GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correcty, Tuesday and Thursday on bond St, just across the street is trash day, I know Thursday for sure.

I agree with everyone who has commented on it....I think he is guilty but I don't want him to be. I would have befriended him as well. I really believe if he did it, he definitely has issues beyond his control.

I get that vibe here as well.
I got that vibe from Jeffrey Dahmer during his trial when I was a little kid but who knows how much of that was a side effect of thinking he was handsome...but as I got older and really studied Dahmer, I felt a great deal more sympathy for him than I ever did the even better looking Ted Bundy, who I feel virtually zero sympathy for.
When someone commits crimes essentially because their loneliness is a warped and vicious sort, and you can see it written all over their life, it's hard not to feel for them.
It is the mercy we show the most grievous violators of our society's values that determines the value of our society, I believe that.

Interesting. I was wondering which of the personaty types are likely murderers

Interesting. I was wondering which of the personaty types are likely murderers

Antisocial.

And possibly, Borderline, but those are more spur of the moment types of attacks.

The city of Macon only picks up trash once a week on an assigned day. I guess the apt. complex could have used the services of a disposal company, but I believe disposal services only use huge metal dumpsters - not trash cans. I could be wrong.

Yes, this has all been covered/confirmed in previous posts in the thread.

Trash pickup day is Thursday.

Isn't antisocial the psych/sociopaths who tend to have narcissistic traits too. If so I dont see that in SMcD. Someone on here earlier on had noted he was probably the schizoid type. so this guy doesnt' remind me of Dahmer or BTK, whom I suspected when I saw them, nor does SMcD remind me of the charismatic/charming types, that would def be the antisocial ones, like Ted Bundy. JMO

I know chain mail is not what most people wear, but I really think people are making too much of this without a good reason. SM seems like a D&D type of guy to me. A geek. He probably just likes chain mail, and he's not the only one.

This "thinkgeek" website sells chain mail shirts to wear "for medieval battle or just Thursday".

ETA: I hope he doesn't wear it next Thursday!!! Even though it says chainmail is the new black.

Thanks for posting the link...I was just about to post a question as to what chain mail was (I'm so out of touch now! LOL)...and then you posted this.

I get that vibe here as well.
I got that vibe from Jeffrey Dahmer during his trial when I was a little kid but who knows how much of that was a side effect of thinking he was handsome...but as I got older and really studied Dahmer, I felt a great deal more sympathy for him than I ever did the even better looking Ted Bundy, who I feel virtually zero sympathy for.
When someone commits crimes essentially because their loneliness is a warped and vicious sort, and you can see it written all over their life, it's hard not to feel for them.
It is the mercy we show the most grievous violators of our society's values that determines the value of our society, I believe that.

Yes, I feel like Ted Bundy's was more sociopathic and egotistic, of course along with other elements, but with this guy and Dahmer, there seems to be more of a lonliness and extreme emotional unfulfillment.

Due to the fact that SMD talked so much to the reporter during that interview, not just answering questions but elaborating on what he knew, I can't help but wonder if one reason his attorney has not been anxious to get a bond hearing is because he feels like his client is better off in jail, away from the media, and not spilling out everything he thinks & knows ... at least until the FBI evidence comes back.

It's like he's a wild card, for the attorney at least, because he doesn't know what he might say to the media. And you know they'll be trying to interview him if he gets out.

Yes, this has all been covered/confirmed in previous posts in the thread.

Trash pickup day is Thursday.

I asked, Tomkat was kind enough to reply.

So, SK, the surrounding streets (including Bond St.) all picked up on Thursday, is that what you are saying? I asked about the surrounding streets, not just the complex. TIA

Not trying to change the topic of the last several posts but I noticed something from a link that Harry Potter shared yesterday

http://www.macon.com/giddings/

the heading article there by LG's picture states:

"Mercer University law school graduate Lauren Giddings, who was last seen June 25, was killed sometime on or shortly before June 30, 2011. Part of her body was found next to her apartment building on Georgia Avenue in downtown Macon. Police are investigating the case, but no one has been charged in Giddings' death. The hunt for whoever is responsible has prompted one of the highest profile police investigations in Macon in years."

This is the first piece I recall being worded like this, ON OR SHORTLY BEFORE JUNE 30TH.....

now I'm wondering different things again.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!

THAT is why I always go back and re-read articles and watch video interviews, because sometimes things like that get missed.

If the TOD really was Thursday, or just prior to Thursday, then that changes absolutely everything. OMG

Have any other news outlets reported this? I wonder if further clarification from that news outlet would confirm if it is a misprint or error in fact? I am thinking it could be accurate, because of the wording, "on or shortly before June 30th".

It seems to be a confirmation that Lauren was actually held during the time she was missing, which was alluded to by LE regarding not being deceased for very long prior to recovery, and that is extremely distressing to hear. :(

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!

THAT is why I always go back and re-read articles and watch video interviews, because sometimes things like that get missed.

If the TOD really was Thursday, or just prior to Thursday, then that changes absolutely everything. OMG

Have any other news outlets reported this? I wonder if further clarification from that news outlet would confirm if it is a misprint or error in fact? I am thinking it could be accurate, because of the wording, "on or shortly before June 30th".

It seems to be a confirmation that Lauren was actually held during the time she was missing, which was alluded to by LE regarding not being deceased for very long prior to recovery, and that is extremely distressing to hear. :(

You said it! I am really hoping this is a misprint.

If Lauren's TOD was on or shortly before Thursday, June 30th, then I wonder what time the purchases were made at Wal-Mart?

This info is dated from an article July 24th. I don't know if it was updated July 24th, but was actually an earlier article ? (because I am pretty sure I read this article prior to Sunday, July 24th, but could be mistaken). ETA: The comments section start July 19th, so, I do believe this article was last updated July 24.

I don't know how long this TOD June 30th information has been on the Macon Website, as it is listed next to Lauren's picture, and not included in any articles that I can find. The timeline matter here, I think.

I wonder if SMcD is a frequent purchaser at Walmart? Are the Walmart stores in Macon open late or all night? How close is the Walmart? Did LE find the receipts for his purchases in his apartment, did they see him on video at Walmart or what?

Detectives have scrutinized purchases of items McDaniel made at a Macon Wal-Mart store around the time of Giddings’ death

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/19/1635696/police-looking-at-purchases-mcdaniel.html#ixzz1TEguTwmd

FBI were in touch with Macon LE Monday Afternoon.

So, either an arrest announcement is coming, or LE will issue a statement of what they now want from the public. Let's hope it's the former.

Thank goodness there is movement.

The news release says Macon police were in contact with the FBI Monday afternoon. That's according to Major Charles Stone, head of the department's investigative division.

I've been trying to follow along, reading post since the beginning. Lots of interesting theories here. I'm interested to know if anyone has seen a timeline of events anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee