GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a very nice opinion column written by Kenny B, who is one of the morning talk show hosts on 940 a.m.

An Open Letter to the Giddings Family

Most of us in Macon and Middle Georgia didn’t have the privilege of knowing your daughter, Lauren. We’ve not had the opportunity to make your acquaintance either.

Sadly, it has been excruciating for large numbers of us to get to know Lauren and your family from police news conferences, media reports and images captured through the lenses of photographers cameras. It is with profound regret that so many of us have come to know you because of the turn of events during the past weeks. Our city is pained to the core that you have lost a beautiful child and we’re the backdrop for this unimaginable deed.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/17/1633086/an-open-letter-to-the-giddings.html#storylink=omni_popular

I grew up in Macon and lived there in until I was 22. Left permanently in 1993 after UGA. So much has changed. My parents still live there and my mom and all my grandparents are buried there.

This is so sad and tragic for the family, mercer, and the city.

I have just one question, and I may have missed something, but where the heck is the boyfriend and why is he so inconspicuous in all this....barely a mention of him.

That used to be a safe neighborhood. I went to first grade in 1977 at Startford in the old mansion on the hill. So sad

Just curious.....

I grew up in Macon and lived there in until I was 22. Left permanently in 1993 after UGA. So much has changed. My parents still live there and my mom and all my grandparents are buried there.

I have just one question, and I may have missed something, but where the heck is the boyfriend and why is he so inconspicuous in all this....barely a mention of him.

That used to be a safe neighborhood. I went to first grade in 1977 at Startford in the old mansion on the hill. So sad

Just curious.....

The boyfriend was probably in California at the time.
http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Authorities-Search-Storm-Drains-in-Giddings-Case-125050859.html

"At the time of the initial report, authorities were unable to contact him."

Well, that is interesting

Just curious.....

Believe me, boyfriend not involved in any way....also if you look back At this conference, Chief Burns said he was interviewed.

http://www.13wmaz.com/video/1040949...-Conference-on--Lauren-Giddings-Investigation
IMO he was let go because he has a squeaky clean alibi. He was also at her memorial service in Macon, near family, a mess.

Still it is odd he is so out of the picture. I know the age difference means nothing, but IMO there is just something odd about his silence and the fact MPD wouldn't rule him in or out. They are obviously holding off for some reason.

In my opinion, people who are truly mourning do not talk to the press. Only if they have to.

Article that mentions other person of interest. http://abovethelaw.com/2011/07/an-update-on-a-mercer-law-students-untimely-death/

IMO Chief Burns just keeps his mouth shut about many things to the media. Because he doesn't want to tip off the real perp or disqualify the facts and evidence.

Why would an age difference be brought up? Please remember to be careful with opinions. These are people's lives and losses involved.

I agree with justiceforlauren. My very reliable sources say the boyfriend isn't involved and isn't considered a POI. They aren't announcing people they have excluded - have you heard any names or descriptions of people excluded as being involved?

Please read my statement above. The video I gave is the media for this article you quoted. and on July 9th he was at the memorial in Macon. So obviously after he was questioned, he was let go.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't think the BF was involved, if the police were really interested in him we would have heard about warrants and searches in Atlanta, GA. at his residence and for his vehicle.
Obviously, I know he was let go. The police aren't holding anybody for Lauren Giddings' murder yet.

Snipped ...

In my opinion, people who are truly mourning do not talk to the press. Only if they have to.

I sooooo agree with your statement about talking to the press. In some cases it just seems so crass and inappropriate.

Looks like nothing will break today
icon9.gif

Bibb DA: No conflict of interest in McDaniel’s case

Bibb County prosecutors don’t think they should be disqualified from handling the burglary cases levied against recent Mercer law school graduate Stephen Mark McDaniel.

McDaniel, a classmate and next door neighbor of 27-year-old Lauren Giddings, was charged with two counts of burglary less than 24 hours after Giddings was found to have been killed and dismembered. A portion of Giddings’ remains were discovered June 30 at Barristers Hall apartments on Georgia Avenue.

McDaniel, 25, has not been charged with murder. He is being held at the Bibb County jail without bond.

McDaniel’s lawyer filed a motion last week, asking a Bibb County Superior Court judge to determine whether McDaniel’s prior employment at the district attorney’s office creates a conflict of interest for prosecutors handling the burglary charges.
I'd like to hear from some of our Attorney's who are reading here. Why not just hand off the case to another office to avoid any appearance of conflict?

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/18/1635477/bibb-da-no-conflict-of-interest.html#ixzz1SUpMXQFr

The link works for me and does not say it's a pay for view?

Doesn't work for me. It's at a page where you have to log in, which I'm not a member there. Then when I click on "subscribe" you have to pay to join.

Anybody else have a problem, or they just don't like me?

I agree with those who have made mention of Lauren's boyfriend that while in mourning why would he be openly talking to the media??.. It would be different if Lauren's body had not been found therefor she was still presumed to be alive and missing(sadly as so many other cases are left in limbo at this stage).. But that's not the case here and since she is not missing and her body located there really is no reason for the bf to be out doing media tours making pleas for Lauren's safe return, sadly it s already known that Lauren did not and will not be returning safely to her many lived ones...

So IMO I see no reason for this grieving man to have to put himself put through the ringer of speaking with ANY media..

Lastly, I'm not sure if all are aware(I know several are as back in Thread #1 someone already posted about this)but this boyfriend of Lauren's has already had to live through one very sad and tragic ending of a woman he loved.. As several years back his girlfriend at that time unfortunately chose o take her own life in committing suicide.. IMO this poor guy's had more of his fair share in heartache from tragedies involving women that he loves.. I respect his right to privacy at this time and honestly there's not a thing in the world that I can think of that I'd want or need to hear fom him..

IMO he's not involved with Lauren's murder and he is more than likely just attempting to do his very best just living day to day with what's happened.. Just another proof positive that the selfish, sick, heinous murderers and their having chosen to murder a human being.. They just haven't a clue at just how many and how badly they have altered and negatively impacted people's live with the ripple effect from the victim's closest family on out..

Doesn't work for me. It's at a page where you have to log in, which I'm not a member there. Then when I click on "subscribe" you have to pay to join.

Anybody else have a problem, or they just don't like me?

I have no problem getting in and I'm not logged in. Here is the text of the article for you though:

Bibb DA: No conflict of interest in McDaniel’s case
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK - awomack@macon.com

Bibb County prosecutors don’t think they should be disqualified from handling the burglary cases levied against recent Mercer law school graduate Stephen Mark McDaniel.
<modsnip>
In a response filed Monday, District Attorney Greg Winters argues that the burglary charges don&#8217;t create &#8220;an actual or perceived conflict of interest&#8221; within the district attorney&#8217;s office.
&#8220;The crimes alleged occurred prior to (McDaniel&#8217;s) internship within this office,&#8221; Winters wrote.
A hearing on the issue is scheduled for Friday morning.
For more on this story, read Tuesday&#8217;s Telegraph.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/18/1635477/bibb-da-no-conflict-of-interest.html#ixzz1SV9nJlHN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487