GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the post Winters seemed to cite today, which so far nobody on here seems to remember seeing anyhow -- can anyone remember any other references he posted to being a virgin? I sure don't. Another hokey thing to me about the "post" in question.

If he makes bail....SMD's family believes he's innocent, so I am pretty sure they will let him around his sister's children. That is worrisome if those files were his. :twocents:

Does the "downstairs" thread for discussion of those posts still exist -- if so, anybody got a link? I'm having trouble finding it.

ETA: Got it -- thanks!

If he makes bail....SMD's family believes he's innocent, so I am pretty sure they will let him around his sister's children. That is worrisome if those files were his. :twocents:

Don't know if you got to watch the court session today, but that's one of the stipulations the prosecution asked for, that he be forbidden to be around children. Also, defense volunteered that there are children in his parents' home, where he would likely be, saying something like -- "of course, they are his siblings." (And I guess legally they are, if they are indeed formally adopted by his parents.)

Other than the post Winters seemed to cite today, which so far nobody on here seems to remember seeing anyhow -- can anyone remember any other references he posted to being a virgin? I sure don't. Another hokey thing to me about the "post" in question.

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. We are on the same wavelength today. In his other posts, it seemed to me as SMD was trying to come across as macho and cool. I thought it was odd that he'd admit to being a virgin at age 26 or however old he is (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not something I would have pictured him admitting to).

I wonder if it matches the sheets from SMD's apartment. He sure didn't clean up well with the hacksaw and everything. Also I wonder if this is why they were looking for blue fibers early on.

Good point about the blue fibers!!! I wonder if this is what the dogs hit on in his bedroom.

More coverage from another local TV station:

Judge Considering Bond Request for Stephen McDaniel

At Tuesday's hearing Judge Brown also ordered the DA's office to hand over evidence they have compiled in the case to the defense by April 20th.
read more at: http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/11402-judge-considering-bond-request-for-stephen-mcdaniel

On the sentence I quoted: Is this correct (April 20), from those of you who watched the hearing? (I did, but missed some things, I know.) Seems awfully soon ...? But he has been arraigned now on the murder charge, so I guess it's time ...

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. We are on the same wavelength today. In his other posts, it seemed to me as SMD was trying to come across as macho and cool. I thought it was odd that he'd admit to being a virgin at age 26 or however old he is (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not something I would have pictured him admitting to).

Personally, I have pretty much reached the conclusion -- and again, I may be really wrong -- that the much-vaunted-today post is a bogus one.

What I'm trying to figure out now is: If SM didn't post that -- does Winters know it? Is he just being tricky by saying "this was a post by SoL" (which it could have been tagged as) ...? I could see him doing that in some circumstances ... both sides do what they must, it wouldn't be an untruth ...but to tell it to the judge, if it is not "the whole truth" and likely to come out later as not being...?

The other alternative is that it might be bogus and Winters might not KNOW it is? That is a scary thought.

Really puzzled by this one.

Oh come on you guys we most certainly did read very recent opchan posts of Sm's and yes even after the murder...don't you all remember the crazy azz post about the spider crawling on him and his long nails somehow inflicted a scratch across his neck or some such BS? We discussed and many of us pointed it out as an obvious after the fact cover up tactic.. so yes he was very much still posting throughout this.. IMO this is a post that was immediately removed or deleted from public extremely soon thereafter it was posted that's why we never read it.. without a doubt its absolutely his and its been tracked to him.. not an imposter but SM..its only the tip of the iceberg!

Sorry for errors iPad sucks!

Oh come on you guys we most certainly did read very recent opchan posts of Sm's and yes even after the murder...don't you all remember the crazy azz post about the spider crawling on him and his long nails somehow inflicted a scratch across his neck or some such BS? We discussed and many of us pointed it out as an obvious after the fact cover up tactic.. so yes he was very much still posting throughout this.. IMO this is a post that was immediately removed or deleted from public extremely soon thereafter it was posted that's why we never read it.. without a doubt its absolutely his and its been tracked to him.. not an imposter but SM..its only the tip of the iceberg!

Sorry for errors iPad sucks!

bbm: but NOT after "losing it in an interview with reporters while police were finding her remains" ...because I doubt he was ever out of sight of LE after that

Don't know if you got to watch the court session today, but that's one of the stipulations the prosecution asked for, that he be forbidden to be around children. Also, defense volunteered that there are children in his parents' home, where he would likely be, saying something like -- "of course, they are his siblings." (And I guess legally they are, if they are indeed formally adopted by his parents.)

I plan on watching it later...I hope his parents follow those orders....they seem to think these are all ridiculous accusations.

I see from some of the documents that SM was born in Kentucky. Wonder how that came to be.

I plan on watching it later...I hope his parents follow those orders....they seem to think these are all ridiculous accusations.

However, he does seem vindictive enough to have had those pictures for the sole purpose of planting them on another classmate's computer.

Personally, I have pretty much reached the conclusion -- and again, I may be really wrong -- that the much-vaunted-today post is a bogus one.

What I'm trying to figure out now is: If SM didn't post that -- does Winters know it? Is he just being tricky by saying "this was a post by SoL" (which it could have been tagged as) ...? I could see him doing that in some circumstances ... both sides do what they must, it wouldn't be an untruth ...but to tell it to the judge, if it is not "the whole truth" and likely to come out later as not being...?

The other alternative is that it might be bogus and Winters might not KNOW it is? That is a scary thought.

Really puzzled by this one.

I want to believe he wrote it, but it just feels wrong to me. I hope I'm wrong and he really wrote the post. It only makes sense that he did, but it just feels "off" to me.

Another thing I'm thinking about is maybe he DID write it, but it's being taken out of context. Based on his prior posts, he likes to tell stories and give scenarios for things. Without knowing if what we heard today was the entire post, we can't know if he was just throwing another one of his hypotheses out there. Kind of like the post he wrote on getting away with murder.. I think it had something to do with using chloroform.

Don't get me wrong... I still think he's guilty. Its just that this post is a little too convenient and something about it doesn't sit right with me.

BTW, I hope they show the Walmart video, because I think I saw SMD there that day.
I was in Macon around that time, at that Walmart and I saw a tall guy with a ponytail. He was wearing hiking boots and a shirt that had LAW written in big letters either on the back or the front of the shirt. The shirt was either grey with navy letters or blue with white letters...but I would swear grey with blue letters. I remember thinking to myself that he was pretty hippy looking for Mercer Law School....even though I do not find him to be anything like a hippy now...not much peace and love there.

Anyone else think it's weird that the defense is bringing out all these exhibits showing the genealogy of the McDaniels? I dont understand what that has to do with him getting out on bond. I can understand current family connections in the area but what do his ancestors from 100 years ago have to do with anything? It sounds to me like they're grasping at straws.

BTW, I hope they show the Walmart video, because I think I saw SMD there that day.
I was in Macon around that time, at that Walmart and I saw a tall guy with a ponytail. He was wearing hiking boots and a shirt that had LAW written in big letters either on the back or the front of the shirt. The shirt was either grey with navy letters or blue with white letters...but I would swear grey with blue letters. I remember thinking to myself that he was pretty hippy looking for Mercer Law School....even though I do not find him to be anything like a hippy now...not much peace and love there.

That is really interesting, 'shivers.

Do you remember what day "that day" was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member