GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what goofy semantics these officers are speculated on their behaviors, thoughts, and statements(which IMO most likely aren't warranted nor accurate in the least.. Jmo tho!)..
But no matter what is speculated that they were thinking and saying the end result indeed is justified and appropriate IMO.. Meaning no matter how goofy there words and thoughts are represented to be.. Matters nil.. Ending remains the same that that when McD admitted to "A" (as 1 single burglary) he was arrested and charged for that criminal offense.. That is how it should be and only appropriate IMO..

But truth is that whenever, wherever, and however McD decided to cop to this burglary it was ONLY ONE SINGLE BURGLARY THAT HE ORIGINALLY COPPED TO AND WAS CHARGED WITH.. and he had his bond set for this burglary charge..

It was only at some point thereafter, later, and separate from his confession to the first burglary.. At that separate time McD chose to again cop to burglary of a then second apt in the complex.. It was only then when he was charged with the 2nd burglary charge that his bond was then revoked..

IMO as I said i don't believe the officers thought processes and statements were as trivial, extremely light hearted in nature as they were speculated in a conversation form to have been.. I have no reason to believe that this extremely disturbing in nature and violent crime was treated or handled in any way other than with the utmost of respect for the victim as shown in their professionalism.. Nothing to indicate anything different IMO.. But regardless if even so it were found to be true that they spoke in the way represented ^above^ in conversation form.. Regardless the ending was still the appropriate result in McD being arrested and charged, tho ONLY charged with 1 count of burglary initially and then as described ^above^ at a later and separate time he confessed and was charged with the 2nd burglary resulting in the 1st charges bond being revoked.. Just to be clear..

I was trying to be brief, not goofy. I'm sure they are taking it very seriously.

Try to focus on the general concept, not the quick dialogue I jotted down.

No matter what goofy semantics these officers are speculated on their behaviors, thoughts, and statements(which IMO most likely aren't warranted nor accurate in the least.. Jmo tho!)..
But no matter what is speculated that they were thinking and saying the end result indeed is justified and appropriate IMO.. Meaning no matter how goofy there words and thoughts are represented to be.. Matters nil.. Ending remains the same that that when McD admitted to "A" (as 1 single burglary) he was arrested and charged for that criminal offense.. That is how it should be and only appropriate IMO..

But truth is that whenever, wherever, and however McD decided to cop to this burglary it was ONLY ONE SINGLE BURGLARY THAT HE ORIGINALLY COPPED TO AND WAS CHARGED WITH.. and he had his bond set for this burglary charge..

It was only at some point thereafter, later, and separate from his confession to the first burglary.. At that separate time McD chose to again cop to burglary of a then second apt in the complex.. It was only then when he was charged with the 2nd burglary charge that his bond was then revoked..

IMO as I said i don't believe the officers thought processes and statements were as trivial, extremely light hearted in nature as they were speculated in a conversation form to have been.. I have no reason to believe that this extremely disturbing in nature and violent crime was treated or handled in any way other than with the utmost of respect for the victim as shown in their professionalism.. Nothing to indicate anything different IMO.. But regardless if even so it were found to be true that they spoke in the way represented ^above^ in conversation form.. Regardless the ending was still the appropriate result in McD being arrested and charged, tho ONLY charged with 1 count of burglary initially and then as described ^above^ at a later and separate time he confessed and was charged with the 2nd burglary resulting in the 1st charges bond being revoked.. Just to be clear..

Just because he was charged separately for the second burglary and at a later time doesn't mean he confessed to the second one after he was charged with the first. He could have confessed to both at the same time. There is discretion on when to charge a person.

AgentFrankLundy, I have posted two separate links previously stating the body was found IN the trash can.

One was early on before the rumors became so rampant, and the other was from the father stating he was contacted by the police on his way to Macon where he was told a body had been found IN a trash can. I would think two links stating this would be enough, but if you can find a valid news article stating the body was found elsewhere, I would gladly consider it.

I am wanting the information to be accurate here as much as possible. By posting facts to back up as much as we can, then we can make a better determination of the truth. Thank you ahead of time for providing links to back up your statement about the body being found outside of the can.

I am still confused why he owned up to stealing stuff in a way that would make him get arrested for it. I know many fine posters here have come up with scenarios, but none of them really, really feel normal to me? Like, why would you just offer up evidence to get yourself arrested when the police couldn't possibly really know if he had entered an apartment illegally or stolen condoms?

If he lost his cool that much when a cop spoke to him he really may not be cut out for being a prosecution or defense lawyer.

I am not well-versed in investigation techniques, but I would surmise that LE would be working on verifying SM's activities between the time LG was last seen, and the time her torso was recovered. I am wondering if cameras at locations close-by or elsewhere could help do that. Recently I have become a big advocate for cameras everywhere. I do not care if it is an invasion of my privacy. If they help uncover answers to these heartbreaking and horrific crimes, I am all for it. We would not know what happened to little Leiby if not for cameras. They could also help provide information that could rule out innocent POIs. It's win-win as far as I am concerned, but then I don't plan on trying to commit any crimes. At any rate, I'm thinking cameras are being scrutinized in this case, we just haven't heard mention of it, unless I missed something.

i agree, invasion or not. there are too many missing people/unsolved murders. obviously LE needs some help with solving them.

I just spent an hour fixing broken quotes and links. A few tips:

1. Third generation links don't work. In other words,
A submits a post with a link. The link works.
B quotes A's post. The link in the quote works.
B adds a comment with a link after A's quote. Both links work
C comes along and quotes B's post. B's link works. A's link no longer works.
Follow?? :)

2. When posting links, don't use the Insert Link option and paste your link in the little box. Instead, just paste the link directly into your post.

3. Quoted posts look something like this in your edit box. Notice the forward slash in the end tag?:
[quot]Originally posted by A12345...I know whodunnit. [/quot]

I left out the "e" to show the format. Now, when I add the "e" back in "quote":
Originally posted by A12345...I know whodunnit.
If you inadvertently delete a part of the tag, the quote won't post correctly, and it is now broken. You can fix it by typing the tags as shown (with the "e" ;) )
If someone quotes your broken post, your quote and the post you quoted will run together with some funny looking stray characters mixed in. After three or four re-posts, it becomes a nightmare to repair. So, PLEASE do not quote a post that contains a broken quote unless you know how to fix it.

Hope that makes sense. If you have questions, please ask. Thanks.

ETA: We're allowed to post links from most news sites and news blogs. Sites that post objectionable content or have a reputation for consistently posting erroneous information are not allowed as a source. If your posted link contains a series of asterisks, the ******* indicates the site is off limits.

I drove by the apartments on my way home from work today, and noticed that the "Do Not Enter" signs were still on LG's and the one directly below her apartment. One question that I have is this... why did the police allow her family to go into her apartment and go through her things, if it could possibly disturb evidence, and then they go and seal her apartment again?

I am still confused why he owned up to stealing stuff in a way that would make him get arrested for it. I know many fine posters here have come up with scenarios, but none of them really, really feel normal to me? Like, why would you just offer up evidence to get yourself arrested when the police couldn't possibly really know if he had entered an apartment illegally or stolen condoms?

If he lost his cool that much when a cop spoke to him he really may not be cut out for being a prosecution or defense lawyer.

Someone kindly posted the GA burglary statute here and showed us where forming the intent to steal after one is inside, and not prior to entry, may be enough in GA.

It appeared to me that unauthorized entry was always required, though. In the scenario I proposed above, he wasn't confessing to a burglary at all because his entry was authorized.

Also, to be honest... if I found myself the position where someone close to me had been murdered and I was being interrogated, I think I would answer everything truthfully, without even thinking of what might become of me. That would be especially true if I were innocent of any involvement in the bigger crime. I can imagine myself not thinking of anything else beyond helping the police by being as truthful as I could be.

AgentFrankLundy, I have posted two separate links previously stating the body was found IN the trash can.

One was early on before the rumors became so rampant, and the other was from the father stating he was contacted by the police on his way to Macon where he was told a body had been found IN a trash can. I would think two links stating this would be enough, but if you can find a valid news article stating the body was found elsewhere, I would gladly consider it.

I am wanting the information to be accurate here as much as possible. By posting facts to back up as much as we can, then we can make a better determination of the truth. Thank you ahead of time for providing links to back up your statement about the body being found outside of the can.
http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/post/7663907655/sorry-for-using-your-tumblr-as-a-go-between-for-that Good analysis of where body was or wasn't it is here, but you may be right also.

Has anyone else out there heard that there were "similarities" found with the LG case and this case that I am posting a link about? I have not been told what the similarities were, just that ..."was found to have alot of similarities. They do not want people to be alarmed that there could be a serial killer.."

I am trying to find out more.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=135486

want to add that I have not found or seen what I would call any "obvious similarities"

Just wondering what similarities could possibly be drawn between Lauren's case and this latest "body found in truck of car" and yes that s the headline "truck of car".. Obviously meaning trunk but Good Lord do news sites not have editors or standards anymore??

