspicious at the very least. Also, there at least two other missings persons in the area, but they had yet to be reported based on how recently they had gone missing.

I really am not trying to throw a bunch of hearsay out there, and I realize that it is very probably frowned upon. But I would like to at least share what I have heard. Again, I trust the people around me here in town that I have been talking to, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I would be happy to answer any questions about goings on in the area, and will leave the town talk off the forum if it's not welcome.

Thanks for the interesting discourse, and keep up the good work sleuths.

PS, from all I've gathered if McDaniels isn't guilty he was either setup, or there are some spooky coincidences going on.

Wow! Thanks for the info Lomaker! Can't believe they've found body parts from another person (people?) in the area. Any idea if the other victim was female? Do we know of other missing persons in the area with similar stats to Lauren?

Your comment about McDaniels being not guilty and possibly set up is interesting too. I don't really believe in coincidences. What is everyone's thoughts on who would be likely to set someone up. A person known to/friend of McD or unknown to him completely?

Unfortunately I don't know about the gender or age of the other possible victim(s). I do however know that it was found at or around St Josephs Catholic School playground, and that one of the missing persons an exchange student.

I really think that there is a lot of evidence and info out there that is being held at bay by the FBI/GBI/MPD until they have as much as possible. They are playing it safe, and rightly so. This is far too serious and heinous to jump the gun on anything.

I too had heard the other parts & missing peeps. However I only heard it as word on the street. I was told by my close source it was not true but given the warning not to walk alone at this morns presser I'm not so sure.

Lomaker, Welcome to WS. Glad to have all your information.

I too had heard the other parts & missing peeps. However I only heard it as word on the street. I was told by my close source it was not true but given the warning not to walk alone at this morns presser I'm not so sure.

That is scary. Seems like they either don't think they have the guy or think there is another one out there. Could this guy have worked with a partner?

I just google mapped LG's apt and see that St Joseph's Catholic Church is only about a block away. Lomaker, do you know the name of the missing exchange student?

Here is some stuff that I believe to true (indirectly from cops/detectives). McDaniel's machete collection, him having a skeleton key to all apartments, removal of his bathtub, and a bunch of info I have already seen discussed here.

PS, from all I've gathered if McDaniels isn't guilty he was either setup, or there are some spooky coincidences going on.

Very interesting! Thank you for giving us some of the local scoop. A second body part was found? Sheesh! Though I have to admit that sounds an urban legend, but maybe it is true. The press conference said they have searched the 5 block radius and are still missing parts, I don't think they will find them.

The part about a "machete collection". In all fairness if the guy really did wear chain mail then having swords makes sense. Wouldn't need chain mail without swords! And many people keep swords or machetes (I myself have owned some swords for decoration, I have known plenty of others that do as well).

If the police have their man surely they will proudly announce that they have found a suspect soon. Pressing charges is one thing, but announcing a suspect is another matter and they should have plenty of blood evidence IF they have any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli