GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it's weird that the defense is bringing out all these exhibits showing the genealogy of the McDaniels? I dont understand what that has to do with him getting out on bond. I can understand current family connections in the area but what do his ancestors from 100 years ago have to do with anything? It sounds to me like they're grasping at straws.

It did strike me as odd, actually. It's interesting, but...?

For all I know, that may be a common kind of tactic in such a proceeding, to prove ties to a geographic area -- but the weird thing is that I kept thinking, "OK, and...?" -- expecting them to go on to other matters, social ties, etc.

Winters said McDaniel told police that if the dogs sensed anything, it was because something “jumped on me while I was walking through the parking lot.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/04/03/1973472/mcdaniel-pleads-not-guilty-to.html#storylink=cpy

I remembered him saying that he had been searching for Lauren in her apartment and he might have picked up a scent there.
GET IT TOGETHER WINTERS!

I remember Det. Patterson testifying to the second version, for sure. Maybe two separate conversations?

Mickey Finn, yeah that's the ticket...what is this 1910?

I know! I had to go look that one up. I've never heard it before. And "v-card"?

And another thought I just had. Does anyone really believe Lauren willingly went to his apartment for drinks (or a "nightcap")? People have said she thought he was creepy and didn't like to be around him.

That is really interesting, 'shivers.

Do you remember what day "that day" was?

It was around June 26th or June 27th maybe. I was talking on my cell phone the whole time, so I could pull my records and see...I do not live in Macon anymore, so it would be narrowed down to one day.

I saw him all over the store. I remember thinking he was everywhere I turned.

I didn't see what he had or anything...I don't remember him having a cart either...but who knows.

And another thought I just had. Does anyone really believe Lauren willingly went to his apartment for drinks (or a "nightcap")? People have said she thought he was creepy and didn't like to be around him.

He doesn't seem to have a moral compass, so I don't put much stock in what he says. This was like male locker room talk to me...90% BS and 10% truth...he also said she wanted sexy times with him for 4 years...please!

I'm saying again -- and then I'll try to hush about it for a while, lol -- something ain't right with the citing of this particular post.

Yeah, that's the version I remembered, too, what Patterson testified to. (But what I'm saying is -- maybe SM made several similar remarks or LE pressed him for further comment or he could have talked to more than one detective about this ... and maybe "parking lot" came up at some point, too.)

Maybe...grasping at straws...covering all his bases. I was just thinking that if he was shaking his head and scribbling something it might have been that he said the other and it would make Winters look like he didn't know what he was talking about.

So when Winters reads the post in question, he read something like "My sexy neighbor comes home late from a graduation party...." I totally paraphrased that but I did want to point out that the graduation party part was not reprinted on Macon.com. I know we all want to know when that post was made. I know that Stephen and Lauren graduated from law school on Saturday, May 21st 2011. Since he talked about a party specifically in celebration of graduation....it makes me think it was around that time. Maybe right before May 21st; maybe the night of. Maybe that's when he started to really finalize his "plans."

I agree that it's pretty bizarre to have this post come to light and anyone planning a murder would be a complete moron to post about your plan. But I watch shows like 48 Hours Mystery and Dateline all the time and I see things from other cases that seem pretty stupid for people to have done. I think he had this all planned and calculated. I even sort of think he planned on getting caught and he's ENJOYING all of this. Just my opinion.

I wish I knew how to search the "other" site for posts made by "SoL" (or something VERY similar, say maybe SOL, clearly posing as SoL) since the time SM has been incarcerated. I know there was at least one, because I saw it -- did a double-take before I realized it was sort of a sick joke. Just wish I could remember what it said!!!

But things get deleted off that site so quickly and unpredictably nowadays, it seems ...

It was around June 26th or June 27th maybe. I was talking on my cell phone the whole time, so I could pull my records and see...I do not live in Macon anymore, so it would be narrowed down to one day.

I saw him all over the store. I remember thinking he was everywhere I turned.

I didn't see what he had or anything...I don't remember him having a cart either...but who knows.

You know June 26th is the day that is actually listed on her death certificate as the day she died (according to the interview with her boyfriend). I remember that June 26th was a Sunday. Do you perhaps remember what day of the week you were in Macon? Maybe that helps?

Remember when something was mentioned about him being a V and we were all wondering how that came up in the interrogation? We were speculating that it had to do with the stolen condoms...could it have been because the police knew about these posts?

You know June 26th is the day that is actually listed on her death certificate as the day she died (according to the interview with her boyfriend). I remember that June 26th was a Sunday. Do you perhaps remember what day of the week you were in Macon? Maybe that helps?
I am thinking it was during the week...so that would have been June 27th.

Just checked, it was probably June 27th around 5:15 PM

I wish I knew how to search the "other" site for posts made by "SoL" (or something VERY similar, say maybe SOL, clearly posing as SoL) since the time SM has been incarcerated. I know there was at least one, because I saw it -- did a double-take before I realized it was sort of a sick joke. Just wish I could remember what it said!!!

But things get deleted off that site so quickly and unpredictably nowadays, it seems ...

The search I did a long time ago no longer works on that site. It appears they've revamped their site and moved a lot of things to an archive. Looks like the administration and everything else has changed on the site since the whole FBI incident.

Remember when something was mentioned about him being a V and we were all wondering how that came up in the interrogation? We were speculating that it had to do with the stolen condoms...could it have been because the police knew about these posts?

That is an interesting possible connection -- good thinking, for sure. But I REALLY think the LE did not know about those posts then, and probably not until after we found them, no matter what they are saying. Again, could be wrong, just IMO, but... .

Also, I really think SM made no such post as the one we heard about today, also JMO.

IMO it is a reasonable possibility that after Lauren returned from the drive through with her dinner, McD could have knocked on her door with some contrived story regarding studying for the bar and brought into the conversation an invite for a drink. He could have had the drink in his hand and offered it to her right then and there in her apt. There are many possibilities of how he could have presented a drink to her. When a victim is totally unsuspecting s/he is totally vulnerable to the prep. And that is the advantage the Mcd had over Lauren. So, yes, I do think it is possible and even likely that he offered her a drink and she took it so as not to be rude. In the book, The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, she informs the reader that of all emotions 'feeling pity' for a sociopath makes a person the most vulnerable victim. Lauren Gidding did think that McD was creepy, but she also felt pity for him in that she invited him to the graduation celebration and as expressed by some of Lauren's close friends.
The post below has a lot of fact in it: McD did lose it on TV in the interview once he was informed the body had been discovered. The torso was thrown out into the trash. Her arms and legs have not been discovered. Following that line of thought as revealed in McD's post below plus the fact that Lauren was unsuspecting and felt sorry for McD, I do not discount the possibility that he did give her the drink and that she drank it.

“Party hard by drinking alone in front of my computer. See my sexy neighbor/classmate come home late. She has talked to me occasionally in the past. Has wanted (to have sex) for three years. Invite her up for a nightcap, make her a special drink called a Mickey Finn.”

Winters explained that a Mickey Finn is a drink “laced with drugs to make you unconscious.”

Then he continued reading: “She’s out cold. I finally lose my V-card. Oh, no, she OD’d and died. I barbecue her legs and arms to celebrate losing my V-card. Not into organ meat, but throw her torso out, lose it on TV while the cops are discovering her remains, you mad virgins.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/04/03/1973472/mcdaniel-pleads-not-guilty-to.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni