GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting these interviews. Thoughts: if he is such a loner and not a social type person, why was he so eager and amenable to giving out all these interviews to be on television? Also, he was very forthcoming with personal details about her - where she runs, in a running club, she's from Maryland, her dog, etc. Makes my hinky radar as some people have called it, go off!

Wow I had not seen that whole video either. After he is told about the body he walks away and sits down. He's either sobbing or can't catch his breath....which is what happens sometimes if one panics. Do you guys think he's crying or panicking?

I keep going back and forth on my feeling about him as the murderer.

Seeing the full video makes me believe even more that he's innocent. He seems genuinely shocked that a body was found. I don't think he's really crying or panicking, I think it's just shock and he felt like he needed to sit down.

I wonder why they've never played the full interview on the news (at least that I've seen). They certainly never played it in the many replays of his partial interview that they showed when he was first named as a POI. If you just watch the second half, it almost seems like he's crying "crocodile tears" (faking it). But, when you watch the whole thing, it becomes more believable IMO.

I think the suggestion that he may have been threatened is entirely plausible. Not saying it's the indisputable-way-it-is, but plausible, certainly. He could know something important that somebody else doesn't want him to tell.

So you think they would lock him up, do irreparable damage to his reputation, ruin his chances at taking the bar exam, etc, just because there was some secret threat no one has heard anything at all about? Trust me, that's not why he's in jail.

Thank you so much, Knox, for the link. I have SO MUCH wanted to see the video of the entire interview -- had listened to the audio several times, but just really needed to SEE this. I have watched it once and will several more times, I'm sure.

Looks like they just put it up last night.

I was also happy to see this show up.
Although, I can't help but think it hurts him more than it helps him.
I've yet to see/hear any indication that they were even remotely "close".
Being upset that your neighbor was killed is understandable, but he just shows
far too much emotion than is warranted.
When he hears of the body being found, it looks like he almost fainted.
Like all the blood rushed out of his extremities - like major fear/panic.
And did you notice he never once asked the first question you would
expect someone in this scenario to ask... "Where?"

It would be great if someone with expertise in psychology or reading
body language could give there take on these.

So you think they would lock him up, do irreparable damage to his reputation, ruin his chances at taking the bar exam, etc, just because there was some secret threat no one has heard anything at all about? Trust me, that's not why he's in jail.

i hope youre right.

can you please post the link to that? i cant find it.

Re: the new found video in which it shoes McD goes and sits on a curb while seemingly upset.. McMunn's statement about it seems to be a different angle or even cameraman and how strange/odd it would be for McD to have more than one similar reactions to being told of the body being found.. This really had me thinking and I went back to the Michelle Quesada Interview that we have the full audio and transcript of(thanks again to Destini).. And in going back and listening and reading I am now wondering if infact this may be completely different cameraman and be indeed just as McMunn mentioned a separate and different reaction to his being told by the media about the body..

I'll explain why I think this is "POSSIBLE" that it's a different/separate interview than what we saw with Michelle Quesada.. First reason being is because IIRC *when McD learns about the body being found on cam with Michelle interviewing I don't recall seeing him sit on the curb upset but rather there is some discussion between he and the reporter her asking if he's ok and Michelle says that he then enters into the AT&T building for what she assumed was to cool Down in the A/C, possibly get a drink of water, and to calm down or gather his thoughts from learning of the body discovered.. Then as we know as he exits the AT&T building Michelle approaches him OFF CAM just to check if he's ok and that he again is very chatty about his neighbor so she once again starts rolling ON CAM.. to which as we know continues on for several more minutes of McD's chatty conversing about Lauren.. The interview then ends with Michelle saying they moved on and went to speak with apt mgr BB.. So to my knowledge there wasn't this curb scene in that fullout interview.. Secondly it's what Michelle then tells Kenny(on the live audio we have linked along with Destini's having transcribed these words as well so anyone can go back and hear or read these things that I am stating was said by Michelle).. Kenny asked Michelle what was McD doing after she finished interviewing him and moved on to the apt mgr.. She states that when they left the scene(Barristers Halls apts) that McD was still on the scene giving interview with who she believed was "The Telegraph" news media.. Her making that statement made me think that it is possible that the footage was possibly McD speaking with these other news media that Michelle Quesada said she witnessed as she was leaving that McD was doing interviews with..

