GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were there July 12th or 13th right? There is a pic of investigator's going through that trash you speak of on July 13th. I believe it's this one-
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

Thanks!
I made the call on the afternoon of July 12th, yes, I just checked my history. That is the exact garbage I was sorting through. I smelled something dead in one of those cans, I still think it was a rat though, there were a LOT of pests in that complex skittering across the pavement at night. Still, it's unsettling.
My prints would be all over those cans if they dusted it that day. Just a thought ;/

I agree with Alliecat and Knox - they probably have some new leads based on FBI lab results. Very interesting!

Thanks!
I made the call on the afternoon of July 12th, yes, I just checked my history. That is the exact garbage I was sorting through. I smelled something dead in one of those cans, I still think it was a rat though, there were a LOT of pests in that complex skittering across the pavement at night. Still, it's unsettling.
My prints would be all over those cans if they dusted it that day. Just a thought ;/

For your next trip.
;)

I commented upstream about how I thought it strange that her apartment was cleaned out so quickly. I have to find a link but pretty sure it was less than a week after she was found.

I thought it was rather quickly as well. I assume LE definitively ruled out her apartment as the crime scene or they wouldn't have allowed it to be disturbed.

I'm so anxious for some answers in this case!

I commented upstream about how I thought it strange that her apartment was cleaned out so quickly. I have to find a link but pretty sure it was less than a week after she was found.

How can that be prudent or even permitted protocol? Why would investigators allow that? If I had the option I'd have kept the apartment in pristine condition as long as possible.

How can that be prudent or even permitted protocol? Why would investigators allow that? If I had the option I'd have kept the apartment in pristine condition as long as possible.

I agree. I recall this (what Knox is referring to) as well - both the discussion & the pictures. I guess I expected that even when they wanted the family to see if there was anything "out of place," they would have shown them pictures, rather than letting them walk through the apartment. (But this could just be because I watch too much TV!)

Lol, I know right? I wasn't planning on touching anything but when I smelled that stench I was torn between calling it in when I knew it was probably nothing or finding out for myself by digging in it before I called, I ended up having to do both. It disturbs me every time they return, I just realized that a photo of MPD removing the refrigerator was dated a day after I left? I already knew about the refrigerator issue long before I arrived there in Macon thanks to Lomaker, but they didn't actually remove it until the 13th?
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1630660/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html
Only McD's apartment had a Do Not Enter sign while I was there, not the vacant one [or Lauren's]. I'm kind of confused about why that would be.

I totally agree. I remember a case in Florida, where the detectives let the friends come in and clean up the murder victim's home not long after. Well, you can guess what happened... a lot of "evidence" was wiped away.

The fact that Lauren's apartment has been cleaned and released to her family, while McD's is continuing to be re-searched, leads me to believe that perhaps his apartment is the focal point of the crime scene. I know I have read that at one point MPD was focusing on her apt. as the crime scene, but that was probably 2 weeks ago, and they've since done 2 more searches of his place.

It will be interesting to see if anything is done or said before his hearing on Friday.

I agree. I recall this (what Knox is referring to) as well - both the discussion & the pictures. I guess I expected that even when they wanted the family to see if there was anything "out of place," they would have shown them pictures, rather than letting them walk through the apartment. (But this could just be because I watch too much TV!)

When I arrived on the 11th, it was clear that loved ones had been there right before me. At midnight I arrived at the complex [which seemed utterly deserted] and candles lit Lauren's porch amidst mournful bouquets and wreaths at her door and the stairway [http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/page/2] . Lauren's was the only apartment of the front 4 that looked occupied, honestly. The family must have been free to come and go to some extent, my impression was that the MPD felt they had seized all pertinent evidence from the apartment. It felt as though the apartment was serving as a sarcophagus, of sorts, for her memory. The contrast to McDaniel's apartment was stark. All signs of life and activity seemed to stop at an imaginary line between their two apartments. Also, given the presence of the sign on the door, it seemed like his apartment was the priority in terms of evidence--not Lauren's.

Lol, I know right? I wasn't planning on touching anything but when I smelled that stench I was torn between calling it in when I knew it was probably nothing or finding out for myself by digging in it before I called, I ended up having to do both. It disturbs me every time they return, I just realized that a photo of MPD removing the refrigerator was dated a day after I left? I already knew about the refrigerator issue long before I arrived there in Macon thanks to Lomaker, but they didn't actually remove it until the 13th?
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1630660/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html
Only McD's apartment had a Do Not Enter sign while I was there, not the vacant one [or Lauren's]. I'm kind of confused about why that would be.

My first guess would be that it's an indication of how focused they are on McD. Hypothetically, they could've already got pretty conclusive evidence from Lauren's apartment - meaning that they have a very good picture of what occurred there. Someone has mentioned the Door-Jam (security device), noting that if properly used, it would not allow the door to be opened by force or by unlocking (whether the lock was picked or a key was used). Perhaps this plus some other [unknown, at least to me] evidence rules out the possibility that someone entered by force and committed the crime there.

In the link posted by MaconMom, it says that the Do Not Enter sign was removed, btw.

I totally agree. I remember a case in Florida, where the detectives let the friends come in and clean up the murder victim's home not long after. Well, you can guess what happened... a lot of "evidence" was wiped away.

It's insane the lack of protocol that exists in terms of who is responsible for the crime scene clean-up. I've heard of cases where downstairs tenants were almost driven out of their apartments due to blood and other biological fluids dripping down from their ceiling and onto a fan, spraying it across the room, after the tenant above died and the authorities did no clean up. Apparently in many jurisdictions there are no rules which dictate someone other than the property owner is responsible for the clean-up. My uncle owns properties and when one of his tenants died in his house, we had to go in there and clean up the very gory aftermath ourselves. It is an expense law enforcement is not required to shoulder.

We have seen this countless times, in countless cases, with respect to reading verbatim into the news articles, semantics, and the way things are reported.

Has LE actually said this, the the apartment was where Lauren was murdered, or have I been sleeping?

Macon police returned to search again at the apartment complex where investigators say Lauren Giddings was murdered last month.

http://m.13wmaz.com/topstory/article?a=136405&f=924

Can someone provide a link to the motion to disqualify the Bibb DA for conflict of interest filed by SMD's attorney Floyd Buford? I know I've seen it somewhere in this discussion, but can't find it. Thanks! ~TM

We have seen this countless times, in countless cases, with respect to reading verbatim into the news articles, semantics, and the way things are reported.

Has LE actually said this, the the apartment was where Lauren was murdered?

More curiouser and curiouser, why would they need to come back after they were just there last week? Any ideas ? Let's say FBI told them to go look for something specific. What could it be ? I assume the carpet in apt 4 is the same as the carpet in apt 2 and in apt 1. Shaking my head trying to make some sense of it all , appreciate any theories.

My first guess would be that it's an indication of how focused they are on McD. Hypothetically, they could've already got pretty conclusive evidence from Lauren's apartment - meaning that they have a very good picture of what occurred there. Someone has mentioned the Door-Jam (security device), noting that if properly used, it would not allow the door to be opened by force or by unlocking (whether the lock was picked or a key was used). Perhaps this plus some other [unknown, at least to me] evidence rules out the possibility that someone entered by force and committed the crime there.

In the link posted by MaconMom, it says that the Do Not Enter sign was removed, btw.

The Door-Jam would certainly rule out anyone entering with or without a key if she had already put it up for the night when she returned, but I do wonder if maybe-since she had been out to Zaxby's that night-she hadn't settled in completely and thus had not yet set the Door-Jam. I'm pretty sure she'd have locked her door behind her at least if she had been concerned enough to buy a Door-Jam, but maybe the actual setting up of the jam was a ritual she didn't do until right before bed? I know I don't lay the yardstick in the track of my sliding glass door until right before bed, same with the Glock 9mm I keep in a certain place while I sleep and the silly crowbar.
However, it is entirely possible and plausible that if McD realized she had started using a Door-Jam, he could have ambushed her quickly outside her apartment door. It is very dark there at night [as the pictures I took were meant to show http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr...280502&Signature=2qTCSmAgREGN5aO8hYVuoGz3j7U= ] and if he was quick he could have just yanked her into his apartment upon her return home. It would be interesting to know if the Zaxby's take-out was found in her apartment.
It would also be interesting to know if the reason McD was so willing to offer up that bit about the email in which she stated she was afraid of a break in was to somehow divert attention from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat