GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does that post sound so familiar to me??? Not all of it, but the part about barbecuing and v-card, sexy neighbor. It doesn't ring a bell to anyone? :waitasec: I'm going to search through my notes again.

IMO it is a reasonable possibility that after Lauren returned from the drive through with her dinner, McD could have knocked on her door with some contrived story regarding studying for the bar and brought into the conversation an invite for a drink. He could have had the drink in his hand and offered it to her right then and there in her apt. There are many possibilities of how he could have presented a drink to her. When a victim is totally unsuspecting s/he is totally vulnerable to the prep. And that is the advantage the Mcd had over Lauren. So, yes, I do think it is possible and even likely that he offered her a drink and she took it so as not to be rude. In the book, The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, she informs the reader that of all emotions 'feeling pity' for a sociopath makes a person the most vulnerable victim. Lauren Gidding did think that McD was creepy, but she also felt pity for him in that she invited him to the graduation celebration and as expressed by some of Lauren's close friends.
The post below has a lot of fact in it: McD did lose it on TV in the interview once he was informed the body had been discovered. The torso was thrown out into the trash. Her arms and legs have not been discovered. Following that line of thought as revealed in McD's post below plus the fact that Lauren was unsuspecting and felt sorry for McD, I do not discount the possibility that he did give her the drink and that she drank it.

“Party hard by drinking alone in front of my computer. See my sexy neighbor/classmate come home late. She has talked to me occasionally in the past. Has wanted (to have sex) for three years. Invite her up for a nightcap, make her a special drink called a Mickey Finn.”

Winters explained that a Mickey Finn is a drink “laced with drugs to make you unconscious.”

Then he continued reading: “She’s out cold. I finally lose my V-card. Oh, no, she OD’d and died. I barbecue her legs and arms to celebrate losing my V-card. Not into organ meat, but throw her torso out, lose it on TV while the cops are discovering her remains, you mad virgins.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/04/03/1973472/mcdaniel-pleads-not-guilty-to.html#storylink=cpy

You make excellent points about sociopaths.

I have often thought, when I have felt sort of "alone" in having doubts about SM's guilt, that maybe I am making the same mistake Lauren did. She and I both have April birthdays coming up -- and our common sun sign, while tough and bold in many ways, has a reputation for a certain kind of almost-naivete.

If SM is a sociopath, and if he committed this murder, Lauren very well may have fallen right into his trap, I agree. Not because she wasn't plenty smart, or because she didn't get "weird vibes" from him ... but because she wanted to believe the best she could about him.

About the post though -- I agree that, if SM is a sociopath and killed Lauren, the scenario given in the post is certainly a possible one. But I just don't believe that SM made that post as SoL. He couldn't have made it after the fact, IMO -- by the time he "lost it on TV" he was firmly in the sights of LE and I don't believe he had the time or inclination to run post about it before he was taken back for more questioning and ultimately arrested.

As far as making it ahead of time, in anticipation, could be -- but we never found it, and a few of the points -- such as "losing it on TV" while police are finding her body -- just make no sense if you go with it being posted in advance.

I think somehow there has been a screw-up about that post. If it was made on the chan site, I believe someone else made it. If I am right about the screw-up, it is going to look bad for LE/Winters when it's cleared up. That's going to be a shame, if SM is indeed guilty of this.

As I think MaconMom said, it IS possible that such a post was made and we are getting bits and pieces of it, all out of context. But wouldn't we remember that post -- with those sorts of references? We remember all kinds of other much-less-obviously-linked bizarreness from his posts -- surely we would remember one so damning as this.

Why does that post sound so familiar to me??? Not all of it, but the part about barbecuing and v-card, sexy neighbor. It doesn't ring a bell to anyone? :waitasec: I'm going to search through my notes again.

bessie, this may sound contrary to what I have been saying, but it also sounds familiar to me! I am thinking maybe I saw it later when lurking around on opchan, with someone doing a "SoL imitation", so to speak. The v-card is what seems familiar to me -- because I think I remember thinking, what the heck's a v-card ... and then ... oh.

I would think maybe he posted it in one of those "hypothetical" posts, putting himself into someone's else's shoes to comment as he sometimes did -- that would account for my reservations about him openly announcing on that particular site that he was a virgin -- but, again, wouldn't we have JUMPED right onto that post as the most damning of all...?

I would appreciate some clarification about the bond issue. The hearing today was for the murder charge. Will there be separate bond hearings for the child exploitation charge and the burglary charge? If he is granted bond for the murder charge and not granted bond for one of the other charges, will he be put back in jail?

I would appreciate some clarification about the bond issue. The hearing today was for the murder charge. Will there be separate bond hearings for the child exploitation charge and the burglary charge? If he is granted bond for the murder charge and not granted bond for one of the other charges, will he be put back in jail?

As i understand, if granted bond (and able to make the bond) on the murder charge, he will remain in jail until the child exploitation charges are dealt with. Now, they were indicted within the 90-day time frame, so he would not have that "pass" to be entitled to bond on those charges -- but I imagine bond is sometimes granted for such charges.

As for the burglary, that has never been indicted, so -- seems like it might be hard for them to deny a bond there now.

You make excellent points about sociopaths.

I have often thought, when I have felt sort of "alone" in having doubts about SM's guilt, that maybe I am making the same mistake Lauren did. She and I both have April birthdays coming up -- and our common sun sign, while tough and bold in many ways, has a reputation for a certain kind of almost-naivete.

If SM is a sociopath, and if he committed this murder, Lauren very well may have fallen right into his trap, I agree. Not because she wasn't plenty smart, or because she didn't get "weird vibes" from him ... but because she wanted to believe the best she could about him.

About the post though -- I agree that, if SM is a sociopath and killed Lauren, the scenario given in the post is certainly a possible one. But I just don't believe that SM made that post as SoL. He couldn't have made it after the fact, IMO -- by the time he "lost it on TV" he was firmly in the sights of LE and I don't believe he had the time or inclination to run post about it before he was taken back for more questioning and ultimately arrested.

As far as making it ahead of time, in anticipation, could be -- but we never found it, and a few of the points -- such as "losing it on TV" while police are finding her body -- just make no sense if you go with it being posted in advance.

I think somehow there has been a screw-up about that post. If it was made on the chan site, I believe someone else made it. If I am right about the screw-up, it is going to look bad for LE/Winters when it's cleared up. That's going to be a shame, if SM is indeed guilty of this.

As I think MaconMom said, it IS possible that such a post was made and we are getting bits and pieces of it, all out of context. But wouldn't we remember that post -- with those sorts of references? We remember all kinds of other much-less-obviously-linked bizarreness from his posts -- surely we would remember one so damning as this.

If the post was pinned by McD, then it was certainly written after Lauren's body was discovered in the trash can which is also after McD's TV interview.
As you say, it would not make sense otherwise.
As for time to type it, how long did is take me to type these few lines?
2 to 3 minutes?
McD was released from the police interview that morning, June 30th, then Det. Paterson interviewed him inside his apt. He was not arrested for burglary until the following morning at 5 AM on July 1. He was free in his apartment ALL night. He had all night to reflect on the shocking events of that day. 2 minutes is all he needed to type that post. IMO

One thought that has occurred to me regarding the post cited by Winters today -- and I'll bring it on out, for balance, since I have been arguing mostly from the "other side" on this -- is that, while I really don't believe Macon LE knew much or anything about the SoL posts we found BEFORE we found them -- it is possible the FBI was already on to them. (Still don't understand why/when he would have posted that, though, if it was as straightforward-right-on-this-case as Winters made it sound today. And, also, seems like the chan folks would have remembered that one pretty quickly, even if the FBI had already come in and "removed" that one post.)

If the post was pinned by McD, then it was certainly written after Lauren's body was discovered in the trash can which is also after McD's TV interview.
As you say, it would not make sense otherwise.
As for time to type it, how long did is take me to type these few lines?
2 to 3 minutes?
McD was released from the police interview that morning, June 30th, then Det. Paterson interviewed him inside his apt. He was not arrested for burglary until the following morning at 5 AM on July 1. He was free in his apartment ALL night. He had all night to reflect on the shocking events of that day. 2 minutes is all he needed to type that post. IMO

But, as I understand, they started watching him extremely closely RIGHT after the interview and soon took him back down to the department for more questioning -- hours of it -- and he stayed there, not free in his apartment, until his arrest the next morning. MAYBE he could have found 2 minutes under that kind of scrutiny -- but why in the world would he post that, if his intent was to get away with murder, while the police were buzzing about and about to scoop him up...? I know -- crazy murderers do crazy stuff -- it's just that I can't buy into this one, just yet.

