GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to "read" McD from that interview; I can't tell if he acts so nervous because he's guilty or if he's just somewhat awkward socially.

The possible placement of the torso after the initial search but just before LE arrived is truly bizarre.

I agree. His hand motions seem hinky to me.

Also, in the court footage I can't figure him. Looks a lil to err... at ease. Cause he's guilty or cause he's comfortable in a courtroom given his education, or both?

Regardless, not looking good for him.

Anybody have any luck on pre-Mercer info on him?

I still don't get why the guy that received the email did nothing (saw some interview where he tried to call her several times and there was no answer...but still 5 days of nothing). I still do not get why she didn't inform neighbors or local friends or the police about the break in attempt.

Any thoughts on the meaning of that email? If the email is real, if she really was afraid, why tell no one and why was she taken with what appears to be no struggle or signs of forced entry? If you think someone is trying to break in the first thing you might do is take back the outside hidden key that apparently many others were aware of! Hiding a key outside is a sign of feeling comfy, not a sign of someone that feels paranoid. Even if realistically you don't expect a burglar to find the key you still don't feel comfy anymore and you remove it (and pester the landlord, or give the key to a friend, if you get locked out).

The email suggests she was scared and on guard yet evidence suggests she was not.

Interestingly, the only reason we know about the email's content is that McDaniel revealed it in an interview with the press. The cops wouldn't comment.
I can only think that if she sent that email, perhaps she didn't have time to take further measures that night before she was attacked. What if the attacker was already in the apartment by the time she noticed, well-hidden? Maybe the attempt to break in was successful. Perhaps the person she sent the email to just blew it off, I've had a prowler before and told people about it only to have them blow it off. I ended up having to lay soil and bell traps to prove it conclusively.

Thanks, AngelAnalyzes, for your preliminary analysis. It was laid out quite nicely with some very good thoughts. It's hard to say that something is 100% sure when all the details are not known, isn't it? Hopefully we'll get some new info soon. I'm wondering how long Stephen had lived near Lauren. Had she ever mentioned him to any of her friends, like he had creeped her out? Just some musings out loud. Hmmm.....

~SNIP~
I'm wondering how long Stephen had lived near Lauren. Had she ever mentioned him to any of her friends, like he had creeped her out? Just some musings out loud. Hmmm.....

My thoughts, too, Darmela. People have been asking why LG would neglect to share her fears about an attempted break-in with her neighbors although she supposedly shared them with a friend in an e-mail. The only reason I can think of, if LG really did compose such an e-mail, is that she didn't trust her neighbors.

I live in a housing complex in a college town. Soon after I moved in, while I was attending graduate school, the place became overrun by drug dealers - some of which lived next door to me. One night, someone forced my screen door open (breaking the latch) and started banging on my door and trying to turn the knob. At the time, my spare house key was missing; it disappeared after I gave another neighbor a ride one day. The would-be intruder finally left, though, so apparently didn't have the key (I kept a chair wedged against the door knob at night just in case). Anyhow, I didn't share the incident with any of my neighbors because some I suspected of being drug dealers and others seemed very chummy with the dealers (like the woman I gave a ride to before my spare key disappeared). I did notify management about the incident, but no one seemed to take seriously the drug and security issues in my neighborhood.

So, if Lauren truly did suspect that someone had tried breaking into her apartment, I can identify with her choosing not to share that information with her neighbors, or even with management if she had previously mentioned some problems that were not taken seriously. It would make more sense to confide only in a trusted friend.

I found a good article on Lauren with many details about her that I had not found anywhere else.

www.gadailynews.com/news/macon/69335-mercer-law-grad-reported-missing-body-found-outside-her-apartment-building.html

FWIW, my sister lives in Laurel, MD, the same town where Lauren is from and knows some of her relatives. I just heard about the case yesterday from my sister and then immediately came onto WebSleuths to find out more info ('cause u guys r the best, you know that, right?!?!).

[video=youtube;F2tpoEaDZJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2tpoEaDZJs[/video]
Here is the you tube link for Lauren. So Sad!!

Unless I'm mistaken, I remember reading that a young man and his mother lived in the apartment below Lauren's. Now media are reporting that apartment vacant. Did someone move out of that apartment in the five days since LG disappeared? The semester had ended recently, so it wouldn't be unusual for students to be moving out.

Hi Everyone:

Thought I would check to see if there are any updates on this case because the best place to get info is here.

Came across this article - http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/5672-police-continue-to-follow-leads-in-giddings-murder and couldn't help but notice the last paragraph that says:

Police are asking the public if they notice any unusual odors to call 1-877-68-CRIME

Weird request to make of public. Makes me think that there are more body parts out there.

I still don't get why the guy that received the email did nothing (saw some interview where he tried to call her several times and there was no answer...but still 5 days of nothing). I still do not get why she didn't inform neighbors or local friends or the police about the break in attempt.
respectfully snipped
I think she did tell at least one neighbor.

Hi Everyone:

Thought I would check to see if there are any updates on this case because the best place to get info is here.

Came across this article - http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/5672-police-continue-to-follow-leads-in-giddings-murder and couldn't help but notice the last paragraph that says:

Police are asking the public if they notice any unusual odors to call 1-877-68-CRIME

Weird request to make of public. Makes me think that there are more body parts out there.

Well, there must be, because all they have found of her is a dismembered torso. No head, arms, legs...and they haven't be able to find them ANYWHERE.

Why go through the trouble of hiding the limbs so well and dump the torso right outside her apartment?
The fact that they haven't found her limbs, as I've stated earlier, may be due to cannibalism, in light of the facts of the case.
Not that I'm certain of it AT ALL but I can't think of another reason.
If he wanted to send a message I'm sure he wouldn't have hidden the limbs so well, as cops have searched high and low for 5 days without finding them. Yet, the torso was just right there.

IMO the statement below according to authorities most likely is significant just as it seems to be a focus point..
According to police, the apartment below Giddings' has been a focal point of the investigation.
http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/5672-police-continue-to-follow-leads-in-giddings-murder
It's my opinion that this statement quoted ^above^ by LE could quite possibly indicative of LE having found atleast a crime scene.. It being labeled as a "focal point" IMO could very likely be where the perp executed the dismemberment that was done to Lauren's body..

Hopefully soon we will atleast have some of these type possibilities either confirmed or marked off as a possibility..

IMO the statement below according to authorities most likely is significant just as it seems to be a focus point..

It's my opinion that this statement quoted ^above^ by LE could quite possibly indicative of LE having found atleast a crime scene.. It being labeled as a "focal point" IMO could very likely be where the perp executed the dismemberment that was done to Lauren's body..

Hopefully soon we will atleast have some of these type possibilities either confirmed or marked off as a possibility..

Would this be the empty apartment or the POI?

I managed apartments many years ago, and we had 2 apartment with things missing, but no point of entry. Both had young people in them and the police and I question them about locking the doors (back and front). A couple of weeks later, one of the young ladies called police and said she heard someone in her apartment, my husband a local LE finds that the fire wall in the attic is open all the way from apartment 20 to apartment 24. This apartment is #20, and number 24 is being watched for drug dealing!

In the end the two male in 24 had been in all 3 other apartments, of and on for about 2 weeks, stealing, watching the girls! It could have been a lot worse! We learned a hard lesson from that!:banghead:

Remember the murder of Jasmine Fiore? Ryan Jenkins. He did horrible things to her body to try to impede identification. I wonder if that is the case here? The only thing that contraindicates this though IMO is when and where the torso was found.

This case is freaking me out, to say the least...

So, if Lauren truly did suspect that someone had tried breaking into her apartment, I can identify with her choosing not to share that information with her neighbors, or even with management if she had previously mentioned some problems that were not taken seriously. It would make more sense to confide only in a trusted friend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

In this situation I just don't know. In the email she supposedly said "Macon hoodlums". The neighborhood she lives in is reasonably safe yet surrounded by the ghetto that is the majority of Macon. As such if she said "hoodlums" there would be a compelling reason to tell your neighbors as the Macon hoodlums are often pretty darn easy to identify and the neighbors wouldn't scoff at it, they would be aware.

On the otherhand years ago I lived in a residential area and my next door neighbor was a nice couple that were also animal lovers. One day the neighbor lady tells me several months earlier when her husband was out of town she had what appeared to be drugged out lunatic guy start banging on her front door, then go around to the back of the house and bang on her back door while trying to get in! She hid in the closet and he finally went away.

This lady seemed quite sane and reasonable so I believe her story, but I have to wonder in hindsight if some lunatic attacked her house and he was not caught why in the heck didn't she tell ME, the single woman that lived alone next door! Sheesh the nut case could have targeted my house next! But apparently she just never thought about it!

Well, there must be, because all they have found of her is a dismembered torso. No head, arms, legs...and they haven't be able to find them ANYWHERE.

The fact that they haven't found her limbs, as I've stated earlier, may be due to cannibalism, in light of the facts of the case.

I think some type of cannibalism may be involved just to the unnecessary dismemberment and length of time the body was held however they wouldn't just keep a limb or two due to the size and freezer space. Hate to be graphic but if they took an attractive female for such purposes they would interested in "choice cuts" of meat; a forearm for instance, while easy to fit in a freezer, is not a choice body part by cannibal standards. They would almost certainly be harvesting portions of the torso/buttocks so the torso would most definitely show signs.

Also a poster commented that the local residents are saying frozen body parts were found in various trash cans. That makes sense as the police closed off the landfill for a search (and they don't close landfills for bits of random evidence, usually only for body parts). That once again implies the killer is smart and playing a game of some sort. Make the police scramble to find body parts in the trash (which is in fact one of hte best disposal methods, as they are darn near impossible to find once they hit the dump UNLESS the authorities know to look at the dump) but then put the torso right there in front of their nose to taunt them!

Regarding MCD. Yes he comes across odd in the interview, he runs his mouth and looks nervous and rambles. On the otherhand he apparently also ran his mouth at the police station which is why he is now held on burglary charges (which all accounts say he admitted to committing 2 years earlier).

The police have to be putting a lot of pressure on that kid so I just don't see him gushing about the burglary stuff but keeping his head together and not admitting anything about the murder (especially since most likely the police are scaring him to death with stories about evidence in his apartment etc...and saying "make this easy on yourself").

Regarding MCD. Yes he comes across odd in the interview, he runs his mouth and looks nervous and rambles. On the otherhand he apparently also ran his mouth at the police station which is why he is now held on burglary charges (which all accounts say he admitted to committing 2 years earlier).

The police have to be putting a lot of pressure on that kid so I just don't see him gushing about the burglary stuff but keeping his head together and not admitting anything about the murder (especially since most likely the police are scaring him to death with stories about evidence in his apartment etc...and saying "make this easy on yourself").

i wonder if being in law school could give him an advantage. maybe he knows they're bluffing. ya know? like he knows how to act to not be found guilty...i am on the fence about him. it could go either way.
i cant even watch the video of lauren, it's heartbreaking. she shouldnt have been taken away. god bless her and her family, because she will be so missed.

i wonder if being in law school could give him an advantage. maybe he knows they're bluffing. ya know? like he knows how to act to not be found guilty...i am on the fence about him. it could go either way.
i cant even watch the video of lauren, it's heartbreaking. she shouldnt have been taken away. god bless her and her family, because she will be so missed.

Being a law student, should have kept him from ever talking! IMO He must have some mental illness, or drug abuse problem, because most laymen would not speak like this man did!

If they haven't figured out where the dismemberment took place by now I doubt if they ever will.

If they haven't found the location maybe they should try to find out if any of the neighbors rented a motel room in the last week. If the killer was smart he might realize instead of trying to hide evidence at a local apartment why not just grab a cheap hotel room and do it all there? He apparently wasn't shy about hauling the body around and in a motel room you wouldn't even need to use bleach or other chemicals, just make it "look" reasonably clean. Better yet if they had a friend or relative that was out of town and the house was empty, well that would be a good place especially if it had a garage or was not easily visible to passersby.

Would this be the empty apartment or the POI?

I managed apartments many years ago, and we had 2 apartment with things missing, but no point of entry. Both had young people in them and the police and I question them about locking the doors (back and front). A couple of weeks later, one of the young ladies called police and said she heard someone in her apartment, my husband a local LE finds that the fire wall in the attic is open all the way from apartment 20 to apartment 24. This apartment is #20, and number 24 is being watched for drug dealing!

In the end the two male in 24 had been in all 3 other apartments, of and on for about 2 weeks, stealing, watching the girls! It could have been a lot worse! We learned a hard lesson from that!:banghead:

The same thing happened to my mother. In older apartments the firewall doesn't go to the roof and its easy to go from apartment to apartment if the apartment doesn't have a lock on the attic crawl opening.

Another thing that crossed my mind is that she had a key hidden outside. Someone could have used the key to get in and then locked the door and returned the key. That could be someone who knew her or someone who saw her use the key.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member