GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here I go -- sigh -- I won't be able to sleep if I don't post this.

I know most of you seem to feel that SM's court posture, demeanor, etc. is all part of an act, part of the "master plan" as outlined in one of his now-in-the-media posts. But I'm not so sure. For someone who 'most everyone here said is a terrible actor, commenting on his June 30 interview, he is doing a mighty good job of it, if it is an act.

This is a guilty or not thing. He looks to me like someone in the grip of a true, deep clinical depression. The man has lost 17 pounds. It's hard (maybe not impossible, but hard) to fake that vacant, I'm-not-here look throughout a proceeding as important to one's future as that one today was for him. I'd like to hear what PsychoMom thinks about it.

Yeah, I know that's what he said he'd do, in the hypothetical kill-and-then-go-blank scenario he posted. But he may really be in that dark place now.

I just got around to watching this... and :maddening: it's not complete.

Good thing I downloaded this earlier today, though...
This macon.com page is no longer there AND the vimeo video it linked to has been removed.
Somebody seems to have pulled the plug.... why? :waitasec:

Does this mean we won't get the second half?

Dang, I hate to hear that -- I never did get to watch all that much of it. Wonder why in the world they'd pull it?

Sorry guys thanks for realizing my link was not even the correct story that stated they were "rubber gloves"..lol..:crazy:..A few too many windows open at once perhaps..lol

I know I was a little surprised when I read it being reported as blue rubber gloves.. wonder if theyll ever truly clarify for us what type they are..

One other thing while I'm thinking of it.. Any discontent with that the dogs were not taken in every single apt in the complex and only the 3...whoever thinks there was a possible crime scene elsewhere in the complex..well have at it..bring the dogs in and search first thing in the morning.. IF any of them have had contact with a decomposing body they'll still hit just like they hit in the beginning..

Sorry guys thanks for realizing my link was not even the correct story that stated they were "rubber gloves"..lol..:crazy:..A few too many windows open at once perhaps..lol

I know I was a little surprised when I read it being reported as blue rubber gloves.. wonder if theyll ever truly clarify for us what type they are..

One other thing while I'm thinking of it.. Any discontent with that the dogs were not taken in every single complex and only the 3...whoever thinks there was a possible crime scene elsewhere in the complex..well have at it..bring the dogs in and search first thing in the morning.. IF any of them have had contact with a decomposing body they'll still hit just like they hit in the beginning..

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/...-Cause-to-Charge-McDaniel-in-Giddings-Murder-

The reporter here says "blue plastic gloves".

Smooth I think I read that the HRD Dogs were taken throughout that apartment complex. Now I have to go look for that link, maybe if I look slow someone else will find it first
icon12.gif

One other thing while I'm thinking of it.. Any discontent with that the dogs were not taken in every single apt in the complex and only the 3...whoever thinks there was a possible crime scene elsewhere in the complex..well have at it..bring the dogs in and search first thing in the morning.. IF any of them have had contact with a decomposing body they'll still hit just like they hit in the beginning..

That's not a bad idea. I mean, even for the prosecution, with it being called into question somewhat as it was.

I just got around to watching this... and :maddening: it's not complete.

Good thing I downloaded this earlier today, though...
This macon.com page is no longer there AND the vimeo video it linked to has been removed.
Somebody seems to have pulled the plug.... why? :waitasec:

Does this mean we won't get the second half?

Second half is all chopped up into segments. See the links Wondergirl supplied one page back.

No, Backwoods, it was Buford. At 1:40 in the video you linked.

I was reading the print article -- it was way up in the section where Patterson was first testifying ... then below was a section subheaded "Defense attorney questions Patterson" or something similar, where it goes through Buford's questions. So I thought "?"

Guess I better watch the video, huh?

MOO.. but my personal thoughts are that Glenda has spoken about him smiling and even laughing with the family visits and his little siblings telling jokes and such.. She talked as tho everyone involved in the half hour visitations were making the best of it..

Stark in contrast to this let me blankly stare at an imaginary dot on a wall and never not even once for a millisecond take my eyes off of it.. Just keep staring.. If I stare plenty long enough I know they'll find me innocent and I'll walk a free man.. Just gotta keep that stare up and I've got them all snowed.. Oh no, don't break my concentration on my imaginary dot.. I gotta keep staring.. Oh, was I still staring good enough while I was just convincing myself to make sure and keep staring.. Don't stop staring or they'll know.. I really gotta make sure I keep this staring going on..maybe if I just keep reminding myself over and over..stare..stare..stare..stare..don't u dare stop now.. Oh no my mom's trying to talk to the judge again in open court!!?? Help me, she's gonna break my stare..ALert! Alert!! Oh no my concentration is being breached.. Stare Stephen!!! Why isn't dad doing something to make her stop trying to talk in open court.. Oh God I think the judge just caught me not staring..Oh chit! Now what? Just gotta keep staring, man!! No matter what I gotta keep my eye on the dot and just stare!!!!!!!..:D

MOO.. but my personal thoughts are that Glenda has spoken about him smiling and even laughing with the family visits and his little siblings telling jokes and such.. She talked as tho everyone involved in the half hour visitations were making the best of it..

Stark in contrast to this let me blankly stare at an imaginary dot on a wall and never not even once for a millisecond take my eyes off of it.. Just keep staring.. If I stare plenty long enough I know they'll find me innocent and I'll walk a free man.. Just gotta keep that stare up and I've got them all snowed.. Oh no, don't break my concentration on my imaginary dot.. I gotta keep staring.. Oh, was I still staring good enough while I was just convincing myself to make sure and keep staring.. Don't stop staring or they'll know.. I really gotta make sure I keep this staring going on..maybe if I just keep reminding myself over and over..stare..stare..stare..stare..don't u dare stop now.. Oh no my mom's trying to talk to the judge again in open court!!?? Help me, she's gonna break my stare..my concentration being breached.. Stare Stephen!!! Why isn't dad doing something to make her stop trying to talk in open court.. Oh God I think the judge just caught me not staring..Oh chit! Now what? Just gotta keep staring, man!! No matter what I gotta keep my eye on the dot and just stare!!!!!!!..:D

GM hasn't reported in in quite a while. And the thing about him smiling was that she said he sort of smiled, once, when one of the children made that joke. It was more commenting on that he wasn't smiling much

GM hasn't reported in in quite a while. And the thing about him smiling was that she said he sort of smiled, once, when one of the children made that joke. It was more commenting on that he wasn't smiling much
That was my interpretation, too. She mentioned it was the one time they were all able to smile, or words to that effect.

ETA:
Still, she has seen him cry.
She has also seen him smile, barely, on a visit last weekend...

The kids made up a joke to cheer him up.
One of the children said the family dog was “like a member of the family.”
Another child, an 8-year-old, taking the line literally, said, “Which member is he like?”
“That was the punch line,” Glenda said.
And pretty soon, the visit was over.
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/14/1665061/stephen-mcdaniel-his-life-behind.html#ixzz1UyO9zWSj

No matter what horrible things he might've done, I can't find humor in the pain his family is suffering.

No, Backwoods, it was Buford. At 1:40 in the video you linked.

bessie, I've delved a little further now, so reporting back: I'm not sure which video you meant, but in the 17+something minute version of the first part of the hearing, around 8:43, it is Winters that draws out (and it is kind of like pulling teeth!) that SM had concerns about the dogs' search of his apartment

So, a few things from Part 1:

-Blood was actually visible on the hacksaw.

-There is a punch code on the laundry door

-Odor and flies around trashcan. :(

I wonder if anyone else besides SM was concerned about the HRD dogs hitting on their apartments, due to the fact that they were also in Lauren's apartment?

Since Lauren's friends were also in Lauren's contaminated apartment, wouldn't their shoes, clothes and/or apartment have also been contaminated with decomp? :waitasec:

The thing is, I don't think any of those friends lived at the complex... or were asked if their residences could be searched.

It's at 1:40 here Backwoods.

Reporter: Defense Attorney Buford asked how his client reacted.

Patterson: He was concerned that he might have picked up something on his clothing.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/...-Cause-to-Charge-McDaniel-in-Giddings-Murder-

Unless they really goofed.

I think they did really goof, to some extent. Now Buford may have followed up on that in some of his own questioning, but Winters asks about those concerns first. (IMO, to spotlight SM's anxiety about the search)

Most likely, I guess, they both addressed it, from somewhat different angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive