GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge bringing up possibility of self-harm by defendant in case of bond -- defense attorney Hogue responds that SM is "perfectly healthy in mind and body", has shown no tendency toward suicide ... and says jail would be worse place to keep him for that concern

As I'm hearing it, judge made no decision about bond, said he wants to think about it for a few days

Session is over

reporters are still interviewing defense attorneys at live link though -- hard to hear

Thanks for the posts, guys. Looks like I'll have a lot of catching up to do this evening. Good to have some evidence confirmed! Btw, I remember a post about "sexy neighbor", not the MF, though. Maybe there was another one. Doesn't matter. I just feel relieved right now.

I'm not able to watch the video on my phone, but the "sexy neighbor" comment was interesting to me. Anyone know where it was posted and when? I read every one of his op chan posts and did not see that.

I also found it interesting that they confirmed they found Laurens underwear in his apt. The Telegraph had leaked that info a while back but I don't think it was officially confirmed.

Wow!!

He said McDaniel posted an obscene comment on an Internet message board. Winters said McDaniel, using the alias of "SOL", or Son of Liberty,*wrote about "my sexy neighbor... she has wanted my ____ for 4 years." Winters said McDaniel talked about giving her a "Mickey Finn" and that she "O.D.'d." The post talks about "losing it" on TV after Giddings' body is found.
http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/macon/2013/11/01/3355731/http://m.13wmaz.com/topstory/article?a=176165&f=924

Backwoods, thank you this article gives the most description. I never knew a bloody towel was found? Also this SOL post I never saw and it went on to describe her dismemberment and garbage dump?? Remember before we all found the SOL postings, a commenter maybe on Macon.com ?? Stated that there were some posts like this but then none of us could find them. Maybe McD had someone take it down but when the police got involved the site had to show them all postings and they had this one.

And is it still circumstantial evidence because his DNA is not on her underwear? I realize the posts are circumstantial but c'mon don't you think if he is smart and this was premeditated (and all rumor but i pretty much know it was premeditated) McD found some amazing wear that doesn't release any DNA on any of these physical items? If he gets off on that, again I will drive down to Macon and sit in protest.

I wish that he would have told where he put the rest of Lauren in that post. Why oh why can't they find the rest of her? She needs a proper burial. I had no doubt that they had the right guy, but wow!! :thud:

I had NO idea that he would post something so very graphic and so very personal right after this horrible crime. With as much as he "planned" to get away with the "perfect" crime, I am a bit astonished that he was SO bold!!

Poor Lauren! Possibly he really did drug her. Did LE perform tox tests on her torso? Justice is coming Lauren (slowly, but surely)! I KNOW that a jury will not let this evil back out on the streets.

I have to ask - are there any left here on this WS thread that truely doubt his guilt?? Or do you only doubt the ability of the prosecution to get a conviction? I think that this post that he left on that sight is idicative that we do NOT know all of the evidence against him yet.

I'm not able to watch the video on my phone, but the "sexy neighbor" comment was interesting to me. Anyone know where it was posted and when? I read every one of his op chan posts and did not see that.

I also found it interesting that they confirmed they found Laurens underwear in his apt. The Telegraph had leaked that info a while back but I don't think it was officially confirmed.

As I said above, I don't remember that post either ... not on the site we "investigated", anyhow!

Backwoods, thank you this article gives the most description. I never knew a bloody towel was found? Also this SOL post I never saw and it went on to describe her dismemberment and garbage dump?? Remember before we all found the SOL postings, a commenter maybe on Macon.com ?? Stated that there were some posts like this but then none of us could find them. Maybe McD had someone take it down but when the police got involved the site had to show them all postings and they had this one.

And is it still circumstantial evidence because his DNA is not on her underwear? I realize the posts are circumstantial but c'mon don't you think if he is smart and this was premeditated (and all rumor but i pretty much know it was premeditated) McD found some amazing wear that doesn't release any DNA on any of these physical items? If he gets off on that, again I will drive down to Macon and sit in protest.

BBM: That's one thing I forgot to post as I watched the video (for those who couldn't watch the live video) -- Winters said something about a bloody item (I believe he said a sheet) found in the laundry area.