I am not claiming that for absolute certain they are two separate reactions of McD being told of the body being discovered, but rather only saying that given all the info stated ^above^ leads me to believe it could be possible... just an opinion and a possibility nothing more..

<snipped>

It's the same interview; on the link just posted for this one, it's credited to Michelle Quesada, and the accompanying print report also mentions that she did the interview.

It's pretty much word-for-word with the SM interview part of the audio that was on the radio show (and Destini's transcript). On that show, Michelle Quesada did explain about him going into the AT&T building. She said someone came out and pretty much took him inside, to compose himself, comfort him, whatever, I suppose. I would think that occurred after he sat down on the curb. They started taping again when he came back out.

Thanks for posting these interviews. Thoughts: if he is such a loner and not a social type person, why was he so eager and amenable to giving out all these interviews to be on television? Also, he was very forthcoming with personal details about her - where she runs, in a running club, she's from Maryland, her dog, etc. Makes my hinky radar as some people have called it, go off!

That's what I thought as well. I'm still having a hard time with the statement that he made where he said that he didn't even know that she was missing.

I'm not sure "too much emotion" is even possible when you find out your next door neighbor and law school comrade has been found dead.

As for not asking, "Where?", I believe the interviewer had just told him where, and he probably gained more information off camera between those two segments.

That is the 1st time I have seen the whole interview.

All I can say, is the tone and pitch of his voice is completely different, it is higher after he is told of her body, IMO.

I agree with the person who questioned why he didn't ask "where?". How about "are you sure?" "what?!" "OMG" "no way" "why didn't the police tell me/us they found her?"......

He has rapid blinking, breathing and a high pitch to his voice after finding out. I am not an expert, but, for someone who is not really very close to the victim, this seems very odd to me. JMO

The 3 part FOX news video is very telling to me. I think it is damaging to SM. Of course, these are my opinions. In the first part he talks willingly about Lauren and the efforts he has participated in to help find her. I think he gives just too much detail. It seems like he is her good friend in this part. When the reporter tells him of the discovery of the body, he is literally speechless. His reaction is far too strong to be receiving news of the death of a neighbor he is not good friends with. IMO, he looks at this point like he is experiencing physical pain in some form like a person might if they were very scared. When he is sitting on the curb, he looks to me like he is hyperventilating. In the second part, his whole demeanor seems changed. He is almost incoherent. His words seem like he is distancing himself from Lauren. Not at all like the chatty neighbor in part one. his flow of sentences don't make sense to me, like he is concentrating on saying the right things but can't remember what he has said before. Almost like he is talking about one thing but thinking about another. Panic mode. In the third part after he has been bused with others somewhere, he is somewhat more composed but still off to me. This is just my impressions from watching the video interview.

In the third part after he has been bused with others somewhere, he is somewhat more composed but still off to me. This is just my impressions from watching the video interview.

I believe that he and the others were bused to the police station before the interview started. I think that's why he was just learning about the body being found.

I believe SM's reaction to being told about the body was genuine. I can see it for myself, and the reporter who was physically there with him supports it as genuine.

However, I was willing to entertain the possibility that it was a reaction to her remains being discovered (because they were supposed to be gone with the trash), and not to the fact of their existence, as some have suggested. In the end, though, I reject that position.

According to the reporter, Michelle Quezada, in her interview with Kenny B the next morning, Lauren's remains were discovered somewhere around 10 a.m. The interview with SM happened hours later, around 1 or 2 p.m.

Doing my best to imagine myself as the perpetrator of this crime, I simply cannot fathom not keeping tabs on that trash bin. I cannot imagine knowing that LG's torso was sitting in that bin because of what I had done, and having no clue that the police had pulled her remains out and been on the scene for 3 or 4 hours.

I believe that he and the others were bused to the police station before the interview started. I think that's why he was just learning about the body being found.

That might explain not keeping tabs on the trash bin. When were they transported to the station, and for how long? Anybody know?

ETA: I see SM says he had gotten back "a little while ago", prior to the interview. That's obviously a relative term, but to me implies a long enough time to scope out the trash bin situation. I don't think he had just stepped off the bus. I would think the trash bin would be an immediate concern.

That might explain not keeping tabs on the trash bin. When were they transported to the station, and for how long? Anybody know?

ETA: I see SM says he had gotten back "a little while ago", prior to the interview. That's obviously a relative term, but to me implies a long enough time to scope out the trash bin situation. I don't think he had just stepped off the bus. I would think the trash bin would be an immediate concern.

This might help. This is Michelle Quesada on the Kenny B and Charles E program that Destini was so kind to translate for us. :D

MICHELLE: Okay. Well, first of all, we were on the scene for quite some time. I mean, they had brought out the body around 10 a.m. We had been there since -- I think Officer (inaudible) Perry had been out there since 9:30 maybe. And Tyler Southern, our meteorologist and reporter, came out with me. Perry then left and we stayed there to cover the story.

And I mean the body -- they took out the body. You know, we were out there for a really long time. I think it was around one or two p.m. when Stephen McDaniel came out. And he wasn't at the apartment the entire time, from what I understand from his interview. He was being questioned by police with some other friends of Lauren Giddings. And then he arrived to the scene.

I'm not sure he is a loner to the point of not being able to talk to people. He probably wouldn't have made it through law school if that was the case. I've observed that some people who have anxiety about interacting with others actually talk more than the average person when they do interact. I do it myself sometimes in fact! The reporter was asking for personal details, he could have been providing just whatever ones came into his mind. Maybe the scene with the little dog was one of the first times he had much interaction with LG -- I believe he says it was first year of law school (not sure).

Seeing the full video makes me believe even more that he's innocent. He seems genuinely shocked that a body was found. I don't think he's really crying or panicking, I think it's just shock and he felt like he needed to sit down.

I wonder why they've never played the full interview on the news (at least that I've seen). They certainly never played it in the many replays of his partial interview that they showed when he was first named as a POI. If you just watch the second half, it almost seems like he's crying "crocodile tears" (faking it). But, when you watch the whole thing, it becomes more believable IMO.

I wonder, too, if there is any significance about the station posting it online at this particular point (last night, apparently). Remember the radio show interview with the reporter, where the reporter said the police wanted the raw tape, station hadn't given it, she mentioned they could possibly subpoena it.

One thing -- I'll have to check to see if anyone has posted the link yet since I just came back to the thread -- there's a story on the Fox24 page that Michelle Quesada is going to be on the same FOX News show that Chief Burns, Amy Womack, sister Kaitlyn and the crime expert guys were on.

edit to add: here's the link
http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...-Quesada-to-Appear-on-FOX-News-126364918.html

I explained how I viewed this video earlier. I did see this early, early on before they chopped it up and made it the short version everyone has seen. But, this time I looked at it more analytically. When I broke down how he processed the information, I even explained how his mannerisms changed by what I viewed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6967465&postcount=349

I saw someone ask for someone to psychologically evaluate this info. Well, since I just finished doing another eval on a patient here at work, I figured I might be a good one to do that. I have evaluated about 20 different people in the last 3 nights. My job is to make that determination on the fly, based on all the observations of behaviors and affect and what past history we can find and a ton of other things. I have tried to use those skills in what I can find out about SM. That is why I am hesitant to condemn him. I am not seeing the proof in the pudding.

You know what I can't fathom? He was with the friends trying to find her in the wee hours of the morning. If he killed her & had to get rid of her torso after the friends left, why would he place her in the trash can right outside the apartment when he HAD to know LE would start swarming those apartments anytime?

If he had the nerve to take her body out & place it in the trash, not knowing who was watching, why wouldn't he have just put her in his car & drove somewhere away (like the river, a few blocks away)? Doesn't make sense.

And also, if they found her body because of the smell, why wouldn't the smell have been in his apartment or whichever apt. he was "hiding" her in? Wouldn't that smell have permeated there, too?

I think he was arrested on the burglary charge and that's why he's in jail...but as to why he's still there? Yes, I think he is/was strongly a POI in the murder. I'm not claiming this is THE scenario, Col., but it is possible that he saw, heard, inferred, or whatever something that he mentioned to the police at some point that later became crucial in the investigation of another POI...or, since he WAS free with details with the media, that LE thought might become crucial. Yes, I think it POSSIBLE that something like this could be part of what is behind the legal maneuvering back and forth to keep him where he is for just now.

I am on the fence personally, but I dislike it when posters tell other posters, more or less, that they cannot hold a different opinion. I was responding to your comment to another poster.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member