GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
That particular comment is benign. It is the follow up comment about

It shows an attitude he immediately developed regarding McD. Not saying it wasn't valid, but it shows. Which could be a bump in the road for him when testifying in court. It would have been better for him to stay off the chart until trial.

Ok, I give up.

I do wonder if in Stephen McDaniels search for the ultimate perfect murder and in doing so was known to ask what one's perfect murder scenario would entail.. I do wonder if he throughout the course of time in which he was known to ask this of people upon their initially meeting him.. Did he ever come across a person or two who may have been interested in similar subjects of all things murder and how to pull off a perfect murder.. Were there some individuals who may have taken part in Stephen's weird and strange inquisition of the perfect murder plan.. IMO I'd say it's definitely possible there were others who engaged with him in this strange conversation of the perfect "hypothetical" murder.. And if so I wonder how many.. My guess would be in talking of an individual who actually took Stephen's question seriously and actually pondered on methods which would fulfill a perfect murder.. That number would likely be 3 or less.. Of course this is all speculation and guessing..

My main point being in whatever number of ppl that engaged in this conversation in any bit of a serious manner.. Whatever that number of ppl is.. I wonder did Stephen perhaps take methods or steps or suggestions from other ppls purposed perfect murder plans and incorporate them into his own thinking that upon hearing or looking at another's perfect murder plan and seeing steps or methods that may better work than what his original plan did..

This is just a thought and definitely IMO could be a possibility "IF" it were ever found that someone, anyone had ever actually seriously engaged in this " perfect murder " conversation with Stephen..

http://lilburn.patch.com/articles/murder-charge-draws-local-reaction

Two former students said they would not be surprised if McDaniel was responsible for Giddings’ death.

I remember we discussed this article earlier. 2 said they thought it could be and 2 thought it wasn't. It appeared the two that knew him better were not as convinced. I think interviewing his old friends from school would be better. It would give more insight to the person. I have seen some articles from people who knew him more personally. It is a completely different version than these last 2 guys state.

There are some things to look at, but a lot of that stuff can be written off to the kids who don't want to conform to the social norms of high school. I guess for me, that idea comes from being a school teacher and an adolescent therapist. I watched kids struggle to NOT conform. Hence, stores like Hot Topic. And this attitude from a lot of people striving to escape the norm.
i-am-unique-just-like-everyone-else-guy-0008_design.png

S-YouLaughAtMe.gif

Being different can bring out the worse in other people. It is amazing how violent (meaning verbally - mostly) people can become towards someone with differing beliefs. They tend to view people different from them in a particular way no matter what else they may or may not do. That is why I would like to hear from people in his friend group to see how they process what has happened. I think it would give us a much fuller picture of who he was and how he became who he is. And they are there. He was pretty involved in school.

http://lilburn.patch.com/articles/murder-charge-draws-local-reaction

Two former students said they would not be surprised if McDaniel was responsible for Giddings’ death.

"He doesn't seem like he was that out there,” Yount said, “but you never know."

Yount said he remembers that McDaniel attended church often and that he randomly scratched people with his long fingernails.

"He was well-known for scratching people at the church," Yount said. "He was a very, very interesting fellow. He wasn't super anti-social, but he was kind of socially awkward."

Proving that definitions of "out there" are subjective.

Hi Wondergirl, what is confusing about the charges being based in part, on the statement Money gave Detectives?

I guess I am just a little alarmed at the thought that the murder charges are partly based on a statement an old roommate gave LE about what SM said.

It just clicked in my pea brain today, when I read that article, that the murder charges are partly based on TM's statements.

However, we don't know the context of what SM said. It is just one part of the puzzle.

He was well-known for scratching people at the church

I don't think this has anything to do with conformity or rebellion.
I bet he didn't scratch the biggest guy in the room that would pound him into the ground. I believe he scratched people that he could emotionally overpower in his mind-people that would not knock his block off.

Scratching just doesn't scream I am cool. It seems more to be in the order of I have an emotinal problem.

Does anyone know if McDaniel was obsessed with the Leopold and Loeb case? (The Perfect Crime)

Okay, I'll bite. But first let me start by saying that this is a RUMOR passed down from several people. I have not said anything before but since you brought it up....

I heard that last year (or sometime while SM was attending Mercer Law) the school brought in a speaker who is an expert on the Leopold & Loeb case to talk about it. It was told to me that SM was in the front row "furiously" taking notes.

The case was about two men who thought they could get away with the perfect crime. Leopold and Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's up with the condescending tone of the thread today?

Geesh. :ignore::bigfight:

Does anyone know if McDaniel was obsessed with the Leopold and Loeb case? (The Perfect Crime)

Okay, I'll bite. But first let me start by saying that this is a RUMOR passed down from several people. I have not said anything before but since you brought it up....

I heard that last year (or sometime while SM was attending Mercer Law) the school brought in a speaker who is an expert on the Leopold & Loeb case to talk about it. It was told to me that SM was in the front row "furiously" taking notes.

The case was about two men who thought they could get away with the perfect crime. Leopold and Loeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you serious? !

That long fingernail issue is a strange one.. Definitely fine to be different.. My son has always said who wants to be like everyone else?.. Boring.. And I absolutely agree and personally feel quite the same.. But let me clarify there is a huge difference in being different vs. Being "creepy", to use a word that is often describing Stephen from multiple sources and from many years of knowing him.. That word is consistently associated with Stephen and IMO the reason is due to particular behaviors he has exhibited throughout the years.. They are not in a very normal, and actually very healthy category of being "different" these behaviors far overreach the boundaries of being "different" they are behaviors which unlike being different is just an individuals expressing himself, whereas the behaviors Stephen exhibited had underlying anger and Ill will toward other individuals.. They were not just unique ways of expressing himself.. He was using the long fingernails as a weapon to attempt to intimidate, to strike fear in, and even ppl who don't want to say they believe him to be capable of the murder, even they admit that he lashed out with the long nails and would actually physically scratch Others.. Not just once or twice but this was a known occurrence *that Stephen did to others..

That does not even begin to fall into the benign classification of being "different".. My entire life anyone who knows me knows that I am one to encourage difference, individuality, and having no fear or shame to be who you are.. And what Stephen McDaniel has exhibited is not anywhere in that classification IMO.. His behaviors are entirely different and separate from what is a good and healthy expression of one's self.. His are not only NOT innocent expressions of himself which only affect one's self but rather much the opposite of actually being behaviors indicative of much underlying anger, hatred; etc completely misdirected and inflicted on innocent individuals who have the misfortune of coming into contact with him.. So, too is exactly what was inflicted on Lauren.. A life's worth of anger, hatred, and pent up frustrations unleashed on her and sadly it was NOT just in the way that many describe his actions for years of using his fingernails to lash out and scratch her.. Unfortunately for Lauren by the point in time that she had the misfortune of crossing paths with this sick individual it had far escalated from long fingernails lashing out and scratching.. It had escalated to something much worse, much deeper, and much more depraved.. But no mistaking it is those same exact thought processes, feelings, and bitter anger that bubbled beneath when Stephen would lash out scratching with his nails that were literally seen and viewed as a weapon by himself..

I guess I am just a little alarmed at the thought that the murder charges are partly based on a statement an old roommate gave LE about what SM said.

It just clicked in my pea brain today, when I read that article, that the murder charges are partly based on TM's statements.

However, we don't know the context of what SM said. It is just one part of the puzzle.

My question is how did LE know to contact a roommate from 2007 so quickly. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought Patterson said LE spoke with TM the day LG was found. Also I've heard comments attributed to LE that they were "holding things close to the vest" because of the Anthony case. Yet LE neglected to tell their main witness not to speak to the media?

My question is how did LE know to contact a roommate from 2007 so quickly. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought Patterson said LE spoke with TM the day LG was found. Also I've heard comments attributed to LE that they were "holding things close to the vest" because of the Anthony case. Yet LE neglected to tell their main witness not to speak to the media?

BBM: A former law professor contacted Money.

One of Money’s former Mercer professors got in touch with him in early July.

Stephen Mark McDaniel had been named by police as a “person of interest” in the killing and dismemberment of Lauren Giddings. She had been McDaniel’s law-school classmate and next-door neighbor.

“My first response was, ‘Are you kidding?’’’ Money said by phone Monday in an interview with The Telegraph. “I was shocked.”

