GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did do that after (but if I had time to go back thru) a commenter on Macon.com maybe alerted people to the Sol postings.

I believe I was the one who stumbled upon the posts on the "other site" originally (along with some help from Wondergirl I think it was and maybe one or two others to track them down). When I found them, the posters on the "other site" had already made the connection between SoL and SMD. They knew who he was, and there were comments made that they should remove his posts. They had time to do that, but I am not convinced they did. Angelanalyzes is the one who alerted someone at MPD and they were surprised to learn of the posts, so I think they didn't discover them until we did. (BTW, pretty cool that we dug up something crucial to the case!)

Anyway I remember going through every post SMD made and I never saw anything like what they have stated in the news articles. In fact I dont think I saw any posts near the date of Lauren's death. My gut reaction is disbelief that either a.) he really posted this, and b.) that anyone would be that stupid. But then I think back to some of the other posts I read and it's not too far-fetched. I'm curious to know when exactly he posted this as well, because like Backwoods said, he didn't seem to have time to do this after the body was found.

I believe I was the one who stumbled upon the posts on the "other site" originally (along with some help from Wondergirl I think it was and maybe one or two others to track them down). When I found them, the posters on the "other site" had already made the connection between SoL and SMD. They knew who he was, and there were comments made that they should remove his posts. They had time to do that, but I am not convinced they did. Angelanalyzes is the one who alerted someone at MPD and they were surprised to learn of the posts, so I think they didn't discover them until we did. (BTW, pretty cool that we dug up something crucial to the case!)

Anyway I remember going through every post SMD made and I never saw anything like what they have stated in the news articles. In fact I dont think I saw any posts near the date of Lauren's death. My gut reaction is disbelief that either a.) he really posted this, and b.) that anyone would be that stupid. But then I think back to some of the other posts I read and it's not too far-fetched. I'm curious to know when exactly he posted this as well, because like Backwoods said, he didn't seem to have time to do this after the body was found.

Yes I remember when all that happened but there still was a poster on one of the mcon sites who wrote about a similar post that Winters describes riight before you discovered the OpChan site, but I never saw it on OpChan.

Here it is....some edited comments and a link to it:

Anon said on Sunday, Aug 21 at 6:10 AM
"He went by the username SoL on two message boards that I frequented (not related much to politics or law), this news is now all over these boards. Years ago, an anonymous user posted a multi-paragraph "essay" of sorts describing committing a murder and disposing of the body either via acid bath or dismembering it and hiding all the body parts in various dumpsters and/or bodies of water around town. "

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

When you read this comment it says these posts would come up on opchan and the moderators would quickly remove them.

I believe McD posted as Sol many times and the moderators quickly deleted, hence why we never saw this post discussed in court today. I am sure the MPD and GBI were able to access any Sol posting, even if it was deleted to the public.

Yes, cocomod, I am one who is not yet fully convinced he is guilty. (This does not mean I am convinced he is innocent.)

To answer one of your questions, yes, I believe tox tests were performed.

cocomod, that is an excellent way to put it, and that is exactly my feeling- That the prosecution will not be able to get a conviction , and I mean no disrespect to Greg Winters and his staff, I don't think it would matter if Jack McCoy was trying the case , this is an era where somebody like Casey Anthony walks free , not to mention OJ. This is my biggest fear, a jury of idiots that can be persuaded will let SMcD walk. :banghead: And if I ever get in this kind of trouble I am calling Frank Hogue. He is smooth , and actually doing a good job in his interviews with TV folks explaining in laymen's terms what is going on. Local Fox affiliate said Judge Brown has requested a psychiatric evaluation of McDaniel, so I guess he is considering bond.

MaconMom, I was one who helped in the beginning of this -- I found the post on the news site (the one JusticeForLauren quotes a post or two above) and the username SoL, reported back in here, and I believe you took it from there.

I don't know about you, but I have visited the chan site a few times in recent months -- usually when a link would show up in a Google search I was doing on this case -- and the discussion on there is usually springing up in their news section from a development in the case covered in the media (much as happens here often), where someone has posted a link to an article, etc.. At least once in that time and maybe twice, I have seen where someone posted as "SoL" -- I think maybe somehow their anonymity features allow that somehow, not sure -- obviously as kind of a joke. It is possible the post being reported is one of those...?

Yes I remember when all that happened but there still was a poster on one of the mcon sites who wrote about a similar post that Winters describes riight before you discovered the OpChan site, but I never saw it on OpChan.

Right, but the poster states that the post was made by an anonymous user. IMO if SMD wrote that post, he'd have no problem posting it with his screen name. I don't think he'd post it anonymously. There are other posts he made similar to this about using chloroform and killing people that he posted under SoL, so I don't see why a post about acid baths or whatnot would be any different. Who knows, though.

Here it is....some edited comments and a link to it:

Anon said on Sunday, Aug 21 at 6:10 AM
"He went by the username SoL on two message boards that I frequented (not related much to politics or law), this news is now all over these boards. Years ago, an anonymous user posted a multi-paragraph "essay" of sorts describing committing a murder and disposing of the body either via acid bath or dismembering it and hiding all the body parts in various dumpsters and/or bodies of water around town. "

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

When you read this comment it says these posts would come up on opchan and the moderators would quickly remove them.

I believe McD posted as Sol many times and the moderators quickly deleted, hence why we never saw this post discussed in court today. I am sure the MPD and GBI were able to access any Sol posting, even if it was deleted to the public.
Actually, I am afraid of those dudes, so maybe I should just shut my mouth.

MaconMom, I was one who helped in the beginning of this -- I found the post on the news site (the one JusticeForLauren quotes a post or two above) and the username SoL, reported back in here, and I believe you took it from there.

I don't know about you, but I have visited the chan site a few times in recent months -- usually when a link would show up in a Google search I was doing on this case -- and the discussion on there is usually springing up in their news section from a development in the case covered in the media (much as happens here often), where someone has posted a link to an article, etc.. At least once in that time and maybe twice, I have seen where someone posted as "SoL" -- I think maybe somehow their anonymity features allow that somehow, not sure -- obviously as kind of a joke. It is possible the post being reported is one of those...?

You have a point. On one hand, the post Winters read just sounds hokey to me. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like there was enough time between the murder coming out in the news and SMD being arrested for someone online to have connected that he (SoL) was being accused of murder, and to log on and post a comment like that to make it look like something SoL posted. And you'd have to be pretty crazy to mess around like that anyway. I really want to know when that post was made!

You have a point. On one hand, the post Winters read just sounds hokey to me. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like there was enough time between the murder coming out in the news and SMD being arrested for someone online to have connected that he (SoL) was being accused of murder, and to log on and post a comment like that to make it look like something SoL posted. And you'd have to be pretty crazy to mess around like that anyway. I really want to know when that post was made!

Yeah, me too, bigtime! It sounds hokey to me, too -- like a sick-joke post, kinda like I was just talking about. To think SM himself posted some of those details (TV interview, mainly) beforehand stretches the imagination -- and I just don't see how he could have done so AFTER, even if he was foolish/bold enough to do so.

The post in question (if posted by someone else posing, as a joke, as SoL), could have been weeks, months later -- at least, I don't think any "timeline" is clear for just when it was posted, in the media coverage we have gotten thus far today or in what I heard Winters say in the live video (although my video maddeningly kept blipping out on me and so I missed bits and pieces).

ETA: MaconMom, didn't you (if I remember right) read most of the SoL posts right away, after you found them? And you don't remember this one. And it did seem Macon PD was truly surprised when AA tipped them ....

Only thing reasonable I can think of -- maybe it was on another site? Even so, though, all the hokey-factors we've just been discussing would still apply.... <sigh>

ETA: MaconMom, didn't you (if I remember right) read most of the SoL posts right away, after you found them? And you don't remember this one. And it did seem Macon PD was truly surprised when AA tipped them ....

Only thing reasonable I can think of -- maybe it was on another site? Even so, though, all the hokey-factors we've just been discussing would still apply.... <sigh>

Yes, many of us here read them right away. Some of the other posters on here found one or two I missed, so I can't say that post definitely wasn't there. After watching the video from court just now, Winters made it sound like they were aware of his posts after reviewing his electronic devices. However, I wonder if they really knew before Angela contacted them? Maybe they got the tip from her and found more evidence on his computer? And that could be how they found this post, if somehow it was stored on his computer history or something.

Right, but the poster states that the post was made by an anonymous user. IMO if SMD wrote that post, he'd have no problem posting it with his screen name. I don't think he'd post it anonymously. There are other posts he made similar to this about using chloroform and killing people that he posted under SoL, so I don't see why a post about acid baths or whatnot would be any different. Who knows, though.

If you read the commenter he talks about the original 4chan site where McD could have easily posted anonymously a few years ago. As he became more courageous Sol became his sign off on the new blog that I won't mention.

They did do that after (but if I had time to go back thru) a commenter on Macon.com maybe alerted people to the Sol postings. And discussed a post where the body was dismembered and prosecution today used the words "barbecued" her parts. (hate even writing that) but the old poster said something like burning the parts and putting the body parts in trash cans around town. Now this person was paraphrasing but was this the same post and did the police remove this post right away before WS got all over the Opchan blog and then the blog took the comments down.

I don't want to speak too much about that site, since it is reserved to be spoken about down under.

I think someone on this LG websleuths site turned the opchan in to macon LE once discovered by her.

Well all this the prosecution brought to the judges attention sure makes SMD look guilty if one didn't already know about it all. ON the other hand. The video I watched stopped at "the specific amount for the bond is not to keep the defendant IN JAIL (or some such).........." and it stopped

Just WHAT does the bond do if not to keep a defendant from getting bond if such exhorbitant amounts are set?? I mean that does seem to be the goal here...

Also, how DOES ONE go about setting bond? Rather......what is permissable during the bond hearing ? Not to defend SMD, but all this circumstantial evidence that the prosecution is presenting to the judge for bond..........isn't that for the trial? He's not on trial here. I'm just confused.

I mean we are all innocent until proven guilty.

If the justice system believes that, then how can they present evidence for bond that is to be presented for the trial?

Surely we all see what appears to be "guilt" of SMD but can they do that for a bond hearing? Use the evidence to prevent bond? Nothing is proven.

I'm not saying SMD should be able to post bond. Just trying to understand the justice system and how far the courts can go in holding someone they feel is guilty (through no bond) and which way websleuthers think this bond hearing will go.

Thanks

If you read the commenter he talks about the original 4chan site where McD could have easily posted anonymously a few years ago. As he became more courageous Sol became his sign off on the new blog that I won't mention.

Yes, anything is possible. Didn't Winters say that post was made under the SoL moniker though? I didn't go back and watch the video again, but I think he did. Anyway I hope MPD has solid evidence that SMD actually made that post since they're using it against him.

As far as I know, no reason has really been stated, MaconMom. It sure looks like they just "slipped up" on that one ... though of course maybe not, maybe there was some reasoning behind it, though I just can't imagine what.

He was indicted within 90 days on the sexual exploitation charges, but I believe it ran 115 days on the murder charge!

How in the world did the prosecution BLUNDER THIS????? Did they think that since he was charged with SOMETHING, it was ok to go over the 90 days? Maybe it was, judge still deciding......??

I thought I remembered one of them saying that they took down his posts on their own once they heard he was in trouble. I could be wrong though.

I thought so too, for some reason I thought all those opchan posts were before the murder

No offense taken. Well many a smart killer will finally make mistakes. It is the adrenalin, the excitement that allows them to make these mistakes. And he was proud of his idea he was about to embark on. He wrote about how he would act like a zombie if he was arrested after his shooting scene, and he sure acted that out in court. Many of these types of people are OCD in nature, so they like to have every detail planned out before they create it.

I think that, in their brain, they don't realize that other people realize what is going on. Maybe they think we are stupid. Why people often say "do I have idiot written on my forehead?" LOL. I've dealt with shady people in the past and seen their wonder at how you know what they posted on some community website...because it wasn't addressed to certain people doesnt' mean others can't VIEW IT ONLINE unless of course they are blocked or not a member in which case, the psycho should be wearing the sign on THEIR OWN forehead.

About the bloody sheet or blanket.............That's NEWS. I do recall their finding a bloody glove only to discover that it was the Landlords work glove(s) with paint on them. I wonder if DNA was on the sheet/blanket or appearance of blood was on it (as the gloves) and since no one knew or could own up to exactly WHAT it was on the sheet, they just run with it. Just like the gloves, surely the prosectution knew once it was mentioned that DNA testing would be done or something would come out about it's identity.

About the bloody sheet or blanket.............That's NEWS. I do recall their finding a bloody glove only to discover that it was the Landlords work glove(s) with paint on them. I wonder if DNA was on the sheet/blanket or appearance of blood was on it (as the gloves) and since no one knew or could own up to exactly WHAT it was on the sheet, they just run with it. Just like the gloves, surely the prosectution knew once it was mentioned that DNA testing would be done or something would come out about it's identity.

I wonder if it matches the sheets from SMD's apartment. He sure didn't clean up well with the hacksaw and everything. Also I wonder if this is why they were looking for blue fibers early on.

bbm: Yes, that sure was news. I understood Winters today to say that the substance was identified as blood but I am not sure he said that it was determined to be Lauren's blood? Anybody else hear that?

I also am wondering if the sheet could tie in to the "blue fiber evidence" LE appeared to be looking for in SM's apartment.

ETA: Sorry, MaconMom, didn't see you had just posted similar ponderings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double