But, as I understand, they started watching him extremely closely RIGHT after the interview and soon took him back down to the department for more questioning -- hours of it -- and he stayed there, not free in his apartment, until his arrest the next morning. MAYBE he could have found 2 minutes under that kind of scrutiny -- but why in the world would he post that, if his intent was to get away with murder, while the police were buzzing about and about to scoop him up...? I know -- crazy murderers do crazy stuff -- it's just that I can't buy into this one, just yet.

Thanks for the clarification, Backwoods. I always thought LE came to his apt and arrested him. As for why McD would make that post... it goes along with all the other abnormalities in his life. WHY? for so many unanswered things he did

Backwoods is right. LE was all over the complex from the time he gave the interview. Some of us even thought he prolonged the interview because he knew LE would be waiting to question him again. In the photo where it looks like the detective is helping him up the stairs, it appears to be late afternoon or early evening. I think that's when the questioning in his apartment began, and he admitted to stealing condoms from other apartments. They took him to the station after midnight, I believe, and he was booked very early in the morning. It's very unlikely he would've been able to chat online.

I still say I've read portions of that post. BW, remember when you saw the comment late one night that mentioned his internet posts? You posted about it here, but by then it was gone. Do you recall what the post said?

http://news.telegraph-online.com/dc/120403-McDanielBondSupport.html

I love that the professors' letter is from 2008....you think the Defense isn't grasping at straws? I know if it was me up there I would have several professors writing letters about me in 2012, not four years ago. And the letter from the professor discusses nothing about his character. All about his mind and wanting to learn and succeed. Yawn. And who cares about affidavits from his parents and the bar exam paper? So Ted Bundy was a killer and went to law school.

And I hate when they try to tie the church in. Really? Some of the sickest and most malicious people said God made them do it.

http://news.telegraph-online.com/dc/120403-McDanielBondSupport.html

I love that the professors' letter is from 2008....you think the Defense isn't grasping at straws? I know if it was me up there I would have several professors writing letters about me in 2012, not four years ago. And the letter from the professor discusses nothing about his character. All about his mind and wanting to learn and succeed. Yawn. And who cares about affidavits from his parents and the bar exam paper? So Ted Bundy was a killer and went to law school.

And I hate when they try to tie the church in. Really? Some of the sickest and most malicious people said God made them do it.

Okay sorry one professor, currently, calls him gentle, conscientious and kind but still.....grasping at straws for me....bored

I see ya'll are all over what kept me up last night about the case. The internet posting, and it sounds to most all of us that this is the first time we have heard of it . I did not go through everything on opcahn, but I know we had other sleuthers that did , and I feel 100% positive we would all have posted about that one or remembered it. So, perhaps it was some weird e mail to someone or a post on opchan that got deleted and retrieved from their archives by police. IDK. It is extremely hard for me to believe he posted this after he did it, he can't be that stupid. Perhaps right after graduation, he posted it like a joke or a fantasy, but then he actually followed through on it to see if he could actually do it. The family genealogy stuff is just to show that he has ties to the community, would not flee. It can't hurt to present. He has a smirk on his face I would like to blast off with a shotgun. And his eyes, those eyes, I have seen them before somewhere ... http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/manson.html

Far be it from me to claim any expertise on the matter, but that post reads like channish trolling to me. Someone impersonated him for the lulz, as it were, and is now laughing pretty hard that the result (including the jabs at McD's sexual inexperience) would be taken as evidence in a court of law.

I could be wrong, but in the absence of compelling digital forensics I'm skeptical. Still think he's guilty, but I'm not convinced he wrote the post.

Well, I almost forgot about mcd's first roommate who came forward with the story that eerily sounded like Lauren's murder.

This could have been a big theme from the get go.
Also, there were rumors of cannibalism from the very start. Is this where the rumor originated?

Also, there were rumors of cannibalism from the very start. Is this where the rumor originated?

Angela posted early on in her blog that she had heard a rumor from a reliable source that there were bite marks on the breast area. That's the only thing I can think of that's connected to cannibalism.

Backwoods is right. LE was all over the complex from the time he gave the interview. Some of us even thought he prolonged the interview because he knew LE would be waiting to question him again. In the photo where it looks like the detective is helping him up the stairs, it appears to be late afternoon or early evening. I think that's when the questioning in his apartment began, and he admitted to stealing condoms from other apartments. They took him to the station after midnight, I believe, and he was booked very early in the morning. It's very unlikely he would've been able to chat online.

I still say I've read portions of that post. BW, remember when you saw the comment late one night that mentioned his internet posts? You posted about it here, but by then it was gone. Do you recall what the post said?

bbm: bessie, the comment didn't go away, in fact, it's still there -- justiceforlauren posted the link yesterday, but here it is again:

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

Underneath the story, the comment made on Aug. 21 at 6:10 a.m. is the one that I brought back here... and it tipped us to username SoL, and MaconMom took off with that and had his posts found by, at latest, the next day I believe.

bbm: bessie, the comment didn't go away, in fact, it's still there -- justiceforlauren posted the link yesterday, but here it is again:

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

Underneath the story, the comment made on Aug. 21 at 6:10 a.m. is the one that I brought back here... and it tipped us to username SoL, and MaconMom took off with that and had his posts found by, at latest, the next day I believe.
I remember that very well. LOL. MaconMom came on with the link about nine hours later, and Wondergirl was right on her heels with a googlecache full of links to his posts. Then everyone got busy.

I have screenshots of the comment from the news article and the post it references. So I was clear on that, but after reviewing all of his posts on "the other site" for the umpteenth time, by 5am I was getting punchy. :aktion1::aktion1: Thanks for your help. :)

There is no question I've seen that post, or snips of it. I've read over all of the post I have copied, which include the ones posted downstairs plus others I found more recently, and it's not there. I might've seen it referenced by another poster in one of the discussions about his arrest, and dismissed it as a hoax. That's the only conclusion I can come to now because obviously if I'd seen it posted by "Sol", I would've noted it. But that's neither her nor there.

The question at hand is whether or not the post is properly attributed to McD. I believe the evidence is true. Proof would not rely on user names alone. It would come from date stamped files on McD's computer and/or the site's server, which would show the IP address and location of the computer that transmitted the post.

I remember that very well. LOL. MaconMom came on with the link about nine hours later, and Wondergirl was right on her heels with a googlecache full of links to his posts. Then everyone got busy.

I have screenshots of the comment from the news article and the post it references. So I was clear on that, but after reviewing all of his posts on "the other site" for the umpteenth time, by 5am I was getting punchy. :aktion1::aktion1: Thanks for your help. :)

There is no question I've seen that post, or snips of it. I've read over all of the post I have copied, which include the ones posted downstairs plus others I found more recently, and it's not there. I might've seen it referenced by another poster in one of the discussions about his arrest, and dismissed it as a hoax. That's the only conclusion I can come to now because obviously if I'd seen it posted by "Sol", I would've noted it. But that's neither her nor there.

The question at hand is whether or not the post is properly attributed to McD. I believe the evidence is true. Proof would not rely on user names alone. It would come from date stamped files on McD's computer and/or the site's server, which would show the IP address and location of the computer that transmitted the post.

bbm: I'm not ready to accept it as good evidence myself. Do understand that a lot could be used to id the post, but I still think -- JMO -- someone has goofed (maybe Winters) ... OR, more likely, someone is going for a sensational impact in a tricky although probably legal manner. I can hardly see either of those happening, but it's what I'm believing at the moment.

bessie, sounds like you have visited the "other site" in latter times, too, as I have from time to time. Did YOU ever see someone post as SoL or something obviously meant to look like SoL, after the time SM was in jail? I wish some of our buds from that site would come forward on this one... the downstairs area is still there, guys!

Angela posted early on in her blog that she had heard a rumor from a reliable source that there were bite marks on the breast area. That's the only thing I can think of that's connected to cannibalism.

Not directly related, just jumping off from here: In the comments on the latest macon.com story, there is a mention of hearing that an article of clothing was found with/on the torso. Could be just a rumor, I know -- but wondering, have we ever heard that?

http://www.macon.com/2012/04/03/1973472/mcdaniel-pleads-not-guilty-to.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member