GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last point coincides with a tip I received about someone who wanted to know where she lived because he liked watching her run. Just a rumor but who knows...

Now, see, THAT slips into the creepy factor for me.

We learned about the chainmail very early on. It's come from a number of different sources, and now you, Reannan. I find it very odd that he would wear it to school. That's a sign of someone who is insecure and doesn't fit in. So he wears the chainmail to make a statement, as if to say, "Yes, I'm different. I'm not like the rest of you. I don't want to be like the rest of you because I'm better than you. I know and understand things that you can't." Maybe I'm wrong, but that's often the case with individuals who deliberately set themselves apart from their peers. Shows a lack of maturity, too, because it's adolescent behavior. :twocents:

I actually do agree that going so far as to wear chain mail to law school is a deliberate statement, likely of superiority and ''otherness''...my cousin did stuff like that in high school to freak people out [teachers mostly]. I think it goes along with what was rumored about the anti-Obama rant he went on, which supposedly got a bad reaction from people which prompted further outrage on his part.
My guess is he alternately desired to fit in very much like Lauren and also detested what he considered sheepishness, that he struggled with insecurity, and acted out/lashed out at times while trying to be "one of the gang" at other times.
He wanted to be a supreme court justice, that says a lot about his view of himself and I don't just mean delusions of grandeur, it's a strident and singular kind of goal to have.

I am betting he is dealing with Anxiety and Depression right now, whether he was before or not. Those are both on Axis I. Axis I disorders are much more easily treated, with some exceptions. Axis II disorders are more ingrained and part of who you are.

Here is an article with some pictures of the sewer tunnel in Atlanta. I guess Macon has some that are similarly sized.
http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2010/01/30/a-tour-of-atlantas-south-river-sewer-tunnel/

So they can just mosey on in as a group through like a manhole and go running down there? Is that how you get in? I've seen lots of movies from the 80's [Jason Takes Manhattan] depicting sewer frolicking but I don't know how accurate it all is.
That said, it still weirds me out to think of a bunch of runners running through a sewer, runners tend to be very Type A, can you imagine a bunch of Type A's doing that?

I am betting he is dealing with Anxiety and Depression right now, whether he was before or not. Those are both on Axis I. Axis I disorders are much more easily treated, with some exceptions. Axis II disorders are more ingrained and part of who you are.

Yes, but from scanning through lots of old pics of him, he has a very medicated [as in side effects, weight gain, etc.] look to him and Axis II disorders generally are treated with cognitive behavioral therapy...although the state of care today therapists rarely even bother diagnosing beyond Axis I so it's easy to imagine McD having an Axis II disorder and being treated for some nonsense Axis I disorder his real problem is masquerading as.

Yes, but from scanning through lots of old pics of him, he has a very medicated [as in side effects, weight gain, etc.] look to him and Axis II disorders generally are treated with cognitive behavioral therapy...although the state of care today therapists rarely even bother diagnosing beyond Axis I so it's easy to imagine McD having an Axis II disorder and being treated for some nonsense Axis I disorder his real problem is masquerading as.

Insurance rarely covers treatment for Axis II, so most therapists and hospitals won't touch it. And CBT is only as effective as the person getting the treatment wants it to be. Personality disorders are horrendous to work with. People aren't usually interested in changing who they are as much as you would think. Good or bad, it is there comfort zone. With Axis I, the symptoms are usually bad enough to make them want to make it go away. Not always, but usually.

Been in the field for about 10 years (longer if you count teaching the behavior disorder classes). I've seen a lot, and I have seen the treatments offered get reduced year after year. Yet, there are still some community based treatments that are free or reduced for people with no insurance. Many of those with the worst mental illness have no insurance. I know there is one in the Macon area because we have sent people from our area to Warner Robbins for treatment. They were the nearest empty bed we could find.

As for the sewers, not sure if they can get into them in Macon or not. I was only showing you how big they could be.

Insurance rarely covers treatment for Axis II, so most therapists and hospitals won't touch it. And CBT is only as effective as the person getting the treatment wants it to be. Personality disorders are horrendous to work with. People aren't usually interested in changing who they are as much as you would think. Good or bad, it is there comfort zone. With Axis I, the symptoms are usually bad enough to make them want to make it go away. Not always, but usually.

Been in the field for about 10 years (longer if you count teaching the behavior disorder classes). I've seen a lot, and I have seen the treatments offered get reduced year after year. Yet, there are still some community based treatments that are free or reduced for people with no insurance. Many of those with the worst mental illness have no insurance. I know there is one in the Macon area because we have sent people from our area to Warner Robbins for treatment. They were the nearest empty bed we could find.

As for the sewers, not sure if they can get into them in Macon or not. I was only showing you how big they could be.

Yeah, I know why therapists don't go beyond Axis I for insurance purposes, but I also was diagnosed with an Axis II disorder only after it became the only possible [and most logical] conclusion after 3 prior therapists in less than 10 years.
It's frustrating, and CBT helped me a lot, whether or not the diagnosis of the Axis II disorder was really correct or not. The GAD that piggybacks on my personality disorder is the real irritant.
In your experience have you noticed that men on psychoactive medication gain weight sometimes in odd places [not necessarily the excessive, obesity level weight gain but just weight that wouldn't otherwise accumulate in certain strange places]?

HP brings to mind something else along those same lines of mental health and counseling being available.. The issue of medical Insurance.. These students are 25-27yoa, we're not talking 20-22yoa as most undergraduate students are when nearing graduation.. At 25-27yoa the issue of them not being covered under an insurance policy at all would be a concern.. Not sure if there are some type of exceptions but I know for myself and my sister(who did continue with graduate school)at the age of 23 we were no longer able to be on our parents insurance even tho we were still college full time students.. I could see this as a problem for many students especially students that suffer from any mental Illness and then not to be covered by insurance along with the cost of seeking help even just bi weekly or monthly sessions can be extremely costly and unaffordable to many who may desperately be in need..

Just a thought since we're on that subject..

Mercer requires health insurance or they charge you for it with your tuition:

http://bursar.mercer.edu/health/

Yeah, I know why therapists don't go beyond Axis I for insurance purposes, but I also was diagnosed with an Axis II disorder only after it became the only possible [and most logical] conclusion after 3 prior therapists in less than 10 years.
It's frustrating, and CBT helped me a lot, whether or not the diagnosis of the Axis II disorder was really correct or not. The GAD that piggybacks on my personality disorder is the real irritant.
In your experience have you noticed that men on psychoactive medication gain weight sometimes in odd places [not necessarily the excessive, obesity level weight gain but just weight that wouldn't otherwise accumulate in certain strange places]?

Weight gain is one of the main reasons people stop taking medication. It isn't necessarily in odd places, but it sometimes is a lot. Plus, a lot of these medications after impacting the weight leads to diabetes. It is a real struggle to get the persistently mentally ill to remain on medication when the side effects can be so bad. If they work well with their doctor, the right combination of medications can be found with the least side effects. Too many give up before they find that combination. If you are talking about men in particular, though, they sometimes get that weeble look. You know, weebles wobble but they don't fall down. And it tends to decrease the sex drive a lot, especially in men.

Mercer requires health insurance or they charge you for it with your tuition:

http://bursar.mercer.edu/health/

And it STINKS! We bought our own this year after trying it. Hardly anything was covered.

I was wondering, the main campus does have a counseling center available for the students. Are the students at the law school not allowed to go to that counseling center?

Here is a link to Mercer's health insurance plan (the one they make you take if you don't have any other insurance):

http://www.pearceandpearce.com/PearceSite/Schools/GA/mercer/PDFs/mubr10.pdf

Under the plan summary, it does say psychotherapy is covered so if McD - or another student- had this insurance, there would at least be access to some services.

So they can just mosey on in as a group through like a manhole and go running down there? Is that how you get in?

I have no idea. Maybe there is a drainage pipe somewhere that you can enter through? HHH are known for running in weird places. They aren't your average group of runners that run on the street. If you look on Wikipedia, it even mentions storm drains as a place where they run. I know they have run in the sewers under the old Macon Mall, if you know where that is. Not an area I'd even feel comfortable shopping in, much less wandering around underground!

How long does your attorney allow you to stay in jail if you are innocent before getting you posted on bond?

Do we find it odd that SMcD attorney seems to be in no hurry in getting him released? He was so worried about the conflict of interest that he cancelled the first bond hearing in lieu of the conflict hearing.