I wish that he would have told where he put the rest of Lauren in that post. Why oh why can't they find the rest of her? She needs a proper burial. I had no doubt that they had the right guy, but wow!! :thud:

I had NO idea that he would post something so very graphic and so very personal right after this horrible crime. With as much as he "planned" to get away with the "perfect" crime, I am a bit astonished that he was SO bold!!

Poor Lauren! Possibly he really did drug her. Did LE perform tox tests on her torso? Justice is coming Lauren (slowly, but surely)! I KNOW that a jury will not let this evil back out on the streets.

I have to ask - are there any left here on this WS thread that truely doubt his guilt?? Or do you only doubt the ability of the prosecution to get a conviction? I think that this post that he left on that sight is idicative that we do NOT know all of the evidence against him yet.

Yes, cocomod, I am one who is not yet fully convinced he is guilty. (This does not mean I am convinced he is innocent.)

To answer one of your questions, yes, I believe tox tests were performed.

I guess it doesn't say this was on the chan site, specifically??

It is really hard for me to believe he posted that anywhere. When would he have had opportunity to post that after he "lost it on TV"? Or if this was all "hypothetical" in-advance stuff -- it is hard for me to believe he would be that stupid, sorry.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but reports of this particular post sound fishy to me.

BBM: That's one thing I forgot to post as I watched the video (for those who couldn't watch the live video) -- Winters said something about a bloody item (I believe he said a sheet) found in the laundry area.

It did. Sorry I was so disgusted with video that I wrote that by mistake. I have tried to post two juicy posts and site keeps on freezing and erasing my posts. So sorry.

Will have to come out later.

I guess it doesn't say this was on the chan site, specifically??

It is really hard for me to believe he posted that anywhere. When would he have had opportunity to post that after he "lost it on TV"? Or if this was all "hypothetical" in-advance stuff -- it is hard for me to believe he would be that stupid, sorry.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but reports of this particular post sound fishy to me.

Backwoods, this was premeditated. It could have totally been posted before it happened

Backwoods, this was premeditated. It could have totally been posted before it happened

The Telegraph link you referred to above is really confusing about this particular post. First, it seems to say that Winters said the post was made before the murder...but then a bit further on it seems to be coming after the murder...?

JusticeForLauren, I do feel very much for your family, please believe me. Me not being "convinced" yet about SM is not meant to be like a slap in the face, I promise you!

If he did do it, and it was premeditated -- it still boggles my mind to think he would post online about it in this sort of detail. Just really stupid -- or maybe he could have wanted to get caught, I don't know... . To "anticipate" that you would "lose it" in a TV interview afterwards seems way bizarre to me. And I just don't see when he would have had a chance afterwards to post about that, since he was pretty much taken back to the station and eventually arrested not long after the interview...?

I thought I remembered one of them saying that they took down his posts on their own once they heard he was in trouble. I could be wrong though.

The Telegraph link you referred to above is really confusing about this particular post. First, it seems to say that Winters said the post was made before the murder...but then a bit further on it seems to be coming after the murder...?

JusticeForLauren, I do feel very much for your family, please believe me. Me not being "convinced" yet about SM is not meant to be like a slap in the face, I promise you!

If he did do it, and it was premeditated -- it still boggles my mind to think he would post online about it in this sort of detail. Just really stupid -- or maybe he could have wanted to get caught, I don't know... . To "anticipate" that you would "lose it" in a TV interview afterwards seems way bizarre to me. And I just don't see when he would have had a chance afterwards to post about that, since he was pretty much taken back to the station and eventually arrested not long after the interview...?

No offense taken. Well many a smart killer will finally make mistakes. It is the adrenalin, the excitement that allows them to make these mistakes. And he was proud of his idea he was about to embark on. He wrote about how he would act like a zombie if he was arrested after his shooting scene, and he sure acted that out in court. Many of these types of people are OCD in nature, so they like to have every detail planned out before they create it.

I thought I remembered one of them saying that they took down his posts on their own once they heard he was in trouble. I could be wrong though.

They did do that after (but if I had time to go back thru) a commenter on Macon.com maybe alerted people to the Sol postings. And discussed a post where the body was dismembered and prosecution today used the words "barbecued" her parts. (hate even writing that) but the old poster said something like burning the parts and putting the body parts in trash cans around town. Now this person was paraphrasing but was this the same post and did the police remove this post right away before WS got all over the Opchan blog and then the blog took the comments down.

I don't want to speak too much about that site, since it is reserved to be spoken about down under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double