From anything I can find there is no correlation between the two from different type, sex, and race of victim, crime scene appears to be the car of which the body was in the trunk of, and a full intact body with no parts missing, concealed, or hidden.. I can't find anything remotely similar(course that doesn't mean there is nothing I just have yet to see it)..

IMO just seems like a totally different crime all together in every aspect.. In the comments I know it was remarked about inmates taking over, or committing crimes throughout the area, something along these lines.. Haven't a clue if that's indicative of anything involved in this case but just something I read from a local..

Would be interested to hear whoever it was that stated these cases were similar what exactly they were speaking of that was similar? Currcat, have u heard anything more from the person who mentioned these similarities??

Has anyone else out there heard that there were "similarities" found with the LG case and this case that I am posting a link about? I have not been told what the similarities were, just that ..."was found to have alot of similarities. They do not want people to be alarmed that there could be a serial killer.."

I am trying to find out more.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=135486

want to add that I have not found or seen what I would call any "obvious similarities"

There hasn't been much coverage on this case other than the initial discovery of the body in the trunk. There haven't been any details mentioned (maybe still waiting for autopsy results?).

I had wondered too when I first saw the story if there were any similarities, but haven't heard any follow ups.

*IMPORTANT*-- PLEASE READ:

Regarding members who would like to post as a qualified professional; AND case insiders, i.e., family/friends of a party in a case, locals with inside knowledge, and all others with firsthand information; Websleuths requests these members to become "qualified". It is not mandatory, but lends you credibility, and gives the rest of us the confidence of knowing you are who/what you say you are.

To become verified, send an e-mail to wsverify@xmission.com .

Type the case name in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail, include:

-- your WS name
-- your real name
-- the role you'd like to verify
-- your phone number and a good time to call

Information submitted to WS admin remains strictly confidential.

Again, verification is a courtesy, and is not mandatory. Also, residents who post only general information about the local environment are not asked to be verified.

More information and a list of qualified members can be found here:
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I drove by the apartments on my way home from work today, and noticed that the "Do Not Enter" signs were still on LG's and the one directly below her apartment. One question that I have is this... why did the police allow her family to go into her apartment and go through her things, if it could possibly disturb evidence, and then they go and seal her apartment again?
I believe that is done for a couple of reasons; 1) in case LE finds a need to return for further testing, and 2) to discourage vandals, snoops and unscrupulous reporters from breaking into the apartment and damaging the property.

http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/post/7663907655/sorry-for-using-your-tumblr-as-a-go-between-for-that Good analysis of where body was or wasn't it is here, but you may be right also.

I have seen that information, but it is a blog, not a news source. Unfortunately, as captivating as it may be, it isn't based on the reported facts. I keep hoping some facts will come in connecting anyone to this case. So far, I haven't seen the dots, just the possible maybe could be's. It worries me, not just because SM may be innocent while being crucified in public, but because my own daughter was living in a house next door to this crime in June of this year, and remains living within a few blocks of this crime. I want the REAL perp caught, not the convenient suspect. My heart breaks for LG's family, and I worry about my child (selfish as it may be), her friends, and all the other Mercer students and Macon residents.

There hasn't been much coverage on this case other than the initial discovery of the body in the trunk. There haven't been any details mentioned (maybe still waiting for autopsy results?).

I had wondered too when I first saw the story if there were any similarities, but haven't heard any follow ups.

I live in the area where the body in the car trunk was found. Our local radio station reported it this past week. I highly doubt it is related to Lauren Giddings case. I will not repeat the local gossip because it is unsubstantiated. Here's the link.

http://www.southeastgeorgiatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6602&Itemid=117

She posts on here as well and that was simply speculation on her part, not fact. There have been several previous posts here with links to the news articles stating that the body was, in fact, found in the garbage. I don't think Angela Analyzes was aware of the links when she put the information you referenced in her blog.

Also, to be honest... if I found myself the position where someone close to me had been murdered and I was being interrogated, I think I would answer everything truthfully, without even thinking of what might become of me. That would be especially true if I were innocent of any involvement in the bigger crime. I can imagine myself not thinking of anything else beyond helping the police by being as truthful as I could be.

I guess, in my head, I just cannot imagine admitting to something insanely embarrassing like that really easily especially if the police didn't know about it and it was irrelevant and happened years ago.

I have to believe some of his bizarre mannerisms and the initial evidence has made them focus on him. If he is innocent then I hope the focus hasn't narrowed so much that the real killer is escaping undetected.

I can't imagine sitting quietly in jail for over 2 weeks for stealing condoms either. And he's a Mercer law school graduate.
He's knows what's up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members