I agree tho, if he's worked there, someone else should probably hear the case, but at any rate, what could they lose if the DA's office liked SMcD? Unless there was a problem while he interned that his attorney thought might interfere with his case.

At any rate, how long can you hold someone without any evidence?

Not sure he's innocent, some have rumoured around several campuses that SMcD's vehicle was seen behind the complex backed in. Just rumour this far. Also that the stench from the trashcan was bad for days adn passersby noticed it. Yes I think there is a lot not being told for sure. I wonder how many have called in tips.

How long does your attorney allow you to stay in jail if you are innocent before getting you posted on bond?

Do we find it odd that SMcD attorney seems to be in no hurry in getting him released? He was so worried about the conflict of interest that he cancelled the first bond hearing in lieu of the conflict hearing.

I agree tho, if he's worked there, someone else should probably hear the case, but at any rate, what could they lose if the DA's office liked SMcD? Unless there was a problem while he interned that his attorney thought might interfere with his case.

At any rate, how long can you hold someone without any evidence?

Not sure he's innocent, some have rumoured around several campuses that SMcD's vehicle was seen behind the complex backed in. Just rumour this far. Also that the stench from the trashcan was bad for days adn passersby noticed it. Yes I think there is a lot not being told for sure. I wonder how many have called in tips.

Whether you get bond doesn't have anything to do with whether you're innocent (unless they believe you are a danger to the community, but McD has not been charged with murder). It has more to do with whether they think you'll return to court.

As for postponing the bond hearing, I know there has been a lot of conjecture about that. My thoughts are they filed the conflict of interest motion before the bond hearing because his attorney was afraid that the conflict issue would be waived if he proceeded on the bond motion without raising it. As for the substance of the motion, it never had a chance. The defense needed to prove an actual conflict, not just the appearance of one.

To date, only two members have been verified in the Lauren Giddings case.

Lomaker has been verified as a local.
Macontime has been verified as a local.

If a member wants to post as a professional ( a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.
wsverify@xmission.com
Please include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.
All info will be kept strictly confidential
Thank you!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

To date, only two members have been verified in the Lauren Giddings case.

Lomaker has been verified as a local.
Macontime has been verified as a local.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

I guess my point is that there must be some very damming circumstantial evidence to hold an innocent man and be afraid he'd skip bail for only the charges against him being burglary to which he openly admitted,for stealing condoms 3 years ago. Weird yes, but it's not murder. I've read this whole forum for days and the news isn't always correct and we are all speculating. This is the only thing that seems to really matter at this point and we don't know what the police have..........if anything. So holding a man in jail with no evidence, afraid he'll skip bail on stealing condoms? haha. How long can he be held. We are all innocent until proven guilty. Regardless of what I think of SMcD. I'd hate to know anyone could be held in jail for weeks on end without police having nothing more than suspicion. Jeepers. So there must be something significant, wouldnt' there? Thanks

I guess my point is that there must be some very damming circumstantial evidence to hold an innocent man and be afraid he'd skip bail for only the charges against him being burglary to which he openly admitted,for stealing condoms 3 years ago. Weird yes, but it's not murder. I've read this whole forum for days and the news isn't always correct and we are all speculating. This is the only thing that seems to really matter at this point and we don't know what the police have..........if anything. So holding a man in jail with no evidence, afraid he'll skip bail on stealing condoms? haha. How long can he be held. We are all innocent until proven guilty. Regardless of what I think of SMcD. I'd hate to know anyone could be held in jail for weeks on end without police having nothing more than suspicion. Jeepers. So there must be something significant, wouldnt' there? Thanks

This has been explained a few times, but one more won't hurt...

In a nutshell: SM has not been denied bond. SM is in jail right now because under GA law, for 90 days, he has to request to be released on bond -- it doesn't happen automatically -- and there is no request pending of which I am aware.

He did request it once, but after it was granted ($8k and some change), the police charged him with another count of burglary. When you have two charges, your request has to be heard by a different court that only hears those requests one day of the week (Thursday, I believe). SM's bond was revoked at that time, and he initially scheduled a hearing for a new bond request but then withdrew it, purportedly because of the pending conflict of interest motion.

Now that the conflict issue is resolved, if things were normal, SM would request a bond hearing on Thursday and be released. But nothing is normal here. In any event, for the next two months or so, assuming nothing changes, SM will probably have to request bond if he wants to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli