GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm responding to your post above where you seem appalled that SD's lawyer is saying he is not guilty of burglary because SD has already confessed to to burglary.

I'll just conclude that there is no link to support what you said. Thanks.

I did provide you with the link. You even included it in your quote. I really don't understand the need for hostility. Did I offend you in some way? Not my intention I can assure you. Not quite sure what I did wrong.

I have not heard the body was displayed. I understood the odor is what drew them to discovering the body in the trash. And I seem to recall reading somewhere it was in trash bags. Somehow, I remember hearing 3 trash bags were used to hold the body. If anyone remembers the link, please share. I assumed that meant the torso had been placed in one bag, which was then placed into a second, and then into a third. Something I have done with items that are messy or smelly in my own house. The body itself was possibly wrapped in something to contain it. The first thing that crossed my mind on was plastic wrap. Those are items that are readily available to most households. I have no proof of any of this. Just what I thought.

I hate even thinking about what was done before or after this young woman died. It is wrong on so many levels. Whoever did this needs to pay. I have no problem with that. I do want to make sure it is the correct person with the evidence backing it up fully.

ETA: I found a link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/howard/publications/columbia-flier/ph-ho-cf-giddings-update-0714-20110712,0,5920245.story
... At around 10:30 a.m., Giddings was approaching Richmond when he got a call from Macon police. A female body had been discovered in a trash can outside his daughter's apartment complex...

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1616180/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

I really don't think the torso was dumped in the trash, someone commented on my blog and provided these photos and it appears the torso was found at the base of the tree in the photo I posted on my tumblr of the left side of the apartment.

In the first photo you posted it appears to me that the investigator's are near the base of that tree wrapping crime scene tape around the area. The photo was uploaded 6/30/11 (right click, view image info). Is there something other than the photo that indicates she was found at the base of the tree?

The second photo is when investigators returned to the apartment this week on 07/13/11?

The description of the photo's in that collection is great, but they did not date them.

On the day she was discovered, some of my very reliable sources told me that she was indeed discovered in the dumpster/trash can. I believe this since I heard it so quickly. There was no mention of if, or how, she was wrapped.

I did provide you with the link. You even included it in your quote. I really don't understand the need for hostility. Did I offend you in some way? Not my intention I can assure you. Not quite sure what I did wrong.

I understood what you were trying to point out CM and didn't feel the need to call you out on it. I think the issue has been clarified ... Soooo, moving on to other points.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/135641/153/Owners-at-Giddings-Complex-Beefing-Up-Security

IMO, "material" is vague and there's no reason that can't mean garbage bags. A package of garbage bags would also fit very nicely into the brown paper bags they used to remove evidence...and it would be light.

WHY?!?! Why would you NOT try to hide the torso? Everything was making sense when I thought there was an attempt to hide it but now we're back to all the speculation about why a person would leave only a piece of their victim on display. And this confuses me if it's in fact true that there is potential DNA evidence on the torso.

I saw the trash cans and dug through them a little bit, if they were full that night it might have been too hard to stuff her into them, they were filled to the brim when I was these. He didn't have time to deal with that, I feel like he may even have tossed the torso off the balcony or something, hence the really random location. He seems the jumpy type, if McD did it he'd do it in panic, maybe he even tossed her out the window of the vacant apartment or her apartment since we all know he could come and go as he pleased with that master key. It wasn't about putting her on display, because she wasn't staged or propped, just ditched in a weird spot on the grounds. Purely a frantic, hasty dumping with the mindset of "must_get_evidence_out_of_my_apartment_asap"

I thanked you for this post...

But want to point out again that SD wasn't caught this way. Not even remotely close. Confessing that you were in someone's apartment without their permission and that you left with items that belong to them is not confessing to burglary. Maybe SD's attorney can get SD's admissions in this regard thrown out somehow (and he should, if he can).... but he doesn't even need to.

All he needs to supply is a reasonable explanation for SD to have entered the apartments that doesn't involve theft or committing a felony.

Let's look at the burglary elements again:

A person commits the offense of burglary when,

- without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another or any building...designed for use as the dwelling of another or enters or remains within any other building, railroad car, aircraft, or any room or any part thereof...

or cut down to what I think matters for McD:

A person commits the offense of burglary when without authority and with the intent to commit a theft he remains within the dwelling house of another.

In my opinion, if he didn't commit the burglary when he entered the apartment, he did when he remained there the second he decided to take the condoms (theft).

Just want to reiterate, the father stated in the news article he was told by the police on the day her body was discovered that it was found IN the trash can. I figure the father would know the truth and have no reason to lie about it.

In the first photo you posted it appears to me that the investigator's are near the base of that tree wrapping crime scene tape around the area. The photo was uploaded 6/30/11 (right click, view image info). Is there something other than the photo that indicates she was found at the base of the tree?

The second photo is when investigators returned to the apartment this week on 07/13/11?

The description of the photo's in that collection is great, but they did not date them.

I can't be sure of anything except the 6/30/2011 dates in the links. I haven't read any news releases that say anything about her being IN a garbage can, but if there have been I stand corrected. Everything I have read has stated that they sorted through garbage but that her body was found to the side of her building, why not say "in the garbage to the side of the building?"
That's not something to withhold from the press to trip up a suspect during an interview with info only the killer would know since the cops have been asking people to check their garbage cans, a suspect could easily say "well I thought she was found in the garbage because I kept hearing that residents should check their garbage cans" and that wouldn't be incriminating.
At any rate, he could have gotten rid of her without waiting for the weekly trash pick up, easily, he just wanted to keep her. Just think if he had dumped her somewhere off a highway somewhere? So if he did dump her in the trash, it's not because he was just keeping her around waiting for pick up day [Thursday?]....still just a panicked boy who hadn't thought things all the way through.
It appears in the photo by the tree, the photo taken when they found her Thursday, they focused at the base of the tree. Why do that unless that's where she was found? They were taking crime scene photos. The photo sorting through trash was taken two weeks later.

Another article here: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/13/1630022/police-plan-update-in-giddings.html
... McDaniel, 25, is charged with two counts of burglary stemming from incidents at Barristers Hall apartments on Georgia Avenue. He lived next door to his classmate, 27-year-old Lauren Giddings, whose dismembered body was discovered in a garbage bin outside the apartments June 30. ...
I have found two separate sources reporting the body was found in the garbage can. One from the father of LG. I think I would consider that information as confirmed.

I totally agree with your statement. The father would be told the truth.
The trash can was most likely used since the trash truck was coming by the next morning.
However, IF the trash was not used then he was in a frenzied blind panic to just get evidence OUT of the apartments by any means.

Either way he was in a frenzied panic, because he would have gotten rid of her long before that, before a missing persons report was even filed. He had to know the odor would attract attention and LE had already been there once, surely folks would come back the next day. I think it was just all about getting it out of his possession no matter how haphazardly once the S hit the fan. I've seen that before in cases where dismemberment was involved, a profound lack of planning, because the urge to keep the parts is all-consuming.

~snipped

Regarding the photo of the base of the tree on June 30, I think it is possible that more body parts were found in that area.

Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615...partments.html
I think if they found body parts around the tree, they would not have tied the tree itself, they would have encompassed the area around the tree. The ground around the tree might hold more evidence, so they would want to keep people off of that area. If they were using the tape to block off another area, they might tie around the tree to make the barrier. JMO

snipped to address question

That's exactly what I've been wondering, Colonel. I pulled his website which (to me) seems a little cheesy and glossy. Also, he has like a zillion stated practice areas which (to me) makes him seem like he's the kind of attorney who takes what he can get casewise. Now, I don't know if that's true, but the website gives that impression, IMHO. I don't know who even compares in reputation in this town to the late, great Ms. Buafo, but I'd be damn sure if I were being brought up on criminal charges that I'd find someone top-flight STAT. I'm pretty familiar with Macon bar members, but don't know much about the criminal pool. I hope someone can shed some light...

I am not a local atty, however have worked within the system and at one point about the only work this guy was getting was directed to him through indigent services, and he was not being given the complicated cases that involved murder, rape or any other very serious charges... thats all I know, and again, it has been a while ago.

I am not a local atty, however have worked within the system and at one point about the only work this guy was getting was directed to him through indigent services, and he was not being given the complicated cases that involved murder, rape or any other very serious charges... thats all I know, and again, it has been a while ago.

Was McD assigned this Attorney? IIRC a news article said he called his Attorney. Going to look for a link-
ETA- As of Thursday afternoon, McDaniel had made just one phone call. He called his lawyer soon after his arrest, DeFoe said.
That statement makes it sound like McD had used Buford's services before his arrest?

That statement makes it sound like McD had used Buford's services before his arrest?

I would think because he was working in the DA's office as an intern, he may have gotten to know some of the defense attorneys in the area. It may not have been his attorney until he called him, but just someone he knew professionally.

Ya gotta think, if this guy did not do this, he is really being eaten alive. As for him deserving it for what he did, I know TONS of kids in college (even grad school) who did really stupid things a lot worse than stealing some condoms (if he did, we don't know the whole story behind that one). If he is innocent and pulls through this, he will probably be a tiger as a defense attorney. He apparently was thought of well enough to become VP of the same organization where LG was President. That indicates they knew each other in more than just neighbors. They had common interests and common extracurricular activities. Knowing that may humanize him to some people. Just because we aren't hearing throngs of people coming here to defend him, I have read a lot of comments under the articles supporting him. Those things do make me hesitate to throw him under the bus.

I would think because he was working in the DA's office as an intern, he may have gotten to know some of the defense attorneys in the area. It may not have been his attorney until he called him, but just someone he knew professionally.

Ya gotta think, if this guy did not do this, he is really being eaten alive. As for him deserving it for what he did, I know TONS of kids in college (even grad school) who did really stupid things a lot worse than stealing some condoms (if he did, we don't know the whole story behind that one). If he is innocent and pulls through this, he will probably be a tiger as a defense attorney. He apparently was thought of well enough to become VP of the same organization where LG was President. That indicates they knew each other in more than just neighbors. They had common interests and common extracurricular activities. Knowing that may humanize him to some people. Just because we aren't hearing throngs of people coming here to defend him, I have read a lot of comments under the articles supporting him. Those things do make me hesitate to throw him under the bus.

Before his July 1 arrest on burglary charges unrelated to Giddings’ slaying and dismemberment, the 25-year-old McDaniel was planning on taking the bar exam at the end of the month. He hoped to get a job as a prosecutor, and he was pursuing job opportunities, his mother said in a phone interview Thursday.
Except he wanted to be a prosecutor, which just makes this all the more bizarre ...

I read that part, but I think he would have interactions with both prosecution and defense attorneys. If he is innocent and gets through this, I can imagine he might change which side he wants to sit on. Just imagining that part, though.

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/07/v-mobile/1623060_body-is-lauren-giddings-police.html

Please take note from this article, the family doesn't recognize McDaniel as a friend. He showed up to her grad party uninvited.

As a female, I do not care how skinny my male neighbor was, if I trusted him, I would tell him that I was scared, that someone tried to break into my apt a few days before the weekend. IMO and from some trusted sources, did Lauren not tell McD because she thought he could be the one who had tried to break-in?

And in my opinion, I had lots of acquaintances in school that were on the same teams and clubs and in positions within these organizations, but that did not mean we liked each other or even much but tolerated each other just for those organizations.

snipped to address question

That's exactly what I've been wondering, Colonel. I pulled his website which (to me) seems a little cheesy and glossy. Also, he has like a zillion stated practice areas which (to me) makes him seem like he's the kind of attorney who takes what he can get casewise. Now, I don't know if that's true, but the website gives that impression, IMHO. I don't know who even compares in reputation in this town to the late, great Ms. Buafo, but I'd be damn sure if I were being brought up on criminal charges that I'd find someone top-flight STAT. I'm pretty familiar with Macon bar members, but don't know much about the criminal pool. I hope someone can shed some light...

He is a VERY GOOD attorney, his father was also an attorney here. Best criminal lawyer here IMO would be Frank Hogue or his wife Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member