GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LE stating that McD was in possession of the master key vs. Ms. Spencer, the downstairs neighbor stating that LE told her that master key was found in possession of McD..

On the FOX show last week that had Chief Burns and the local reporter being interviewed.. Chief Burns stated in that nationally broadcast interview that yes, a master key to all apts of Barristers Halls was found in the possession of McD..

So yes not only has Mrs. Spencer stated this but now we have Chief Burns on record making this statement(and not that it matters but Burns didn't just answer a simple yes, to the question of was a master key found in McD's possession but rather he actually states the words that the master key was found in. McD's possession.. FWIW)

I know that someone posted the other day about McD possibly being involved in or interest in survivalist skills.. I have searched threads 3 and 4 and still unable to locate the posts where this was discussed.. Could either the person who posted this info or anyone who may remember where this was posted please post me the right direction to find where this was discussed I'd be ever so grateful :)

I know that someone posted the other day about McD possibly being involved in or interest in survivalist skills.. I have searched threads 3 and 4 and still unable to locate the posts where this was discussed.. Could either the person who posted this info or anyone who may remember where this was posted please post me the right direction to find where this was discussed I'd be ever so grateful :)

I haven't been able to find any earlier (than the post the other day) reference to it either, and I know at least one other poster mentioned that they didn't remember about the survivalist interests. I have a feeling, IMO only, that whoever mentioned it let it slip -- unintentionally, I feel quite sure, not meaning to violate any rules -- from an outside source.

I'm sure you're right but we are all speculating all kinds of outlandish scenarios here...my imagination can run wild too! I think she'd probably caught wind of the fact that people were looking for Lauren and she just wanted to "check."

I have been thinking about this...and even wrote a post about it...but in my "busy" day at work forgot to submit it....:innocent:
When BB first mentioned that she had gone into the apartment, she said that nothing was packed up like she would have expected for someone moving out in a couple of days. I am not sure she was aware that something bad had happened to Lauren. I bet she was more thinking more like a landlord and saying to herself "that Lauren is probably avoiding my calls, studying for that Bar exam. She isn't even packed! She needs to call me because the carpet cleaners are coming on Sat and if she isn't out she is not getting her deposit" or something like that. I am not sure that she was thinking that Lauren was "missing, missing." I am not sure as a landlord her mind would be thinking that way. I think she would be focused on getting the apartment ready to show. I think she might have been snooping, but I think it was more like making sure she was really leaving on the agreed upon date.

This Fox News video is slightly different than the one I watched on WMAZ. On that video I don't recall seeing him go sit down on the curb. This appears to be the raw version of the interview, which I thought got yanked. Anyway, for those who want to view it again, see link below.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

Excellent find, Knox! I believe that this is the same interview, just from a different cameraman. I'll have to continue to watch it to be sure. I can't imagine him being told twice that they found her body, and him reacting the same way both times.

Is there a way they could guess the decapitation was the killing wound? Ug, this is disgusting and I feel like it should be under a cut, but I know they can tell whether wounds are made before or after death sometimes and if...the neck wound was made before death maybe they are assuming that would be the killing one?
But, it seems like you would have to be really skilled to decapitate someone quickly and suddenly.

I always sort of thought that they were just saying "quick and painless" though just because that is easier for the family.

I'd forgotten that the alleged attempted break-in was supposed to have occurred on Thursday night. Thought I'd note it in case it proves to be relevant later.

After watching the video again, I see him initially trying to relay info in hopes of someone helping find her. Then when he hears about a body being found, he is thrown for a loop. The second video is after he had some time to think. He is still visible upset when discussing her, but switches modes (think right brain/left brain) and becomes less emotional and more logical in the discussion. Humans tend to do that. When we use the right brain, we are tapping into our emotional side. When we are trying to think of possibilities and solutions, we switch to the logical side. Helpful hint for all of you, if you are ever in a situation where you are very upset, try to solve a difficult math problem in your head. It will calm you down instantly because you are focusing on something requiring logic. I do not see guilt pouring out of him on this interview either. I wish I could. Life would be easier knowing the right guy is already behind bars.

Not the most scientific explanation, but a little more about Right Brain/Left Brain thinking: http://delicategeniusblog.com/?p=552

Someone please refresh my memory:
On the topic of death being "quick & painless", has there been any denial that Lauren's body may have had a gunshot wound? A shot into the heart is all I can think of that would have caused instantaneous death that could be called quick & painless.

Someone please refresh my memory:
On the topic of death being "quick & painless", has there been any denial that Lauren's body may have had a gunshot wound? A shot into the heart is all I can think of that would have caused instantaneous death.

I don't think anyone's said anything about her body having a gunshot wound, but her other neighbor denied hearing anything. If she was shot at the apt, maybe someone would have heard it.

This Fox News video is slightly different than the one I watched on WMAZ. On that video I don't recall seeing him go sit down on the curb. This appears to be the raw version of the interview, which I thought got yanked. Anyway, for those who want to view it again, see link below.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't seen it before. My friend that works for WMAZ said Fox was on the scene first so maybe that's why you didn't see this from the WMAZ video.

Wow I had not seen that whole video either. After he is told about the body he walks away and sits down. He's either sobbing or can't catch his breath....which is what happens sometimes if one panics. Do you guys think he's crying or panicking?

I keep going back and forth on my feeling about him as the murderer.

Wow I had not seen that whole video either. After he is told about the body he walks away and sits down. He's either sobbing or can't catch his breath....which is what happens sometimes if one panics. Do you guys think he's crying or panicking?

i do too. i don't think i've ever been so on the fence about something. it could so easily go both ways.

i pray for her family every night, that they will get answers, so then maybe some form of justice could be served.. i don't know if i could survive the hell they must be going thru.

Many people do have panic attacks when upset. And, can you imagine how you would react if your next door neighbor was killed? A little panic makes sense no matter who you are. You have to have several thoughts running through your mind. "OMG, That is horrible!" "Who could have done that?" "Maybe it was an accident." "Did someone rob her and kill her?" "It could have been me." I might have a moment of panic and grief hitting all at once. I tend to gather myself quickly and take charge in a crisis. Then, when it is all said and done and everything is getting back on track, I collapse in a heap of tears. I see him trying to do that some in the second interview, even more so in the third. He was trying to figure it out by talking it out. Someone just happened to be there with a camera and a reporter.

Thank you so much, Knox, for the link. I have SO MUCH wanted to see the video of the entire interview -- had listened to the audio several times, but just really needed to SEE this. I have watched it once and will several more times, I'm sure.

Looks like they just put it up last night.

Well, then what in the world does he need protection from? I mean really, is that even a plausible suggestion?

I think the suggestion that he may have been threatened is entirely plausible. Not saying it's the indisputable-way-it-is, but plausible, certainly. He could know something important that somebody else doesn't want him to tell.

Many people do have panic attacks when upset. And, can you imagine how you would react if your next door neighbor was killed? A little panic makes sense no matter who you are. You have to have several thoughts running through your mind. "OMG, That is horrible!" "Who could have done that?" "Maybe it was an accident." "Did someone rob her and kill her?" "It could have been me." I might have a moment of panic and grief hitting all at once. I tend to gather myself quickly and take charge in a crisis. Then, when it is all said and done and everything is getting back on track, I collapse in a heap of tears. I see him trying to do that some in the second interview, even more so in the third. He was trying to figure it out by talking it out. Someone just happened to be there with a camera and a reporter.

Sure, in fact I panicked too when I first head that morning that there was a huge scene with police in respirators. I have friends that live at that complex and I didn't know what was going on or who was involved. It was just a question; food for thought. I was trying to read his mannerisms and decide but I didn't know....so that's why I asked you guys what you thought.

Re: the new found video in which it shoes McD goes and sits on a curb while seemingly upset.. McMunn's statement about it seems to be a different angle or even cameraman and how strange/odd it would be for McD to have more than one similar reactions to being told of the body being found.. This really had me thinking and I went back to the Michelle Quesada Interview that we have the full audio and transcript of(thanks again to Destini).. And in going back and listening and reading I am now wondering if infact this may be completely different cameraman and be indeed just as McMunn mentioned a separate and different reaction to his being told by the media about the body..

I'll explain why I think this is "POSSIBLE" that it's a different/separate interview than what we saw with Michelle Quesada.. First reason being is because IIRC *when McD learns about the body being found on cam with Michelle interviewing I don't recall seeing him sit on the curb upset but rather there is some discussion between he and the reporter her asking if he's ok and Michelle says that he then enters into the AT&T building for what she assumed was to cool Down in the A/C, possibly get a drink of water, and to calm down or gather his thoughts from learning of the body discovered.. Then as we know as he exits the AT&T building Michelle approaches him OFF CAM just to check if he's ok and that he again is very chatty about his neighbor so she once again starts rolling ON CAM.. to which as we know continues on for several more minutes of McD's chatty conversing about Lauren.. The interview then ends with Michelle saying they moved on and went to speak with apt mgr BB.. So to my knowledge there wasn't this curb scene in that fullout interview.. Secondly it's what Michelle then tells Kenny(on the live audio we have linked along with Destini's having transcribed these words as well so anyone can go back and hear or read these things that I am stating was said by Michelle).. Kenny asked Michelle what was McD doing after she finished interviewing him and moved on to the apt mgr.. She states that when they left the scene(Barristers Halls apts) that McD was still on the scene giving interview with who she believed was "The Telegraph" news media.. Her making that statement made me think that it is possible that the footage was possibly McD speaking with these other news media that Michelle Quesada said she witnessed as she was leaving that McD was doing interviews with..

I am not claiming that for absolute certain they are two separate reactions of McD being told of the body being discovered, but rather only saying that given all the info stated ^above^ leads me to believe it could be possible... just an opinion and a possibility nothing more..

+++++++ NOW ONTO SOMETHING COMPLETELY SEPARATE ++++++

Another thing that I have been thinking about regarding the reaction that occurred while on cam with Michelle Quesada when he first learns there has been a body discovered on the property.. I know back when we didn't know where the torso was found or whether it was in a trash bin or just laid out and easily seen possibly even as Many of us thought that it could have been even displayed intentionally to be seen and found.. So now in retrospect my knowing that the torso was actually in a trash bin.. IMO not intending AT ALL TO HAVE BEEN FOUND BUT RATHER THE INTENTION WAS FOR IT TO HAVE BEEN HAULED OFF WITH THE TRASH PICK UP THAT WAS KNOWN TO BE SCHEDULED FOR THAT DAY.. so, as I said in retrospect with that knowledge and now looking back at McD's reaction to the news that the torso had been found I can definitely see that if indeed he turns out to be the perpetrator of this heinous murder.. WELL.. THAT REACTION YOU BETTER BELIEVE WAS A PUNCH TO THE GUT!! LEFT FOR A WHILE SPEECHLESS HAVING TO GO SIT DOWN AND GATHER HIS THOUGHTS IN THE AT&T BUILDING!!!

That visceral reaction that is seen and heard would make sense given the intention was that the torso would have been long gone and hauled away with the apt complex trash that was to be picked up!!! No torso, no body, No Lauren, No murder!!!! And Lauren just is another name on another Missing Persons flyer for God knows how Many years!!!
That discovery of that torso was at minimum at 2 punch to the gut that left him breathless and rendered him speechless for moments to come.. It was the realization of this happy go lucky plan that thus far was playing out smoothly just got yanked out from under his feet before he even knew what hit him..

IMO looking back on this reaction with what most of us believe to be that the absolute intention was for that torso to have been hauled off to the dump and not discovered right there 50 feet from his and Laurens front doors.. It makes the reaction just that much more understandable IMO..

Jmo, tho in now looking back in retrospect with a different view from knowledge that has been Learned since that time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member