GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. I remember a case in Florida, where the detectives let the friends come in and clean up the murder victim's home not long after. Well, you can guess what happened... a lot of "evidence" was wiped away.

Unless they found all the evidence they needed in LGs apt in those first few days. As cited in previous articles and news conferences, SMD was interrogated for 20 hours and Chief Burns said he hasn't spoken to McD since July 1 repeatedly. IMO, that means they got what they needed in talking to not have to talk anymore, possibly why none of his jail calls are recorded as cited before in this thread.

Could it be there was some incriminating evidence in LGs apt, so therefore they felt safe to let the family roam through and look for anything out of the ordinary.?

Re-posting some items regarding the apartments and crime scene(s) that seem relevant to the latest developments.
07-08-11
Police cleared the family to go inside the apartment and remove their daughter's belongings. They arrived around 2 p.m. and spent much of the afternoon at the apartment on Georgia Avenue.
  • Police told him they have not confirmed where his daughter was killed, but they are leaning toward the apartment as the scene of the crime.

• He said there was no sign of a struggle at the apartment.
Lauren’s father, Bill Giddings, told WMAZ that police have not determined where she was killed but they think it may have been inside the apartment. More than 70 pieces of evidence collected from the apartment were sent to the FBI for forensic testing and results are expected early this week. Police would not say what the items being tested were.

Chief Burns visited Giddings’ apartment with her father Friday morning. He asked that the family share information about anything “out of the ordinary” that they notice while cleaning out the apartment.
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...t-known-sighting-of-mercer-grad-before-death/

More curiouser and curiouser, why would they need to come back after they were just there last week? Any ideas ? Let's say FBI told them to go look for something specific. What could it be ? I assume the carpet in apt 4 is the same as the carpet in apt 2 and in apt 1. Shaking my head trying to make some sense of it all , appreciate any theories.

Like any analysis, processing crime scene evidence is a step-by-step process where each answer leads to another question. One by one, you walk through the questions, rule out as many answers as possible, then move on to the next question.

From today's news:
Police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet said several police officers were "following clues" inside apartment No. 4, home of Stephen McDaniel. Police have identified him as a person of interest in Giddings' death.
http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/macon-police-back-giddings-apartment/55471

We don't know what was removed from McD's apartment last week, but not all evidence requires testing in a laboratory. If they have his recent Wal-Mart receipts, then very likely they have other personal documents. Notebooks, journals, or a message scribbled on a post-it note can all hold clues, not mention photographs, cameras and videos.

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/macon-police-back-giddings-homicide-scene/55471 Not sure its a good idea for "Jami G " to be out running her mouth on this active investigation. Nice umbrella, outfit and lingerie though !

Did. Anyone else notice. There was more of this interview? I tried. To find the full video on wmaz full site and it isn't there or at least I couldn't find it. The last statement by the reporter is "we saw a large plastic tub being taken in, can we " and then the video ended.

I can't find another video, but here's a photo of an investigator carrying the tub up the stairs. It looks like an ordinary container used to collect evidence.

ll7hy.SlMa.71.jpg

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

I agree. I recall this (what Knox is referring to) as well - both the discussion & the pictures. I guess I expected that even when they wanted the family to see if there was anything "out of place," they would have shown them pictures, rather than letting them walk through the apartment. (But this could just be because I watch too much TV!)

Giddings’ car and apartment key were returned to her parents Thursday morning, according to the release.

FWIW, if it even matters ... Lauren's family was given permission to clear out her apartment July 7th-

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/MPD-Investigators-Search-McDaniels-Apartment--125903358.html

If this has already been posted, I apologize for the double-post... Otherwise, I thought it was interesting how the first paragraph was worded... that "Investigators are searching the apartment of Giddings neighbor, Stephen Mark McDaniel.... Sergeant Scott Chapman tells NewsCentral, investigators are processing evidence regarding Giddings' homicide within the apartment and any findings will be sent to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for testing". To me, if this is correct, it is saying that SM's apartment is indeed the crime scene. If not, then Sgt Chapman could have been referencing the apartment building as a whole.... Any thoughts?

As many others posting here, I have lived in Macon my whole life and am very surprised that this homicide took place here in our beautiful town. I have seen a lot of crime in the news locally over the years, but most is attributed to our "Macon hoodlums" (which, yes, lol, everyone who lives here pretty much either uses the term or knows someone who has... VERY COMMON as a figure-of-speech down this way...) I am also glad to see everyone's ideas regarding this case, as it is being kept very hush-hush down here, except for the rampant gossip around town... there are other things I have heard regarding McDaniel and his involvement... but I don't know all the rules yet regarding the posting of rumors and hearsay... regardless..... I am so happy to be back with you guys again... I first posted here under a different name during the time Caylee Anthony first went missing, but for some reason had to come up with another username after I could not log in a couple of weeks ago... You know I had to see your thoughts regarding a homicide in my own hometown... especially concerning a crime this terrible... poor Lauren... my prayers go out to her family... and for the city of Macon.... it is scary and disheartening to see such horror visit this place...

Didn't someone say mcd made purchases for a camping trip? is there a link for that? And a link for the torso being wrapped in plastered found IN AND NOT OUT of the garbage bins?
There was a member of the running group that mentioned a camping trip in an interview . The article is at www.macon.com it was one of the first interview s.

Heres the quote and link stating that the torso was wrapped in plastic and that it was discovered in the trash bins..

Giddings’ torso was found in a trash bin June 30, wrapped in plastic. McDaniel was charged in the predawn hours July 1, accused of a pair of burglaries in which he allegedly took two condoms from other apartments in the complex two winters ago.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/19/1635...#ixzz1SWXX2bPc

And then psychomom posted about she thought she remembered reading an article that stated it was "camping" items purchased.. But to my knowledge that article
Was never located.. Here's the post:
Regarding the Walmart purchases, I remember reading VERY early on in this case a few particularly interesting articles were purchased. Items which could have been of interest in this case, but the article stated LE had decided the purchases had no value since those exact items were found intact and unused in SM's apartment. They were items he had purchased for some upcoming event. Seems like they mentioned a camping trip. I did not save the article because it did not appear to hold anything of relevance. If anyone else happens to run across that article, please share it. I will try to locate it as well.

And then early on it infact was stated by a
Friend in the HH running club that he had
Left messages and texts to Lauren about the upcoming camping trip that was planned for the 4th of July weekend with the Running club..

Hope That Helps

I wish I could find the article. It listed the items bought at Walmart. I didn't think it would matter later on, since they found all the items in the apartment unused. I hate not being able to provide a link, or even where it was located. I do know it was a news article, though.

Like any analysis, processing crime scene evidence is a step-by-step process where each answer leads to another question. One by one, you walk through the questions, rule out as many answers as possible, then move on to the next question.

From today's news:

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/macon-police-back-giddings-apartment/55471

We don't know what was removed from McD's apartment last week, but not all evidence requires testing in a laboratory. If they have his recent Wal-Mart receipts, then very likely they have other personal documents. Notebooks, journals, or a message scribbled on a post-it note can all hold clues, not mention photographs, cameras and videos.

Forgot to mention his computer, that is what I'm curious about.

Police maintain that they are waiting on forensic results.

"We want to get the right person and we want to do it in the right way to make sure this case is absolutely air tight," says Gaudet.
http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...iels-bound-for-FBI-125922229.html?skipthumb=Y

Well, I'll say this atleast gives me hope that they are still in a very much progressive state regarding the investigation.. And am glad to hear them say that the reason they going about this so slowly and meticulously is for the case to be airtight..

Also their mentioning again that they will go where the evidence leads them makes me more secure that there is still evidence that is leading back to McD..

For now I have no reason to not believe LE's statements to be anything other than honest.. So am taking them at their word amd appreciate their having atleast taken the time to comment about the investigation .

I wish I could find the article. It listed the items bought at Walmart. I didn't think it would matter later on, since they found all the items in the apartment unused. I hate not being able to provide a link, or even where it was located. I do know it was a news article, though.

Dated 07/18/11
Detectives have scrutinized purchases of items McDaniel made at a Macon Wal-Mart store around the time of Giddings’ death, but according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation, it isn’t clear whether the items McDaniel bought have any bearing on the Giddings probe.

This is the only statement from LE I have seen on the Walmart Purchases. I don't think they would ever announce a list of the items he purchased, but I may be wrong. I did spend a fair amount of time scanning articles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member