The information about McDaniel that Money shared with detectives was cited in the murder warrant that authorities served McDaniel Aug. 2.

It is interesting to think if this crime had never happened, McD's youth would have been considered 'quirky.' His interest in various plots would have seemed 'eccentric.' Even his reported interest in murder and mayhem would have been seen as a great review for his career path. Learn how the criminal mind works, so as a prosecutor, you can recognize certain things. Just about everything he has said or done could be turned into a positive if this crime had not happened.

However, it did happen. Every single thing is analyzed and debated. The exact same thing that could have been considered an asset is now perceived as proof of criminal behavior. It's a little scary to think about what in our own lives could be turned into evidence against us. Starting with what would be called "an obsessive interest in violent crimes and murder" based on our posting here. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Our career choices would be scrutinized. Me, for example, studying psychology. It would turn into learning how to pick the perfect victim, or how to fake mental illness. Or a doctor, he or she would be plotting ways to torture victims in his or her care. Or a soldier, learning how to hide bodies after mutilating them. Or LE, learning how to frame a suspect for their own crimes. School volunteer, lulling others into a false sense of security putting you in direct contact with possible future victims.

Where we live. Rural areas to bury bodies. City areas for nameless victims. Suburbs for easy access to victims who trust you. Where we shop. God, help us if we ever go to a Walmart! And that is just because it is Walmart. I'm not even talking about how all criminals seem to end up there. :p Who we hang out with. What we do on our off days. Where we vacation. Everything taken apart and turned into something else.

Granted, that is not the case for hopefully any of us. But it could be twisted. Kind of terrifying to think of how easily something we do without a second thought could be used against us if we ever ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Eh, just thinking. That can be a dangerous thing. ;)

BBM: A former law professor contacted Money.

Thanks, I'll go back and listen to Patterson's response in the hearing again. My other concern was Patterson indicated that the tenant in the apt below LG was a POI initially. He could not remember that person's name and only one of the 15 friends who came to the station. If he was considering him a POI wouldn't Patterson remember his name? Sounds like LE zeroed in on SM pretty quick.

That is interesting....:detective:

Funny some of the similarities of the cases.

That long fingernail issue is a strange one.. Definitely fine to be different.. My son has always said who wants to be like everyone else?.. Boring.. And I absolutely agree and personally feel quite the same.. But let me clarify there is a huge difference in being different vs. Being "creepy", to use a word that is often describing Stephen from multiple sources and from many years of knowing him.. That word is consistently associated with Stephen and IMO the reason is due to particular behaviors he has exhibited throughout the years.. They are not in a very normal, and actually very healthy category of being "different" these behaviors far overreach the boundaries of being "different" they are behaviors which unlike being different is just an individuals expressing himself, whereas the behaviors Stephen exhibited had underlying anger and Ill will toward other individuals.. They were not just unique ways of expressing himself.. He was using the long fingernails as a weapon to attempt to intimidate, to strike fear in, and even ppl who don't want to say they believe him to be capable of the murder, even they admit that he lashed out with the long nails and would actually physically scratch Others.. Not just once or twice but this was a known occurrence *that Stephen did to others..

That does not even begin to fall into the benign classification of being "different".. My entire life anyone who knows me knows that I am one to encourage difference, individuality, and having no fear or shame to be who you are.. And what Stephen McDaniel has exhibited is not anywhere in that classification IMO.. His behaviors are entirely different and separate from what is a good and healthy expression of one's self.. His are not only NOT innocent expressions of himself which only affect one's self but rather much the opposite of actually being behaviors indicative of much underlying anger, hatred; etc completely misdirected and inflicted on innocent individuals who have the misfortune of coming into contact with him.. So, too is exactly what was inflicted on Lauren.. A life's worth of anger, hatred, and pent up frustrations unleashed on her and sadly it was NOT just in the way that many describe his actions for years of using his fingernails to lash out and scratch her.. Unfortunately for Lauren by the point in time that she had the misfortune of crossing paths with this sick individual it had far escalated from long fingernails lashing out and scratching.. It had escalated to something much worse, much deeper, and much more depraved.. But no mistaking it is those same exact thought processes, feelings, and bitter anger that bubbled beneath when Stephen would lash out scratching with his nails that were literally seen and viewed as a weapon by himself..

Great Post!:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member