GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are just making it impossible for him, with the appearance of trying becuaes they were cornered.......

I agree, but I gotta say, I don't like it.

I don't think 90 days for an indictment or extension request is unreasonable. He was entitled to that. Now he is entitled to a fair bond.

There is always the possibility that this was planned down to the most minute detail and that it was an intentional post with a purpose such as you describe.

When I consider that McD did this, I never picture it as an emotional, out-of-control thing. It's always very calculated... an intellectual exercise.

bbm: While, yes, that it possible -- I have a problem (it makes me dizzy and confused!) with this kind of reasoning when it gets out of hand, because it can go on and on and never get anywhere, LOL.

Like: "He was so smart, so calculating, he planned this, for years and years, to the nth detail."

"
But, if that's so, why did he make such-and-such dumb mistakes?"

"Oh, he did that (and that and that) on purpose -- but knowing those items would turn out OK because he knew he had so many other bases covered so well -- to make it LOOK like he wasn't as smart/calculating as he really is! ... Oh, he just made that mistake for LULZ (my new word for the week). ... In fact, he planned this so well that he doesn't mind sitting in jail for months and months -- actually that was part of the plan -- because while he's there he's just reflecting on how smart he is, thinking how rewarding it will be for so many people to think he is guilty and then have the evidence be so scanty that people start thinking he's not guilty, while he secretly gloats that in fact he IS."

I've exaggerated a little, for effect -- but anyhow, this kind of thing makes my head spin sometimes.

bbm: While, yes, that it possible -- I have a problem (it makes me dizzy and confused!) with this kind of reasoning when it gets out of hand, because it can go on and on and never get anywhere, LOL.

Like: "He was so smart, so calculating, he planned this, for years and year, to the nth detail."

"
But, if that's so, why did he make such-and-such dumb mistakes?"

"Oh, he did that (and that and that) on purpose -- but knowing those items would turn out OK because he knew he had so many other bases covered so well -- to make it LOOK like he wasn't as smart/calculating as he really is! ... Oh, he just made that mistake for LULZ (my new word for the week). ... In fact, he planned this so well that he doesn't mind sitting in jail for months and months -- actually that was part of the plan -- because while he's there he's just reflecting on how smart he is, thinking how rewarding it will be for so many people to think he is guilty and then have the evidence be so scanty that people start thinking he's not guilty, while he secretly gloats that in fact he IS."

I've exaggerated a little, for effect -- but anyhow, this kind of thing makes my head spin sometimes.

Mine too. Wish we could hear about some evidence. I'm impatient!

I am confused. :waitasec: I thought the "troll" was trying to make it sound just like the crime and that is why everyone was thinking it was a troll.

I don't think it sounds "just like the crime". I think it sounds like someone purposely rolled together the "high points" of fact and most memorable rumor about the case together with the easiest possible jab at SM (although I'm rather surprised they refrained from mentioning his hair), bundled it up in a quick little package, and posted it for a laugh.

What....ok...then those who are leaning towards him NOT being guilty.

'shivers, mostly I sit on the fence and sway a little bit. And I do that largely because nothing I have heard about evidence so far causes me to lean heavily.

When I'm "swaying" in the not-guilty direction: I don't know who else did it, obviously, or I would be making some phone calls. I tend to doubt it was a serial killer, though it's possible. As far as some other non-serial-killer type -- you know WS doesn't allow us to speculate on any specifics of a theory like that unless the person is a suspect or POI. As far as being framed -- possible, and framing is not always done by the person who committed the crime.

Nothing too definite up here on the fence. Welcome to my world.

I don't think it sounds "just like the crime". I think it sounds like someone purposely rolled together the "high points" of fact and most memorable rumor about the case together with easiest possible jab at SM (although I'm rather surprised they refrained from mentioning his hair), bundled it up in a quick little package, and posted it for a laugh.
That's what I was saying...I was confused as to why Sonya thought "the post didn't match the crime" while everyone else thought it was a troll because it did sound an exaggerated version of the crime. You have to read my comment with the quote or it is taken out of context.

I don't think it sounds "just like the crime". I think it sounds like someone purposely rolled together the "high points" of fact and most memorable rumor about the case together with easiest possible jab at SM (although I'm rather surprised they refrained from mentioning his hair), bundled it up in a quick little package, and posted it for a laugh.

Or maybe it doesn't sound "just like the crime" because it was written in advance of the crime and not everything came together just as imagined. JMO

Or maybe it doesn't sound "just like the crime" because it was written in advance of the crime and not everything came together just as imagined. JMO

It's the "losing it on TV while the cops discover the remains" part that gives me pause here. I suppose you could bank on media being there and willing to talk, and I suppose he could have dragged the interview out waiting for the cops to find the remains (it was a weirdly long interview)... but why? He didn't do himself any favors there, if that was part of the plan. Most people don't seem to have found him genuine.

Overestimated himself?

I agree, but I gotta say, I don't like it.

I don't think 90 days for an indictment or extension request is unreasonable. He was entitled to that. Now he is entitled to a fair bond.

Hmm, if he's guilty of pedaphilia/murder/cannibalism/dismemberment/, why would he be entitled to FAIR bond? Or ANY bond.

Hmm, if he's guilty of pedaphilia/murder/cannibalism/dismemberment/, why would he be entitled to FAIR bond? Or ANY bond.

Under the law, he is innocent at this point, of course. But obviously the severity of offenses charged do affect things to some degree.

In this case, under the law, he's entitled to bond because of the DA missing the 90-day indictment deadline (on the murder charge, anyway).

It's the "losing it on TV while the cops discover the remains" part that gives me pause here. I suppose you could bank on media being there and willing to talk, and I suppose he could have dragged the interview out waiting for the cops to find the remains (it was a weirdly long interview)... but why? He didn't do himself any favors there, if that was part of the plan. Most people don't seem to have found him genuine.

Overestimated himself?

LOL, he FIXED it to death. Some people try so hard to make things work, they destroy their own projects ! And just like I"ve seen and just like this, we're all going "WTH" ??

Overestimated himself?

No, he planned to "lose it", remember? ... Here we go, LOL

LOL, he FIXED it to death. Some people try so hard to make things work, they destroy their own projects ! And just like I"ve seen and just like this, we're all going "WTH" ??

LOL, maybe you've hit on the truth here, tomkat!

Maybe he planned to fix it to death! Maybe he wanted us to think he was overdoing it, so that we would say, "No killer would overdo it like that and destroy his own project!"

(That was for you, Backwoods).

Under the law, he is innocent at this point, of course. But obviously the severity of offenses charged do affect things to some degree.

In this case, under the law, he's entitled to bond because of the DA missing the 90-day indictment deadline (on the murder charge, anyway).

I realize that. That's the irony, in the beginning everyone was ready to hang him before all the evidence was in, now that they have more circumstantial evidence leading to even more gruesome acts possibly, SUDDENLY he's entitled to bond. It's funny........ for lack of a better word.

I think JMO that he wasn't entitled to be HELD at all, until the forensics and such was back, I would want him held NOW tho..........but I realize he's not guilty until proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654